Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://enjuice.com/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=pack

havent ordered from them in a while, but delivery is 3 euro standard 8 euro registered (signed for afaik) and what I got from them I enjoyed alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Eoin wrote: »
    anyone know if any other sample kits that do have nicotine?

Been meaning to buy a sample pack from these for ages.
    http://www.oksmokey.com/e-cig-liquids/multi-packs.html

Be better if they had 10 x 5ml packs to sample.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Nice one - thanks a mil. That seems like pretty good value for 5 x 10 mil bottles.

my only gripe is that you have to do it by category, so you have to get 5 fruits, or 5 coffee/chocolates and im not entirely sure how different the cappucino is going to be from the cappucino gusto

but.. small gripe :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, that's a shame. I might give it a go, though I'm really happy with the mint stuff I just got - definitely my best purchase so far.

• Advertisement

my only gripe is that you have to do it by category, so you have to get 5 fruits, or 5 coffee/chocolates and im not entirely sure how different the cappucino is going to be from the cappucino gusto

but.. small gripe :)

Same with oksmokey, a lot to choose from which makes selection harder but they also have double flavours to make matters worse.
    For what i want to try would probably cost €50 + :rolleyes:
    Anyone near Bray that wants to go halves on a 10 x 10ml Drum and Old Holborn pack at 11 and 15mg as well as a couple at 18mg:D

ive spent the last hour or so flicking through 3-4 different stores trying to figure out what juices to get next week. it's hell., Ill probably just tell myself to man up and get a standard 50ml bottle of a tobacco flavour from thebestshop.

ive spent the last hour or so flicking through 3-4 different stores trying to figure out what juices to get next week. it's hell., Ill probably just tell myself to man up and get a standard 50ml bottle of a tobacco flavour from thebestshop.

Have done that a few times alright, headwrecking trying to select and just went with the 50 RY4 from thebestshop or whatever seems good value only to be disappointed.
    The hardest part of vaping is getting the right juice imo although i have a couple i'm fairly happy with.
    Just so much out there to try out.

derra wrote: »
    Been meaning to buy a sample pack from these for ages.
    http://www.oksmokey.com/e-cig-liquids/multi-packs.html

Be better if they had 10 x 5ml packs to sample.

Sorry, only saw this now. That's a great selection available. Nearly too good - that's going to mean a lot of humming and hawing for me!

Sorry, only saw this now. That's a great selection available. Nearly too good - that's going to mean a lot of humming and hawing for me!

Honest to God, it's a nightmare:D If you know what strength ya really want it's alot easier i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

I got this sample pack last month...
    11 flavours in 3ml bottles at 15mg strength, I have two or three favourites.
    Mainly the sweet tobacco flavours, Kentucky Premium, Applewood and Cherrywood.

http://www.uk-eliquid.co.uk/collections/vermillion-river-e-liquid/products/sample-pack-vermillion-river

I didn't really like the fruit flavours, but enjoyed the Caramelized Cappuccino and Vanilla, would used them every now and again.

They have another sample pack

http://www.uk-eliquid.co.uk/collections/vermillion-river-e-liquid/products/vermillion-river-sample-pack-2

I will probably try it out with 30ml of Kentucky Premium 20mg.
    I have a full bottle of red cola from bestshop I should get through first, but it just doesn't seem as strong in flavour as the first time I ordered it.
    Anyone else experience variation in taste when reordering an e-liquid?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,923 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Nice one - thanks a mil. That seems like pretty good value for 5 x 10 mil bottles.
    Value? No way, imo.

Have you tried www.inawera.com ? Get yourself a 100ml bottle of 'no flavour' juice in your preferred strength and a selection of 5ml or 10ml flavours - for a lot less than those prices! Standard registered post charge is €4 (unless you order a lot of product), and delivery is fast....

You can mix flavours to great effect e.g. menthol/tobacco, fruit/tobacco etc.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Premium virginia tobacco 18mg from the best shop.Absolutely no taste, no throat hit, no smell, nothing......I'm quite perplexed by this. There is absolutely nothing ,not even a hint of a taste, I wonder did they forget to add the flavour in this batch?

I even got a little bit in my mouth and still nothing, just PG/VG liquid, strange!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yes the too many choices to choose problem.
    I got a 10ml bottle of 18mg coconut. Bloody hell, it tasted like my socks, couldn't vape it at all. That was a fortnight ago an I started running low on the RY4 so I though I'd use the coconut for a bit. It's quite nice actual, coconuty and not too sweet, good vapor, OK throat hit. Are my taste buds changing that much or do I need to leave the stuff if its too fresh. Could it need to breath like wine?
    My advice, if it ain't nice now, try it again after a while it might have improved or your tastes might have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Yes the too many choices to choose problem.
    I got a 10ml bottle of 18mg coconut. Bloody hell, it tasted like my socks, couldn't vape it at all. That was a fortnight ago an I started running low on the RY4 so I though I'd use the coconut for a bit. It's quite nice actual, coconuty and not too sweet, good vapor, OK throat hit. Are my taste buds changing that much or do I need to leave the stuff if its too fresh. Could it need to breath like wine?
    My advice, if it ain't nice now, try it again after a while it might have improved or your tastes might have changed.

Quoting myself, how po-mo LOL
    Forgot that I'm using a lo-res attie now, that just might make a difference:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

That would be their way of saying "add your own flavours". (The cocopilado is lovely, by the way - coconut, cream, and something sweet (Pineapple?).

Really nice, without being sickeningly sweet, if you like non-tobacco flavours.

Desert Voyager is sort of like a mild cigar.
    Dark Fire is bitter, though I did mix it at full strength - then poured the rest down the sink!

Morning Rain is pretty bland, imo.

Pineapple is good, tastes like pineapple, though not as good as the Flavourwest pineapple.

Banana tastes just like those Banana flavoured soft sweets.

Blackberry is nice, though the Bickford one is better.

Both menthols are OK, though not very strong.

Pear is good, too.

Strawberry tastes just like real strawberries, raspberry is a bit sweeter than the real deal.

I've yet to mix the other flavours I got - the OHs firm favourite is now Cocopilada, with Pineapple or Pear for a change.

Sorry, can't advise on the tobacco flavours.

Chocolate and Caramel are very dark, worth noting for the attys.

Lastly, be warned that the labelling on the bottles is in Polish, though the pictures on the label make it easy enough to work out the contents.
    Worth noting, though, if you order a load of flavours.
    On the plus side, the flavours come in dropper bottles, unlike Bickford flavours. It makes mixing that little bit easier.

Suggest you buy a strong nic base, and mix it with 0 nic. Unless their pricing policy has changed since I ordered, it works out cheaper.

Lastly, be sure you have enough juice to keep you going. They won't ship a first order until payment has cleared. After that, it's 3-5 days until delivery.

Now that I've revealed that I go a bit mad when ordering new flavours, I think I'll sign off.:D:D

joyetech tobacco flavour from irishvapers

quite nice.. not exactly what i was looking for but..it actually kind of reminds me of smoking a cigarette. it's got a good throat hit too at 14mg and certainly a distinctive strong flavour. probably not to everyones taste, but I'd reccomend it

also, i saw that flavourwest place has ****ing gummi bear flavouring

****ing gummie bears?
    GUMMIE BEARS?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Sorry, Mewso.

I'll try to be good from now on!

I'll start with this:

Black Tea, 18mg, TBS.
    Surprisingly nice. If you like your tea with milk, don't let that put you off.
    Decent throat hit, plenty of flavour, without being quite as bitter as the real mccoy.

Spearmint 18mg. TBS.
    Tastes just like Spearmint chewing gum.
    Definitely one of the better mint flavours, imo.

Spearmint 11mg. TBS.
    Still clearly recognisable as spearmint, but lacks the same flavour as the 18mg.
    (If anyone knows where I can get a good spearmint flavour, let me know - anything below 11mg is tasteless, imo, and the OH is currently smoking 1.6mg strength.)

Virginia. 18mg. VapourIreland
    Decent flavour, decent throat hit. One of the better tobacco flavours, imo.
    as an aside, if you were a menthol cig fan, if you mix this with menthol liquid, you can get a surprisingly realistic "Consulate" taste.

Gold and Silver. 26mg. VapourIreland
    Supposedly like B&H. Decent tobacco flavour, decent throat hit - but not to my fellas taste.

USA mix. 11mg. VapourIreland.
    Surprisingly strong flavour for the strength.
    Pretty decent throat hit for this strength, too.

Freedom Smoke. 24mg. Freedom smoke USA.
    This one is marketed as being the most realistic tobacco flavour - it certainly sells at a premium price, 6.95 sterling for 10ml.

It's a good vape, fairly realistic, but not any better than the other tobacco flavours, except possibly for throat hit.
    If throat hits your thing, though, it might be worth a try.

Blueberry, 11mg. The Vapour Store.

Very nice flavour.
    A bit lacking in throat hit, but that seems to be the norm when you drop down to 11mg or below in strength.

Apple. 18mg. the Vapour store.
    Nice fruity flavour. A bit sweet for an all day vape, but still a nice change.

Raspberry. 18mg. The Vapour store.

Lovely, realistic flavour.
    Not too sweet, a favourite all-day vape for a while, and still one he goes back to.

Grape. 16mg. The Vapour Store.

Nice enough flavour - a bit sickeningly sweet after a while. Nice for a change of flavour, though.

Sam Mint. 24mg. The Vapour Store.

Good throat hit. Similar to doublemint chewing gum in flavour. A nice vape if you're not into menthol, but like mint flavours.

Pineapple. 11mg. The Best shop.

Nice realistic flavour. Still a favourite flavour, despite trying all of the above. (and probably a few more that I don't remember)

Pear. 11mg. The Best shop.
    Nice. Sweet, with being sickening. Another all-time favourite.

It seems to be the case that as nic. strength decreases, so does flavour?
    Not so much with the fruit flavours, though.
    Or is that just my Ohs tastes changing?
    If anyone knows why this is the case, pm me, because I don't want to take the thread off-topic again.

ok joyetech cappucino

no
    just... no
    not much else to say about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

TBS.eu Fortune Strike 11mg.

I'm on the hunt for a new all day tobacco flavour as I've gone off the the new Joye recipe, so decided to try a small bottle out.

First impressions remind me of Halo Torque56, massive throat hit, decent vape production,. It's a decent one to have in stock but it wouldn't be an all day vape for me, as with the Torque56, I find it rather dry.

@Mewso, what about yourself have you stuck with the Joye tob. or have you found a suitable replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

My search goes on. I am sticking with the Joye and I'm off on holidays for 2 weeks on Saturday so I'll have to go with it while I'm away. Just got a 5ml sample of the Halo Tribecca which seems good. Early days though so I can't give a great description.

I don't understand why they suddenly changed, did someone lose the recipe? :pac:

Anyway enough chit chat -

Review of old and new Joye Tob.

The old recipe reminded me of smoking tobacco from one of these but with very light fruit tones, whereas now I get the impression I'm vaping walnuts

I find it goes down well mixed with their menthol, but on it's own I've grown sick of it having vaped 2 bottles of the new recipe.

i just got some joye menthol from thevapourstore... it smells so minty.. kinda scared to try it

--edit
    oh my god, this is like vaping toothpaste

the pain.. the ****ing pain
    can't fault it for throat hit though

i just got some joye menthol from thevapourstore... it smells so minty.. kinda scared to try it

--edit
    oh my god, this is like vaping toothpaste

the pain.. the ****ing pain
    can't fault it for throat hit though

What strength did you get? I'm on 6mg, have tried no less than 10 other mints and menthols and I swear by this stuff, most tooth paste is mint/menthol flavoured :p

Reminds me more of Fox's Glacier mints imo.

i got medium, i think it's 11 or 12mg

i'm slowly, very slowly getting used to it.. i kinda have to since I filled my entire mega cartomiser with it so i'm stuck with it until tomorrow but it's still.. not great

i'd never tried any menthols before as i wasn't sure i'd like them, but it was you saying they were like vaping glacier mints that got me curious :) at least now I know menthol isn't for me. might be something I can dip into every now and again, if I run out of other juices.. but as soon as I'm done with this current fill.. it's being filled with something very very different

i got medium, i think it's 11 or 12mg

i'm slowly, very slowly getting used to it.. i kinda have to since I filled my entire mega cartomiser with it so i'm stuck with it until tomorrow but it's still.. not great

i'd never tried any menthols before as i wasn't sure i'd like them, but it was you saying they were like vaping glacier mints that got me curious :) at least now I know menthol isn't for me. might be something I can dip into every now and again, if I run out of other juices.. but as soon as I'm done with this current fill.. it's being filled with something very very different

A good rule of thumb is to use the small LR DCCs for testing new liquids

If you're finding it too strong, try mix in a bit of tobacco flavour with it, that calms the menthol down and gives it a bit more kick.

Failing that, I guess it's just a case of different strokes but i'm also starting to wonder if they've gone and changed another recipe :mad:

it's more than likely just different strokes :) not a huge menthol man even though I do love my mint sweets, i'm vaping it as much as i can atm so I can use a load of it up andthen add in some joye tobacco flavour :)

--edit

oh, right.. I just blew out the atty and most of the menthol juice just flew out onto some tissue paper :)

now for my dktb

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Samba wrote: »
    I don't understand why they suddenly changed, did someone lose the recipe? :pac:
    Joyetech eliquids are now produced by DEKANG ;) and two or three other factories.

Opit wrote: »
    Joyetech eliquids are now produced by DEKANG ;) and two or three other factories.

And so my list of reliable liquids just got smaller :)

I've 8 samples arriving next week, if I can't find something I like by then I think I'll cry, or maybe just stop vaping ;)

Thanks for the info, explains a lot, I assume this applies to the Joye and joyetech range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Samba wrote: »
    I assume this applies to the Joye and joyetech range?
    Yes, I got this information directly from Joyetech http://www.joyetech.com/product/liquid.php and also from other Dekang reseller in China.

Advertisement