Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

What a Day.

I bought CSS for a fiver. Got a free guest pass also. Traded the guest pass to some American for Half Life. Traded 2 coal for 'The Ship'. Did the CSS achievement and got another copy of the ship. Traded that for HL2.
    So basiclly I got 4 games for €5 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Digitalism wrote: »
    Anyone here in the UK willing to buy me the GTA collection and then gift it to me and ill paypal you £5 immediately? Im genuine and its just i cant afford a tenner where as £5 is only like €6... im tight like that :P#

Offer Ends in 10 mins!

It was down to 8.50 earlier. Stop being cheap! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

"View all 97 games" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

"View all 97 games" :o

Only? :pac:

"View all 286 games"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Only? :pac:

"View all 286 games"

Only 128. :(

Several years in the Mac ecosystem puts a brake on Steam purchasing. Though I've a crap ton of games in the attic that I really need to get around to adding on Steam, so perhaps 200 odd in reality.

• Advertisement

Is the latest Might and Magic still the same buggy piece of crap that it was when it was released or have they fixed most of what was wrong with it? Loved HoMM 3, wouldn't mind some nostalgia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Got my last achievement and another piece of coal. In a way im kind of glad its over. Grinding for ahcievements had gotten boring and was taking the enjoyment from playing games.

I also added another 30 to my wallet so have a bit of money to spend for tomorrows best sellers offers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hopefully grab a few more achievements tomorrow (AAAAaaaaaAAAAA is a bastard), but at the moment 11 coals (last one from BitTrip Beat), a few worthless vouchers and a snowball's chance in hell of winning anything. Still - the whole thing has been a delightful metagame, and a brilliant ruse to trick people out of money :P

Hopefully grab a few more achievements tomorrow (AAAAaaaaaAAAAA is a bastard), but at the moment 11 coals (last one from BitTrip Beat), a few worthless vouchers and a snowball's chance in hell of winning anything. Still - the whole thing has been a delightful metagame, and a brilliant ruse to trick people out of money :P

Meh to achievements, SWTOR happened... :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Street fighter 4 looks good hmm... Need something for my pc game pads, could you play 2 player on one pc?

• Advertisement

Just a warning to anyone planning on crafting coal. You'll only be able to win Valve games and coupons now.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2428973

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Just a warning to anyone planning on crafting coal. You'll only be able to win Valve games and coupons now.

Thanks for posting this - I was literally just about to craft 7 of my remaining 8 coal, but I'll keep em for the draw instead. I won't bother with the remaining two achievements I could do either. Ah well, fun while it lasted!

Thanks for posting this - I was literally just about to craft 7 of my remaining 8 coal, but I'll keep em for the draw instead. I won't bother with the remaining two achievements I could do either. Ah well, fun while it lasted!

You could always try and trade them on the steam forums or the steamtrading reddit. You'd probably get something better than you would for crafting them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I just noticed that on the objectives page too. That is absolute bullshít. Glad I was keeping my coal anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

For anyone needing to know, I still have my 1 coal available to trade. So let me see what you've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

For anyone needing to know, I still have my 1 coal available to trade. So let me see what you've got.

Would you like to trade 1 coal for 1 coal so I could get that achievement?

Would you like to trade 1 coal for 1 coal so I could get that achievement?
    Say what now? Something I missed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

It is annoying that Dead Island is still €25. Surely it should be around €15 most.

Say what now? Something I missed?

Sorry, I just read that there is an achievement for trading, I haven't gotten it yet so was just wondering if you'd want to trade 1 for 1 so I could get it.

Sorry, I just read that there is an achievement for trading, I haven't gotten it yet so was just wondering if you'd want to trade 1 for 1 so I could get it.
    I suppose. Lay the Steam ID on me.

• Advertisement

I suppose. Lay the Steam ID on me.

Seems I can't trade cos I'm new : (

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

HovaBaby wrote: »
    It is annoying that Dead Island is still €25. Surely it should be around €15 most.
    Got a 50% voucher for Silverlight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

if anyones lookin for borderlands i have a spare copy for trade for anothr game or if anyone has metro 2033 ill trade that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

HovaBaby wrote: »

yeah it is considering it was 8.50 in the first hour of the sale on the first day

Batman: Arkam city picked for €25. I foresee a control pad in my future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tempted to get dead island but so many games to play :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I picked up the Augmented Deux Ex:HR for €20; I have the standard version on d'xbox and was eyeing up the soundtrack on Itunes for €8.99 alone! With the documentary, booklet etc it's super value and I toiled over which format to get it on when it came out but the couch won out at the time :o I grabbed The Missing Link too for €3.73; it's still 1200 points on Xbox live ffs!

I also got L.A. Noire complete for €12.49, aint played it and heard mixed things but for that price what the hell.

Now if only the god damn servers could deliver the content I'd be satisfied with a pretty good day's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is sale over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Nope, today's the final day although the countdown says >19 hours to new deals atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Shred wrote: »
    Nope, today's the final day although the countdown says >19 hours to new deals atm.

That has me confused as well. Either they've forgotten to take it down or they're having something tomorrow where the coupons might actually be worth something.

Advertisement