Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

OK having read a few threads on mixing its obvious the Liberty Flights stuff uses a lot of Glycerol which gave everything a similar flavour, the stuff is also way thicker than the standard stuff I'm used to. Somewhere within the Kentucky Blend Applewood there is a nice taste thats almost completely drowned out by the Glycerol. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

OK having read a few threads on mixing its obvious the Liberty Flights stuff uses a lot of Glycerol which gave everything a similar flavour, the stuff is also way thicker than the standard stuff I'm used to. Somewhere within the Kentucky Blend Applewood there is a nice taste thats almost completely drowned out by the Glycerol. Shame.

Its all about tastes Mike, having read alot of reviews about the vermillion river the consensus seems to be that its good because its not an over fruity taste in the apple of cherry for example. TBH I didnt find the premium blend that bad, I remember one of the reviewers saying that if you liked RY4 you would like the premium blend..not everyone likes RY4.

I think the previous poster is spot on though, its time to start mixing. I wonder if there is a link to any 'recipies' to RY4 etc, or combinations that seem to work. Id like to know some of the recipies that better the vastly overpriced juices ie pink spot vapours or the so called gourmet juices.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Hi guys - my first post! I had been way off on ECF before I realised there was an Irish forum..........

I have tried a number of flavours from OK Smokey. Vaping for nearly 4 weeks now and no analog, having been primarily a Old Holborn roll your own smoker.

Old Holborn
    Doesn't really taste like Old Hoborn but has a lovely strong & slight sweet tobacco taste. Juice is a bit thick, and might gunk up your atty.
    7/10

Amber Leaf
    Quite like the Old Holborn, but not quite as sweet and liquid is less viscous. This could be my all day vape.
    8/10

Chocolate
    My other half's favourite - I don't like it, but if I was stuck.
    4/10

Coffee
    I love this one and am surprised that I do. Great throat hit, and tastes like coffee cake, whiich funny enough I don't like to eat, but for vaping is great.
    8/10

B&H
    Not bad at all. Quite mild, and I can see many others likeing this.
    6/10

Marborough
    Not as nice as the B&H, but good for priming the atty.
    5/10

Cuban Cigar
    Very strong flavour and after taste. Yuk!
    3/10

I have a shipment of Dekang ordered from China, and looking forward to trying these out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

Purchased from thevapourstore.

This is without doubt my favourite Menthol flavour on the market, and I've tried a lot!

Beautiful clean refreshing menthol taste, fantastic throat hit and clouds of vapour.

I don't know how they do it but Halo liquids seem to produce a vapour almost identical to an analogue.

A truly fantastic e-liquid.

Halo liquids are pretty expensive at 22.75 for 30ml but they really are great.
    Whenever I have the cash I splash out on a bottle of TruePure, Tribeca or Freedom Juice and love them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

surferdwb wrote: »
    Halo liquids are pretty expensive at 22.75 for 30ml...
    Understatement of the year!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

black tobacco from Thebestshop

when i first vaped it this morning I did not like it at all, i just about hated it. but over the day i've come to really like it. it has a very distinct flavour, i think it was just shock that turned me against it at first.
    I dont know what I'd call it a tobacco flavour.. it's.. strange. it reminds me of something, it definitely reminds me of something. I want to say some sort of fruit.. but it doesnt taste fruity.
    it's nice anyway, if you're looking for something that has a strong taste to it this definitely has that. good vapour, throathit's about the same as I get from my other juices (i vape 11/12mg).

black tobacco from Thebestshop

when i first vaped it this morning I did not like it at all, i just about hated it. but over the day i've come to really like it. it has a very distinct flavour, i think it was just shock that turned me against it at first.
    I dont know what I'd call it a tobacco flavour.. it's.. strange. it reminds me of something, it definitely reminds me of something. I want to say some sort of fruit.. but it doesnt taste fruity.
    it's nice anyway, if you're looking for something that has a strong taste to it this definitely has that. good vapour, throathit's about the same as I get from my other juices (i vape 11/12mg).

bought 10ml of this. pretty sure that it's black cherry tobacco as no other sites has just black tobacco so cherry is the sort of fruity taste that you were thinking of.

aaaaaah

Got some Premium from TBS today, Coffee, Tobacco, Watermelon & RY4. As someone said earlier it's horses for courses, but I'm not mad about any of them, and they all seem to have a "flavour" that runs through them all, but I can't quite identify the taste - something slightly sweet. I have some Dekang flavours coming from China soon, in various flavours - will report back.

In the meantime I've re-ordered my favourites from OK Smokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 elipsoid

achieve wrote: »
    As someone said earlier it's horses for courses, but I'm not mad about any of them, and they all seem to have a "flavour" that runs through them all, but I can't quite identify the taste - something slightly sweet..

Agree there, tried a bunch of TBS liquids and any of the ones I sampled had a very sweet twang, I thought caramel/sherbert - ish, after a while it was all I could taste.

At the opposite end of the scale I got some of their LIQUA Italian tobacco, and while I personally did not like it, I've no doubt it is very well crafted, not a hint of sweetness of any kind at all. I found it a hard one to quantify, but it is a very interesting flavor, almost like the bitterness of an espresso without any of the coffee body. I'm sure someone would love this, but not me, I will deffo be trying more of that range when funds allow.

• Advertisement

aren't tbs liquids dekang liquids? the bottles look the same as the dekang liquids from healthcabin

Maybe thier premium brand are different. Think I read earlier in this thread that TBS premium come from Hang Seng or someplace like that.

Today I have been alternating between my Ok Smokey Amber Leaf and TBS Premium Tobacco, and the TBS is quite as sickly sweet when not vaped continuously - sort of growing on me...........

My Dekang liquids are winging their way from China. Having read a lot about these but not having tried same, am looking forward to the experience.

I bought a ton of stuff from the TBS over the last few weeks. Just haven't got around to test a lot of them as I use Cartos. One outstanding flavour is MLB Virginia 18mg PG. Really really tastes and smells like rolly tobacco. Good vapour and a smooth throat hit but the taste really does it. It also mixes well with Caramel.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Ordered stuff from http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/ on the 24/11 and been away all day today.
    Got home just before the toy show and found my stuff had arrived. Happy face.
    Anyway got some 24mg dirty neutral baza and flavors to add.
    don't have a syringe or pippet cos I wasn't expecting the stuff so soon.
    Had a little taste of the base on it own and its a good vape, light tobacco flavor, silk cut blue maybe. i.e. light!
    Tomorrow I'l get some utensils and start mixing;
    Nutty Princess- smells lovely :)
    USA light mix- smell like perfume tbh :(
    Morning rain- colorless and I can't get any smell, might have OD'ed on the others 'tho
    30 yoyos for 200 mls + 15 ml flavors, recession buster or what !
    Now for more cartos and a new attie, no wait that not the plan....

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Ordered stuff from http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/ on the 24/11 and been away all day today.
    Got home just before the toy show and found my stuff had arrived. Happy face.
    Anyway got some 24mg dirty neutral baza and flavors to add.
    don't have a syringe or pippet cos I wasn't expecting the stuff so soon.
    Had a little taste of the base on it own and its a good vape, light tobacco flavor, silk cut blue maybe. i.e. light!
    Tomorrow I'l get some utensils and start mixing;
    Nutty Princess- smells lovely :)
    USA light mix- smell like perfume tbh :(
    Morning rain- colorless and I can't get any smell, might have OD'ed on the others 'tho
    30 yoyos for 200 mls + 15 ml flavors, recession buster or what !
    Now for more cartos and a new attie, no wait that not the plan....
    let us know how it goes with the mixing.

I've only been trying vaping for a few weeks now. started with ry4 and tried a couple of other flavours (cherry tobacco,strawberry). one thing that I've noticed is that if I'm drinking alcohol that I crave the smokey taste of real cigs. used to smoke marlboro lights - anyone got a recommendation for something to replace that? (real cig type taste like m lights or other tobacco)

Have just mixed Raspberry & Chocolate in a 50/50 mix in a smokeymizer - yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Halo Malibu:

I didn't order this but I got a 5ml sample with the order, I was cursing when I saw the free sample I got, any flavour but that one I thought to myself.

It's an interesting one and to put it into a few words, it tastes what I imagine pinna colada sherbert probably tastes like, with just a slight hint of menthol to give it a bit more kick.

I'm still unsure if I'd buy more, probably not, it's not an all day vape but it's definitely a tasty option to have available, a bit like the Turkish, though I think i prefer this over Turkish.

Throat hit 8/10

Vape production 9/10

Taste 7/10

i read that four times wondering what liquid you were reviewing before I realised you weren't saying hello to someone called Malibu

i read that four times wondering what liquid you were reviewing before I realised you weren't saying hello to someone called Malibu

Did you read it with a Dr.Nick accent too? :pac:

This liquid is interesting, I think I'll order a 15ml bottle to have available, it can get sickeningly sweet, but then you come back and enjoy it just as much again after a short break.

• Advertisement

Health Cabin - 11mg Bubble Gum. PG

I can't imagine anyone chewing on something that tastes as awful as this stuff, there's a hint of hubba bubba original flavour, it smells nice in the bottle and first impressions when inhaling seemed promising too, but then I exhaled and got a taste of what can only be described as a detergent, does anyone remember those purple candy sweets that tasted like detergent?

Shudder.

They should rename it to Persil Bubblegum.

Taste 4/10

Vape 8/10

Throat hit 6/10

:(
    i've 30ml of this coming in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Samba wrote: »
    does anyone remember those purple candy sweets that tasted like detergent?

Sounds like Dekang Dr Pepper - I compare it to industrial cleaner.

Two more..

Health Cabin Peanut 11mg PG.

It's quite authentic, though closer to dry roasted shelled peanuts, and the the specific taste you get off the red skin. It's not an all day vape but it's one that intrigues me every time I try it.

There's a few problems though, the first being your stomach, it starts to wonder where all the peanuts are after a while and you can build up a fierce hunger vaping this stuff. Vape production isn't great and throat hit isn't anything to write home about either.

Although it's far less pronounced, like the bubble gum, it has this twang on the exhale that spoils the inhale a little, that said, I love nuts so much I'll be dipping into this every now and then but it's still a novelty liquid that I probably wouldn't buy again.

Taste 7/10,

Vape production 6/10

Throat hit 7/10

Halo Prime 15 12mg PG/VG

Tastes very similar to the Joye tobacco but this stuff produces amazing vapour, you really get that analogue feel from it, I never felt the Joye tobacco actually tasted anything like tobacco tbh, it's like walnut tobacco you would smoke in a shisha, so you almost feel like you're smoking a shisha. It's a touch on the dry side but not so much that you wouldn't happily vape it all day.

Taste 8/10

Vape Production 9/10

Throat hit 9.5/10

Samba wrote: »
    There's a few problems though, the first being your stomach, it starts to wonder where all the peanuts are

Man thats the funniest thingI've read all day.:D

Thanks for the reviews. Halo Prime sounds nice.

I kinda see what youn mean about the detergant taste

vaping 11mg dekang cotton candy atm in a dcc
    it smells amazing but the actually cotton candy taste is very muted on the draw, and when you exhale there is a definite hint of... persil or something

im not gona give up on it yet.. when I get my lavatube i'll try it at a few different voltages and in a couple of different atomisers, but so far.. kinda dissapointed in it

I guess I could just use it as a shower gel or something, make myself smell pretty

Yeah, so promising when you pop the bottle open but then you can't help wonder about that after taste, I usually pull a Father Jack face each time I exhale, it's not half as bad on the peanut flavour but there's still a lingering twang :/

The HC liquids are made by dekang using the HCs selection of flavouring/ingredients, I don't think they differ much tbh.

Unfortunately I've gotta downgrade the Halo Prime from being an all day vape, it's simply too dry, it's a great liquid and if they could make it a little more moist on the mouth and throat and get a more authentic tobacco flavour to it, it'd quickly become my regular all day vape.

Can anyone advise me on which Halo liquids don't make you feel like you've just spent a day in the Sahara?

Malibu didn't have this issue but I've tried torque and prime which both share the same arid characteristic vape.

i'm.. kinda growing to appreciate it
    it doesn't really taste like cotton candy but it's.. sweet enough and the detergant taste has gone away the more I vaped it

definitely wont be an all day vape anyway, but maybe.. once a month I might break it out

dekang - litchi

i dont know what the hell this **** is, but I ****ing *love* it
    i think... *think* it tastes kinda like turkish delight, but bear in mind it's been years since I had turkish delight.
    i have always been terrible at describing things so I can't really explain what im tasting.. but it's so
    ****ing
    nice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is it Lychee by any chance? I've had lychee juice a few times, some of the asian supermarkets around stock it and it's delicious. Only way I could describe it is somewhere between a raspberry and a strawberry.

Advertisement