Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

They rang late so they could easily be calling tomorrow too. Any1 know how many they take on?

congrats frustrated tc, did you get a call from eversheds??

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

They should up the offer a little bit if they wana get the best to be fair

Maples have the right idea doing that, gets the top away from top 5

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lilfeely

Anyone hear good or bad news from Eversheds today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

Haven't heard anything yet. I am beginning to wonder if their promise to let us know by Friday was just if we were successful?

• Advertisement

pandas wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything yet. I am beginning to wonder if their promise to let us know by Friday was just if we were successful?

Possibly! I'd say they will send out PFOs by email tomorrow, will just have to wait and see.

DE are out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 lawkid

pandas wrote: »

In my honest opinion I think they called successful candidates yesterday and sent out offers/rejections in the post today to get there by tomorrow. I didn't get an offer so I hope this isn't the case but....!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

DE are out

thanks for the update, phonecall, email or letter ? If phonecall approx time. v grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

DE are out

Congrats frustratedTC, that is two successes you have chalked up now: Eversheds and Dillon Eustace. You have to change your boards name from frustrated TC to something more apt:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Nightowl84

I received my first ever PFO from Eversheds yesterday :(

no pfo from DE, email!

Hey guys. I was lucky enough to get an offer from Eversheds today.

Well done Livin:D

Don't get too hung up on salary (all of the salaries quoted on here are excellent) at this stage though. I would go for the firm (if I ever get an interview from one;)) that I feel I would be happiest at, that would give me the best all round training, and that would keep me on after I qualify. As you know, there are a lot of unemployed solicitors out there at the moment unfortunately.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy Blackhall:D

no pfo from DE, email!

sorry frustratedTC re DE, but you did get an offer from Eversheds right? They look to be an interesting firm, and very quick to get back to candidates.

Nightowl84 wrote: »

Did you receive it by email, phone or post?

LivinLaVida, get back on here and tell us who rang you :P Why would you say we've no chance if someone else comes on here and says it? It's a killer though, why rave so much about me..it all seems insincere now :( Thanks, I've my fingers crossed for you too, hope we get it :)

Hopefully you will get good news irishgirl. A lot of interviewers haven't a clue how to interview to be honest. I certainly wouldn't believe anything I'm told at an interview. The waiting is a killer though!

badluck Nightowl84. Make sure you ask for feedback, which will come in handy if you want to apply to their summer intern programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭irishgirl23

colonel1 wrote: »
    Hopefully you will get good news irishgirl. A lot of interviewers haven't a clue how to interview to be honest. I certainly wouldn't believe anything I'm told at an interview. The waiting is a killer though!

Thanks, colonel :) I've lost all hope at this stage, to be honest! Way too late in the day. Although, it's interesting that somebody got a PFO yesterday....what form did it come in?

Thanks, colonel :) I've lost all hope at this stage, to be honest! Way too late in the day. Although, it's interesting that somebody got a PFO yesterday....what form did it come in?

I know how you feel,though I didn't apply to Eversheds! Take heart from the fact that you got an interview + it isn't Friday yet. So perhaps you will hear tomorrow. If you don't get the call, ask for feedback. It will come in handy.

I haven't got any interviews yet, but as I have no legal experience, that may not be too surprising;) The colonel is bloodied but unbowed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 lawkid

colonel1 wrote: »
    I know how you feel,though I didn't apply to Eversheds! Take heart from the fact that you got an interview + it isn't Friday yet. So perhaps you will hear tomorrow. If you don't get the call, ask for feedback. It will come in handy.

I haven't got any interviews yet, but as I have no legal experience, that may not be too surprising;) The colonel is bloodied but unbowed:D

LOVE ur attitude Colonel1! I saw this it might be of interest to you :)http://www.lawsociety.ie/Pages/Legal_Vacancies/1201-Work-Experience/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

Has anyone heard anything positive frm DE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

Hi Nightowl,

Just wondering did u get this by post?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 uhoh1

re william fry if anyone hears about the results of the second round and gets an offer could they post..or if they already have heard?waiting to hear from them even though have another offer thankfully, so dont want to delay too long in accepting?appreciate it

lawkid wrote: »
    LOVE ur attitude Colonel1! I saw this it might be of interest to you :)http://www.lawsociety.ie/Pages/Legal_Vacancies/1201-Work-Experience/

Thanks lawkid:D you got the colonel on a good day. Thanks for posting the link, will have to be quick as the closing day is tomorrow:)

Frustrated TC has to change his nickname now - frustration is over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LivinLaVida

I know that Frys were having a partners meeting today and I presume that their offers will be out 2moro or latest saturday. I think that it is quite bad that when you interview for a place like frustrated tc in DE that they don't even bother sending a PFO and reply by email. It is a bit cheap. Any news from the other companies? It will all be over soon at least

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

Had my interview with AC - very friendly interview but impossible to gauge! It's terribly deceptive when they're almost tooooo nice.

I never asked but does anyone know when AC will be getting back to people? Do they have another round or is this it?

wez99950 wrote: »
    Had my interview with AC - very friendly interview but impossible to gauge! It's terribly deceptive when they're almost tooooo nice.

I never asked but does anyone know when AC will be getting back to people? Do they have another round or is this it?

I believe this is it. they probably will get back to ppl nxt week if not 2moro. thought they were finished on wedn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LivinLaVida

From what I know it is the last round. Yeah they were so nice, so you don't know how well you did at all. I think they said they would have offers b4 xmas. Last day of their interviews is 2moro

• Advertisement

i was told on friday they'll get back to everyone in 2 weeks. but from last year i know that they made offers practically immediately after the interviews.

Advertisement