Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP ProLiant MicroServer

Options
1676869707173»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭PJtharsaile

How much RAM? Storage? You'll need a spec of some kind to get any offers, surely. I have an N54L with 16Gb of ECC RAM that works well as a file server but doesn't really have the horses to run a few VMs so I'm interested in upgrading at some point. Could be interested in a 2nd hand box.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Muttly

SickBoy wrote: »
    I have one of these, Gen 8 I think. Barely ever used. Bought a Synology instead.
    Based in Limerick, open to reasonable offers.
    What're you thinking is a reasonable offer? I could be interested. What spec is on it/whats included?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

corkmans1 wrote: »
    Was looking at the Gen 10 myself for a home lab but might be interested in the Gen 8 myself as only getting started, pm me the details/price.

Gen10 doesn't come with iLO - which is basically a deal killer if you want to put it away and never look at it bar the time you want to add/replace storage.

Does anyone know if it finally comes with UEFI boot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Muttly wrote: »
    What're you thinking is a reasonable offer? I could be interested. What spec is on it/whats included?

Hewlett Packard Enterprise ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 2.3GHz G1610T 200W Ultra Micro Tower

Has additional FDD to SATA power adapter to install SSD in Optical area. There's no optical drive by default in these.

Has no storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

PMing is your friend folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

Thanks for all the messages. I'll work out exactly what the specs (and HDDs) are and post details. There's obviously a health market for them, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

The asking price for these second hand is insane. I bought my first one for 170 euro. Some guy on adverts is asking for 500 euro for a gen8. Insane.

You'd buy a synology/qnap new for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

TBi wrote: »
    The asking price for these second hand is insane. I bought my first one for 170 euro. Some guy on adverts is asking for 500 euro for a gen8. Insane.

I wouldn't take anything that happens on Adverts as being indicative of usual or reasonable market behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

In fairness it depends.
    The base system has a poor dual core CPU, 4GB of ram and no storage.

I've added a much better quad core cpu and 8Gb of ram to mine, not including the potential price of 4 x disk drives, memory upgrades, extra DVD drive etc.
    All of which could power a small company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

rgodard80a wrote: »
    In fairness it depends.
    The base system has a poor dual core CPU, 4GB of ram and no shortage.

I've added a much better quad core cpu and 8Gb of ram to mine, not including the potential price of 4 x disk drives, memory upgrades, extra DVD drive etc.
    All of which could power a small company.

Are you talking about a microserver? Can you show me where there is no shortage of Gen8 microservers? I'd love to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭Tow

You can get a Gen 10 for €370 in VAT: https://www.senetic.ie/product/873830-421

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Tow wrote: »
    You can get a Gen 10 for €370 in VAT: https://www.senetic.ie/product/873830-421

Gen10, without the iLo, has completely lost its appeal. To me at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

That's not a like for like comparison.
    The gen8s were very flexible in possible configurations. Add 16gb of ram for 120-160 euros, Add a decent CPU for 80-300 euros, etc etc and it's easy to see how they deserve more money.

Biggest thing missing on the gen10 is the ILO, but tbh I didnt use the ILO functionality really ever on gen8 even though it was nice to have in theory

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Can you show me where there is no shortage of Gen8 microservers? I'd love to get one.

Sorry, that was autocorrect.... meant to say "storage" not "shortage".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Old thread but all on it have got Bargains from it :)

Anyone see any deals for the HP MicroServer Gen10 Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Old thread but all on it have got Bargains from it :)

Anyone see any deals for the HP MicroServer Gen10 Plus?
    Haven't seen where to buy one of those. Currently no "plus/Intel" based available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

chonix wrote: »
    Haven't seen where to buy one of those. Currently no "plus/Intel" based available.
    Don't see the 'budget'ness of the past with these prices (yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Don't see the 'budget'ness of the past with these prices (yet)

Yeah, I still have the Gen 8, and upgraded the CPU and ram... it was an absolute bargain at around €150? or so a few years ago with the cashback.

Advertisement