Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

anyone had their interview with McCanns? What did you think of it? any hard questions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yoshimi1983

Did people get their PFO from arthur cox today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dylankay

~Candy~ wrote: »
    anyone had their interview with McCanns? What did you think of it? any hard questions? :)

I had McCanns yesterday, it was very relaxed and conversational. No real emphasis on commercial awareness, just one or two questions about the eurozone, other than that all cv based!
    I really enjoyed it, I found the partners to be really friendly and relaxed and that relaxed me.
    Best of luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭irishgirl23

A glimmer of hope for me!! Had a call from Eversheds to say that I'm on a waiting list for a place and if people drop out I'll get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

It sure is good news.mayb livinglavida or frustrated tc wilk get another offer and will go for it. Dont think ac do waiting lists.wht is d deadline 4 acceptance i wonder

• Advertisement

irkalein wrote: »
    It sure is good news.mayb livinglavida or frustrated tc wilk get another offer and will go for it. Dont think ac do waiting lists.wht is d deadline 4 acceptance i wonder

Thank you :) What are the chances people will drop out, though. Slim I'm guessing. And there's no guarantee I'm first on waiting list either. AC do have waiting lists, a friend of mine was on it a few years ago, 2nd on the list, he didn't get the traineeship though, obviously the requisite two people didn't drop out! I'd say Eversheds would prob have a higher drop out rate than the top 5, though..

Thank you :) What are the chances people will drop out, though. Slim I'm guessing. And there's no guarantee I'm first on waiting list either. AC do have waiting lists, a friend of mine was on it a few years ago, 2nd on the list, he didn't get the traineeship though, obviously the requisite two people didn't drop out! I'd say Eversheds would prob have a higher drop out rate than+the+top+5,+though..
    Did+they+actually+phone+and+tell+him+that.fingers+crossed+for+eversheds+for+u

Did+they+actually+phone+and+tell+him+that.fingers+crossed+for+eversheds+for+u

Yep, she rang him and told him.

Anybody here offered a place in Eversheds and thinking of not taking it?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

dylankay wrote: »
    I had McCanns yesterday, it was very relaxed and conversational. No real emphasis on commercial awareness, just one or two questions about the eurozone, other than that all cv based!
    I really enjoyed it, I found the partners to be really friendly and relaxed and that relaxed me.
    Best of luck :D

Thank you! that's nice to know :) did you bring a copy of your CV? or did they ask you the questions based on your application form? ..lets hope they won't ask me how to save the euro or things like that:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Aisling23

Hi All!

Can anyone tell me what to expect from McCann, Maples or Byrne Wallace interviews?

I'm so nervous as I did a lot of interviews last year and didn't get very far so any advice would be appreciated! :)

Also, in terms of "logistics", do the interviews tend to run late? I've scheduled all three of mine pretty closely...

• Advertisement

Hey

Just posting this question again, did Arthur Cox send PFOs today?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

Hey

Nothing in my mailbox

Hey
    Not today.they dealt wit offers first.i am sure it will come in d nxt cpl days, not looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

A glimmer of hope for me!! Had a call from Eversheds to say that I'm on a waiting list for a place and if people drop out I'll get it :)

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!! i had no call so can only assume my PFO is on its way sometime this week!

Best of luck with it!! :) Here's hoping someone decides not to take Eversheds!! :)

Thanks. Was just wondering, left for work early this morning. God, had two final rounds with AC and Frys and did not nail either. Its not the end of the world, but is is truly a crap feeling to be so close and yet so far!

Well done to those who got it. :). This is great forum for support and tips.

pandas wrote: »
    LUCKY YOU!!!!!!! i had no call so can only assume my PFO is on its way sometime this week!

Best of luck with it!! :) Here's hoping someone decides not to take Eversheds!! :)

Thanks pandas :) To be honest, I'm not expecting anything to come of it. What are the chances that the requisite number of people drop out? And I'm sure every partner who interviewed has a reserve or two, so what are the chances my partner will get to choose his reserve? I'm not that lucky!

Day's not over yet, maybe you'll get a call?

If not, well done for getting this far and don't give up :)

Exactly so close and yet so far.it must not be the right for me :) hopefully god has another plan for me and smth else is around the corner.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Aisling23 wrote: »
    Hi All!

Can anyone tell me what to expect from McCann, Maples or Byrne Wallace interviews?

Well done on getting to the interview stage Aisling. I didn't get a single interview:( When is your Byrne Wallace interview? I assumed they rang you to go to interview?

Good luck with them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Aisling23

Better luck next year! It's so hard to know what they're looking for...

All three interviews tomorrow (extremely nervous right now). Yes Byrne Wallace called me.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Aisling23 wrote: »
    Better luck next year! It's so hard to know what they're looking for...

All three interviews tomorrow (extremely nervous right now). Yes Byrne Wallace called me.

Thanks Aisling, and good luck tomorrow. You clearly have what they want at any rate:D

It would seem that the big firms appear to be interviewing the same select few!

• Advertisement

Thanks pandas :) To be honest, I'm not expecting anything to come of it. What are the chances that the requisite number of people drop out? And I'm sure every partner who interviewed has a reserve or two, so what are the chances my partner will get to choose his reserve? I'm not that lucky!

After getting the call saying Im short listed and that they'll give me a call again in the next few weeks to update me on the situation but not to rule out an offer.. oh well at last I know where I stand now!! The parnter who interviewed me rang and was very nice..its a waiting game now!!

After getting the call saying Im short listed and that they'll give me a call again in the next few weeks to update me on the situation but not to rule out an offer.. oh well at last I know where I stand now!! The parnter who interviewed me rang and was very nice..its a waiting game now!!

Pandas, that's great news, congrats! Did your partner tell you how many were short listed? I wonder are many of us on the waiting list? I would have thought if we were going to hear we'll hear by next Tuesday, as people have to accept by Monday? Can't see people cancelling after that?

Pandas, that's great news, congrats! Did your partner tell you how many were short listed? I wonder are many of us on the waiting list? I would have thought if we were going to hear we'll hear by next Tuesday, as people have to accept by Monday? Can't see people cancelling after that?

Nope didnt get any numbers didnt get much info or much hope from it either but it still good to know where I stand!!

Nope didnt get any numbers didnt get much info or much hope from it either but it still good to know where I stand!!

You're not that hopeful? My partner said that a number of people don't accept every year as they get multiple offers..so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. On saying that, I just can't imagine me getting it, it seems far fetched!

You're not that hopeful? My partner said that a number of people don't accept every year as they get multiple offers..so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. On saying that, I just can't imagine me getting it, it seems far fetched!

ya i got the same speal but still..not holding out too much hope for it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

Does anyone know how many days DE are interviewing for second round? Still haven't heard anything from them, have rang twice and the hr girl is never at her desk! Presuming its a no but really annoyin they didn't send me a pfo like they sent to other candidates!! Clutching at straws here!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

Hi
    Has anyone received the terms of their offers yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mariobalotelli

McCanns offers are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 lawkid

McCanns offers are out.

Congrats!! That's me out then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

McCanns offers are out.

wow mucho congratulations, very fast. They said it could be a week or two to me, although maybe they're trying to account for people not accepting,

Actually do you mind me asking, phone or mail?

Advertisement