Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Phone, an Orange San Francisco. She loves it, she had been using the beta up till then, which ran out, meaning it no longer predicts words and made it pretty useless, so they kinda forced her into buying it. It's a steal at 10c

10 cents?? Where is it going for that price??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

madmoe wrote: »

Swiftkey or the phone? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Android are doing a promo of premium apps for 10c as a result of reaching 10 billion apps downloaded. Its a new set of apps each day, swiftkeyx was on offer on Tuesday (i think)

dulpit wrote: »
    Android are doing a promo of premium apps for 10c as a result of reaching 10 billion apps downloaded. Its a new set of apps each day, swiftkeyx was on offer on Tuesday (i think)

Coola boola!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

another in praise of swiftkey x
    got it for 10p and its seriously impressive.
    a must have app as the title suggests

• Advertisement

Dizzy: Prince of the Yolkfolk released today :D
    http://www.dizzygame.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Dizzy: Prince of the Yolkfolk released today :D
    http://www.dizzygame.com/

incompatible with my Desire S :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

nedd wrote: »
    Says it's compatible with my Desire! :confused:

Apparently its not compatible with the Sensation either :/
    They must have flagged something wrong

GS2 running awesome though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

For anyone using swiftkey x.

I just used it for the first time and seems really great and quicker for texting and emailing etc...

but I am a little concerned that when used with emails, SMS and the browser etc... that data might be collected such as passwords and usernames and credit card/banking information.

Am I completely off the wall or do you think there are security issues there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Uriel. wrote: »
    For anyone using swiftkey x.

I just used it for the first time and seems really great and quicker for texting and emailing etc...

but I am a little concerned that when used with emails, SMS and the browser etc... that data might be collected such as passwords and usernames and credit card/banking information.

Am I completely off the wall or do you think there are security issues there

Taken from the App's terms and conditions
    "We take your privacy very seriously. This app does not learn from password fields and all language data learned on your device is stored on your SD card and never transferred".

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Taken from the App's terms and conditions
    "We take your privacy very seriously. This app does not learn from password fields and all language data learned on your device is stored on your SD card and never transferred".

Thanks. Should look more closely at T&C...

Does anyone know of a good app / widget that allows the configuration of the button on wired headphones.

It annoys me when playing music on my Nexus that I can only pause / play a song.

Would love to be able to skip to next (previous) song, change volume settings etc....

Does anyone know of a good app / widget that allows the configuration of the button on wired headphones.

It annoys me when playing music on my Nexus that I can only pause / play a song.

Would love to be able to skip to next (previous) song, change volume settings etc....

Which music player you using? Which headphones you using? I use Google Music app on the Galaxy Nexus with stock Apple headphones and skip forward always worked but volume up and down never did :-( Thinking about getting Beats inear for Xmas but will probanly be the same....

Does anyone know of a way to get the BBC iplayer working in Ireland?

Does anyone know of a way to get the BBC iplayer application working in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a way to get the BBC iplayer application working in Ireland?

2 months free

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056066624

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

A must-have: OsmAnd

It's on-line and off-line navigation, the best I've ever seen. Based on OSM maps, with tons of options.

There are free and donate versions available.

http://osmand.net/

"Donate" version is called OsmAnd+ - it's well worth to pay 3 euro, but I'd suggest to test the free one first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

PrzemoF wrote: »
    A must-have: OsmAnd

It's on-line and off-line navigation, the best I've ever seen. Based on OSM maps, with tons of options.

There are free and donate versions available.

http://osmand.net/

"Donate" version is called OsmAnd+ - it's well worth to pay 3 euro, but I'd suggest to test the free one first.

Better than Google Maps? And is it useful/up to date in Ireland?

IMHO better, but the quality of the map depends on the area - you can check it on openstreetmap.org as it is the same map. You can also fix the map if you found an error which is not an option on google maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

nedd wrote: »

...and my Galaxy S2. Yet OK on both the Touchpad and Desire I no longer own. WTF?

Funny enough I have Galaxy S2... (cyanogenmod7.1 stable + siyah-2.4 kernel)
    What's wrong? Doesn't start?

God damn Game Dev Story >_>

Which music player you using? Which headphones you using? I use Google Music app on the Galaxy Nexus with stock Apple headphones and skip forward always worked but volume up and down never did :-( Thinking about getting Beats inear for Xmas but will probanly be the same....

Sorry for the delay in coming bak to you.

I am using Google Music also. Actually using the samsung earphones that came with phone, I much prefer them to the Iphone's ones, but with the ability to skip forwards I may go back to the apple ones.. hmmmmm

wish there was someway round it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thinking about getting Beats inear for Xmas but will probanly be the same....

As in the beats by dr.dre yokes? They're some of the worst head/ear phones on the market at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

draffodx wrote: »
    As in the beats by dr.dre yokes? They're some of the worst head/ear phones on the market at the minute.

I got a pair of iBeats free with my HTC Sensation XE and I think that they are absolutely brilliant. Mind you, you would see me spending a couple of hundred euros on the like of Beats Studio headphones. They are extremely over priced but that makes them somewhat exclusive I suppose and some people are obviously attracted to that.

For the record, I borrowed my sisters Samsung earphones (from her Galaxy S) and they were utter garbage. I could hardly hear anything with them. Worst earphones ever!

Sorry for the delay in coming bak to you.

I am using Google Music also. Actually using the samsung earphones that came with phone, I much prefer them to the Iphone's ones, but with the ability to skip forwards I may go back to the apple ones.. hmmmmm

wish there was someway round it

Can't believe the Samsung ones don't have skip forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Does anyone know if an app exists so that when I'm using an android tablet I can use my android phone as a blutooth keyboard and/or mouse/touch pad.

I would find this really handy when my tablet thts connected to the TV could be controlled from my phone

Mr Keek wrote: »
    Does anyone know if an app exists so that when I'm using an android tablet I can use my android phone as a blutooth keyboard and/or mouse/touch pad.

I would find this really handy when my tablet thts connected to the TV could be controlled from my phone

Which tablet you have??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Great. SwiftKey X is back at .10c although it's not listed as one of today's deals. Thought that I'd missed out on it a few days ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement