Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP ProLiant MicroServer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I bought mine off dabs.ie

But I rang the HPshop.ie and they said they were out of stock and that next month a new version of this machine is being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

But I rang the HPshop.ie and they said they were out of stock and that next month a new version of this machine is being released.

Probably not with a cashback offer though!

Yeah he said there probably wont be a cashback offer. Maybe the offer is just to get rid of the old stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Yeah. I got one from dabs the other day.
    It's a great little server.

The invoice from dabs doesn't have the HP part number printed on it. This might be a problem when trying to redeem the cashback. Just letting y'all know.

Be Careful! Its on the box, I just learned that about 10 seconds before my box went off to be recycled so I was lucky. I used the serial number and not the part number -got a confirmation that cheque is coming so I assume it was ok.

Love this machine so far, running unraid basic with 3xWD greens and a download drive connected to 2 htpcs via TP powerlinks (godsend).
    Its so neat and reliable.

settings wrote: »
    Be Careful! Its on the box, I just learned that about 10 seconds before my box went off to be recycled so I was lucky. I used the serial number and not the part number -got a confirmation that cheque is coming so I assume it was ok.

Did you buy it from dabs? Did your invoice have the HP number on it?

Has anyone else used a Dabs invoice without the HP part number on it to get the cashback?

I emailed DABS and asked them to change the invoice for one with the HP part number printed on it and they refused.

The claim form says that the invoice must have the HP number on it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Did you buy it from dabs? Did your invoice have the HP number on it?
    :/

I got it from the hpshop.ie.
    There were no documents with it aside from the delivery note.
    The serial no and part number were on the box.
    I emailed hpshop and asked how do i get my proof of purchase (along with the order number from confirmation email) and they replied with a word doc to print off with all the purchase details on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pegasus425

Has anyone else used a Dabs invoice without the HP part number on it to get the cashback?

I emailed DABS and asked them to change the invoice for one with the HP part number printed on it and they refused.

The claim form says that the invoice must have the HP number on it. :/

I had the exact same situation with DABS.

I just sent the Dabs Invoice as it was and got the cashback no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭degsie

Dabs out of stock now :mad:

Anybody got any tips on getting this server elsewhere at a reasonable price?

Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Has anybody used misco.ie to order this

http://www.misco.ie/Product/Q304372/HP-ProLiant-N36L-1-30GHz-Tower-Server-100-Cashback-Offer

They mention its eligible for cashback on the .co.uk site but not the .ie one.

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Has anybody used misco.ie to order this

http://www.misco.ie/Product/Q304372/HP-ProLiant-N36L-1-30GHz-Tower-Server-100-Cashback-Offer

They mention its eligible for cashback on the .co.uk site but not the .ie one.

Doesn't matter who you buy it from apparently. The cashback is still valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Just got one from Misco, 297 to the me door.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Ended up buying from hpshop. Still showing 5 remaining.

http://www.hpshop.ie/products.asp?partno=633724421

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Ended up buying from hpshop. Still showing 5 remaining.

http://www.hpshop.ie/products.asp?partno=633724421

Ordered from that site. Got a call a couple of hours later to inform me that they were out of stock :mad: Looks like I missed the boat on this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Serversplus have the next generation @ £199 less £100 cashback, UK only.

http://www.serversplus.com/servers/tower_servers/hp_tower_servers/658553-421

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

dahamsta wrote: »
    Serversplus have the next generation @ £199 less £100 cashback, UK only.

http://www.serversplus.com/servers/tower_servers/hp_tower_servers/658553-421

Just to note it's £199 + VAT + delivery.

I can't see what delivery cost is without registering.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Very tempted again, but with the recent doubling in HDD prices, it'd cost a huge amount to fill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Installed an HD6450 in my MicroServer (running Ubuntu 11.04 Server, no screen attached). According to lm-sensors, it's idling at 60 C. CPU temp is 25 C. Help?

Do-more wrote: »
    Just to note it's £199 + VAT + delivery.

I can't see what delivery cost is without registering.

They don't even deliver here as far as I can see, was just posting for reference in the hope someone would be in a position find out if HP Ireland is going to pull their finger out of their arses on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

dahamsta wrote: »
    They don't even deliver here as far as I can see, was just posting for reference in the hope someone would be in a position find out if HP Ireland is going to pull their finger out of their arses on it.

Heh no problems dude your post clearly stated it was UK only, I was only trying to figure out what the total cost would be to get it delivered to a family member in the UK and forwarded on to me. Probably academic any way as I doubt I can stretch to it this month in any case... :(

invest4deepvalue.com

I'm filling out this claim form now but I have a question.

Would it be okay if I printed off my invoice and took pictures of all the labels on the box and printed them off. Then sent it all in together?

I dont think I will be able to peel off the labels off the box which contain product numbers. THey will just rip to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

I'm filling out this claim form now but I have a question.

Would it be okay if I printed off my invoice and took pictures of all the labels on the box and printed them off. Then sent it all in together?

I dont think I will be able to peel off the labels off the box which contain product numbers. THey will just rip to pieces.

You just write down the serial number from the Server on the claim form. You dont need to give them the actual sticker...lol

I got a confirmation email back from HP today saying the cheque is on the way.

So the Dabs.ie invoice worked just fine. :D

Let's hope the Euro still exist when the cheque arrives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Are these still available?

cork45 wrote: »
    Are these still available?

Might be, but the cashback deal is finished...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Got the cheque this morning for €120. Thanks OP!

Took about 5-6 weeks to process altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭garvm

degsie wrote: »
    Might be, but the cashback deal is finished...

New deal now available on the next generation model (G7 N40L). Order between 1 and 30 November 201 for €120 cashback.

Dabs.ie have it in stock for €275.55, so that €155.55 after cashback.
    http://goo.gl/2haUN

Cashback claim form here
    http://goo.gl/5d5xZ

Nicely spotted garvm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

Would someone mind answering a few questions about this for me?

I've been looking for a 4-bay NAS device to stream 1080p content by ethernet to my XBMC setup. Will this do the job?

The specs say that this has a 150w power supply. Given that i would most likely have it on all the time, is there any way i can limit it to run at close to idle?

Having not ever set up or even used a server before, how exactly to i access it? Is there much setting up to do?

I have tons more questions but these would probably be my main worries. Thanks.

Advertisement