Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Mr Keek wrote: »
    Does anyone know if an app exists so that when I'm using an android tablet I can use my android phone as a blutooth keyboard and/or mouse/touch pad.

I would find this really handy when my tablet thts connected to the TV could be controlled from my phone

You could try see if GMote works for you.

Install the server part on the tablet and let the phone control the media files. Not sure if there server can be installed on android as I use it on my PC at home (win 7)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

madmoe wrote: »
    Which tablet you have??

I have a Transformer Tab and a Nexus S phone.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Anyone know a alternative for Samsung Swype?

I have Xperia Play and can't find anything that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

jayteecork wrote: »
    Anyone know a alternative for Samsung Swype?

I have Xperia Play and can't find anything that works.
    Em, how about Swype?;) Should be the same thing, but doesn't come preinstalled on the phone.
    It should work with the Xperia Play but I am only guessing. Bit of a debacle getting it running, at least in my history with it but worth it.
    http://www.swype.com/
    You'l need to register with them and then download the installer apk which will download and install i think for you.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Em, how about Swype?;) Should be the same thing, but doesn't come preinstalled on the phone.
    It should work with the Xperia Play but I am only guessing. Bit of a debacle getting it running, at least in my history with it but worth it.
    You'l need to register with them and then download the installer apk which will download and install i think for you.

Thanks, that worked for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

jayteecork wrote: »
    Thanks, that worked for me :)

An alternative to Swype is SlideIt

It's not quite as good IMO though but an alternative none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Was a Swype user and liked it, then discovered SwiftKey X and never went back....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads looking to send messages to friends in OZ and NZ for free.

Any good apps work that doesn't require the receiver to have downloaded software ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Any good apps work that doesn't require the receiver to have downloaded software ?

It depends on what network you are on but I use Cabbage. It allows me to send my webtexts directly from the phone as Vodafone give a monthy allocation of 600 free international texts.

jgbyr wrote: »
    It depends on what network you are on but I use Cabbage. It allows me to send my webtexts directly from the phone as Vodafone give a monthy allocation of 600 free international texts.

I get the free messages alright but only for irish numbers. Im with Meteor :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Check back through the last 3 or 4 pages. Someone did post an app that allowed free international texts. The only down side was the text has a lot of sales stuff in a signature, Sure your mates could just ignore it.

Check back through the last 3 or 4 pages. Someone did post an app that allowed free international texts. The only down side was the text has a lot of sales stuff in a signature, Sure your mates could just ignore it.

Cheers, found it, also found a different app that should do the same called Heywire, will report back on how it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Try Kakao Talk, you can call and text. Started using it last week and seems to work just fine.

Try Kakao Talk, you can call and text. Started using it last week and seems to work just fine.

Ye, Kakao talk works grand but its a messenger service and requires the receiver to have the app downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Didn't see this mentioned yet, nice app.

VLC Stream and Convert Pro
    • Browse and play all home media on phone/tablet
    • Converts and streams any media from pc
    • It uses VLC's http interface
    • Takes a few mins to set up but well worth it
    • Handles mkv's very well

Developers website and setup guides

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

bandit197 wrote: »
    Didn't see this mentioned yet, nice app.

VLC Stream and Convert Pro
    • Browse and play all home media on phone/tablet
    • Converts and streams any media from pc
    • It uses VLC's http interface
    • Takes a few mins to set up but well worth it
    • Handles mkv's very well

Developers website and setup guides

Nice app but a native VLC client for Android would be even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is there anything any better than Droidstats for monitoring usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As in mobile data? 3G watchdog is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

keano_afc wrote: »
    As in mobile data? 3G watchdog is great.

Not really as I have ayce data with Three. I have Droidstat set up as I like it, but its giving me the wrong balances and also a warning message that I'm near my limit, when I'm only a week into my current pay cycle:( . I'm just wondering if there's a similar but better app out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

As far as I'm aware there are ways of getting the Android Market onto the Archos devices.

If you can't do that you could try installing a standard media player.

My preferred one is MoboPlayer
    http://www.apktops.com/moboplayer-1-2-166.html

or RockPlayer
    http://www.apkmarket.de/rockplayer/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Sky sports have finally released their scorecentre app to the android market after being only available to ios for so long. It can be found at the marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

thomasj wrote: »
    Sky sports have finally released their scorecentre app to the android market after being over available to ios for so long. It can be found at the marketplace.

I downloaded it as it was in the top free apps on the market but I thought it had been out for quite some time! Can't believe it took them this long to release it on android...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Mars Bar wrote: »
    thomasj wrote: »
    Sky sports have finally released their scorecentre app to the android market after being over available to ios for so long. It can be found at the marketplace.

I downloaded it as it was in the top free apps on the market but I thought it had been out for quite some time! Can't believe it took them this long to release it on android...
    Does it give assists aswell as the goal scorer, can be handy for fantasy football

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Does it give assists aswell as the goal scorer, can be handy for fantasy football

I'm not too sure yet but I think Fantasy Football Buddy might be useful for ya.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Wondering can anyone help, trying to find the name of an app I had installed ages ago (since removed). I think it was just a black screen where you could draw shapes and patterns and it would play different sounds. Sound familiar to anyone? Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Wondering can anyone help, trying to find the name of an app I had installed ages ago (since removed). I think it was just a black screen where you could draw shapes and patterns and it would play different sounds. Sound familiar to anyone? Thanks folks.

Is this it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Is this it?

Just tried that out, not the one but kind of similar. Decided to search 'draw sound' and found the one I was looking for: Ethereal Dialpad. Thanks a mil dude you set me on the right path. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My Data Manager is great for breaking down what apps are using the most data.

Don't know what other apps can be used for monitoring call and text services though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

I got a load of apps already installed in the S2. Here they are:

Social Hub
    Music Hub
    Readers Hub
    Game Hub
    Kies Air
    Polaris Office
    Adverts.ie
    Boards Deals
    Daft.ie
    Gael Fon Free
    RTE DocOnOne
    RTE Pocket Player
    RTE News Now
    Samsung Hub
    The Journal
    Zapa Tag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

I got a load of apps already installed in the S2. Here they are:

Social Hub
    Music Hub
    Readers Hub
    Game Hub
    Kies Air
    Polaris Office
    Adverts.ie
    Boards Deals
    Daft.ie
    Gael Fon Free
    RTE DocOnOne
    RTE Pocket Player
    RTE News Now
    Samsung Hub
    The Journal
    Zapa Tag

Are any of them any good? Also, I have installed these ones too:

Facebook
    Endomondo
    Twitter
    GAA Scoreboard
    Handcent SMS
    Darts 3D
    Sky Sports
    Angry Birds
    Cabbage
    Sky Sports Football Score Centre
    Viber
    Flashlight
    Pool Master Pro
    Go Keyboard
    GAA
    Copter
    MoodScanner

Any other good ones that I should download.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement