Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

DinoRex wrote: »
    Well that's the last time I pre-order anything at HMV.

They didn't bother getting Skyward Sword special edition in stock.

I went in to pick up mine and was told that they didn't get it in yet. Apparently a load of their stock did not arrive today. I'm not too bother as long as it does come in eventually, it's not like there's nothing else worth playing...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I just watched Cars 2.

It feels as if a part of me has died. I'm sorry, but I can't talk to Pixar for a while. It's like they designed a film to personally insult each and every one of their fans.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I just watched Cars 2.

It feels as if a part of me has died. I'm sorry, but I can't talk to Pixar for a while. It's like they designed a film to personally insult each and every one of their fans.

Hahaha my 2 yr old loves it. Finn McMissile is cool apparently! I thought it was a shame it centered on Mater since he's an annoying twat but I gather I don't delve into films as deeply as yourself. Although anything that keeps the kids quiet for more than an hour gets my vote. Polar Express is particular favourite here too. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah Larry the Cable Guy should never be let near humanity. Unfunny to the extreme. Mostly, I still don't get why the story had to be told with Cars. It's not like a spy movie and anthropomorphic cars are a suitable match.

I hope you're brainwashing your kids with Studio Ghibli films as well, by the way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I went in to pick up mine and was told that they didn't get it in yet. Apparently a load of their stock did not arrive today. I'm not too bother as long as it does come in eventually, it's not like there's nothing else worth playing...

Yep. That's the story they told me. They didn't seem overly confident that they'd have stock in tomorrow either.

Oh well... it's been back Skyrim for me... clocked up about 45 hours in the thing since last Friday. Ran into an annoying bug today where I couldn't hand in a quest... think I fixed the bug by punching the people who gave me a quest in the face until they attacked me, got tired of attacking me and then reset themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I finally polished off Half Life 2 Episode 2 tonight, pretty brilliant piece of story telling in videogame form.
    Dark Souls continues to rock, I'm aways behind everyone else but loving it, a rooftop gargoyle is breaking my heart right now though!
    Playing a bit of single player Left 4 Dead 2 as well, plays great solo.

Looking forward to playing the Mario land games on the ags-101 as well, I haven't played the original since my first, original model Gameboy, I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah violence. The solution to all problems. Tv on the blink=violence. Your princess done been taken=over 25 years of violence and now in 3D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Dark Souls continues to rock, I'm aways behind everyone else but loving it, a rooftop gargoyle is breaking my heart right now though!

You've not even scratched the surface!

He's a bit of a baptism of fire but the attacks are easy enough to dodge when you get the timing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fire, yeah, very funny!
    Backed myself into a corner by the tower on the roof and he/she/it cooked by ass!
    But it is all kinds of awesomesauce it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

I hope you're brainwashing your kids with Studio Ghibli films as well, by the way :P

Studio Ghibli films should be studied by every primary school child for at least 4 hours a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Does anybody here have/had the Sony psp phone(xperia play I think) Does the gamepad get much use in games or are most of them touch screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Does anybody here have/had the Sony psp phone(xperia play I think) Does the gamepad get much use in games or are most of them touch screen?

I got it just last night.
    I have currently only installed 1 emulator - SNESDroid. This emulator came with controls on the touch screen however there are options within the emulator to map the controls to the gamepad, which I did. It works great so far but I'm still getting to grips with it.
    Currently only have Mega Man X & Turtles in Time on it but I want to get a decent playstation emulator going soon.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fire, yeah, very funny!
    Backed myself into a corner by the tower on the roof and he/she/it cooked by ass!

Have you got the NPC you met on the other side of the dragon bridge on your side? If you're in human form you can summon him at the fog gate and it will help a hell of a lot with the fight that follows. He'll probably be murdered in the process, but hey, beggers can't be choosers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You have to try kill the first guy before his friend turns up. The fire guy is easier to kill but not when they are together. I found using an item that adds lightning damage to my attacks absolutely murders them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

And HMV just rang me up to let me know Zelda was in stock... well actually I think they were ringing me up to see if I still wanted it so they could sell the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I have some free time soon, so if anyone is looking for consoles modded etc now's the time to ask me :)

No Amiga's though (cap kits), they're just a time-hole

• Registered Users Posts: 34,446 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any chance you could take a look at my Saturn virtua stick? It's more or less unusable because of one dodgy button :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any chance you could take a look at my Saturn virtua stick? It's more or less unusable because of one dodgy button :(

Is this the button stuck on thing? Yeah no harm in taking a look sure :)

Master of the Universe

Yep! Thats the one. Thanks man :)

It may just be something small, I don't think the button itself is broken. Could even be something to do with the turbo function.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I hate microsoft

I hate windows

I hate page files

I hate Disk management

I hate Computers

I love Beer

Time to get pissed

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I hate microsoft

I hate windows

I hate page files

I hate Disk management

I hate Computers

I love Beer

Time to get pissed

Ctrl Alt Del

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Dr. Now, I may require your services. Can I reserve an appointment slot?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Dr. Now, I may require your services. Can I reserve an appointment slot?

Pm away & we can sort out any details :)

Excellent. Shall PM later. Just for home from climbing the Sugar Loaf and trekking all day. Heading for scoops so shall PM you a somewhat lengthy list mañana. :)

P.S do you have any magazines in your waiting room for your patients to flip through? :D

Pyongyang wrote: »
    P.S do you have any magazines in your waiting room for your patients to flip through? :D

Only dirty ones :rolleyes::D

No hassle sure send on what you want looked at & we'll go from there dude

EnterNow wrote: »
    I have some free time soon, so if anyone is looking for consoles modded etc now's the time to ask me :)

No Amiga's though (cap kits), they're just a time-hole

Ooh I have a MegaDrive that could do with an upgrade :)

Will PM you in the morn good sire!

Looks like Dr. Now will be fully booked soon with us all swamping him!

That's grand, have a look at my consoles and I'll flip through copies of Juggs and Razzle. :D

Master of the Universe

Ooh I have a MegaDrive that could do with an upgrade :)

Will PM you in the morn good sire!

Ask him to do a Megadrive overclock! They're his favourite :D

• Advertisement

I wonder if Dr. Now can make a fibreglass cast and turn a Super Famicom in to a giant King Fossil???!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement