Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on snow/ice this year.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

im about to go away for 2 weeks to my home if your curious to see what my home looks like its on my profile....

I can not wait to do 360s get some air ride tons of fvcking powder bring it on

yea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

you lucky sob :( im in london for the next month where il be tearing my hair out trying to figure my way around haha, btw where is that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

There isn't going to be any snow and ice this winter.

Global warming means that we'll all be basking in 100 Celsius heat and spending Christmas Day on the beach or having barbecues in our gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Batsy wrote: »
    There isn't going to be any snow and ice this winter.

Global warming means that we'll all be basking in 100 Celsius heat and spending Christmas Day on the beach or having barbecues in our gardens.

:eek: You will not even reach your beach!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Biedronka wrote: »
    You should start changing tyres for winter!

WTF IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

MoodeRator wrote: »
    :eek: You will not even reach your beach!:D

Nice thought all the same, Christmas on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

There won't be any.

Mark my words.

What are you, some kind of knowledgeable postman or something?!

I want to bob-sleigh, bring on the snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

WTF IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?

Ah, the stoners are getting paranoid already!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

There won't be any.

Mark my words.

Snow boarding in the phoenix park,
    And in the Dublin mountains,
    Yeah BUDDY!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

I'd love snow, but i don't think we'll get it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

seamus wrote: »
    Any weather conditions are fine if you've had the cop on to prepare in advance.

Any tips for preparing for stopping the water supply into the houses here freezing (for 2 weeks last year)?

I temporarily linked outside taps from houses whose mains didnt freeze, using hoses, to ones that did, to get around it. But the fact remains, the supplies froze in the ground.

Obviously for some things, preparations can be made alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

I like the snow for the first day or two, its a great novelty seeing my footprints in the white, making snow angels and been able to ring work and say I cant make it in as im snowed in......Day 3....... frozen pipe,s no water, cant shower, supplies running low, bored off my ass posting on AH and watching jerry springer fook off snow!!

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Any tips for preparing for stopping the water supply into the houses here freezing (for 2 weeks last year)?

I temporarily linked outside taps from houses whose mains didnt freeze, using hoses, to ones that did, to get around it. But the fact remains, the supplies froze in the ground.

keep all ur empty sevy up bottles and piss on the pipes instead of in the jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Fbjm wrote: »
    Are you looking forward to the snow this year AH? Or are you dreading it?

Personally I used to love it, but last year kind of ruined it for me. I live on a hill, and struggling to school every day trying not to fall was not fun. :( I'd imagine getting to college this year is going to be a lot worse; I hear maynooth completely freezes over in winter! :pac:

So what say you AH? Will you love or hate the snow this year?

Falling is even less fun.;)

I suggest you get yourself a pair of ice grips that slip on over your shoes or boots. I bought mine (and countless pairs for friends in Ireland) in Finland, but it seems you can also get them in Ireland or via the Internet.:)

Here's one link, and you will surely find others by surfing a little:

http://www.snowsmarts.com/ice-grips.htm

It will be the best €20 or so you ever spent, and in my experience a pair should get you through several frosty winters before they wear out.:cool:

Remember, though, that you'd better take them off before you go indoors or you'll be on someone's sh1t list for destroying their parquette floor.:eek:

cosmicfart wrote: »
    keep all ur empty sevy up bottles and piss on the pipes instead of in the jacks

I tried that the year before, I hate yellow snow in the garden though, especially when the kids hit ye with a snow ball made from it.

I tried that the year before, I hate yellow snow in the garden though, especially when the kids hit ye with a snow ball made from it.

better than the brown snowballs i betya

cosmicfart wrote: »
    better than the brown snowballs i betya

The ones with the coconut sprinkled on them werent too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I've a 4x4, snow can't keep me off the road :D

This year I will make a snow man, every time it snows I say I'll make one but then i go outside and I forget snow is not as soft and fluffy as it is on tv. It's cold and wet.
    Then I go inside and am warm again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

I have a feeling there wont be any but I hope there is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

our problem in this country is that we are so used of mild weather that any bit of hard or extreme weather sends us into chaos, i think every country at our latitude should be somewhat prepared for heavy snow and rain, its no excuse to say it only happens every now and then so we wont bother preparing for it,

if we get a hard winter this year i think it should be a fair indicator that its getting colder and we just need to be ready for snow
    Actually it is a very good excuse-the cost of preparation would be stupidly high, compared to any benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I cant wait. This year i made an attachment on my flymo to clear snow with and cant wait to test it out. Its a fine piece of engineering and when all the neighbours are out manually shovelling the deadly slush ill be flymowing my snow. What could possibly in wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Paddy Power giving any odds on snow in November/December ? I couldn't find any when I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the problem with pipes freezing is directly related to the fact that the pipes in a lot of houses around ireland are not deep enough into the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The-Rigger wrote: »

This alone is reason to wish for snow. Who doesnt still get a belly laugh from watching?

The comedic possibilities are endless...

:pac: :pac: :pac:

the problem with pipes freezing is directly related to the fact that the pipes in a lot of houses around ireland are not deep enough into the ground

Hardly due to the lack of cop on by the affected people though, was it?

InTheTrees wrote: »
    This alone is reason to wish for snow. Who doesnt still get a belly laugh from watching?

The comedic possibilities are endless...

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Looked like a nasty fall to me to be honest. A decent impact of head on ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

That video brings out the evil in all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Looked like a nasty fall to me to be honest. A decent impact of head on ground.

Believe me I feel guilty laughing...

Schadenfreude is the word i believe...

(its the almost arrogant jauntiness of his walk as he no doubt realises he's being filmed by rte news)...

Sorry I'll stop now.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Alan b. wrote: »
    Snow boarding in the phoenix park,
    And in the Dublin mountains,
    Yeah BUDDY!

Down the Dublin Mountains, sounds dangerous...
    I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I'm dreading it. My last winter in London was bad enough. I hate to think what it'll be like in Downpatrick. It's in a valley with steep hills on just about every side. Scotch Street and English Street must be really treacherous on an icy day.

Advertisement