Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bring Back Celtic Pro Wrestling. CpW

a rise and fall? like a show or a dvd or wat? wat do u mean?

A DVD of course. What would you do in a Rise and Fall show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

A DVD of course. What would you do in a Rise and Fall show?

well u werent very clear. but seriously who wud buy tat? its an irish wrestling promotion who lasted something like 10 or 11 months. i can see 5 copies being sold. nota good idea in my opinion. just one mans opinion tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Also DCW had a rise?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

I got a rise out of its fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

I got a rise out of its fall.

i say you got more than a rise justy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

DCW was actually embarrassing,especially the promos,eugh they made my skin crawl!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Somebody should get every single body that was involved in DCW and do a Rise and Fall of DCW. I would imagen it would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

307537_274147692617158_167386333293295_946317_549182733_n.jpg

Just 2 Weeks until NO LIMIT WRESTLING returns to Bray!
    317137_276334609065133_167386333293295_954527_1259708226_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

sockmo wrote: »
    DCW was actually embarrassing,especially the promos,eugh they made my skin crawl!

GER MURPHY WAS THE SAVIOR OF IRISH RASSSSSSSLIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

NLW Newsflash... In breaking news, Robbie Morrissey has challenged Paddy Morrow to a match at 'Bray Bash' on November 6th. However Morrissey has not asked for a 1 on 1 match. "I'm sick of that scummy b***ard Morrow cheating to beat me" Robbie said. "So this time, lets make it a tag match with each of us picking our own partner. I have just the person in mind". While we are awaiting Morrow's response, we are working hard to find out who Morrissey's potential partner is. Keep checking back!

315083_278146102217317_167386333293295_962302_1485501518_n.jpg

NLW_Info wrote: »
    NLW Newsflash... In breaking news, Robbie Morrissey has challenged Paddy Morrow to a match at 'Bray Bash' on November 6th. However Morrissey has not asked for a 1 on 1 match. "I'm sick of that scummy b***ard Morrow cheating to beat me" Robbie said. "So this time, lets make it a tag match with each of us picking our own partner. I have just the person in mind". While we are awaiting Morrow's response, we are working hard to find out who Morrissey's potential partner is. Keep checking back!

315083_278146102217317_167386333293295_962302_1485501518_n.jpg

Paddy Morrow has accepted the challenge and has chosen his partner. He has picked Jordan Devlin. Still no word on who Morrissey's partner is yet but we'll keep you updated.

Bray Bash - Sunday November 6th at 6pm (Doors: 5.45pm)
    Wolfe Tone Community Centre & Youth Club, Vevay Road, Bray
    Tickets Only €8 available from the Wolfe Tone. Call: (01) 2868295

Paddy Morrow & Jordan Devlin Vs. Robbie Morrissey & ??

Also appearing:
    Irish Tag Team Champions: Team Mega
    NLW World Champion: Dunkan Disorderly
    Philly The Kid
    OMEN
    Bonesaw
    and more!!!
    Keep checking back for updates on the card and of course who Robbie Morrissey will choose as his partner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IppOopfiFcc

Check out the promo ad for NLW in Bray on November 6th.
    Alot of people are wondering who Robbie Morrissey's partner will be on Sunday 6th November at 'Bray Bash' in Bray, Co. Wicklow (See previous posts). Morrissey has said he will announce the name of his partner before midnight tomorrow (Friday). So check back for the announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

have 2 admit the nlw thing bout the mystery partner has me interested. shame i cant make tat show.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

I know who the partner is. Its a big deal. Im not telling though.

Robbie Morrissey has finally announced the name of his partner for the Nov 6th NLW show in Bray, Co. Wicklow. In somewhat of a shocker, Morrissey has confirmed his partner will be current New Japan Pro Wrestling star and Ireland's own 'Prince' Fergal Devitt.

-NLW BRAY BASH - Sunday November 6th @ 6pm (Doors: 5.45pm)
    -Wolfe Tone Youth Club & Community Centre (Vevay Road, Bray)
    -Tickets only €8 at the door.

Tag Team Match:
    Robbie Morrissey & Fergal Devitt Vs. Paddy Morrow & Jordan Devlin
    391268_279514245413836_167386333293295_967160_1604436073_n.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

holy crap, what a partner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tlEhZZJP1Q&feature=player_embedded#!

Click to see highlights from the recent No Limit Wrestling / Main Stage Wrestling Supershow featuring RHINO!

---

NLW presents 'BRAY BASH' ... Sun 6th November ... Wolfe Tone Youth Club, Vevay Rd, Bray
    Tickets €8. Doors open 5.45pm

Main Event:
    Fergal Devitt & Robbie Morrissey Vs. Paddy Morrow & Jordan Devlin

Also in Action:
    NLW Champion Dunkan Disorderly
    Irish Tag Champions Team Mega
    Philly The Kid
    "All Star" Anthony Idol
    Team Epic
    OMEN
    Bonesaw
    And many more!

'Like' No Limit Wrestling on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Limit-Wrestling/167386333293295

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW returned to action this past weekend with a small series of shows up in Northern Ireland. Skaterboi Jeebus successfully defended his newly won Zero Gravity belt not once but twice in one day!

Antrim

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his ZG Belt against Tat2 Charlie

Captain Rooney overcame LA Warren

Show 2

Skaterboi Jeebus beat LA Warren to retain his title

TJ Meehan defeated Walter Alexander by DQ after interference

Show 3

Skaterboi Jeebus, Captain Rooney & TJ Meehan toppled Walter Alexander, Tat2 Charlie & LA Warren

Pics to follow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Latest Show - 2ufc7ro.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

Devitt speaks ahead of this Sundays NLW show and also gives his view on whether or not Ireland could ever have a mainstream wrestling industry.

http://irishnewsreview.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/njpw-champ-returns-home/

Click below to see a 33 minute highlight package from the NLW 5th Anniversary Show, which took place on Sunday 25th September 2011 featuring former WWE Superstar Scotty 2 Hotty as well as some of Ireland's top talents including Robbie Morrissey, Paddy Morrow, Team Mega, Paul Tracey, Jordan Devlin, Bonesaw and many many more! Take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vptNfZCHbI&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

mrstpatsfc wrote: »
    Devitt speaks ahead of this Sundays NLW show and also gives his view on whether or not Ireland could ever have a mainstream wrestling industry.

Completely agree with these comments:
    "There is plenty of great talented young Irish wrestlers out there. The only problem is they seem to be scattered all over the place. I think if we had a little bit more of an open minded approach on how everyone can work together for the greatest good then maybe some day we could make a ‘business’ out of what is essentially a ‘hobby’ for most.”

Hopefully, now that it's coming from Fergal, and not the big bad wolf in me, people will listen and something can happen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

leggo wrote: »
    mrstpatsfc wrote: »

Completely agree with these comments:
    "There is plenty of great talented young Irish wrestlers out there. The only problem is they seem to be scattered all over the place. I think if we had a little bit more of an open minded approach on how everyone can work together for the greatest good then maybe some day we could make a ‘business’ out of what is essentially a ‘hobby’ for most.”

Hopefully, now that it's coming from Fergal, and not the big bad wolf in me, people will listen and something can happen! :)

To be honest we're at a point now in Ireland where I don't think anyone will disagree with this point. The only promotion that keeps to themselves are IWW and if that works for them, so be it.
    The only thing, in my opinion, hold this back is the organisation and risk involved with the promtions taking that step out of their current comfort zones. The economy's still in the guttermaybe once it starts to take an up turn and bcomes a bit more stable then we might see something bigger start to come together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

NLW_Info wrote: »
    No Limit Wrestling will be at the Wolfe Tone Youth Club & Community Centre, Bray, Co. Wicklow (Vevay Road, behind Kennedy's Pub) on Sunday evening, November 6th. Doors open 5.45pm, showtime: 6pm.

Trying to find the place on google maps but no mention of the community centre or Kennedys ....... is it within the Wolfe Tone Square (near the Vevay Dental Centre), or is it at the top end of the street near the Main St and the 'Mermaid Arts Centre'?

Charisteas wrote: »
    Trying to find the place on google maps but no mention of the community centre or Kennedys ....... is it within the Wolfe Tone Square (near the Vevay Dental Centre), or is it at the top end of the street near the Main St and the 'Mermaid Arts Centre'?

OK, so if you're on Bray Main Street, you turn left just before McDonalds (Or right just after McDonals depending on which way you're facing). You travel up the road past Tesco on your right, until you come to a line of shops on the right. There's a Pub called the Vevay Inn (known as Kennedy's to locals) where your turn right. This turn is a lane which will bring you to the Wolfe Tone Youth Club.

Reminder .... NLW 'Bray Bash' tomorrow evening, 6pm Sharp - Wolfe Tone Youth Club, Vevay Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow. Featuring 'Prince' Fergal Devitt's return to Irish Wrestling. Tickets only €8! Don't miss this historic event.

NLW 'Bray Bash' Results (6-11-11, Bray, Co. Wicklow)

"All Star" Anthony Idol, Deadbones Dawkins & Philly The Kid defeated OMEN, Bonesaw and "The Big Mac" Kev MacDermott in a six man tag team match. Bonesaw and OMEN left their partner alone towards the end of the match after becoming sick of "The Big Mac" trying to boss them around. They ended up hitting him with a Double Chokeslam and left him at the mercy of the opposing team. Idol finished MacDermott off with a Swanton Bomb.

Sammy D answered Dunkan Disorderly's open challenge but fell short to the NLW Champion. Dunkan pinned the young rookie after a powerbomb.

Next up, Danny Butler opted to represent Irish Tag Team Champions Team Mega alone and defend both titles single handed. His partner Justin Shape has been sidelined with a back injury which kept him away from the ring. Butler managed to outlast the teams of Team Epic (D-Max & B-Cool) and Dirty & Handsome (Bull Reilly & Mr. Vain) to retain the tag titles for his team.

Katey Harvey defeated Lucy in a girls match next. Katey managed to throw powder in Lucy's eyes behind the referee's back and picked up a controversial win.

Danny Butler returned next to win an over-the-top rope battle royal.

Finally the team of Paddy Morrow & Jordan Devlin defeated Robbie Morrissey & Fergal Devitt in a thrilling tag team main event. Morrissey was on the receiving end of a number of superkicks and a double kick face crusher to finish the match. All 4 men proved they are among the very best there is in the wrestling business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

A good show last night NLW, quite a short show but the quality of most of the matches was thoroughly enjoyable.

Was great seeing Devitt in the flesh after reading so many great things about him - don't get why he wasn't booked as babyface coming back from Japan to his home town and all - but a great talent nevertheless.

As good as Fergal was, I thought Dunkin D stole the show. His promo was awesome (despite the relatively small crowd being a tad quiet last night) the guy just oozes charisma, has a great look, superb in the ring, pretty much the whole package.

Big and Dirty were on the door taking cash (not breaking kayfabe at all!) but would have much preferred to see them in the ring, really liked them last time.

Looking forward to the next show.

Advertisement