Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet, another one sided Apartheid opinion (girls inside)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They're not too fussy on the military aid side though.

exactly, I doubt they'd even have a country any more without the vast welfare they receive from the yanks and the geopolitical cover they get from them in the UN.

Talk about ungrateful...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭The Israeli

Ooooo. Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt the happy-clappy criticism-free thread there. Terribly sorry. Won't happen again. Do continue. What's next? 'Sexy Settlers'?

heh. funny.. No, of course you can say whatever you like. I'm just saying, that this time, I'm not here for that.

Sexy settlers? There are! I can find if the public demands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

RichieC wrote: »
    exactly, I doubt they'd even have a country any more without the vast welfare they receive from the yanks and the geopolitical cover they get from them in the UN.

Talk about ungrateful...

They should send them to bed with no supper.

Sexy settlers? There are! I can find if the public demands :)

There might be a few non religious sexy settlers, the ones that move to settlements to avail of the cheap housing and government handouts rather than the ones who think it's their god given right to burn farmers off their land and demolish their houses to take over.

There's nothing sexy about crazy religious fundamentalists, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Siuin wrote: »
    Doesn't make us your friends :) Of course, Keith will gladly have you often at his hall/house. If you visit during July he might even take you out to see a parade :)
    You didn't go into politics? Hello? Your whole existence on this site has been based around defending Israeli politics! These people are working for StandWithUs-- an Israeli hasbara organisation! Even the TITLE is political.
    People might be bumping up the thread, but it sure isn't improving the quality of the original post
    He is welcome to Ulster any time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

RichieC wrote: »
    There might be a few non religious sexy settlers, the ones that move to settlements to avail of the cheap housing and government handouts rather than the ones who think it's their god given right to burn farmers off their land and demolish their houses to take over.

There's nothing sexy about crazy religious fundamentalists, however.

Weeeeell...! ;)
    kdotcom58ea3a9eb96aphp1ji7bgpm-vi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

I never said that they are the brightest, but I won't say that they aren't.
    Looks like you are trying to find something negative in a positive thing. meh

I wasn't trying to find anything negative to say by it at all.

Fact of the matter is no political system is 100% good or 100% evil, and the victors generally tend to write the history books, and gloss over anything that doesn't suit them.

Democracy isn't the answer to all societal problems, we just happen to be subject to it and thus we like to think its the best system out there.

The worst part is people here project themselves and their own situations to regions and cultures which they've got absolutely no real life experience with. As a result they believe they're more correct than the people that actually have to put up with their opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

All the Israeli opposers who are writing here help this thread to remain high in After hours. Thank you for that.

People aren't 'Israeli opposers' like they hate every single Israeli. It's just the treatment of Palestinians that gets people worked up.

This treatment you are talkin about, works both ways.
    I'm sure however, that we can treat them better, and that they can treat us better.
    They don't stop Israelis at check points obviously, but they throw stones, stub, preach to kil, launch rockets attempting to kill civilians and not as an act of self defense as you saw on the video I've posted.
    (I'm talking about the principle. There are exceptions).

There are A LOT of peaceful palestinians, and it's sad that they suffer for the crimes of non peaceful palestinians, and some Israeli assholes. But I'm also sorry for the many Israeli civilians that have been killed or wounded only for being Jewish Israelis.
    I'm sorry for the children living around Gaza which suffer from sirens, and rockets. 30 seconds at most between the time the siren first sounds till the rocket falls. In many times it is less. Imagine the panic while getting into a shellter. It caches them at homes, at schools, at play grounds, on streets.

We all suffer from this. Not only the palestinians.

I haven't discussed solutions. Just underlined the mutual suffer.
    Many say, have you seen the numbers of the palestinian deaths compared to the Israeli??
    I say, have you seen the video of the man armed with rockets firing from a residential house?
    have you heard about the palestinians in Syria that were promissed to get payed for risking their lives at the Israeli northen border? no, they didn't get paid, got angry, and the palestinian militans in Syria shot many of them.
    Who cares for palestinians - not the people that claim to be their defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

KeithAFC wrote: »
    He is welcome to Ulster Northern Ireland any time. :)

FYP ;)

• Advertisement

FYP ;)
    I think he likes the Republic too, so that is why I put Ulster in.

A video that shows the favorite locations for launching rockets; completely and deliberately risking cevilian lives in their fight against Israel:

A video that shows the favorite locations for launching rockets; completely and deliberately risking cevilian lives in their fight against Israel:

Collective punishment is against international law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I think he likes the Republic too, so that is why I put Ulster in.

There you go accidentally forgetting to make the distinction between Northern Ireland and Ulster again...

Namlub wrote: »
    There you go accidentally forgetting to make the distinction between Northern Ireland and Ulster again...
    These things happen. Just a habit I have.:) Anyway, good post OP. I think you have put across some good points on this thread in my opinion anyway.

It's not punishment. It's not letting them gather more weapons (but they still do).
    What happens now is that they have an open border with Egypt, the blocade is reasonable and legal.
    Protecting our lives from more rockets and other nasties, sounds like a good reason to me.
    I wish there wasn't be a blocade, but it is worth another 1 - 1000 Israeli lives.
    If they stop shooting, the blocade will gradually be removed.

These things happen. Just a habit I have.:) Anyway, good post OP. I think you have put across some good points on this thread in my opinion anyway.

Thanks KeithAFC. I wanted to make it "light" and leave it that way, but as always, it's hard for me to quit when things get hotter. *I will, I will..*

Probably I should read / watch what is the thing with Ulster. I really should understand more in that, if I'm here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

And we all know that the only things Israel has bombarded Palestineans with are affection and puppies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

And we all know that the only things Israel has bombarded Palestineans with are affection and puppies

And white Lilies.. I mean - phosphorous.

Probably I should read / watch what is the thing with Ulster. I really should understand more in that, if I'm here :)

Well here's a good start:
    It's called Northern Ireland, not Ulster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

This treatment you are talkin about, works both ways..

Theres Palestinian colonists in Israel now?
    I'm sure however, that we can treat them better, and that they can treat us better.

Indeed. A good start would be the Israeli government taking its troops and colonists and fucking off to its own side of the border. You might be better agitating for that than offering unconvincing apologia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Launched by attractive humanitarian -minded women. None of this beardie home made rocket lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

We should send them all some delicious marmite

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

In fairness there are lots of Israelis who are against the settlers (colonizers) and who have no great love of Netenyahu and Liberman.

Just as there are many Irish people who are against the repaying of Bondholders and have no great love for... Well, ANY of our leaders.

This is why I always say that bashing a country and bashing its government policies must remain separate.

UNFORTUNATELY though, it's defenders of that government who often cross the two together. For example, I absolutely loathe expansionary Zionism and the Israeli governments which enforce that policy. However, I have nothing against Jews or Israeli people in general. However, when I make posts against Israeli policy, I get accused of being Anti Semitic.

So let's be clear about it. Jewish people are fine. Israeli people are fine. Palaestinian people are fine. Arabs are fine.

The Israeli government, the Israeli military, Hamas, and Palestinian militants, on the other hand, are (in my opinion) scum.

I have respect for the PA because in general they don't (anymore) seem to support violence against civilians. All of the other parties mentioned above do.

They may not be as sexy as the OP's ladies, but here are some more female soldiers with something quite different to say about their experiences:

The clips from this are quite poor, you'd really need to watch the whole thing to get a feel for what message they're trying to convey.
    Israel is the only country in the world where 18-year-old girls are drafted for compulsory military service. In this award-winning documentary, the frank testimonials of six female Israeli soldiers stationed in Gaza and the West Bank pack a powerful emotional punch. The young women revisit their tours of duty in the occupied territories with surprising honesty and strip bare stereotypes of gender differences in the military. The former soldiers share shocking moments of negligence, flippancy, immaturity and power-tripping as they describe atrocities they witnessed and participated in.

The psychological transformation that these young women underwent as a result of military service is both upsetting and riveting. The culture of war transforms people: personalities change, moral codes are subverted, values are supplanted and masks are constructed to dull the pain of what they did and didn't do in uniform. At a time when women in the military are increasingly on the frontlines, and the actions of soldiers all over the world are being questioned, this powerful film explores the ways that gender, ethics and moral responsibility intersect during war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP, do you think men are thick the way you entice them with sexy women images?

Keith, what's the propaganda you speak of? Israel's excessive force is real, not a propaganda creation. Why are you unwilling to acknowledge this?

OP, I can understand how an Israeli person would be angered and hurt by the sidelining of Israeli civilians who have suffered due to Palestinian terrorists, but to those outside, the behaviour of the Israeli state is atrocious. Try to remove yourself from your position of bias and look at how the Israeli state (not ordinary Israelis - give the "anti Israeli" bullsh1t allegations a rest will ya?) is going to appear to the rest of the world. Bullies - no two ways about it.

Nodin wrote: »
    Theres Palestinian colonists in Israel now?

Indeed. A good start would be the Israeli government taking its troops and colonists and fucking off to its own side of the border. You might be better agitating for that than offering unconvincing apologia.

And you will come and be the human shield against potential attacks that this one sided without agrement move will bring?

You are smart when your life isn't at stake.

And you will come and be the human shield against potential attacks that this one sided without agrement move will bring?

No one says the conflict is one sided.. it's only one sided militarily.

Dudess wrote: »
    OP, do you think men are thick the way you entice them with sexy women images?

OP, I can understand how an Israeli person would be angered and hurt by the sidelining of Israeli civilians who have suffered due to Palestinian terrorists, but to those outside, the behaviour of the Israeli state is atrocious. Try to remove yourself from your position of bias and look at how the Israeli state (not ordinary Israelis - give the "anti Israeli" bullsh1t allegations a rest will ya?) is going to appear to the rest of the world. Bullies - no two ways about it.

These vids do their job, and they are contributing. They aren't just images. If you watched it, you know.

I always put myself on both sides. I often describe the Palestinian pain and suffer, but what can I do that I don't want to deteriorate my countries security..
    We should talk all the time, despite of how impossible peace sounds.
    We should teach soldiers how to treat palestinian citizens in a better way.
    We shouldn't do stupid things like withholding the Palestinian tax money like it was done during this month.

We should protect our borders and not compromise before terror.
    A future agreament should be final and bring the conflict to an end. Both parties will have to give up on important things to them. Not just one.
    Right now however, I don't think that the people from both sides are ready to end this conflict. Too many palestinians want to destroy Israel, and many of them hold key positions, and there are many Israelis that believe in "the complete" Israel and are ready to suffer for it, though if a permanent and real aggreament will be in sight, they will move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Oh please your country is stealing there land on a daily basis, stop pretending that colonization is not a violent process. End the land grab, and the reason for violence on both sides will diminish. There will be nutters, be they Israeli settlers or Hamas types who will still engage in violence, but they will go away over time, as people don't really like taking pointless risks, when they have something to lose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement