Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

colonel1 wrote: »
    How do you know BW don't send out pfos if u don't mind me asking? Pretty bad form if they don't!

I don't think they do. Still waiting for one and for the girl to call me back since 2009. No manners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

BW are notorious for not bothering to send out PFO's, so I wouldn't waste my time even expecting one.

To all those who are feeling disheartened, this is my fourth year trying to get a training contract and I've finally gotten one. I've had the door slammed in my face so many times. The amount of PFO's I've accumulated could wallpaper a house at this stage. I had to congratulate all of my friends as one by one they got jobs and got so depressed as to why it wasn't happening for me. I very nearly gave up and didn't bother applying this year. Look, keep going. Remember that it's not always going to be easy and you will get disheartened by countless PFO's, but you only need the one offer and all the hard work and persistence will pay off! Keep improving your CV, do work experience, get involved in volunteer work- do things that will make you stand out and it will happen eventually-I'm living proof that it pays off in the long run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LivinLaVida

I reckon that if you haven't got a PFO than you are on a waiting list if people reject. I got Frys yesterday so I am not sure whether I will take that or eversheds depends on when I can start and that. In the WF offer there is a deadline of the 9th because and they said that there was a waiting list of people if you were to reject etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

I reckon that if you haven't got a PFO than you are on a waiting list if people reject. I got Frys yesterday so I am not sure whether I will take that or eversheds depends on when I can start and that. In the WF offer there is a deadline of the 9th because and they said that there was a waiting list of people if you were to reject etc.

congrats on eversheds and WF....what is ur secret:)

has anyone heard from DE lately? i know they have sent some pfos and have rang some people for 2nd round interviews but i havnt heard anything....dont wanna ring and annoy them either though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheDarkKnigh

I've seen people say that WF have a waiting list but will they have expressly told ppl they are on it? I just received a pfo, cud I be on the list and they call out of the blue or wud they have told me if I was on the list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LivinLaVida

DE rang at 12 yesterday I would say. The HR lady rang. Cheers Birdie, lucky enough I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

DE rang at 12 yesterday I would say. The HR lady rang. Cheers Birdie, lucky enough I reckon.

thanks livinlavida! so scared they just got my email wrong and they've rejected me and i dont even know:( hate this process soooo much!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

ananas wrote: »
    BW are notorious for not bothering to send out PFO's, so I wouldn't waste my time even expecting one.

To all those who are feeling disheartened, this is my fourth year trying to get a training contract and I've finally gotten one. I've had the door slammed in my face so many times. The amount of PFO's I've accumulated could wallpaper a house at this stage. I had to congratulate all of my friends as one by one they got jobs and got so depressed as to why it wasn't happening for me. I very nearly gave up and didn't bother applying this year. Look, keep going. Remember that it's not always going to be easy and you will get disheartened by countless PFO's, but you only need the one offer and all the hard work and persistence will pay off! Keep improving your CV, do work experience, get involved in volunteer work- do things that will make you stand out and it will happen eventually-I'm living proof that it pays off in the long run!

Congratulations, well deserved!! Where u starting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

MOP, I'm still in a state of shock though, cannot believe that it's finally happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

ananas wrote: »
    MOP, I'm still in a state of shock though, cannot believe that it's finally happened!

Well done ananas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

moonbino wrote: »
    How do you know BW don't send out pfos if u don't mind me asking? Pretty bad form if they don't!

I don't think they do. Still waiting for one and for the girl to call me back since 2009. No manners.

Lol think the sheen has worn off BW;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

Lol think the sheen has worn off BW;-)

Really shocking that applicants don't even merit an e-mail, I had heard before that BW didn't get back to people before but was still surprised that this is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RizzleKick

If anybody hears from AC in the next few days will they post....hanging on by a thread here!!

RizzleKick wrote: »
    If anybody hears from AC in the next few days will they post....hanging on by a thread here!!

Lol. Me too!

Oh this waiting game is driving me crazy :-((

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

moonbino wrote: »
    Oh this waiting game is driving me crazy :-((

Same. It's now mind games with me and driving me 'slightly' insane. I keep trying not to think about it, but then I think about it. And then I imagine them ringing (time, where I'll be, what they'll say, what I'll say), which is not going happen because I have this crazy thought process where nothing happens how I imagine it and now that ive imagined them ringing, they won't.
    I'm trying to convince myself that they won't ring, which isn't going well. And I keep analysing that damn interview!!

Yup, officially insane

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

wez99950 wrote: »
    Same. It's now mind games with me and driving me 'slightly' insane. I keep trying not to think about it, but then I think about it. And then I imagine them ringing (time, where I'll be, what they'll say, what I'll say), which is not going happen because I have this crazy thought process where nothing happens how I imagine it and now that ive imagined them ringing, they won't.
    I'm trying to convince myself that they won't ring, which isn't going well. And I keep analysing that damn interview!!

Yup, officially insane

YOu are not alone. LOL:D

irkalein wrote: »

Yup, officially insane

YOu are not alone. LOL:D

Oh my word me too. You have just described my whole weekend! Lol

Who are you waiting on? I think Eversheds, mop, fry's and AC have gotten back to ppl, I've also heard that A&L have too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭irishgirl23

I'm still waiting for my PFO from Eversheds. Anyone else in the same position?

• Advertisement

got pfo from eversheds last week.
    no news from AC though. did someone get a phone call from AC??

got pfo from eversheds last week.
    no news from AC though. did someone get a phone call from AC??

Irkalein, did you get that Eversheds PFO after you interviewed with them? Or did you interview at all with them? Was it an email/post?

had no interviews at all with them, but pfo arrived only last week. I am afraid to say it but mayb it is good news irishgirl23 if they didn't get back to u yet?? and it was a letter

had no interviews at all with them, but pfo arrived only last week. I am afraid to say it but mayb it is good news irishgirl23 if they didn't get back to u yet?? and it was a letter

Nah, I'm afraid that ship sailed long ago, they made offers last week! Has anybody who did interview with them get a PFO??

Who are you waiting on? I think Eversheds, mop, fry's and AC have gotten back to ppl, I've also heard that A&L have too

AC. Nothing from postman today so I guess my pfo will come tomorrow. Do you know when AC made their offers?

Have AC definitely gotten back to people.
    If so, that's me done

Have AC definitely gotten back to people.
    If so, that's me done

Me too.

I dunno for sure if they had, I wasn't interviewed by them, someone on this thread I think said that they'd been calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RizzleKick

Got a little nervous from that post above so rang AC to check out the situation I just asked when the offers were expected to be out and she said tomorrow so we can hang in for another few hours!!:eek:

• Advertisement

RizzleKick wrote: »
    Got a little nervous from that post above so rang AC to check out the situation I just asked when the offers were expected to be out and she said tomorrow so we can hang in for another few hours!!:eek:

See, now, I have read this post, understood this post. And YET i still have the fear. I keep thinking, sure they 'might' ring today even though they have specifically told you they will be contacting people tomorrow. And now that i've thought this, they definitely won't ring today.

Mad. Absolute madness. :eek:

Advertisement