Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LivinLaVida

irkalein wrote: »
    i was told on friday they'll get back to everyone in 2 weeks. but from last year i know that they made offers practically immediately after the interviews.

That is good at least..would rather now than wait on longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 123jimmy

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has heard back from A&L? It's not looking good seeing as they said they would be phoning successful applicants today or yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SeanPaul69

a&l were ringing last night but expecting a pfo in the post icon9.gif. anybody get their offer from MOP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭advicewhore

Didn't hear from A&L either...expecting my PFO any day now, at least they said they would be quick about doing it so it is not dragged out! Did anyone get an offer from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CapallBan

anyone hear from Frys yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

Anyone hear from Eversheds? I have STILL heard NOTHING!!!!!!!! Going nuts! I will have to ring them Monday if I haven't heard! I can only assume its bad news but it would still be good to be able to draw a line underneath it and have some certainty.

Got my PFO from A&L! oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lilfeely

pandas wrote: »
    Anyone hear from Eversheds? I have STILL heard NOTHING!!!!!!!! Going nuts! I will have to ring them Monday if I haven't heard! I can only assume its bad news but it would still be good to be able to draw a line underneath it and have some certainty.

I've heard nothing either :mad:. Yes I would like some closure too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

do ya mind me asking how did you get it?? haven't heard anything yet, its my last hope, going slowly mad and have pretty much given up hope by now anyway :-(

Eversheds are having a drinks celebration for the people they offered places to on tuesday in Piano Bar.

• Advertisement

Any Frys news? Dillon Eustace were calling for second rounds today

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

Any Frys news? Dillon Eustace were calling for second rounds today

What time were DE calling? Still haven't heard a thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Legal2011

any one heard from AC? interviews finished yesterday.

do ya mind me asking how did you get it?? haven't heard anything yet, its my last hope, going slowly mad and have pretty much given up hope by now anyway :-(

It was a letter but I am living in London so they sent it by email as a pdf too so I got that today, I would say letters will arrive by post on Monday. I heard they were ringing people Wed night/Thurs morning to offer the places!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

I think that was the final round for AC. What did you think of the interview? Again mine was more of a chat, I was able to manipulate the conversation into areas that I wanted to go down. The two partners that I had were very nice aswell. Have Frys 2moro and apparently from all reports it is tough enough

Hey lvinglavida, if you do hear from AC, will you let us know pls. I think u mite b in with a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

Anyone got MOP offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 uhoh1

Dont be discouraged I applied three if not four times and got offered it this time...persevere!!it will be so worth it in the end...if i had a penny for all the tears these past few years i would be so rich so dont fret!!

uhoh1 wrote: »
    Dont be discouraged I applied three if not four times and got offered it this time...persevere!!it will be so worth it in the end...if i had a penny for all the tears these past few years i would be so rich so dont fret!!

are u serious. what is the secret?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dazman2251

Has anyone heard from DE today? If so what time were they calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

Do you mind me asking you what you did, if anything, that made you more employable this time round? I'm not gonna give up but it'd be great to hear what people did to improve their chances!

• Advertisement

dazman2251 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from DE today? If so what time were they calling?

Haven't heard from them either! Could anyone who got a call frm them let us know when the interviews are being held?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SeanPaul69

they wer ringin around on monday evenin for MOP but havnt heard anything since :/

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

Pretty poor to send the offers out on Monday and then leave the rest in limbo. Any1 find out how many each firm are taking on this year

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Atticus Lynch

William Fry Pfos are out to let ye know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 uhoh1

just work exp and be confident, lots of practice.lots of research and newspapers and more fe1s prob helped. Just be yourself and it will all come good in the end!

wez99950 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking you what you did, if anything, that made you more employable this time round? I'm not gonna give up but it'd be great to hear what people did to improve their chances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheDarkKnigh

Hi all, in depression central at the moment, have received pfo's from every firm I applied to (despite making final round with MOP and WF).

Was just wondering what is the situation regarding people rejecting offers? Im admittedly clutching at straws here but if 5-6people with offers from Fry's reject them in favour of say AC or MOP do Fry's go further down the list and contact people they have sent rejection emails to?

I was also wondering did people receive a PFO from eversheds for not even getting to interview stage? It was one of the only places that interviewed me last year so I cudnt see how I wudnt be called again but apparently they have already sent out their offers and I havent even been informed I didnt make the first interview.....

Oh and have BW definitely contacted everyone who will be interviewed as I havent received anything from them and would really have been expecting to get a call for first round interview

Hi all, in depression central at the moment, have received pfo's from every firm I applied to (despite making final round with MOP and WF).

Was just wondering what is the situation regarding people rejecting offers? Im admittedly clutching at straws here but if 5-6people with offers from Fry's reject them in favour of say AC or MOP do Fry's go further down the list and contact people they have sent rejection emails to?

I was also wondering did people receive a PFO from eversheds for not even getting to interview stage? It was one of the only places that interviewed me last year so I cudnt see how I wudnt be called again but apparently they have already sent out their offers and I havent even been informed I didnt make the first interview.....

Oh and have BW definitely contacted everyone who will be interviewed as I havent received anything from them and would really have been expecting to get a call for first round interview

didnt receive a pfo from eversheds for my application - bad form i think.

bw also dont send out pfos

birdie89 wrote: »
    didnt receive a pfo from eversheds for my application - bad form i think.

bw also dont send out pfos
    got pfo from Eversheds only a cple days ago (thanks to this thread i knew it wasn't an invite for an interview ;)), nothing from BW.
    I also don't think they get back to ppl with pfo's if offers were rejected, they'll fill thieir numbers next year.

just work exp and be confident, lots of practice.lots of research and newspapers and more fe1s prob helped. Just be yourself and it will all come good in the end!

I thought I did this with AC this year, but somehow I know it didn't make any difference....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

How do you know BW don't send out pfos if u don't mind me asking? Pretty bad form if they don't!

Advertisement