Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Filthy atheists stealing our Christmas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Sarky wrote: »
    Christmas became so much more fun once I gave up all that midnight mass stuff.

While my parents and sister are off praying for renewed family ties through the magic of kneeling down and not talking to eachother, I'm with my two brothers actually renewing family ties through the magic of the pint-volume white russian, large cuban cigars and that classic film that teaches us the TRUE meaning of the season, Die Hard.

NEWSFLASH: Atheists team up with Commies to steal Christmas!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ShooterSF wrote: »
    NEWSFLASH: Atheists team up with Commies to steal Christmas!

Don't you know atheists ARE the commies?

Good Christians are capitalists, duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Christmas became so much more fun once I gave up all that midnight mass stuff.
    I used to hate mass at christmas. My "catholic" parents used to make me and my brother go to mass even though they hadn't gone in about 20 years. They gave up making us go on sunday, but persisted with christmas for a few more years :(
    Can't think of a worse thing to make a kid do. Give them a load of new toys and tell them they can't play with them till they're back from an hour of mass.

In fact, if hell does exist, it's a never ending session of mass on christmas day on one of those poxy uncomfortable wooden church benches.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

just quote jeremiah 10 at them
    Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen.... For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Yes, it's out of context. No, I don't care, because it's funny :D

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    *muppets vid*

Along with Die Hard and, the last few years, Bad Santa, I watch that film every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah, Bad Santa. I love that film just for adding the phrase "you won't be able to sh*t straight for a week" to my repertoire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Political correctness gone maaaaaaaadd!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

tricky D wrote: »
    Remind me now please, which festivals was Xmas robbed from?

Something to do with the Winter Solstice, some old Pagan Festival. No evidence at all that Jesus was born around December 25th. (not much evidence that he was born any other time either but we'll leave that for now).

But if I met Jesus now I would thank him for all those delicious Christmas dinners and the hot port and brandy and the few days off work. Cheers Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Bad Santa is an EPIC movie!

Sarky - your festivities sound quite spectacular. Good job kind sir. This will be my first year out of the country so I will be celebrating Christmas with my girlfriend and her family. It will probably be my second ever white Christmas too. Sweet! Likewise, while they are out visting their local church I will be getting stuck in to a bottle of Midleton and some turkey & ham sammichs with YR sauce, and a bit of salt and mustard too.

If anyone complains about you celebrating family time (that's essentially what this is, a family holiday) - say to them that Christians stole Christmas from the Pagans thanks to Constantine. It was a Pagan holiday before they came along. That usually shuts people up. Christ was born in March/April timeframe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'm just tell them I'm quite comfortable with being a hypocrite ;)

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Along with Die Hard and, the last few years, Bad Santa, I watch that film every year.

My Christmas Movie List:
    Die Hard
    Muppet Christmas Carol
    Bad Santa
    Scrooged
    Elf

:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Only pegged Die Hard 2 as the greatest Christmas movie ever on my Facebook a couple of weeks ago. :D

I hated Bad Santa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Dades wrote: »
    I hated Bad Santa.

Witch! Burn her! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 New_Flash

....the TRUE meaning of the season, Die Hard.

Amen Brother!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTyw6cq86kY

Dades wrote: »
    Only pegged Die Hard 2 as the greatest Christmas movie ever on my Facebook a couple of weeks ago. :D

Die hard 2? Ahead of Die Hard 1?

Madness. Bad Santa I can understand, but Die Hard 2 better than 1?

Die Hard 1 symbolises Christmas perfectly. Meet up with family (wife). See some people you don't want to see (terrorists). Play a few games (big shoot-outs). Bit of an argument over what to watch on telly (blow up the roof of a building). Have a laugh (Ho Ho Ho now I have a machine gun). Eat and drink too much (Ellis taking too much coke). And just sit around and do nothing (most of the hostages and Argyle in the limo)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was Jesus born on 25th December? Then why is the new year a few days later? Ever think that Jesus may have been born on the 1st of January, and that the 25th is just a pagan festival that the christains took over?

Usually shuts them up :P

=-=

I celebrate birthdays, easters, chrimbo, St Patricks International Irish Drinking Day, and one or two other yearly festivals.

Remember as well that pastafarians celebrate "Holiday" around that time of year too and anyone who wishes you "Happy Holidays" is in fact (probably) referring to said celebrations. And as Holiday is celebrated by many more than christmas, including the White House and more recently Thomas the Tank Engine I could suggest that atheists (and commies) are actually stealing Holiday instead. Bastards.

Penn wrote: »
    Die hard 2? Ahead of Die Hard 1?
    Not enough snow (or Christmas sweaters) in Die Hard 1 to be truly a Christmas movie!

Sorry - I don't make the rules! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Some great Festivus movies being suggested here. But the thread is missing:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iguana wrote: »

Grrr. Even as a kid I sat through that film questioning what constitutes after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

MrPudding wrote: »
    Hi all,

I thought I would get this one over with nice an early this year so we can all relax and enjoy our winter holiday.

So, blah blah blah, you don't believe in jesus so why do you celebrate CHRISTmas blah blah blah, you are such a hypocrite, blah blah blah, CHRISTmas is for CHRISTians, blah blah blah, CHRISTmas much be crap in your house 'cos you are a filthy atheist and don't believe in anything, blah blah blah.

Please chip in if I missed anything.

MrP

Playing the victims again. :rolleyes:

Knasher wrote: »
    I don't see any foxholes. :pac:

They looked like they were on their hols.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This calls for a random picture.

introducing-mr-wtf.jpg

This calls for a random picture.

introducing-mr-wtf.jpg

I'd wear sunglasses next time if I were you

Sooo, Die Hard or Die Hard II?

I know Christians play the victim card often and it can be difficult to tell especially with the subtle genius of Mr. P's original post but it was actually a parody! I know I know, when realised it my face was like :eek: too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Parody? Isn't that, like, one of the sacraments or something?

Advertisement