Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opinion on snow/ice this year.

• 03-11-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Are you looking forward to the snow this year AH? Or are you dreading it?

Personally I used to love it, but last year kind of ruined it for me. I live on a hill, and struggling to school every day trying not to fall was not fun. :( I'd imagine getting to college this year is going to be a lot worse; I hear maynooth completely freezes over in winter! :pac:

So what say you AH? Will you love or hate the snow this year?

Looking forward to the snow and ice? 436 votes

Yes, I love snow!
    0% 0 votes
    No, I hate having to be careful on the roads.
    57% 252 votes
    I'll manage, it's worth it to get to christmas.
    42% 184 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

I love snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Can't wait. See aul ones slipping and falling. Karmas a bitch isn't it, that's what they get for running their trollies into my ankles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Gonna be driving a rwd car to work in the snow for the first time this year if it snows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I'm prepared this year, snow wont know what hit it when it lands. I got ma wooly hat, fleeces, gloves, thermal underwear. Been choppin wood. Cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i like it the same as i like jews*

*i dont like jews

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

MungBean wrote: »
    I'm prepared this year, snow wont know what hit it when it lands. I got ma wooly hat, fleeces, gloves, thermal underwear. Been choppin wood. Cant wait.

did you get any of those ice grip things with metal studs on that slip over a shoe and give you some grip ? I was thinking of ordering some from amazon etc . Every other year the retail stores charge well over the odds plus have a limited supply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Adapt, it's easier than just giving out about it every year.

It never really affected me last year,bar from me having to wear more layers...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I like the snow for the first couple of days and then it písses me off and I just want it gone again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭recyclebin

What if there is no snow?? Where will i get my white powder fix from??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Oh I can't wait! Snow is so pretty and I love snowmen and ear muffs and snow balls and taking walks and playing in the snow :D

I'm walking distance from work so only has positive affects on me, making me happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

psychward wrote: »
    did you get any of those ice grip things with metal studs on that slip over a shoe and give you some grip ? I was thinking of ordering some from amazon etc . Every other year the retail stores charge well over the odds plus have a limited supply

Penneys were selling those ice grip things for €5 the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

It is nice to see the place covered with snow but it sure gets old fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

psychward wrote: »

I was lookin at em but havent decided to get em yet. Probably would be a good buy but the cheaper ones dont look like much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

There won't be any.

Mark my words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I cannot wait for the snow, icy roads, putting my life in danger every time I go to work.
    Hope it starts soon, we might have a few burst pipes as well or no water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Anything to break the monotony of Irish weather I welcome.

Hey, isn't it funny how we look out the window at heavy rain and act all surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Hope it snows, the only difference it makes for me is I have to walk way slower to the DART station so as not to slip..the DART service is generally terrible these days so there won't be much of change there.

White roof tops and crunchy-snow walks more than make up for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A bit of it, fine, lovely - but the farce that was last year and the year before with hazardous driving conditions and frozen/burst pipes for a prolonged period? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I normally don't mind the snow but I've a broken ankle at the moment so I don't much fancy trying to hop around on the ice.

I'm thinking maybe if I can get some huskies and a sled then I'll be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

foxinsox wrote: »
    Penneys were selling those ice grip things for €5 the other day.

Thanks. I will definitely pop in to Penneys over the weekend and have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No, not looking forward to it at all, ive to drive 140km a day so ill be bricking it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

I don't dislike snow like I don't think others do like not supporting anti-antisemitism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

i cant wait for the snow I love it, im a student and it doesnt effect me, all that happens is i miss school and seeing as im in transition year it has no effect on us because we have no state exmas at end of year. so all fun and games for 4th years everyone else in ireland not so much..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

My opinion is we were told this unusually warm October would be unusually cold

Moderate warmth or freezing cold? the former pls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I normally don't mind the snow but I've a broken ankle at the moment so I don't much fancy trying to hop around on the ice.

I'm thinking maybe if I can get some huskies and a sled then I'll be OK.

huskies and sleds are on sale in pennys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Hate the poxy snow, it can fúck right off this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

hate snow. hate nearly killing myself. hate driving in it. hate it hate it hate it. wud happily live in a country that never has snow....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Fbjm wrote: »
    Are you looking forward to the snow this year AH? Or are you dreading it?

Personally I used to love it, but last year kind of ruined it for me. I live on a hill, and struggling to school every day trying not to fall was not fun. :( I'd imagine getting to college this year is going to be a lot worse; I hear maynooth completely freezes over in winter! :pac:

So what say you AH? Will you love or hate the snow this year?

What snow? Have you seen into the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

some snow ok, a big freeze like last year no. my pipes burst last year and i couldnt go through that again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Advertisement