Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Rather than posting this in the Q&A thread, I'm going to post it here, it seems like I'm more likely to find an actual wrestler here.
    I'm buying my first set of gear soon, I measured my waist, and I got 43 inches(which, to be honest, seems like way too much, I am overweight, but, I don't look or feel that overweight.) but, I wear a large, which is 36-38 inches in everything, and it's not tight, does anyone know what size I should go with?
    Also, another small question, I already have a pair of knee pads, but, since they don't go with my attire, I'm buying a new pair, I originally bought medium, and they're a pretty tight fit, but still, not too tight to use, if I buy large this time, would it be possible for them to be way too big?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Rather than posting this in the Q&A thread, I'm going to post it here, it seems like I'm more likely to find an actual wrestler here.
    I'm buying my first set of gear soon, I measured my waist, and I got 43 inches(which, to be honest, seems like way too much, I am overweight, but, I don't look or feel that overweight.) but, I wear a large, which is 36-38 inches in everything, and it's not tight, does anyone know what size I should go with?
    Also, another small question, I already have a pair of knee pads, but, since they don't go with my attire, I'm buying a new pair, I originally bought medium, and they're a pretty tight fit, but still, not too tight to use, if I buy large this time, would it be possible for them to be way too big?

Hey mate,

Phil Boyd here, I've been wrestling a while. Get large(r) knee pads if you can. I wear large AMA knee pads and they are fairly snug on me and I'm only an average sized cruiserweight. Also most things made will expand but if your measuring tape says 43'' I think you should go with that. Maybe cut it to 41'' if you feel better that way but don't go by your jeans size. Anyway hope this helps. Are you training in Ireland?

Hey mate,

Phil Boyd here, I've been wrestling a while. Get large(r) knee pads if you can. I wear large AMA knee pads and they are fairly snug on me and I'm only an average sized cruiserweight. Also most things made will expand but if your measuring tape says 43'' I think you should go with that. Maybe cut it to 41'' if you feel better that way but don't go by your jeans size. Anyway hope this helps. Are you training in Ireland?

Thanks, Phil.
    Yeah, I'm training in Ireland, at MSW to be specific.
    I have another question, how far would a singlet be likely to stretch?
    I've lost quite a bit of weight since I started training, and I'm still losing weight, which will probably increase when I join the gym(don't have the money till after Christmas.) so, I'd rather get a smaller size, I redid the measurement, turns out I actually measured slightly wrong last time, it's actually slightly smaller, at a 42, do you think I'd get away with a large singlet from eLucha at 36-38, or should I go for an extra large at 40-42?
    Do you think an extra large would fit someone who's smaller than that?
    I'm trying to make it last as long as possible, since, including shipping, you're generally looking at over €100 per singlet.
    Thanks in advance for any answers you give me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

This is stuff you should be discussing with your trainers not with people on a fan site, and the way you made your original post bout getting an answer from wrestlers shows that A: your clearly not ready for ring gear otherwise your trainers would of pointed you in the direction of places for gear or B: or you don't trust the word of those meant to be training you, you do know they're on here and will probably work out who you are...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Get on facebook if you dont already have an account, and look for and become friends with or like the page AWP Australia, they do custom gear for guys all around the world
    They will be able to answer your questions pretty well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    This is stuff you should be discussing with your trainers not with people on a fan site, and the way you made your original post bout getting an answer from wrestlers shows that A: your clearly not ready for ring gear otherwise your trainers would of pointed you in the direction of places for gear or B: or you don't trust the word of those meant to be training you, you do know they're on here and will probably work out who you are...
    guys is just curious, whats the problem? He wants advice of others who have sought the same product, nothin to do with distrustin trainers, prob just a really eager trainee .... Give him a break

Rawm2008 wrote: »

I trust my trainers, I just can't get a hold of any of them before Monday, I didn't realise this problem till last night, after training, and I only train Monday and Wednesday, I was planning on ordering my gear today or tomorrow, since I'll probably spend the money otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Yeah in fairness Rawm2008, is BetterThanThou interrupting some massive discussion on here. Like I think this has more posts than when Fergal Devitt wrestled in Ireland last week. Why are you trying to get the lad in trouble. Your two points make little sense and your fabricating a issue out of nothing. I'd tell lads to get gear straight away ready their ready or not. That way I'm not the one waiting on them to get gear so I could use them on a show.

At least the discussion is productive. By all means if he interrupted some great discussion about PWU's show last Sunday or MSW's show in Finglas next week or NLW's in Belfast the week after or even any IWW shows then I'd say fair enough. There's just such a negative attitude on this forum.

I remember when I started posting on forums it was great craic and the interaction between us '1st gen' Irish wrestlers and the people who came to shows was great. I remember Cannibal making a 'Phil The Trifle' picture from my original NWA Ireland roster pic. That was good harmless fun. Can this forum not try and go back to days like that.

Yeah in fairness Rawm2008, is BetterThanThou interrupting some massive discussion on here. Like I think this has more posts than when Fergal Devitt wrestled in Ireland last week. Why are you trying to get the lad in trouble. Your two points make little sense and your fabricating a issue out of nothing. I'd tell lads to get gear straight away ready their ready or not. That way I'm not the one waiting on them to get gear so I could use them on a show.

At least the discussion is productive. By all means if he interrupted some great discussion about PWU's show last Sunday or MSW's show in Finglas next week or NLW's in Belfast the week after or even any IWW shows then I'd say fair enough. There's just such a negative attitude on this forum.

I remember when I started posting on forums it was great craic and the interaction between us '1st gen' Irish wrestlers and the people who came to shows was great. I remember Cannibal making a 'Phil The Trifle' picture from my original NWA Ireland roster pic. That was good harmless fun. Can this forum not try and go back to days like that.

I know you have used some PWU talent before and all I have to say is that some of the newer guys coming up the roster will be awesome, and you should defo look into booking them in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Failing that, can we even go back to the days of promoters having very public breakdowns, like 3 months ago? That was great craic altogether!

cant believe ive left my pink lightenin singlet back in ireland.....i do miss it :(

not sure how to post a video here, hope this works, if not it can be viewed here

footage of the Match between former WWE trainee Tron and Damien Corvin at the last Pro Wrestling Ulster event on the 13th November.
    Dont know where the end of it is, if it gets posted I will edit this, bt very well worth watching anyway

Please watch this and feel free to leave comments on the video here on on the youtube page

the 2nd part of the video from my last post is now here, if you have watched the first one then this is a must. Again starring the superstars that are former WWE trainee Tron and Damien Corvin

bro just include the unique ~11 letter code for youtube videos, wrapped in the youtube tag -- eg

[*]4F7IxVGmCtE[/*]
    replace the * with YOUTUBE

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

On behalf of MainStage Wrestling I want to let the people of boards.ie know that the MSW show tomorrow has been cancelled. The show will NOT go ahead. I will post info on upcoming shows when I get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Productionhead

That Sucks about the MSW show, hope nothing serious is going down

• Advertisement

thanks to Jaykhunter for fixing my youtube links, anychance of a pm so I know how to do it myslelf next time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

That Sucks about the MSW show, hope nothing serious is going down

Thankfully its nothing serious, just a problem with the venue. More shows coming soon tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Superkev

I've just heard that an Irish indie star has been offered a wwe contract. cant say who exactly but he's from the south. hopefully more will come within the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Just a quick question. There seems to be several training centres for wrestling on the south side of Dublin but is there any on the north side? I was taking a look at MSW's training facility on their web site and from what I can see it looks fairly impressive but if there was one on the north side which would be closer I would probably check that out too before making a decision.

Superkev wrote: »
    I've just heard that an Irish indie star has been offered a wwe contract. cant say who exactly but he's from the south. hopefully more will come within the next few days.

Oh wonder who it is, and with your username am guessing you Roxx?

• Advertisement

montyrebel wrote: »

Oh wonder who it is, and with your username am guessing you Roxx?
    I'm guessing one of the awr guys if its true....Maxer,omen. Disorderly seem like good shouts....

I honestly have no idea who it is as there is that much talent in Irish wrestling at the moment. I just hope that if they get a contract WWE honours it this time and does not release the person part of the way through it the same as they did with 'Tron'.

Personally I have only seen Maxer wrestle once for PWU and he didnt do much for me, Damien Corvin is twice the wrestler he is in my opinion

This is not kev roxx, i am just a local fan. I was talking to the person who got the contract last night and he told me its pretty much garaunteed that he will end up in wwe. his initials are D. D.

Sirsok wrote: »
    I'm guessing one of the awr guys if its true....Maxer,omen. Disorderly seem like good shouts....

he's from the south so that rules out disorderly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Until any proof is posted I will remain skeptical, but the only Irish person i've heard of getting a trial with WWE recently is the gorgeous Rachel St Claire.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Until any proof is posted I will remain skeptical, but the only Irish person i've heard of getting a trial with WWE recently is the gorgeous Rachel St Claire.

on a post I made on the Mainstage Wrestling facebook page (MSW) i have been informed it is Tornado Kid, although another person claims it is Paddy Deathwish Browne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

IF this is true Superkev probably cost whoever it was a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

rovert wrote: »
    IF this is true Superkev probably cost whoever it was a deal.

Don't think Laurinitis reads boards tbh.

leggo wrote: »
    Don't think Laurinitis reads boards tbh.

And what does that have to do with anything?

And what does that have to do with anything?
    I just want to say - i gave you guys the initials, you are all so far off the mark.

• Advertisement

Dunkan Disorderly

Dunkan Disorderly

Not from the north, from the south.

Danny Deans could be Brodus's tag partner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Danny Deans? thats the only guy in the south who wrestles with those initials! i call bull****!

I have since heard that this is all made up and no one had been offered anything, sorry for anything I posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Danny Deans? ;)

I have since heard that this is all made up and no one had been offered anything, sorry for anything I posted

and who told you this is all made up monty?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

Wait... is it Danny Demento?

and who told you this is all made up monty?

People who work in Irish Wrestling Indie scene

• Advertisement

People who work in Irish Wrestling Indie scene

Not everyone knows about who it is yet, and some people refuse to believe because they are jealous, the guy i was talking to, told me 'its only a matter of time before i get signed, the wwe officials were very impressed when i brought 'the pain''

thats up to you to say that, personally I believe now that you are just a troll

thats up to you to say that, personally I believe now that you are just a troll

I am not a troll, im a human. and the info i have passed on is from the man himself.

I am not a troll, im a human. and the info i have passed on is from the man himself.

If you say so, I know what I believe and you can believe what you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nature Boy 2.0

Not everyone knows about who it is yet, and some people refuse to believe because they are jealous, the guy i was talking to, told me 'its only a matter of time before i get signed, the wwe officials were very impressed when i brought 'the pain''

If you think that's big I heard today that Philly the Kid has been offered a trial with Juggalo Championship Wrestling in the US.
    They've long been searching for someone to play a gay cowboy character, and no one is more over in this role than Ireland's own Phil.

Violent J of the ICP had this to say of Philly, "This guy could be the biggest thing to hit JCW since Kamala".

Exciting times indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

How hilarious is this conversation? Wow with all the LOLing and LMFAOing I don't know whats going on. Was that a Rotflcopter flying by?

AAAAAAAAAAAAnyhow there was a great show up North on Sturday courtesy of the crew from NLW. I got to see the whole show, the match between Morrow and Omen was the highlight for me. A good crowd attended so it was a great way to end the wrestling year.
    Next week is the Irish wrestling Christmas Party. Everyone involved with Irish wrestling is welcome, for more information ask the gay cowboy on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Hey lads, what happened to DCW? A mate of mine told me it went under, can anyone shed some light on this?

Please don't turn this into a slag fest, I just want to know, roughly at least, what happened to it? I used to frequent this area but moved over to the motors section of boards... Kicking myself that I didn't keep up with wrestling in Ireland.

barura wrote: »
    Hey lads, what happened to DCW? A mate of mine told me it went under, can anyone shed some light on this?

Please don't turn this into a slag fest, I just want to know, roughly at least, what happened to it? I used to frequent this area but moved over to the motors section of boards... Kicking myself that I didn't keep up with wrestling in Ireland.

All the wrestlers left because they found out the promoter was gay.

barura wrote: »

it is mentioned earlier in this thread, the promoter is an alcohoic who assaulted danny deans and threatened his family at a show, which led to a lot of wrestlers walking out and there had been a good few walk out before that

it is mentioned earlier in this thread, the promoter is an alcohoic who assaulted danny deans and threatened his family at a show, which led to a lot of wrestlers walking out and there had been a good few walk out before that

I have heard this is untrue and everyone should give the promoter a break. rumour has it he is starting a new promotion and is going to start running shows again.

I have heard this is untrue and everyone should give the promoter a break. rumour has it he is starting a new promotion and is going to start running shows again.

so that is who you are, welcome back you scummy drunk, what you did to indie wrestling is shameful, every word of that is true

• Advertisement
Advertisement