Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 purdy nolan

Kayleen wrote: »
    This was happeing to me too.... I was exercising like a lunatic, tracking EVERYTHING and using some of my weeklies and I was either maintaining or losing a half or a pound here and there....SO I had a chat with myself and took a long and serious look at my tracker and noticed that I was offering myself plenty of 'treats' each night just because I had the Propoints for them. I have switched those 'treats' now for fruit and upped my three meals to include more protein and fibre and GUESS WHAT......... I am losing 2 to 2.5lbs consistently

When it really comes down to it we are our own worst enemies!!!!!!!!!!!

Really have me looking at my tracker. I have 5 or 6 points left every night and am using them in chocolate just cause i can.Gonna start uping my main meals. Thanks for making me really think about what i'm eating...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi All

had my WI last nite and was down 2.5lbs so thats 23.5lbs in total - made my 10% last nite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey all, haven't posted in a while, great losses on here recently! Well done all :D
    Just wondering what people do about pointing (or not pointing) leftovers? As in if you weigh out a portion and then don't finish it, do you track less points? Worried I might be over-pointing things!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Stayed the same this week..happy with that as didn't get for even one walk the whole week. This week has started off well..pointing, no cheating, and walks yesterday and today. Have my little boy's Christening on Saturday, so I expect to have a few drinks for the first time in a long time :-) Will write off my weeklies and should be able to get back to exercise classes next week..

Well done on all the great losses gals!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello all!!

Well done on the losses... I wish i could join in and say i lost!!

Im soo frustrated today.. had a good week doing the 5/6 small meals a day within my points every day and maybe 1/2 weeklies and had them treats sat night for rest weeklies.. walked 30mins 6 days, gym twice and vibro plate. And I stayed the same,.. its just getttin to me because its not coming off the way it did the last time and i really feel like im trying hard.. using the points on good food..

Thinking it could be muscle becasue i feel good and my mammy keeps sayin you can notice the iches.. :) its just very disheartening! I was thinking maybe i had too many brown carbs last week.. thinking of cutting that a bit this week to see if that helps.. I will have the same walks (5 or 6) two gym visits and 1hr of TRX training...

Really hoping i start seeing results.. soory about the rant!!

My spirits are still up and I look forward to the challenge ;)

Best of luck for the week,

Shell :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Shelley - good on you for not getting disheartened, you have the right attitude and your body is bound to start responding on the scales soon. Are you tracking your inch loss for an extra bit of motivation?

The only thing I can think is that maybe you are not eating enough, as you have included a lot of exercise. do you use your activity points? I would suggest using all your weeklies if you aren't using your activity points. Also, I found that I had the best weight loss in the weeks where I included protein for breakfast - boiled or poached egg or porrige, and this kept hunger at bay till lunch time, where I could have a substansial lunch.

Hope next week sees a loss for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi all, I'm gonna be starting pro points next week. I don't have an awful lot to lose (I'd be happy with 10 pounds) but would like to have it gone by Christmas - think that's feasible! Hope you don't mind me coming on here:)

I think pro points is a good system - was a bit sceptical at first cos I liked the old way (used to do it a good few years back) but my mum went to one of the meetings last night and picked up all the books and the calculator and it's actually great! Loving the 49 points weekly allowance too - it means I can have a nice meal out every now and again etc.

Hope it works now:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

leahyl wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm gonna be starting pro points next week. I don't have an awful lot to lose (I'd be happy with 10 pounds) but would like to have it gone by Christmas - think that's feasible! Hope you don't mind me coming on here:)

I think pro points is a good system - was a bit sceptical at first cos I liked the old way (used to do it a good few years back) but my mum went to one of the meetings last night and picked up all the books and the calculator and it's actually great! Loving the 49 points weekly allowance too - it means I can have a nice meal out every now and again etc.

Of course you're welcome here. :)

I love the new system too but I did find that I lost no weight for the first two weeks. Since that though it's been falling off nicely. I actually think that just by weighing the food and tracking I am able to eat the same things I always did just smaller portions. Then again I do prefer the healthy foods but I used to eat so much of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Of course you're welcome here. :)

I love the new system too but I did find that I lost no weight for the first two weeks. Since that though it's been falling off nicely. I actually think that just by weighing the food and tracking I am able to eat the same things I always did just smaller portions. Then again I do prefer the healthy foods but I used to eat so much of them.

Yes that's what I'm worried about too - like i know you have to use all your points allowance within the day or otherwise you lose it but then I don't want to be eating stuff just for the sake of using up the points if I'm not hungry. Also I want to steer clear of everything like biscuits, chocolate even if I have enough points left that I can have something like that!

I just want to make sure that I'm eating all the right things but in the right quantities also - too much of anything isn't good!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Wahoo its Friday..

can not wait to get home put on my Roast Chicken and Stuffing Dinner, i think it has to be my best pro points find its an amazing dinner for so little points! and then i must fill a glass of vodka and coke zero nom nom nom! just have to save some for a repeat tomorrow night!

Lazy weekend planned of fires, tv, blankets, hot water bottle! once i get home i don't plan on moving out the door till Monday morning!! If I am feeling any way guilty about my lack of movements i may do some wii fit but that is not a promise!

Have a great weekend guys and girls and chat to you all on Monday :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm on antibiotics at the moment and I'm really not hungry at all. I'm making sure I have the main food groups on my plate but I'm feeling pretty manky after eating. I suppose as long as I eat regularly I'll lose weight still but I was only on 19 points going to bed last night. I'm only on them until Sunday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 WW Queen

Ok half way through day 1 and very happy so far. Cant believe how much I can eat. Before pp I was on 16 pts a day so pp makes a Hugh difference, and reading all the other posts I see everybody is looseing on the new system so happy days :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Ok so I just rejoined WW for like the 800th time on Tuesday. This is my first time on the pro points plan though. Its a bit to get used to because Im used to the old system. Im having a bad night though. Its only 7 and Im out of points, and no Im not actually hungry, but Im bored and thats what usually gets me going! Sorry for the pointless rambling, but Im sure you all understand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 WW Queen

Hi loconnor1001 am a fellow newbie to the Propoints system and am here trawling through this site, the English WW site and the Irish one looking for hints and inspiration.

If you are hungry would you not chomp away on raw carrots or something else free, or maybe take a few from your weekly 49? Still amazed at the amount of food we can eat and can't get over all fruit being free.

Granted an apples never appeals the way a bar of chocotate does :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dandruff_ie

I joined WW last week had not been in a year and only had put 7lbs back on in the year

last week i was given 39 PP's and stuck to it, walked i was a good boy and lost 1lb now i know 1lb is great but then she tells me I should have been on 51 Pro Points not 39 :eek:

I am doing what I should eating my points - I dont know if I will be down this week its just So much food

anyone been where I am ?

I know carrots are the logical choice :mad: I ate a handful of grapes that seemed to help a bit, its not hunger its the habit I suppose. Im fine during the day it just seems to be the evening I get the munchies!

I joined WW last week had not been in a year and only had put 7lbs back on in the year

last week i was given 39 PP's and stuck to it, walked i was a good boy and lost 1lb now i know 1lb is great but then she tells me I should have been on 51 Pro Points not 39 :eek:

I am doing what I should eating my points - I dont know if I will be down this week its just So much food

anyone been where I am ?
    How did they make that mistake? Thats a big difference! The pro points seems good, but the one thing I dont like is not being able to calculate how many points I should be on per day myself. Not a huge deal, but I find it odd thats its not in the book

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dandruff_ie

she put me in as a woman lol trust me it would be hard to make that mistake

but she did lol

she put me in as a woman lol trust me it would be hard to make that mistake

but she did lol

whoops! I would just go with what the points are, I guess eating too few points can slow down the weight loss as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

leahyl wrote: »

Hey, hope this thread helps you as much as it's helping me! Best of luck with it x
    Ok so I just rejoined WW for like the 800th time on Tuesday. This is my first time on the pro points plan though. Its a bit to get used to because Im used to the old system. Im having a bad night though. Its only 7 and Im out of points, and no Im not actually hungry, but Im bored and thats what usually gets me going! Sorry for the pointless rambling, but Im sure you all understand!

Heya, the pro points is great - I was exactly the same as you for the first week or so, had all the points gone by evening and then panicking because I didn't have any left even though I wasn't hungry?! Fruit is great for night-time munchies! You can calculate what points you're meant to be on with the calculator, I can't remember how to do it but the instructions are in the box if you have it - I'll have a look and see if I can find mine :)

• Advertisement

I ate like half of my weekly allowance tonight. I tried fruit and carrots, and then of course once I started I didn't stop...Very disappointed about that, but oh well. Do you still lose weight if you use the weekly allowance or just kind of stay the same? Seems like a lot of food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done on all the losses this week and welcome to the newbies :)

I fell off the wagon yet again. It seems to be a recurring theme in my life lately. Just can't get my mojo back. After reading the here about after WI treats and the amount of points used on treats I've realised that a major part of my problem is both those things. My after WI treats have seen some very bad old habits sneak back and it needs to stop. So far this week I've been good and have done exercise so hope to see a loss next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I ate like half of my weekly allowance tonight. I tried fruit and carrots, and then of course once I started I didn't stop...Very disappointed about that, but oh well. Do you still lose weight if you use the weekly allowance or just kind of stay the same? Seems like a lot of food!

Most people are different when it come to using your weeklies. The official line is that your daily points + weeklies = 1-2 lbs loss a week. Some people here have found that if they use all their weeklies then they sts and others find if they don't use them they won't lose.

Regarding tonight, I would track everything and if you have used half your weeklies then so be it. Just get back on track tomorrow. It will be worse if you don't track :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Most people are different when it come to using your weeklies. The official line is that your daily points + weeklies = 1-2 lbs loss a week. Some people here have found that if they use all their weeklies then they sts and others find if they don't use them they won't lose.

Regarding tonight, I would track everything and if you have used half your weeklies then so be it. Just get back on track tomorrow. It will be worse if you don't track :)

I have absolutely tracked everything, so at least there is that. I didn't stay for the meeting last week to find out about the new pro points because I didn't have time, but I will be doing so next week. My weigh in is on Tuesday so at least I am half way through the week. Hoping to get some exercise in this weekend and stay on track and keep away from my weekly allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

went totaly off the wagon myself 2day...seems 2 b the day for i it wud seem....gona try get bac on track tomorrow....dnt want to be faultering on my 1st week!!

btw that system 10 ad thats popin up @ the bottom of the page....my friend is ciara from cork thats doin it , dono what the programme entails as such bu exticed to see how she gets on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey all,,

I usually use my weeklies over a fri/sat nights too try track as best you can and move on.. dwelling can nearly jeopardise an entire week :)

@Kaytee.. your prob right about not eating enough.. i always have protein for breakfast and i dnt really use the points to snack either i dunno whats goin on :)

Anyways im bloody injured now have sever muscle pain in both calfs.. ine more so than the other.. workin all weekend so will just have a few walks nothing to strenuous so hopefully by monday it might blow over.. really hoping its nothing too serious!!

Enjoy the weekend eveyone x

I always have all my weeklies gone by Saturday or Sunday. I find if I track them honestly, track for the rest of the week honestly, weigh portions and get exercise in, and stay within points, I'll still have a loss - used 23 weeklies on a few drinks tonight, not worried about them at all because I tracked them, just be careful if you're using them on drink - the hangover can kick in and make you pick bad choices the next day. Don't worry, just stay within your points!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

anyone been where I am ?

It can slow your weightloss if you are not eating enough. If you think that you have way too many points, try spending them on healthy food and healthy fats like avocado and oily fish. Bulk up your meals with more protein and even the veg that have points like parsnips, peas and sweetcorn.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Gally05

sorry guy this might be completly off topic now .. but i have a bit of a problem !!!
    im using the pro points system for the last 5 week and been doing really well but ... next week im travelling all over the country with work and will be stayin in hotel etc ..so i just dunno how im gona manage my food ...any idea's anybody ???

• Advertisement

Just wanted to give people a little boost - my friend got married this day last year. I had to buy a size 20 dress, I look insanely miserable in all the photos.

Went into a shop today and bought a maxi dress in a 14 to spur me on - brought it home and it fit me. I've been going round all day with a stupid grin on my face, I'm so happy - guys, please, don't give up - I've been big since I was a teenager, if I can do it anyone can. Track like hell and enjoy the weekend, if you feel like you want to give up, please don't. Moments like this make it much, much easier to turn down the offer of a chinese (like I did a few minutes ago, wonders will never cease). We can all do it together xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement