Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sera wrote: »
    so is your jammy dodgers stock back to a critical level? :eek:

I've one pack left.

Have a nasty stomach bug today that's slowed me down... I wonder if the two are connected...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »
    I've one pack left.

Have a nasty stomach bug today that's slowed me down... I wonder if the two are connected...

They are destructively addictive aren't they :D

Surprisingly Poison Ivy is not the best cosplay in this photo... look closely:

E7rxP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

EnterNow wrote: »
    They are destructively addictive aren't they :D
    my nephew is addicted and tells me stories about Jammy Dodger Island :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That poisen ivy pic is brilliant. Took me a minute to spot the real winner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's always bothered me how Sam Fischer doesn't get spotted more with his frickin' neon headset.

Sure, it looks awesome, I can't suspend my disbelief that much!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's always bothered me how Sam Fischer doesn't get spotted more with his frickin' neon headset.

Sure, it looks awesome, I can't suspend my disbelief that much!

The devs said it's a design choice so the player doesn't lose sam in the shadows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I always preferred Thief myself...
    Can't get enough of those water arrows...
    You must have to fail the entrance exam to become a guard in any of these games, MGS, Thief, Splinter... Oh, what was that noise... Look, footprints in the snow, I wonder where they go? You know what, I definitely think that candle was lit the last time I walked past here, ah well.... All followed by a thump and the sound of a body being dragged away!

I was talking to a friend this evening who has also put about 30 hours into Skyrim.

You'd swear we were playing different games though. There's just so much to do in the thing that neither of has had much in common in the different quests we were doing. Makes it such a personal game... it's all rather outstanding.

I was never an Elder Scrolls fan before either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Have no interest in elder scrols or skyrim. But if it evokes such reactions in women then it must be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

I was talking to a friend this evening who has also put about 30 hours into Skyrim.

You'd swear we were playing different games though. There's just so much to do in the thing that neither of has had much in common in the different quests we were doing. Makes it such a personal game... it's all rather outstanding.

I was never an Elder Scrolls fan before either.

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game neither but Im definatley gunna pick it up soon . Got Diablo 2 for €1 at a charity sale thingymajig :D

Just walked into a new city in Skyrim.... and wow... just found a haunted house. Walls shaking, stuff flying about the place and an evil voice telling me to kill!

Also witnessed a murder minutes earlier that I'm going to have to solve as well... It's absolutely stupid just how much stuff goes on in this game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Meanwhile, in Arkham City...

The caped crusader is tasked with finding many thousands of pointless green trophies because the designers want to create the illusion of depth. But Batman decides to merely zip line through the sky while shouting 'wwwweeeeee' instead! Elsewhere, a fan stumbles across some obscure reference to a villain long since ignored by the movies because they're too weird. And Catwoman shows up every so often for no apparent reason!

Tune in next week, same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel, to find out what happens! And something involving Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Meanwhile, in Arkham City...

The caped crusader is tasked with finding many thousands of pointless green trophies because the designers want to create the illusion of depth. But Batman decides to merely zip line through the sky while shouting 'wwwweeeeee' instead! Elsewhere, a fan stumbles across some obscure reference to a villain long since ignored by the movies because they're too weird. And Catwoman shows up every so often for no apparent reason!

Tune in next week, same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel, to find out what happens! And something involving Robin.
    All things I love about the game :o
    But I am a batnerd :pac:

I am quite enjoying it. Even if I restarted because I couldn't revert to normal from hard, only to discover a bemused three or four hours into the second go-around that it was still on hard for some reason. Finally got used to it though, but every fight for the first few hours ended in massacres :(

The amount of collectibles is just stupid though. Gives Assassins 'you'd-have-to-have-way-too-much-time-on-your-hands-to-100-percent' Creed a run for its money.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

True theres a few too many collectables. With theyd stuck with just the riddles (although a few of them have driven me to the brink of insanity)

Just had an epic Dark Souls moment. The sewers were giving me a bit of a hard time over stupid deaths but found the bonfire and decided to reverse hollow and kindle it. Saw a summon sign so said, why the hell not. Anyway the guy I summon then proceeds to take me through the sewers showing me all the secrets and items. Got invaded by a black phantom and proceeded to spank his botty. Got to the boss and summoned another player to help just before hand. Anyway walk into the boss room and I;m greeted by the huge Gaping Dragon thing and I'm ****ting it. The guys start hammering at it while I wuss out with some magic at the back. The newbie ends up dying unfortunately and I'm out of magic so have to wade in. It's not long until I've used up all my health and the other player isn't helping since he doesn't want to die so I have to be really careful and take out about a quarter of the bosses health solo. By some miracle I get the bosses pattern down and beat it.

So my buddy disappears and I've got 18000 souls, about 5 times more than I've ever had. However I'm in human form and in danger of getting invaded and since I'm **** and most people have amazing weapons compared to me and I've no health I'd be ****ed. I also haven't a clue how to make it back to the bonfire and am totally lost. Anyway after about 20 minutes wandering aimlessly I make it back level up and now time for bed.

I love this game.

2011-11-16-riddler.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,447 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just had an epic Dark Souls moment. The sewers were giving me a bit of a hard time over stupid deaths but found the bonfire and decided to reverse hollow and kindle it. Saw a summon sign so said, why the hell not. Anyway the guy I summon then proceeds to take me through the sewers showing me all the secrets and items. Got invaded by a black phantom and proceeded to spank his botty. Got to the boss and summoned another player to help just before hand. Anyway walk into the boss room and I;m greeted by the huge Gaping Dragon thing and I'm ****ting it. The guys start hammering at it while I wuss out with some magic at the back. The newbie ends up dying unfortunately and I'm out of magic so have to wade in. It's not long until I've used up all my health and the other player isn't helping since he doesn't want to die so I have to be really careful and take out about a quarter of the bosses health solo. By some miracle I get the bosses pattern down and beat it.

So my buddy disappears and I've got 18000 souls, about 5 times more than I've ever had. However I'm in human form and in danger of getting invaded and since I'm **** and most people have amazing weapons compared to me and I've no health I'd be ****ed. I also haven't a clue how to make it back to the bonfire and am totally lost. Anyway after about 20 minutes wandering aimlessly I make it back level up and now time for bed.

I love this game.

Did you get cursed at all while down in the sewers? I had to abort two separate runs to the Gaping Dragon because I got cursed by those damn frogs. It's a long way back to a cure too.

I rage quit Dark Souls last week at Queelag. Just couldn't beat the bitch..and rather annoyingly, she's not meant to be that hard of a boss either.

After treking through the horror and low FPS of Blighttown I'd had enough.

Went back last night, after drinking a few glasses of ouzo my parents brought me back from Greece, and kicked lumps out of her.

I then carried on, beat the Ceaseless Discharge and unlocked the gate to Sen's Fortress.

So there you go. If you get stuck, drink your way out of it.

• Advertisement

Happy 59th birthday to the big man himself:

5U15K.jpg

Queelag I got through first time somehow - painless with spells.

The bosses in the midgame aren't the worst. Smorg and Ornstein are the real bastards :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did you get cursed at all while down in the sewers? I had to abort two separate runs to the Gaping Dragon because I got cursed by those damn frogs. It's a long way back to a cure too.

Jesus don't remind me. Thank god for dark souls wiki which told me to go back to the bloke in the bell tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

o1s1n wrote: »
    Also got my chiptune modded Gameboy. Time to make some tunez!!

Did you do anything yet?

This is my experience with Skyrim so far anyway:

H3Hz6.jpg

Master of the Universe

Tallon wrote: »
    Did you do anything yet?

Totally forgot that was in the bag along with my Saturn! Thanks for remind me, I'd completely forgotten.

Haven't had time to even open the bag since I got that stuff home.

This is my experience with Skyrim so far anyway:

Is it too easy?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is it too easy?

It turned him into a hardcore drug addict?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is that one of these things?

This is my exact one. Had the video on the auction.

Actually no wait, that's the one I was MEANT to get but he sent one with a green backlight instead.

I was annoyed to begin with, but then realized the green is probably much easier to look at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement