Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Gosh you are all doing fab!! :o

I had lost 69lb then regained about 28lb, went back 5weeks ago and have lost 9.5lb already! Really getting into it.

So down a total of 49lb need to just keep it up!

I have a youtube channel so heres an update rather than me waffling!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

jacky73 wrote: »

Also, the rye crispread (like ryvita) from Aldi is only 1 pp per slice. Also, I made the O pp roasted pepper soup from the WW calender that came with the WW Dec magazine and it's gorgeous!

The Rye Crisp Bread I get in aldi is only 26calories for one so you get 2 for 1pp :) I have 2 with a banana every day and count it as 1pp. As a rough guide 40 calories = 1 pp I havn't got the pack with me now but will double check after work

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

dolliemix wrote: »
    Hi guys

Great to see so many people doing well and hope the people who are finding it hard can get back on track. It's such a hard time of year though. But the way I see it I'd rather go into the new year a little lighter than another half stone heavier to lose. Even if I stay the same between last weigh in before Christmas and first one after I'm doing so much better than if I hadn't done weight watchers.

I was 14.9 in feb 2010. Went down to 11.11 by October 2010 on weight watcher and stopped weighing myself after that. I was pregnant in march 2011 but lost the baby in may. After six months of emotional eating, tears and lack of motivation later and I joined weight watchers again two weeks ago. 14.2 :( but I lost 3 pounds the first week and three last week so now I'm 13.10 :) hoping I can lose 1 more pound so I'll have my silver seven by Christmas. And if I keep going I'll be back in some of my pre pregnant clothed by my birthday in march. My baby was due this week and I'm really glad I've been doing something really positive for myself for the last two weeks leading up to it.

I'm on 30 propoints per week but I do find it hard to stick to just 30 even cutting out the crap. I'm using my weeklies every day so I don't have as many to blow out on at the weekend. :( might spend some time doing more ww research during the Christmas holidays ....

Definitely want 2012 to be a better year !

Great that you are doing something positive :) and you have lost the weight before and you can do it again!! Best of Luck!! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lost another half pound this week. 1.5 more and I'm at a stone since joining, so I'm going to sort that out this week. Not going to drink on my work night out I've decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jellorous

Went to my meeting on tuesday and was absolutely delighted to see that I had lost another 2.5 pounds! That brings me down to my first stone! :) I was so happy because I thought I'd eaten a lot more crap this week than I normally would (stress with college, christmastime and all that). So excited to be on my way to my second stone!!

I was a bit thrown back when I was told what my goal weight was... according to my bmi I need to lose another 3 stone to be considered a normal weight... has anyone else thought their goal weight seems a bit low? It's not that i'm worried I won't be able to lose that much weight.. I'm just worried it's too low!! I'm quite broad aswell so I just never think the bmi is accurate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Kayleen wrote: »
    Hi izzy

I think you are being way too hard on yourself there - you are still almost 3 stone lighter than you were this time last year so you have NOT failed. You have merely had a temporary break - ok for maybe a bit longer than you had intended but all is not lost (pardon the pun):o

Is is close to Christmas and very easy to say that you will get back on track next year DON'T DO THIS please!! START NOW - think of all the work you can have put into that stone between now and January.

Christmas will come and before you know it - it will be over. Treat it like any other weekend and you will be fine. Have your days "off" but get back on track again the very next day.

You will be so proud of yourself for taking control again - surround yourself with your weightwatchers books and read, re read and re read them until you feel it all sinking in. What worked well for you between Feb and Aug?? Repeat as much of it as you can. Get yourself a nice notebook and keep it with you all the time and TRACK TRACK TRACK everything.

You felt great with nearly 4 stone gone - you are not too happy with yourself now - what needs to change to get that happy izzy back??
    You are in charge so TAKE charge.

Get your hands on the Irish Independent from Monday last (Page 17)where weightwatchers is given the thumbs up for the diet that is most likely to produce RESULTS but then you know that already anyhow :P

Regarding the leader - just remember she was once where you are now - that is her qualification - ok she may not be great at getting her message across - maybe stay back after class and have a chat with her she may be much better on a one to one level.
    If you still get no joy try getting as much out of the other members as you can - I feel that it is really important to stay to the class and if all else fails try to find another class in your area.

By posting here you have taken the first step - now you just need to take a few more

BEST OF LUCK

***note to self......heed your own advice:D***

Kayleen
    Thanks u so much for this message... U have no iead how much it has helped:D... I have printed it and have it have it on my wall where i can go and read it anytime i feel myself slipping... I have had a very good wednesday and thursday just taking it one day at a time... Im going to keep everyone posted...

Best of luck to everyone on this weight loss journey:D.. Its so hard sometimes but so worth...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Hi everyone glad to see so many down @kayleen best motivational post ever! Down 2.5lbs this week. Thats 4.5lbs since rejoined 2weeks ago. One more meeting then none till Jan...do you still weigh yourself in between? I dont have a scales in the house as I would be on it all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Ah izzy24 and jo33 you have made me blush:p

Glad to be of help and as I said earlier I need to start heeding my own advice now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Uh oh..... A little gingerbread man jumped into my mouth:) first Christmas casualty... Points anyone???

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!!

I'm having a good one so far! Only into my weeklies by 6, and went for a walk wed, thur and yest which really is a first for me! Lost 69lb with barely any, put a little back on so now I guess exercise needs to be incorporated! :o

• Advertisement

Had a great weekend used most of my weeklies but didn go over them so thats good...
    Bought myself a book to track everything have it in my handbag at all times :)...
    Feel im slowly taking back controle of my food thank god i so want to loose this weight...

hope everyones weekend went ok:)...

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a good week so far!!

I'm having a good one so far! Only into my weeklies by 6, and went for a walk wed, thur and yest which really is a first for me! Lost 69lb with barely any, put a little back on so now I guess exercise needs to be incorporated! :o

WOW 69lbs thats a brillaint achievement...
    I got my 50lbs but put some back on since... very mad with myself as i have alot of weight to loose but im getting back into ww mode and hoping xmas wont wreck everything... Im not going to let it:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Actually looking forward to this week's weigh in, not because I think I've done well but because our leader is throwing us a party!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Wow that's really nice! I don't think I've ever heard of a leader throwing a party before!

I'm at a conference the rest of this week and it's so hard to be good when you're staying in a hotel with work. Will try to minimise the damage but I think I'll be missing WW til January. Oh well!

izzy24 wrote: »
    WOW 69lbs thats a brillaint achievement...
    I got my 50lbs but put some back on since... very mad with myself as i have alot of weight to loose but im getting back into ww mode and hoping xmas wont wreck everything... Im not going to let it:D...

Thanks, same happened me though! Lost 69lb, 1lb away from getting my 5stone then I needed to add exercise thought I could do it with food alone and then I just king of gave up! Put back on 2stone or so and in the last 5 weeks being back have lost 9.5lb so I'm back on track! Hoping for any loss for my final ww weigh in tomo! TOTM though so even 1lb would be amazing! fingers crossed!!

You definietly have the right attitude so you'll do it!!

My home scales was looking peachy this morning, hopefully it will translate to Wednesday's class.

k7Mpp1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Allers

Hey!

Does anyone know how many pro points in potato wedges you get from a deli?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks, same happened me though! Lost 69lb, 1lb away from getting my 5stone then I needed to add exercise thought I could do it with food alone and then I just king of gave up! Put back on 2stone or so and in the last 5 weeks being back have lost 9.5lb so I'm back on track! Hoping for any loss for my final ww weigh in tomo! TOTM though so even 1lb would be amazing! fingers crossed!!

I am with the 2 of ya's there. I had lost 52lb (which is a bit less than half of what I need to lose) and have put 11lb of it back on. I am not putting my WW hat on til January though, still going to watch my food but going to have a bit of what I want when I want too until Jan.

dammitj wrote: »
    Wow that's really nice! I don't think I've ever heard of a leader throwing a party before!

I'm at a conference the rest of this week and it's so hard to be good when you're staying in a hotel with work. Will try to minimise the damage but I think I'll be missing WW til January. Oh well!

Yeah our leader is lovely and so supportive. She won WW leader of the year this year too.

Monife wrote: »
    I am with the 2 of ya's there. I had lost 52lb (which is a bit less than half of what I need to lose) and have put 11lb of it back on. I am not putting my WW hat on til January though, still going to watch my food but going to have a bit of what I want when I want too until Jan.

i would love to be able to do that but i already done it that last few weeks and have put up one stone so i will take it easy over xmas try and keep some controle or else i will put the 3 stone up knowing me... god its so hard sometimes but worth it at the same time:D...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

Hi all, I was in WW years ago and lost about four stone but didn't reach my goal.
    I put back about two stone of that.

So I finally started back 5 weeks ago. So far I've lost 1 stone 3 lbs and delighted with myself.
    Altogether I need to lose about 5 stone. I'm nearly 50 now and have been overweight since I was a teenager. I'd love to be slim and to be able to shop where I please. Tired of buying in Evans and other overpriced big lady shops.

The biggest difference I notice now is that I feel better. I'm less depressed and have more energy. I had a few bad food days last week and was stunned by how fast my mood went back down again. Cutting out the junk makes such a difference.

Working hard on self esteem, was too shy to put up my hand to get my first silver 7 but managed it for the stone so that's big progress.

Posting here is another little step for me. Confidence has been shattered in recent years by various events to good to be taking a few steps in the right direction again. Enjoy reading all your posts.

I love the new pro points plan, feels like there's more food, I'm seldom hungry yet I usually have enough points for a treat in the evening.

oh god i dont no bout that but im really trying hard to get back controle which i completely lost... put up at least 1 stone... see i had to change jobs and counties and ww leaders and i find my new leader usless so i have decided to do it alone and will get back to my old leader every few weeks so i bought my scales the weekend, a book to track everyday and log my wi every week and wi is tuesday so fingers crossed will be a few pounds less since my last wi 3 weeks ago...
    best of luck to everyone who wi this week and keep us posted... this thead has become meeting and place of support... so thank u everyone for ur inspiration so far:)...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Hi everyone great thread very encouraging. Three christmas parties since last WI and wont get to exercise as much this week...sigh. Still keeping it going though even if I haven't dropped weight as find getting weighed and meetings help. This is my umpteenth time doing WW. Usually at this stage I have thrown in the towel. But it's the first time I have the right mental attitude! What do you think? Is it the same for you??

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I haven't posted on here in months, but like to keep up to date with how everyone else is doing. So, over the past while I have been gaining & losing the same few lbs & am still free at WW. I haven't ever managed to get to my goal weight this time, but as of WI this morning, I am only 1lb away! My leader told me I have now lost 3lb 10lbs in total (but that has been over about 4 1/2 yrs!)

Looking back over 2011 :

Started back at WW at start of Jan @ 13st 2lb:eek:
    By end of June I got to 10st 12lb & was free (goal weight is 10st7lb & have my goal card from approx 16/17 yrs ago)
    I have been hovering between 10st8lb & 10st12lb ever since.

At the start of the year I was bursting out of my size 16s & now am a size 12 & some of them are a bit loose!

I would like to get to my goal weight (10st 7lbs), just to say that I got there. In my 20s, the lowest I ever got to was 10st6lb, so I'd like to match that again - just to be the lightest I have ever been in my adult life. Hopefully I'll get there in 2012.

Good luck to everyone our weightloss / maintenance journeys & Happy Christmas.

Up half a pound this morning. Oh well, lost 5 last week so 4.5 in two weeks isn't bad! Just hoping I don't do too much damage over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I missed my meeting this morning as my car ended up in a ditch due to ice yesterday.. Raging!!! Was due to get my gold card too..it was the first meeting I missed and the leader was having some nibbles for us! But well I don't mind.. She's given enough tips and pointers to get through Xmas so I'll just have to be good and not undo my good work so far:(

had wi after work today... am down 3lbs :D... very happy as im down 3 stone and half lb over all since joining in february... still have a long way to go but im getting there one stone at a time...

best of luck to everone who has wi :)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

LinK3 wrote: »
    I missed my meeting this morning as my car ended up in a ditch due to ice yesterday.. Raging!!! Was due to get my gold card too..

Oh no Link3, hate this weather, whatever about the car, hope your ok. It will be a nice New Year gift to get your gold card, what better way to start the New Year.
    izzy24 wrote: »
    still have a long way to go but im getting there one stone at a time

Well done izzy24, take it one pound at a time and you'll get there.

I had my last weigh for 2011 this evening, I usually go about once a month but haven't been in 9 weeks, I had set my own Christmas goal of 7lbs and delighted I got there this evening. 7lbs under goal weight which will be great for Christmas in case I go overboard. Hoping not to do too much damage but want to be able to enjoy myself too.

Hope you all have a great Christmas - eat well & drink loads

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Big wi tomorrow night.....if I lose a pound I will get my gold card!! Had a shocker of a weekend with my xmas party and that rolled into a hangover complete with binge food. But been as good as gold (haha) since Monday so not giving up hope.
    Alcohol is such a killer especially wine, its just makes you hungry. :mad:

• Advertisement

Think I'm going to get my stone for Christmas tonight, it's looking good.

I'm only 5lb overweight on my home scales in the morning now. Feels so good. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement