Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Looks like I can only edit my posts a certain ammount of times. Could a mod please update the list in the secret santa thread please. Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056450487

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Pyongyang wrote: »
    We share the same birthday! Chest bumps and high fives all round!

its not my birthday, its the first day the shops open and I can go spend the now traditional HMV voucher my Mammy gets me every year!

although still, chest bumps and high fives for your birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

xG3D5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Top comment on a Zelda Soundtrack

Me: Hay can we have sex

Girlfriend: No!

Me: Can we play Legend of Zelda?

Girlfriend: ...... Maybe both.... at the same time...... *smiles*

Police officer: So you're saying he just exploded?

:D

You could roleplay as Robin Williams and Zelda!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Me: Hay can we have sex
    Girlfriend: No!
    7hxc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Television advertisement just ain't what it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Television advertisement just ain't what it used to be.

Very true.

That Ballbuster one would be better as a radio commercial, just rip the audio and it's good to go.

I think Ball Buster was actually banned. Not because of the obvious double entendre but because the balls were flying off of the springs and injuring people.

Lawsuits aplenty in the USA. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I think Ball Buster was actually banned. Not because of the obvious double entendre but because the balls were flying off of the springs and injuring people.

Lawsuits aplenty in the USA. :rolleyes:

Speaking of double entendre, the Mr. Bucket thing was pretty funny. Board James (AVGN) did a great vid on it :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also long they ignore everything wrong with MGS 4 (basically most of the game) and go back to MGS3 it will be good. However the some people (read: idiots) seem to think it's a masterpiece which means we'll probably see even more BS, although I heard Peace Walker was great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

On another note, I'm very impressed with the quality of the skyward sword wiimote. There's just a quality feel from it, none of the tackiness of the plain jane wiimotes.

I actually enjoyed MGS4.

I'm not a huge fan of stealth games though, so it suited me better than the other MGS games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

PW was fantastic.

I think it was because the portability forced him to cop the **** on and focus on gameplay. Still, some annoyingly lengthy cutscenes in the mix considering.

In MGS4 it was too easy to run and gun it made stealth kind of pointless. I still stuck with stealth though and it just felt like a massive step backwards from MGS3 in that regard other than the octo camo (didn't have too much problems with the system in MGS3 despite the clunkiness but the octocamo was welcome). There was just a huge lack of gadgets to use on interesting ways and multiple routes through levels which I loved about the rest of the series. And there was so little of that as well.

I'm a big fan of boss battles and they were all just pathetic in MGS4. There used to be interesting ways to kill the bosses in the MGS games but 4 involved taking your biggest gun and unloading it into the boss. Rinse and repeat. Also anyone that thought the final boss fight wa amazing must have had a lobotomy.

And then there were the cutscenes, never have I been so bored by a game in all my life. Each was filled with 'we call it the 'insert obvious symbolic word' project. Do you see the symbolism? Ho about I explain it for you? How about I go into inane detail about it? How about... oh I've been here over 40 minutes, best go on to play the next 5 minutes of gameplay and then I'll be back.

I'd say there is literally 3 hours worth of game in there outside the cutscenes and a lot of that isn't even very good. I've never been so disappointed in a game before and in the taste of the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I still haven't played MGS 3&4. Still upset over the disappointment of 2!

You really should play MGS 3. It takes about 2-3 hours to get into though but it's about 25 hours of gaming bliss and not that many cutscenes. You are bombarded at the start and then it just lets you play the game. There's a lot of cutscenes towards the end though but they are wel paced and fantastic so it doesn't get bogged down.

On another note, they had Rayman Origins playing on the TV in balbriggan Gamespot today. I've not seen a more beautiful looking game ever. I'll definitely be picking it up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Speaking of boss battles, Mr Freeze in Arkham City is great. And not in the Scarecrow way! For a fight set in a confined space, it really makes you think outside the box.

• Advertisement

Well that's the last time I pre-order anything at HMV.

They didn't bother getting Skyward Sword special edition in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »

Good ol' mainstream bricks n mortar game shops. Ya gotta love 'em

HMV have had empty special edition boxes on display for ages! How very odd.

Even if you had bought it it would have been opened already. Buy online. :)

DinoRex wrote: »

Get the mother-f**king Boat, you are joking right?
    I have my deposit pre-order slip here and they quoted the gold remote edition when i made the booking. Which HMV are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

So MarioLand3D is out,:D:( happy and sad, no monies to buy it this weekend but glad a new game is out for the poor 3DS.

Anyone who hasn't got Okamiden yet, get it now! only just started playing it but wow it looks amazing, the art style is brilliant.

Got my replacement shell for my DS today along with a few screw drivers etc, gonna give it a bash tomorrow heres hoping it all goes to plan:rolleyes:

pdbhp wrote: »
    Blah blah blah

You know everyone's blanking you because you ignored your game of the week opportunity, right? :P

You know everyone's blanking you because you ignored your game of the week opportunity, right? :P

Nooooo!! don't tell me I had game of the week:( thats what I get for dropping off the radar for a couple of days so I could get stuck into my new games.

pdbhp wrote: »
    Nooooo!! don't tell me I had game of the week:( thats what I get for dropping off the radar for a couple of days so I could get stuck into my new games.

Playing new games instead of posting about old games?

That's your problem right there.

• Advertisement

Playing new games instead of posting about old games?

That's your problem right there.

I'm really upset about this now:( and everybody probably went out to get new batteries for their Gameboys:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement