Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

help needed....i am looking for a source where i can watch this from two weeks ago...i have seen all of the first series and the latest episode (series 2 episode 2) but missed series 2 episode 1...only the latest episode is on rte player...can anyone help ??....please :)....help a brother out someone..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

coolegrain wrote: »
    help needed....i am looking for a source where i can watch this from two weeks ago...i have seen all of the first series and the latest episode (series 2 episode 2) but missed series 2 episode 1...only the latest episode is on rte player...can anyone help ??....please :)....help a brother out someone..

Mee toooooooo!!

Stupid RTE player should leave them up for longer than a week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

LizardKing wrote: »
    Mee toooooooo!!

Stupid RTE player should leave them up for longer than a week...

If you know how to get the episode of a UPC DVR I will give it a go at uploading it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Have to say I found that scene were Nige turned and said he didn't care about anyone very unnerving it was very well done. Not just for RTE bit in general.

For all it's faults I'd go out and say that this is my fav RTE drama. Even John Boy who was poor in season one is much better playing a paranoid coke head that he is now.

Im looking forward to it every week as much as any American show that I'm watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just watched the first 2 parts there now. Its miles ahead of the first series. The character of JohnBoy is somewhat unbelievable at times but overall the series is A1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭CR 7

ziedth wrote: »
    Have to say I found that scene were Nige turned and said he didn't care about anyone very unnerving it was very well done. Not just for RTE bit in general.

For all it's faults I'd go out and say that this is my fav RTE drama. Even JohnJoe who was poor in season one is much better playing a paranoid coke head that he is now.

Im looking forward to it every week as much as any American show that I'm watching.

That's pretty much exactly how I'd describe it too. It's the only show that I make an effort to watch live at the moment, since I don't have e4 for misfits.

The only thing that annoyed me was when darren shot that well mannered chap, the gun was empty with the last shot before he walked over, then he shot him again once to finish him off, and the gun was empty again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 crazy g

wen will the new season b out on dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

The only thing that annoyed me was when darren shot that well mannered chap, the gun was empty with the last shot before he walked over, then he shot him again once to finish him off, and the gun was empty again.

Stumpy wasn't well mannered, he was a prick. He nearly killed Rosie and beat the baby out of her out of jealousy. She had to move to England to get away from him.

He was good to his Ma, but she probably didn't know the half of it.

Was it confirmed who the rat actually is? I'll have to watch it again, the first time is never enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Stumpy wasn't well mannered, he was a prick. He nearly killed Rosie and beat the baby out of her out of jealousy. She had to move to England to get away from him.

He was good to his Ma, but she probably didn't know the half of it.

Was it confirmed who the rat actually is? I'll have to watch it again, the first time is never enough!

There was no rat. The gardai were called when the fellas in the hotel room were out of it and started stumbling around vomiting in the hallways, that was confirmed when John Boy was talking to the bent copper although he said he was unaware of a rat so there could be one. Was kind of based on the origins of the Crumlin/Drimnagh feud where the fellas were busted in the Holiday Inn and the ones that were not prosecuted came under suspicion of being informers. Might play out along similar lines for this

Lads where is Elmo this year? Has he been in it yet? Remember he had to wear a colostomy bag the end of the last series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

There was no rat. The gardai were called when the fellas in the hotel room were out of it and started stumbling around vomiting in the hallways, that was confirmed when John Boy was talking to the bent copper although he said he was unaware of a rat so there could be one. Was kind of based on the origins of the Crumlin/Drimnagh feud where the fellas were busted in the Holiday Inn and the ones that were not prosecuted came under suspicion of being informers. Might play out along similar lines for this

Ah, touché.

JohnBoy's paranoia has really been kicked up a notch this series, Aiden Gillen is doing a fantastic job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Ah, touché.

JohnBoy's paranoia has really been kicked up a notch this series, Aiden Gillen is doing a fantastic job.

I didn't like him at all in the first series but he was great in the last episode. Overall I think is a really good production

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

The show has taken a quantum leap forward in quality from the first series.More logical plots,more realistic,better acting(when John Boy slaps stumpy around it feels totally real-last season it wouldn,t have) faster pacing and better dialogue.

Nidge showing his true sociopathic colors was chilling and I think the whole stupidity and seediness of that world along with the occasional flash of criminal competence was captured well.But the true standout moment was the scene where they showed the csi team working on stumpy transposed with the old irish ballad.Last season they never would have had the confidence or vision to try something more unusual like that.They would have just played it generic and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi all,
    does anyone know if the rte drama love/hate, which is on its secomd series, is to be more than a 6 part series this time? It started last year but was only a 6 episode series. Just wondering as obviously they brought it back for a 2nd series as it was well received so was thinking maybe this time round they will put a few more episodes into the series.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

The first season had 4 episodes. I believe season two has 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

jonsnow wrote: »
    The show has taken a quantum leap forward in quality from the first series.More logical plots,more realistic,better acting(when John Boy slaps stumpy around it feels totally real-last season it wouldn,t have) faster pacing and better dialogue.

Nidge showing his true sociopathic colors was chilling and I think the whole stupidity and seediness of that world along with the occasional flash of criminal competence was captured well.But the true standout moment was the scene where they showed the csi team working on stumpy transposed with the old irish ballad.Last season they never would have had the confidence or vision to try something more unusual like that.They would have just played it generic and safe.

+ 1

plus less humour and less of sheehan's character great series 2 so far for me

Great stuff so far no doubt. i have to be honest i liked the first series. Perhaps it didnt meet its full potential but it was decent enough. 2nd series is a whole new ball game and its an absolute blinder so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Sorry, my mistake. Well question answered then, its a six-parter! Thanks. Hopefully this one will be as good as the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Sorry, my mistake. Well question answered then, its a six-parter! Thanks. Hopefully this one will be as good as the last.

There is a thread on it a little further down the page.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Is there anywhere to watch the first season on line ?

I have only gotten into it this season and it looks great , Would it be available in Xtra Vision for rent ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

I've seen the episode where darren wakes up in a sweat, is that the first episode of this series?

I also saw a repeat of last weeks, the one where they reposess johnboys stuff.
    thought it was great.

is it the third episode on tonight so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Could have done without that shower scene tbh.

The camera was a bit too close to yer man's arse for my liking Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Now were suckin diesel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Lapin wrote: »
    Could have done without that shower scene tbh.

The camera was a bit too close to yer man's arse for my liking Joe.

Would have been nicer had it been Darren's shower scene;)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Ainekav wrote: »
    I've seen the episode where darren wakes up in a sweat, is that the first episode of this series?

is it the third episode on tonight so?

Yes to both questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I forgot this was on and just started watching Part 2 (of tonight)... can anybody give me a two line synopsis of what happened earlier in this episode?

John boy shot.

Sh1t about to hit fan big time!

Have RTE just showed us how to make a pipe bomb?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Thanks Michael..

Any truth to the rumour that John Boy crosses paths with the Bishops from Fair City in the next episode?

faircity.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement