Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

oh im depressed to find out there is 6 pp in a measure of Bailey s.Its my favourite Christmas drink and I've just realised that my home measures over the years must have been between 12 and 18 pp minimum. . lol. .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

dietdiva wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find the ww sausages in Carlow or kilkenny.?I'm always on the lookout for them but havnt seen them in months.
    Thanks in advance.

I always find them in Superquinn. Sometimes (very rarely but you might be lucky) they are in Supervalu. I have also seen them in Dunnes, also less often though.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

hey guys,

havent posted in a while, so here goes.

i have COMPLETELY lost my mojo, and not only today, for the past month! thank god it's not shown too bad at the scales, was down for 2 weeks (no idea how), up a pound and then stayed the same last week.

i just cant seem to get back into it, i've still been going to my meetings but i feel like a fraud!

i feel so guilty, and just want to get back on track! would love a loss before xmas, even a half a pound would be lovely!

anyone ever go through this? how did u get out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

lila44 wrote: »
    hey guys,

havent posted in a while, so here goes.

i have COMPLETELY lost my mojo, and not only today, for the past month! thank god it's not shown too bad at the scales, was down for 2 weeks (no idea how), up a pound and then stayed the same last week.

i just cant seem to get back into it, i've still been going to my meetings but i feel like a fraud!

i feel so guilty, and just want to get back on track! would love a loss before xmas, even a half a pound would be lovely!

anyone ever go through this? how did u get out of it?

Yes, and I am sorry I don't have good news for you because I am not out of the woods yet. I said to myself I would be happy with STS until January and then I am really going to give it a go. Only time will tell, hope I can get back into it.

Monife wrote: »
    Yes, and I am sorry I don't have good news for you because I am not out of the woods yet. I said to myself I would be happy with STS until January and then I am really going to give it a go. Only time will tell, hope I can get back into it.

glad to hear im not the only one! :) it's so hard to get the motivation back after you reach your goal! i've lost 25.5lb's so far (since july 5th), and would love to get 2 stone before xmas, but it's so hard!!

i've just spent the past hour writing out a food plan for the next week, maybe that will help. even if i dont stick to it religiously, it should limit my craziness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

Monife wrote: »
    I always find them in Superquinn. Sometimes (very rarely but you might be lucky) they are in Supervalu. I have also seen them in Dunnes, also less often though.

great thanks will try Superquinn so.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Don't know who mentioned it on this thread but the aero mousse yoghurts are lovely when they're frozen! Like chocolate ice cream but only 3 pro points. Nice for the odd treat after dinnner.

Thanks for the tip!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

lizt wrote: »
    Don't know who mentioned it on this thread but the aero mousse yoghurts are lovely when they're frozen! Like chocolate ice cream but only 3 pro points. Nice for the odd treat after dinnner.

Thanks for the tip!
    It was me who posted that tip .There just yummy and last ages . . tried the mint aero mousse and the white aero mousse but i didn't really like them.Best to stick with the chocolate ones.Glad you enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

@lila44 I would love an answer to that myself! Only week 2. Had christmas party last night. Pointed everything today and found the damage wasnt too bad although too tired for exercise. I think the suggestion to track and then plan for next week are good so going to try that to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Checking in post my toy show binge... Chocolate.. Jellies... nom nom nom... Holidays next Friday for nine days so pray for a loss for me on Wednesday morning!! How is everyone? How are we doing on our stone by xmas?

• Advertisement

very quiet here this weekend - we all at the xmas parties? :)

i had my dinner planned, but sadly die to the weather (hailing out there :eek:), i'm refusing to walk the 30 minutes to tesco!

there's a small "country" shop 5 mins away...any ideas what i could get that would be within around 10-12 points? what do u all do when dinner plans are scuppered?

on a side note, is anyone changing to the 26 pts a day? was going to today, but im just so hungry (think it's the weather), gonna stick to the 29!

on a side note, is anyone changing to the 26 pts a day? was going to today, but im just so hungry (think it's the weather), gonna stick to the 29!

I'm doing 26pp this week as I am going on Holidays for 9days from Friday and with Christmas aswell be bak on 29pp in Jan though :):D

New discovery!! Tesco are doing a new 'tapas' range, and their prawns and chili butter is amazing! Zap them in the microwave for a minute and throw them over cous cous or noodles for a quick delicious meal!

Oh and the best bit? Theyre only 4pp!! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

very quiet here this weekend - we all at the xmas parties? :)

i had my dinner planned, but sadly die to the weather (hailing out there :eek:), i'm refusing to walk the 30 minutes to tesco!

there's a small "country" shop 5 mins away...any ideas what i could get that would be within around 10-12 points? what do u all do when dinner plans are scuppered?

I falll back on my oven chips, gammon steak and beans if this happens
    150g mccains oven chips 5
    100g heinz beans 2
    gammon steak 2

oven chips are great!

oh-oh
    weigh in tonight
    was away for a night at the weekend and between drinks and hangover food am 50 points over
    I find then that once I have gone over the limitI find it hard to stop
    I think " ah sure an extra 6 points won't make any difference to me now"
    Anyone else find themselves thinking like this. If so how do you manage to get back on the straight and narrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OBHOB

oh-oh
    weigh in tonight
    was away for a night at the weekend and between drinks and hangover food am 50 points over
    I find then that once I have gone over the limitI find it hard to stop
    I think " ah sure an extra 6 points won't make any difference to me now"
    Anyone else find themselves thinking like this. If so how do you manage to get back on the straight and narrow?

Sometimes I find if I go for a walk the day after and re-read weightwatcher blue book it brings me back to the weightwatcher way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jacky73

Hi, can anyon tell me if you have to use the 49 weekly points? Like is it just for emergencies (parties nights out etc) or do they recommend you have them or what?

jacky73 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyon tell me if you have to use the 49 weekly points? Like is it just for emergencies (parties nights out etc) or do they recommend you have them or what?

I wi on Wednesday ad use most them on a friday & saturday n back to dailys after that

Does anyone know a pp friendly restaurant to eat in in templebar friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hi evryone...
    been a very long time since been on this thread... and ww is going terrible for me...
    i started in feb 11 and was doing brilliant lost 3st 9lbs was so happy to be close to 4 stone and felt so determend to keep going... then i went away for a weekend to a wedding in august and that went ok but since den everything has just been awful... i moved away so had to join a new ww and i find the new leader useless compared to my old leader... my weight has been up and down since then and i already have nearly a stone put up :(... its so depressing and the last week i feel im just addicted to food cant stop thinking about sweets and chocolate its like im obsessed and i just dont no what to do im so afraid im going to up all the weight back up that i worked so hard to loose...
    has anyone else been in this situation and got back on track?? any advice and tips.. i need all the help i can get
    thanks for reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lost 5 pounds today!!! So happy, me and my leader were just shocked!!! Was up a pound last week and didn't think I deserved to be so this makes up for it. Very very happy, got my third silver seven today, it's great going into Christmas knowing I'm a few pounds lighter.

Hope everyone has good losses this week, if not just pick yourself up and stick to the programme. It works!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Yeah, down another pound! That's 2.5 under goal:) ohhhh I'm so looking forward to Christmas... I'm actually planning to be good, so we'll see how that goes..

up half a pound last night, not too bad considering i was away for the weekend.
    Gonna be good this week now. Christmas Party is on Friday though...dangerous, I must be strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

izzy24 wrote: »
    hi evryone...
    been a very long time since been on this thread... and ww is going terrible for me...
    i started in feb 11 and was doing brilliant lost 3st 9lbs was so happy to be close to 4 stone and felt so determend to keep going... then i went away for a weekend to a wedding in august and that went ok but since den everything has just been awful... i moved away so had to join a new ww and i find the new leader useless compared to my old leader... my weight has been up and down since then and i already have nearly a stone put up :(... its so depressing and the last week i feel im just addicted to food cant stop thinking about sweets and chocolate its like im obsessed and i just dont no what to do im so afraid im going to up all the weight back up that i worked so hard to loose...
    has anyone else been in this situation and got back on track?? any advice and tips.. i need all the help i can get
    thanks for reading

Hi izzy

I think you are being way too hard on yourself there - you are still almost 3 stone lighter than you were this time last year so you have NOT failed. You have merely had a temporary break - ok for maybe a bit longer than you had intended but all is not lost (pardon the pun):o

Is is close to Christmas and very easy to say that you will get back on track next year DON'T DO THIS please!! START NOW - think of all the work you can have put into that stone between now and January.

Christmas will come and before you know it - it will be over. Treat it like any other weekend and you will be fine. Have your days "off" but get back on track again the very next day.

You will be so proud of yourself for taking control again - surround yourself with your weightwatchers books and read, re read and re read them until you feel it all sinking in. What worked well for you between Feb and Aug?? Repeat as much of it as you can. Get yourself a nice notebook and keep it with you all the time and TRACK TRACK TRACK everything.

You felt great with nearly 4 stone gone - you are not too happy with yourself now - what needs to change to get that happy izzy back??
    You are in charge so TAKE charge.

Get your hands on the Irish Independent from Monday last (Page 17)where weightwatchers is given the thumbs up for the diet that is most likely to produce RESULTS but then you know that already anyhow :P

Regarding the leader - just remember she was once where you are now - that is her qualification - ok she may not be great at getting her message across - maybe stay back after class and have a chat with her she may be much better on a one to one level.
    If you still get no joy try getting as much out of the other members as you can - I feel that it is really important to stay to the class and if all else fails try to find another class in your area.

By posting here you have taken the first step - now you just need to take a few more

BEST OF LUCK

***note to self......heed your own advice:D***

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Down 1.5 this morn, 3 away from the 1st stone, really hope I can knock that off before christmas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Down another pound this week.. Delighted!!Ta be honest I was kinda loosing interest but I'm back on track again,its all good. I've my stone gone now..well in time for xmas..how's everyone else getting on with the challenge. We've another week yet, Dont give up!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Well tried the 26 points for a few days this week and was down 2.5lbs at WI this evening, yippee! Only 2 lbs to goal. Filled up on no pp soup on the days I ate 26 and loads of fruit. Really motivated for this week now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jacky73

Well tried the 26 points for a few days this week and was down 2.5lbs at WI this evening, yippee! Only 2 lbs to goal. Filled up on no pp soup on the days I ate 26 and loads of fruit. Really motivated for this week now!
    Wow that's great, I might do that after tomorrow's weigh in for the next week cos I think there's only one more weigh in after that..someone told me the other day that none of the meetings are happening last wk before xmas?..that they all have to stop that week..? Anyway, feel like I've gained this week but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Btw, read somewhere here (think it was here anyway) on a list of WW pp's that Jonnie Onion Rings are 2 pp's..they're not! I should've known they're too yummy for 2 pp's! I've been scoffing them and counting them as 2 and they're actually 4 pp's!! :eek: Bugger.

Also, the rye crispread (like ryvita) from Aldi is only 1 pp per slice. Also, I made the O pp roasted pepper soup from the WW calender that came with the WW Dec magazine and it's gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Well i'm down 1 stone 10 pounds in 10 weeks....
    Starting weight 17st 4lb now 15st 8.....feel great

Here an example of an average day to give people an idea of how much you can actually eat...im on 44 pro points a day(started on 49)

Breakfast...2 weetabix with semi skim milk,coffee(with canderal) 5 pp

10.00 break...1 0% vanilla yogurt with chopped
    apple,orange,kiwi,berries...wrap with 2 slices of wafer thin ham,2 wafer thin turkey and a low fat laughing cow, coffee... 7pp

1.00 break...homemade soup (veg/red pepper/roast garlic),.wrap with 2 slices of wafer thin ham,2 wafer thin smoked turkey and a low fat laughing cow, coffee....7pp

Dinner...various....make a nice pasta with smoked bacon and roast veg with a sauce made from light philadelphia and veg stock ,10pp

Desert...3 light rich tea ,coffee...4pp

Supper... another wrap with a pack of snax crisps .7pp

Snacks...curly wurly 3pp and 2 more light rich tea 2pp.

So as you can see I'm hardly starving.If recently started exercising in the gym twice a week and play 5 a side once and go hill walking on a Sunday...
    Most weeks i drink my 49 weekly point on a Friday/Saturday and go over by around 8 every second week.

So there ye go ,10 week ago i never would have thought i could do this so happy days...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hi guys

Great to see so many people doing well and hope the people who are finding it hard can get back on track. It's such a hard time of year though. But the way I see it I'd rather go into the new year a little lighter than another half stone heavier to lose. Even if I stay the same between last weigh in before Christmas and first one after I'm doing so much better than if I hadn't done weight watchers.

I was 14.9 in feb 2010. Went down to 11.11 by October 2010 on weight watcher and stopped weighing myself after that. I was pregnant in march 2011 but lost the baby in may. After six months of emotional eating, tears and lack of motivation later and I joined weight watchers again two weeks ago. 14.2 :( but I lost 3 pounds the first week and three last week so now I'm 13.10 :) hoping I can lose 1 more pound so I'll have my silver seven by Christmas. And if I keep going I'll be back in some of my pre pregnant clothed by my birthday in march. My baby was due this week and I'm really glad I've been doing something really positive for myself for the last two weeks leading up to it.

I'm on 30 propoints per week but I do find it hard to stick to just 30 even cutting out the crap. I'm using my weeklies every day so I don't have as many to blow out on at the weekend. :( might spend some time doing more ww research during the Christmas holidays ....

Definitely want 2012 to be a better year !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement