Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

It's amazing how many women have viewed me and made first contact ever since I uploaded a photo of me in a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I am actually convinced that some of the people on POF are actually stoned/drunk while messaging me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

It's amazing how many women have viewed me and made first contact ever since I uploaded a photo of me in a suit.

There is something magic about a suit..... link? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Galvasean wrote: »
    I will tell you NOTHING.

By nothing I mean EVERYTHING.

Enjoy the date hope it goes well:D

I have been chatting to a few today .One was too keen wanted to meet me tonight .

Is it normal to ask for mobile number after 4 short messages .Did not give it way to fast in my opinion same guy as above . One seems nice and normal, looking forward to chatting to him again . I got so many messages i am confused and didn't reply to many yet . About a quarter of them were just strange so wont reply to them. I am reading all of this thread for dos and donts.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

newbee22 wrote: »
    I am actually convinced that some of the people on POF are actually stoned/drunk while messaging me!

Lol :D Agree completely some are nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

If it were me, I would ask to meet first and then possibly exchange mobile numbers to organize something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

booboo88 wrote: »
    I know ....swoon

He refused though :(

Too feminine looking to satisfy his want of man-love I guess :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

c - 13 wrote: »
    Too feminine looking to satisfy his want of man-love I guess :D

I wonder is he a giver or a taker......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'm going suiting up then and taking some pics if it gets replies :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I changed my username the other day, and have gotten lots of messages since ;) maybe it's all in the name :D

Samich wrote: »
    I'm going suiting up then and taking some pics if it gets replies :D :pac:

Remember positive attitude Samich!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Week 1 of POF: I've been contacted by a few women on POF. Some were one liners, I even got a :) from one girl, one girl wanted to look at my Facebook page but I have received a few decent messages as well. I've been messaging 4 of the women who contacted me during the week, 2 of them have asked me out on dates to which I accepted (haven't been organised yet for various reasons) and there's probably 2 more if I took the initiative. I think I'm juggling a bit too much but none of the girls has said or done anything that wouldn't make me not want to meet up with them. I get the feeling I'm digging a hole for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Week 1 of POF: I've been contacted by a few women on POF. Some were one liners, I even got a :) from one girl, one girl wanted to look at my Facebook page but I have received a few decent messages as well. I've been messaging 4 of the women who contacted me during the week, 2 of them have asked me out on dates to which I accepted (haven't been organised yet for various reasons) and there's probably 2 more if I took the initiative. I think I'm juggling a bit too much but none of the girls has said or done anything that wouldn't make me not want to meet up with them. I get the feeling I'm digging a hole for myself.

At least you are getting dates which is a positive thing.

Stud! :pac:

awec wrote: »
    Is it the accepted practice to organise dates with more than one girl at a time?

Yep, go for it, especially if it's just first date. If you hit it off with one in particular you can tell the other girls you've met someone you want to see how things go with.

Is it the accepted practice to organise dates with more than one girl at a time?

I don't see why not really. Its not like one agreed date is a relationship commitment or anything like that. That said, I dont know if I'd be any good at dating multiple women. I have enough trouble remembering my own name and interests, let alone multiple women's!

Stud! :pac:

Jesus, I wish. I've met girls in pubs on nights out and spent the whole evening talking to them, just me and them, and managed to talk myself out of asking them out...even after their friends were telling me they thought I should.

• Advertisement

Dunno, I'd feel bad doing it. :o

Its your call. If you aint comfortable about it stick with one at a time.

I'd agree with Galvasean, going on a date with someone isn't a commitment to entering into a relationship with them but I do feel a bit awkward about it all the same. I've never had this kind of interest from women out in the world so I don't really want to end things with any of them prematurely.

Gonna be honest guys, gettin' a little nervous....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I put up more photos last week, including one suited one, and changed my name. Got a good few new views, but no mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Just enjoy it. You'll be fine...

Have fun! Very jealous!

How do you change your name? :)

How do you change your name? :)

you can change it on POF, just go to Edit profile, and down near the bottom there's the option ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jesus, so I get two messages from the same girl. I replied last night, had a look today and had two more messages from the same girl waiting for me.
    So I reply with a message, and within 10 mins I get another message from the same girl.
    Too keen?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement