Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on snow/ice this year.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I'll hate it if it stops me getting home for Christmas. Took a few attempts last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I went to Maynooth. The snow never sticks on campus. It's all the hot air.

Regarding the winter, it will start snowing in mid to late November and stay on the ground until mid February. Mean daytime temperatures will be -25.

We're all going to freeze to death. Or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

How does anyone know that it'll snow this early?
    Don't think it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was bored the other night & had a read of the Weather Forum.

The weather nerds are practically **** themselves silly at the thought of another shit winter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I'm thinking maybe if I can get some huskies and a sled then I'll be OK.

I've 3 and sled harnesses for them, I had just got a loan of some skis last year and the ****in snow melted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

The weather nerds are practically **** themselves silly at the thought of another shit winter.

LMFAO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

oh.....

ew...

eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhh...

I thought the snow was falling from the sky? :confused: not from that ^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

i couldnt stoplaughing when i read this :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Rew wrote: »
    I've 3 and sled harnesses for them, I had just got a loan of some skis last year and the ****in snow melted!!

Do you lease them out? now that I think about it, are sleds allowed use the bus lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

psychward wrote: »
    did you get any of those ice grip things with metal studs on that slip over a shoe and give you some grip ? I was thinking of ordering some from amazon etc . Every other year the retail stores charge well over the odds plus have a limited supply

They're a fiver in Penneys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

If it doesnt snow Im going to cry and cry for the whole feckin winter. I'm sick of this damp muggy weather. I lit my stove the other day and set off the fire alarms cos the house got too hot. :mad: Mother fecker I want to lit my fire. I want freezing temps, frosty breath and a mother fecking fire NOW. I want to pull the bed clothes back in the morning and think oh shiit thats cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

There won't be any.

Mark my words.

Your Momma sucks cocks in hell

Love it! I travel a fair distance to work and am always told not to attempt to come in when it's really bad. I got in trouble actually last year for going in on a particularly bad day. I need a day off and all my holidays went this year on non-holiday related stuff. Snow day would be perfect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    Love it! I travel a fair distance to work and am always told not to attempt to come in when it's really bad. I got in trouble actually last year for going in on a particularly bad day. I need a day off and all my holidays went this year on non-holiday related stuff. Snow day would be perfect :D

Lucky you, understanding as my employer is, telling me to take six weeks of was not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've a feeling its just going to piss rain all winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Biedronka

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Snow doesn't affect me at all, have a 4x4 for getting around and my house is well insulated, if the water is shut off, its no big problem.
    But snow affects my job and my employer lost a fortune last year because of it, so i'm hopping for a nice week of snow around mid january, wont effect business too much and i love playing outside with my dogs in the snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

hahaha this one might be on this year , her on about santy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

it wont be near last year

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

EdenHazard wrote: »

Unfortunately you're probably right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Are you GOD?

I look forward to M T Cranium receiving Post of the Day almost constantly and the return of the RTÉ humourous weather updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

You know its a slow news day when M T Cranium gets post of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

i love it and cant wait for it. its far better then the ****ty rain and mud and dull dark skies the whole time. at least its bright when it snows.

and lets be fair, driving conditions are not the hazard on the roads, its idiot drivers driving too fast or not knowing how to control their cars on the snow/ice that are the hazard.

people drive as they do on normal days and think if they just drive slower they will be fine. takes a little more then that.

and the snow keeps a lot of these people off the roads so getting around is easy enough.

also, i have to laugh at the wording of poll option no.2
    "i hate having to be careful on the roads"

exactly the type of people that shouldnt be on the road in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Biedronka

hahaha this one might be on this year , her on about santy

You should start changing tyres for winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

hope it doesnt come

heating bill = screwed
    education = screwed
    buses = screwed
    walking = lol screwed gtfo rte news camera no slipping antics for me aul' uncle gaybo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Kiera wrote: »
    Hate the poxy snow, it can fúck right off this year!

Yea last year and the year before would put ye off it for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

god lads we get a little dusting of snow and ye complain like little girls, i personally love anything that breaks the monotony of rain and wind.....and misery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

god lads we get a little dusting of snow and ye complain like little girls, i personally love anything that breaks the monotony of rain and wind.....and misery

"A little dusting"... there were five deaths last year. Cop on.

Advertisement