Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

baraca wrote: »
    Hi lads found a great app for watching tv on your phone. FilmOn tv.

Has a few english channels, ITV CH4 E4 BBC etc... Also loads of other channels a few sports ones and a few movie ones. The quality is amazing as well. Very happy with it

http://www.androidfreeware.net/download-filmon-tv.html

Says HTC Desire is not compatible:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Funny that i'm using the sensation an it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

Point your browser to www.filmon.com and you should be able to use it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Got CineTrailer today, find it excellent for trailers. Looks really nice and love the Red/Green band feature for uncensored/censored trailers.

Contract Killer: Zombies is obviously a zombie game but is very good (brilliant on iPad - for another thread :))

Digital Imported Radio and Internet Trance Music Radio is brill for trance/chillout/house/dance/mixes/ambient/garage/techno/etc/etc/etc radio if you're into it.

TubeMate is great for youtube also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just after finding this out. Went to watch one of links that Setanta Sports posted on Facebook and it linked to this video player.
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1106227625001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAT9mJ48k~,41xT2EdnP5NJ-Vm-oUxp-3xjjXcH0_QX&bclid=524162323001&bctid=1261544819001

Decided to send the link to my phone and it works perfectly for me. I can now see the highlight of the goals from the weekend on my phone using that link. Not sure if it will update during the games at the weekend but it might be worth bookmarking to see if it works for you too when they resume matches after the international break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Sweet kearneybobs, works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

AntiRip wrote: »

Contract Killer: Zombies is obviously a zombie game but is very good (brilliant on iPad - for another thread :))

Ah nuts, i looked into this one and decided i wanted to give it a blast. But the market is telling me its not available for the HTC desire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I've a Desire and its grand!
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gzero.filmon

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Ah nuts, i looked into this one and decided i wanted to give it a blast. But the market is telling me its not available for the HTC desire :(

Never mind - i found the APK and it runs just perfect on the desire - great little game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Just after finding this out. Went to watch one of links that Setanta Sports posted on Facebook and it linked to this video player.
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1106227625001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAT9mJ48k~,41xT2EdnP5NJ-Vm-oUxp-3xjjXcH0_QX&bclid=524162323001&bctid=1261544819001

Decided to send the link to my phone and it works perfectly for me. I can now see the highlight of the goals from the weekend on my phone using that link. Not sure if it will update during the games at the weekend but it might be worth bookmarking to see if it works for you too when they resume matches after the international break.

This worked on my PC browser but couldn't get it to run on my Galaxy S, Haven't tried the tablet yet but I will be tonight.
    Great heads up either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Never mind - i found the APK and it runs just perfect on the desire - great little game :)
    Can you explain this ta, was hoping to download it meself. Thanks

Ste- wrote: »
    This worked on my PC browser but couldn't get it to run on my Galaxy S, Haven't tried the tablet yet but I will be tonight.
    Great heads up either way.
    Do you have plugins active by default? You might need to activate that if you need to. I have it set to 'on demand' which allows me to say which flash plugins are allowed be active.
    You might need to install flash player on your device too if it's not already installed (if possible)
    Also, it remains to be seen whether that link will actually update with the latest goals next week or so. Suppose we'll see.

Have both done. Seems strange to me why I couldn't get it to work on my device will try more later on while on wifi.

Have both done. Seems strange to me why I couldn't get it to work on my device will try more later on while on wifi.
    Try a different browser. Dolphin perhaps or use the stock one if you're not using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Try a different browser. Dolphin perhaps or use the stock one if you're not using it.

Works on Dolphin on my S2, great find thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Does the Sky News app only update over wifi? I've tried to update it over 3G and it says I'm offline every time I try to update it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Does the Sky News app only update over wifi? I've tried to update it over 3G and it says I'm offline every time I try to update it:mad:

would it be geo locked perhaps?

Finally got it to work hope it updates over the weekend.
    Good find thanks.

seems saves/goals/team of the week have been added to teh player, maybe it will update over the weekend, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Finally got it to work hope it updates over the weekend.
    Good find thanks.

seems saves/goals/team of the week have been added to teh player, maybe it will update over the weekend, happy days.

it only comes up in the top corner for me . :(

jonski wrote: »
    it only comes up in the top corner for me . :(

Yeah I just zoom in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Is there any Eircom phonebook app out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ironhand

Is there an Android version of Guided Ways' 2do app for the iOS? Or maybe anything that comes close?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭konline

The_B_Man wrote: »

I cannot find this on the market in my SGS. Does anyone know if there a APK file available to download? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Here's an article over on DPReview highlighting some Android apps (also includes iOS) that might be useful to photographers. I haven't had a full read through it yet, but serious photographers might find something of use.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Anyone know a free alternative to apndroid

He's started charging for it now.

jayteecork wrote: »

Widgetsoid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

What does ANPdroid do guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭G1032

Elixir
    madmoe wrote: »
    What does ANPdroid do guys?

It's a widget to turn your mobile data on or off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cool. I use Dazzle Configurable switcher, anyone else use it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Download ghost radar, Thing freaked the shit out of me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement