Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The **WANTED** Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

Hi,
    Looking to buy a very cheap 4x4 for farm use only. Doesnt need to be taxed or tested and not too bothered about what make it is. Where should I started looking - checked on donedeal and everything is 700 euro and up. Would be be possible to find anything under 500?

It wouldn't be doing any towing, it'd be just for getting around the farm in, and able to throw stuff in the back, and something that I dont need to care to much about - I've a Landcruiser passenger, but that's a daily driver also, so always trying to be careful with it.

any pointers?, based in the midlands.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Do you need to go near any roads, even crossing a single public one? If so you won't find anything legal under €1500 and then you'll struggle.

If it's never leaving the farm, then NCT/DOE failed Discoverys are plentiful for€300 - 800 ish, will have loads of body rot but be otherwise solid. Old Suzukis and battered Fourtraks are around as well going by the number of off road ones, again cheapish.

Older bigger Jap 4x4s tend to end up on a boat to Africa.

yes, it won't be anywhere near a public road. Bodywork isnt really an issue, so long as it runs well and doesnt have a huge hole in the roof!!

If I hear of anything I'll post it, otherwise keep an eye on dd or the for sale on 4xforum (link under my sig)

I'd better shift this to the wanted thread in the meantime :o

101sean wrote: »
    If I hear of anything I'll post it, otherwise keep an eye on dd or the for sale on 4xforum (link under my sig)

I'd better shift this to the wanted thread in the meantime :o

cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Hi
    Looking for a bed liner and canopy for a 05 Toyota Vigo, double cab.
    Ideally black
    Ya know how to get me,
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Devil in disguise.

i'm looking for a difco turbo turf sausage machine. anything considered:D

Shifted your post into wanted section with a meaningful title, please don't use l@@K, seems to be a habit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 masterGoz

I'm looking for a....... land rover defender 200 tdi... year 1993

power stearing mounting bracket, the one that mounts on the pump of which you adjust the belt with, not the bracket that mounts to the engine!

thanks for any help look forward to hearing from you

regards goz.

I may have one but I'm in the UK at the moment, will look when I'm back in 10 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 masterGoz

thanks for the reply,

im gonna get onto landrover today with my chassis number, and get the correct part number as there are 2 diff ones!

ill get back to you then! its better to no for sure if its the right one as its happined 2 times now lol one guy said a disco one would fit no chance hits chassis, crank pully and alt!!! and one from a non turbo 200 also dont fit..

how much would you want for it and if its right could we orginize it through paypal and or post to save the nasty non power stearing drive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭kincaid

hi i'm looking for old tractors magazines specially Classic Tractor so if anyones got back issues of these etc laying around and no longer needed let me know please

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Colin1984

Hi can any one help find a Jcb 3cx I am goin building my house in the next few weeks and was looking for 1992 or any thing up to 1996 to buy. If there is any one could help drop me a pm and I will get bck to you as soon as I get the pm.

Thanks again colin

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭McP2011

masterGoz wrote: »
    I'm looking for a....... land rover defender 200 tdi... year 1993

power stearing mounting bracket, the one that mounts on the pump of which you adjust the belt with, not the bracket that mounts to the engine!

thanks for any help look forward to hearing from you

regards goz.

Did you get sorted with a bracket?...i might have one here i could check for you.....pm me sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭cargo

Anyone know of any Tuscon/Sportage jeeps scrapped around? I need a head for one.

Needs to be from the 2008 type engine with a DPF. (late 07's might have the same head if it's the 6-speed type)

Have been trying all the usual breakers and findapart websites with little success so far.

I's the 2.0 CRDi engine that come in the Hyundai Tuscon / Kia Sportage / Kia Carens models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 woodsie41

anyone know where I could hire a teleporter 6m or 10m cheaply for 4 months ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Last time I was in Gaynors near Ballaghadereen in Roscommon they had an old Hymac with the 6cyl Ford lump in it.

You should find their number in google. Sound crowd to deal with too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭kincaid

Hi,
    I’m looking for old magazines such as Classic Tractor and Tractor and Machinery etc.
    So if you have got any of these old issues laying about please get in touch.
    I’m a genuine collector

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 themadcats

Can anyone tell me where i would get a hitch for a international 956xl in ireland please?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose contacting a few tractor dealers would be a good start? Did you try that already?

• Advertisement

Can you name a few tractor dealers and there numbers as i dont know really many places around ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭broro22

The name of the hitch is attelages Lemonie can anyone help me get on of these second hand one. Having alot of trouble finding one. Any other breakers of international tractors around?

themadcats wrote: »
    The name of the hitch is attelages Lemonie can anyone help me get on of these second hand one. Having alot of trouble finding one. Any other breakers of international tractors around?

There's a crowd down near Rathdowney (not Neville Stanley although he may be worth a try also) that used to break DB and I think he did Case also.

Can't remember his name but can find out if you want

Yes if you could find out that would be great. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 the mucker

Alexander mills in benburb Co Tyrone were Main IH
    dealers but carry a lot of old stock. Might be worth a google'

cargo wrote: »
    There's a crowd down near Rathdowney (not Neville Stanley although he may be worth a try also) that used to break DB and I think he did Case also.

Can't remember his name but can find out if you want

Asked around but he seems to be finished at it. His son took over but was doing small machinery, lawnmowers, landscaping type stuff.

Did you try Neville Stanley? Also a list of tractor scrappers on here

http://www.localpages.ie/category.aspx?category=Tractors%20-%20Parts%20%26%20Supplies

There's also a guy on the front page with a thread about selling an international so he might know of scrappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Hi All ,

I'm looking for a Scania R series (2004 - present) workshop manual. I've done all the google searches but haven't turned up anything , can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Genuineguy

Hi,
    I am looking to source a good pair of 16.9 R34, Prefarable secondhand, Does anyone know the cost of these tyres new,

Also can anyone suggest where would i get a good secondhand pair for good value.

i have being on Donedeal, Dont see any good quality tyres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

As far as i remember we paid €1600 for a set off agri-max ones a few months back i priced around but there were no wild dirrerance in them.

Have the old set but there a hole in one:rolleyes:

Advertisement