Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Ok girls at the risk of getting thrown out of the group, I feel i need to vent my frustration today:mad:. Joined about six weeks ago and found this thread absolutely wonderful, inspiring, great tips, great receipies etc. etc. I religiously log in about five times a day because it gives me support to keep going with the plan. :) However the last two weeks have been anything but inspirational:(. I completley understand that people have bad days, been there done that, and for me this thread is what keeps me going on those bad days. Some of us will gain weight some weeks, others will loose, others will stay the same - no matter what the result the positivity on the thread was great.:D But for some reason for the last two weeks when others have 'fallen off the wagon', instead of motivating stories to get going again, there have been two many 'me too, me too, me too':(. And it hasnt just been 'me too, I had three bars of chocolate this week, it's 'me too, i ate the whole chip shop full of stuff!

So why are we on this thread, why am I ranting at everyone this morning??? We are all on this same journey, we all want to look good, feel good, be healthy. No matter what life throws at you, if you are healthy and feel good within yourself then you can deal with anything. Just think of the best feeling you have ever had, you can feel this every day when you look in the mirror. I havnt been out socially for nearly two years now, frightening I know!! I want to go out again, I want to start enjoying life, I want to start enjoying clothes again! I havent been loosing 2.5 lbs or 3lbs every week, I have to work extremely hard to loose 1lb but I am determined to keep going. So come on girls, get your acts together and start doing it for yourselves!! :D[/QUOTE

I have to agree with the others here, if we did not have our 'ups and downs' we would not be struggling with our weight at all, and would have reached goal a long time ago (for those that are in WW a while).

I posted that last night as I was feeling quite p***** off with myself and was trying to motivate myself to get back on track, it took a lot for me to be so honest-with myself as well as with readers of this thread, when I listed the reasons why I joined WW in the first place (a tool used by some WW leaders to motivate people).

I will be honest here and say I didn't particularly appreciate you quoting my, and only my 'fallen off the bandwagon' post, when I had expressed my feelings as honestly as I could.

While I partly agree with what you say, in particular your last comment about doing it for ourselves etc, I do think that this thread is for us users to moan some days, and other days be positive and inspirational.

I do hope everyone is doing well this week, and lets stride to shed some of these pounds for Christmas!!

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Hi readers,

So im heading back to WW tonight.....

Im currently trying to concieve with little success and had a consultant appoinment today again which has made me join WW tonight! Every test has come back normal so all he is putting it down to is my weight.

So here i am..... starting a new road and looking to loose 3 stone in five months - so how do able is this?

Any handy hints out there????

i need all the nelp i can get. i struggle with the food as im so unadventurous!!

Hey Nicki!
    Welcome to the thread!

My first bit of advice would be to stay for the meeting, it will motivate you. I would suggest when you get home do a shopping list of all the stuff you think you will need to begin your WW journey.
    Try plan your meals for the next few days, so you can do up a shopping list. If you have a sweet tooth consider buying low point stuff to try help with the cravings, Curly Wurlys are great or low fat yogurts etc.

Most definitely TRACK everything that goes in your mouth from tomorrow, and try do a bit of exercise if you can!

*walks feebly away and tells herself to start following her own advice!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Danii86 wrote: »
    Evening all! So this is my 1st day bac on track after a disasterous weekend:( but all is gud so far, stil hav 4pp left 4 2nyt n I'm off 2 the cinema 2nyt but dnt think I'll have anything, trying to stay away from choc n sweets etc this week so anybody know how many pp wud b in a small cinema size fanta?
    Act nother lil question how do I get her daylies? I can't reset my calculator 2 get her points

Danii, if you push a pen or needle into the 'reset' button on the back of the calculator it'll reset and you can calculate her points. Also, a 30g bag of Manhattan popcorn is 4pp, why don't you bring one with you and get a can of diet coke/orange/7up - then your cinema trip will only cost you the 4pp you have left x
    Ok girls at the risk of getting thrown out of the group, I feel i need to vent my frustration today:mad:. Joined about six weeks ago and found this thread absolutely wonderful, inspiring, great tips, great receipies etc. etc. I religiously log in about five times a day because it gives me support to keep going with the plan. :) However the last two weeks have been anything but inspirational:(. I completley understand that people have bad days, been there done that, and for me this thread is what keeps me going on those bad days. Some of us will gain weight some weeks, others will loose, others will stay the same - no matter what the result the positivity on the thread was great.:D But for some reason for the last two weeks when others have 'fallen off the wagon', instead of motivating stories to get going again, there have been two many 'me too, me too, me too':(. And it hasnt just been 'me too, I had three bars of chocolate this week, it's 'me too, i ate the whole chip shop full of stuff!

So why are we on this thread, why am I ranting at everyone this morning??? We are all on this same journey, we all want to look good, feel good, be healthy. No matter what life throws at you, if you are healthy and feel good within yourself then you can deal with anything. Just think of the best feeling you have ever had, you can feel this every day when you look in the mirror. I havnt been out socially for nearly two years now, frightening I know!! I want to go out again, I want to start enjoying life, I want to start enjoying clothes again! I havent been loosing 2.5 lbs or 3lbs every week, I have to work extremely hard to loose 1lb but I am determined to keep going. So come on girls, get your acts together and start doing it for yourselves!! :D

That's the kick up the arse that I needed before posting what I was going to post!!!! Going to hang on to the fact that that friggin' size 14 dress fits me, and wish everyone the very best of luck for their WI's this week x I do think that people wouldn't be honest with themselves if every post was a 'oooh I had a great week', the venting helps too because to me it's like tracking - I can read back over a post and it makes me face up to it. Even though it's not nice to read, it's comforting in a way to know that someone else knows what you're going through and that you can vent to others instead of confiding in the biscuit tin :) But yeah, a lot of us seem to have the same issues this week - onwards and downwards girls, we can do it x

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah I was annoyed with my weight going up this morning, completely ignoring the fact that I wore a size 12 skirt for the first time in about 3 years last night!

Looking forward to my meeting tomorrow actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hi readers,

Im currently trying to concieve with little success and had a consultant appoinment today again which has made me join WW tonight! Every test has come back normal so all he is putting it down to is my weight.

So here i am..... starting a new road and looking to loose 3 stone in five months - so how do able is this?

i need all the nelp i can get. i struggle with the food as im so unadventurous!!

Welcome on board! M'lady gave great advice there but also I would say thinking about 3 stones in five months is a hard to get your head around. Everything and anything is possible but an elephant always seems enormous if you tried to eat in one go, when small and steady can get the same results. Start off with small targets and mini goals. Christmas is 9 weeks away *sorry to say people :o* so I'm aiming for 9 pounds, A pound a week. If it happens fantastic, if it happens faster amazeballs, if it doesn't thats also ok as I know I'm trying and I'm enjoying the journey!! Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

So I have a question. I see a lot of people talking about their post WI binge. I used to do this all the time when I was on the regular points and Im sure it was a huge detriment as I probably spent most of the week losing what I put on during my binge. What Im wondering is are you guys doing what I used to do or is it a controlled binge using up weekly points?

I have my first weigh in today and I suppose because I have conditioned myself to want a treat, thats all I can think about! So I was kind of thinking if I have something within my weekly allowance it might be OK, I could be treading in dangerous territory here, because I know that was a major downfall when I was on WW before.

I forgot, I meant to reply to this too. What I did last week was STOP the post-WI binge. I will probably be shot for this, but I sat down & went through my trackers and it started to not make sense to sit in a meeting, get all motivated, then go and stuff myself on a Thursday evening. If I do want something 'naughty', I've started to go for a packet of Skips (2pp) or old faithful curly wurly (3pp) on a Thursday night instead. Also been trying to come up with healthier things that FEEL bad, without being bad - last week I did one portion of Uncle Ben's rice, stir-fried a chicken fillet and loads of veg and added 1tsp of curry powder and some water - felt like a chinese!

Creamy Italian Chicken

Works out at 7pp per portion and then I add 40g of brown rice or baby potatoes and maybe some turnip and carrot mash, so big dinner for 11pp. The accompaniment is whatever you prefer. I know it's using something convienient like a tinned soup which maybe a little high in salt etc, but I get home late enough and it can be ready in about 20 mins.....this is a good thing :p

2 Chicken Breasts
    2 cloves Garlic
    Full white onion
    Mushrooms
    Brocoli
    Can of Campbells Condensed Soup Chicken or Mushroom (low fat variety)
    60g Tesco Light Garlic and Herb Cheese
    Optional italian seasoning herbs or I have used fresh thyme and tis lovely :)

Lightly fry off the onions then mushrooms until soft and browned in some fry light, and add diced chicken breasts or leave whole which ever you prefer. Fry off chicken until browned...ish (well not pink anymore).

Add in minced/chopped garlic. With the soup I use it all and then only add in another half can of water rather than a full can to keep sauce thick in a jug and I stir in 60g of the cream cheese.

Add in brocoli to pot at this point just before sauce so it's still a little firm at end.

Add in sauce and leave simmering in pot for about 10 mins or so. If using breasts you can put in dish and bake in oven at about 200 degrees for about 15-20 mins.

Voila, serve with brown rice or potatoes etc, whatever you prefer. Makes a good amount and this is ppointed based on 2 portions and 2 people. It's my boyfriends favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Danii, if you push a pen or needle into the 'reset' button on the back of the calculator it'll reset and you can calculate her points. Also, a 30g bag of Manhattan popcorn is 4pp, why don't you bring one with you and get a can of diet coke/orange/7up - then your cinema trip will only cost you the 4pp you have left

Ya that's wot I did, I got 2 the cinema early so nipped in2 tescos got my self some popcorn n a small bottle of diet 7up, happy days, wasn't even tempted by the choc r sweets that my 2 friends hav!!

1st WI is soon, hopin 4 sum sort of a loss, I'd b happy wit evn 1lb!! Bu iv been very gud yesterday n 2day so hopefully I'll stick on track this week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hi readers,

Welcome :) Firstly I agree with m'lady definitely stay for your meeting. That is where I've fallen down over the summer big time and also you're paying a tenner a week so may as well make the most of it! Take it one stone at a time. Even a stone gone will make a big difference towards your health. Go back over some of the pages here and you'll get some ideas for foods. I'm a picky eater but I found some great ideas on here over the weekend. Don't be afraid to tweak recipes to your liking. Good luck with the journey!
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Yeah I was annoyed with my weight going up this morning, completely ignoring the fact that I wore a size 12 skirt for the first time in about 3 years last night!

Looking forward to my meeting tomorrow actually.

Well done on your NSV. When I fell off the wagon, I had to remind myself that for the first time since my early teens, I'm wearing size 12 dresses. Think of the positives and the losses will come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Hey guys and girls... welcome to the newbies!! I'm only here 8weeks and I am down 17lb feel great and am nearly sickened with the taughts of what I used to have to eat! If i can do it anybody can!!

Did everyone have a fun weekend or find anything new for us to try??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lost two pounds today! Weighed in slightly earlier today so that might have made a difference. Hoping this week will go well - onwards and downwards!!

xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mypanda

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking here all week and am seriously thinking about joining WW. Honestly I think the stories and tips on here are great, the support people have for each other is a breath of fresh air!!
    Anyway since my 20s when I was as thin as a rake, I started yo yo dieting, unfortunately that rake is no more!!! I have tried every diet known to man, atkins, south beach, cabbage soup.....etc!! Anytime I start I diet I last a few days nad then go on a mighty binge. I don't do well on low carb, I love simple foods like porridge, fruit and bread. However I also like chocolate...ALOT!!
    DO you think WW online would work for me? I hate cooking and find no pleasure whatsoever in it so my typical evening meal would be beans on toast or scrambled eggs on toast.
    Any thoughts most welcome.
    Thanks in advance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 libby82

`was up .5 so not so bad!
    one thing our class is finishing up on d 13th of dec and not back till the 3rd of jan!!
    i think we ll all need this thread over that eriod to keep on the straight and narrow! ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 WW Queen

Evening all,

We're doing a healthy eating week at work and one of the dietitians gave this "cocktail" for detox.

2 litres of green tea (I made mine with 3 teabags)
    juice of 1 lemon, orange and lime.

Can be drank hot or cold and will keep in fridge for up to 5 days.

Must say started on it yesterday and its going down nicely. I've tried drinking green tea before but have sometimes found it a bit bitter but with the fresh fruit juices mixed in its quite nice. Also reckon for the 2 litres is can't be too high in points. From what I make out the lime and lemon juice would be free and if there is a point for 1 orange juiced reckon it would be minimal over the 2 litres and drank over 2 days! - granted I stand to be corrected from the more knowledgeable on here :D

Was up a half 2nyt, kind of expected, but fairly unherd of 4 the 1st week I reckon!! Definatly not allowing myself any post WI treats 2nyt, tho I did hav a massive dinner all 4 only 11pp...had a lamb steak which came in @7pp n was a fairly gud size, noodles 4 4pp and a massive heap of stir fry veggies wit loadsa ginger n some soy sauce!! Really filling and satisfying!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Danii86 wrote: »
    Was up a half 2nyt, kind of expected, but fairly unherd of 4 the 1st week I reckon!! Definatly not allowing myself any post WI treats 2nyt, tho I did hav a massive dinner all 4 only 11pp...had a lamb steak which came in @7pp n was a fairly gud size, noodles 4 4pp and a massive heap of stir fry veggies wit loadsa ginger n some soy sauce!! Really filling and satisfying!!!

I was up 0.5lb at my first WI but I've gone on to lose nearly 2 stone so don't be disheartened. My leader said at the time that's its more common than thought to put up a little bit on your first WI as you're only getting used to the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey all! Haven't been on in a while, loving hearing about all the NSV's on here! Just wanna say to all the "fallen off the wagon" people, it gets better!! For the last six weeks or so I've been up .5, down .75, up 1.5 etc etc but two weeks ago I got my ass in Gear, tracked like a demon, doubled my exercise and it totally paid off, I was down 2.5 last week and 1.25 last Friday! That got me my third silver 7 and over the weekend I was actually happy with the pictures that the girls took when we were out! :D first time ever that's happened! So that's my two cents, hope it helped motivate somebody some little bit! :D

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I was up 0.5lb at my first WI but I've gone on to lose nearly 2 stone so don't be disheartened. My leader said at the time that's its more common than thought to put up a little bit on your first WI as you're only getting used to the programme.

Iv dne WW b4 n usualy do quite well the 1st week, but I really couldn't get into last week, I had jus started a new job and had a really busy week outside work runnin around the place, but iv settled down a bit now and hav been on track 2day and yest

Had my meeting earlier and was down 2 lbs, and have no idea how! Anyway am gonna just track and exercise this week like a demon!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just back from a gym and swim to atone for the sins/sausages of last night!

I had a delicious stir fry for dinner. As follows:

100g beef strips - 3pt
    75g Sharwood's Oyster Sauce - 3pt
    Portion of Sharwood's Straight to Wok Thai noodles - 5pt

So I used lots of zero point veg and I don't need oil as I have a really good pan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Well ladies,
    Havent been around here for a while, but weighed in tonight and im up half a pound!

Could have been much worse actually.

So now that the winter is coming quick, (its frickin freezing out there!),
    any good soup recipes?

And I know my smoothies are getting really boring; mainly made of rasberries; if anyone has some yummy smoothie ideas that would be great!

Im determined to get back on track.. Im 5lbs away from goal now..

Oh, Ive also come up with a great little exercise plan! I go about an hour early to my ww meeting and go for a jog/walk.. Really is working as Im kinda motivated because im in the mindset before the meeting!
    Hard to explain, but I needed a serious kick up the backside and hopefully I can do well this week!

x

Went shopping today and bought the most beautiful dress. Only problem is that the zip doesn't fully go up, there's about an inch left. But it's very good motivation for me, I am determined to fit into it as soon as possible because it's so nice. So now whenever I want to just give up I am going to think of the dress and hopefully I will be able to pull through. It's kinda tight on me around the waist and the bust so I'm hoping another half stone will get me into it! fingers crossed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

m'lady wrote: »
    Had my meeting earlier and was down 2 lbs, and have no idea how! Anyway am gonna just track and exercise this week like a demon!

M'lady just to clear this up, you were not the target of my earlier comment today. If u look back on the threads several people quoted 'falling off the wagon'. There was no personal reference to anyone intended. It was just getting to s point where it was like a case of 'if the ship is sinking we might as well all go down together'. Anyway looks like you didnt' hit the ground too hard when you fell off, well done on your weight loss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey guys - so 2 days in and I'm finding it not too bad although I am craving more flavour in my dinners - I've had fish the last 2 nights and while it's nice and everything and I season with black pepper it's still very bland so I think that may be why I'm not satisfied - any ideas on how to make something more flavourful without adding points or any recipes for meals full of flavour but low on calories??!

Thanks!

I'm determined to stick it out though!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi everyone

Jus been readin thru all the latest posts..

regarding falling off the wagon.. i defo agree the thread is needed for a good rant it helps to clense one for the better attempt at the next week.. in my opinion anyways.. I have been so positive last 3 weeks (rejoinin) and i was up.5 the first week dwn 2 and the STS last week.. and iv been good with no alcohol and lots of exercise.. I have also no had a great week but im bringin my WI a day early so i can just draw a line under it and start again!! For some reason i aint seeing the results but im hoping i will evetually.. my body has to react to the goodness soon.. expecting a gain tomorrow but im ok with that as I no wats ahead of me..

Sorry about the mini rant its just wat keeps me going i guess.. i used to dwell on weight loss/gain so much when i was on the programme before.. but when you know you have been doin the right things its bound to show eventually!

Well done on the all the losses so far.. and to those of you that have not stick with it.. plan ahead.. fruit , veggies, soup and low cal chocolate for this week ;)

Will let you all know how WI in

Shell xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 POLKADOTS2011

Hi everyone...just registered on here as have googled pro points stuff in the past few weeks and board.ie always seems to come up so thought this would be the perfect place to chat about all things weight watchers related...lol I started weight watchers about a month ago but im terrible at tracking. I cant afford to actually get membership at the moment so im just following 29 points a day (i know i should be more as i have a lot of weight to lose but have no ideawhat daily i should be on). Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere i can check things like the esource that members have for free like an app or a website?

Hi everyone...just registered on here as have googled pro points stuff in the past few weeks and board.ie always seems to come up so thought this would be the perfect place to chat about all things weight watchers related...lol I started weight watchers about a month ago but im terrible at tracking. I cant afford to actually get membership at the moment so im just following 29 points a day (i know i should be more as i have a lot of weight to lose but have no ideawhat daily i should be on). Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere i can check things like the esource that members have for free like an app or a website?

http://gnomes22.tripod.com/dailypptarget.html

That's the website for calculating for your daily points. You really should as under eating will not help you lose weight. I'm on 44 points a day and I find the weeks I don't eat that much each day I only have small losses.

leahyl wrote: »
    Hey guys - so 2 days in and I'm finding it not too bad although I am craving more flavour in my dinners - I've had fish the last 2 nights and while it's nice and everything and I season with black pepper it's still very bland so I think that may be why I'm not satisfied - any ideas on how to make something more flavourful without adding points or any recipes for meals full of flavour but low on calories??!

Thanks!

I'm determined to stick it out though!

Herbs and spices for sure....they are my saviours! If I'm making dinner for the two of us at home I will generally use a tsp of a couple of things so I don't really point as it's for 2. Then again I stand corrected on that!! But if I'm making something for myself and I throw in a couple of bits I'll point it as 1 always to be on the safe side. For tomato based dishes to go with pasta or chicken you can't beat fresh herbs! Also chilli flakes or a dash of balsamic. I love a few capers to give it a kick as well. For stir fry's etc some of the blue dragon sauces are great and low in points so well worth using, but teriayki or soy sauce can give things a kick and again fresh corriander or ginger. I would defo recommend reading through some recipes. I used to look at a recipe and think hmmm I don't have corriander sure it'll be grand without it and in fairness it's there for the flavour and makes all the difference! Also if making cous cous, rice etc, adding a quarter of a stock cube and some diced onion/sundried tomatoes etc can really help. Spend some time in the spices/herb section of the supermarket and you won't know yourself! Sorry for the long post, but I love cooking :o

If you want to PM me I can check on my calculator later for you! You won't know exactly what pp you are on until then! Also try really hard to track like a demon. It's the best thing you can do as you are accountable for everything you eat in the day!! Even if it's a little notebook keep it in your handbag. For me I do it after every meal and that way I keep on track for the day as I know what I have left etc. Even write down all the 0pp stuff like the fruit you eat just so you know how much you are having. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mags87

Hey all! Ok I have been reading the thread every morning...but alas am also one who has "fallen off the wagon" as we say. I had to change meetings because I had to work during my original one and just really didn't get the leader's style! She is v successful but I just wasn't motivated with her like with my other leader. Anyway I also have my last EVER exam on Saturday so I have been studying solidly for a month, which is not good for the scales! Have tried to be good, sticking to Skips and KitKats for snacks and pittas for lunch but I have no time to cook my own dins so am just making do with what is being cooked in the house and if it is put in front of me - I will eat it! But am having one final bold weekend this weekend and then I am back with a vengeance. I will get a stone off for Christmas. And I WILL get exercise every day. (Sorry just needed a little pep talk to myself there...) Anyway back to the thread convo's ... soups are my speciality! (about the only thing that I'm particularly good at making) Personal faves are Broccolli and spinach and leek potato and garlic..will post recipies next week!
    Best of luck with the rest of the week's weigh ins !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement