Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

mags87 wrote: »
    ... soups are my speciality! (about the only thing that I'm particularly good at making) Personal faves are Broccolli and spinach and leek potato and garlic..will post recipies next week!
    Best of luck with the rest of the week's weigh ins !

OOH would love to get recipes for these!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Hi everyone...just registered on here as have googled pro points stuff in the past few weeks and board.ie always seems to come up so thought this would be the perfect place to chat about all things weight watchers related...lol I started weight watchers about a month ago but im terrible at tracking. I cant afford to actually get membership at the moment so im just following 29 points a day (i know i should be more as i have a lot of weight to lose but have no ideawhat daily i should be on). Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere i can check things like the esource that members have for free like an app or a website?

Hi Poldadots2011, I use the iWatchr app. You can track your propoints, save favourites, track weeklies etc. and it only costs .79c

Good Luck

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Herbs and spices for sure....they are my saviours! If I'm making dinner for the two of us at home I will generally use a tsp of a couple of things so I don't really point as it's for 2. Then again I stand corrected on that!! But if I'm making something for myself and I throw in a couple of bits I'll point it as 1 always to be on the safe side. For tomato based dishes to go with pasta or chicken you can't beat fresh herbs! Also chilli flakes or a dash of balsamic. I love a few capers to give it a kick as well. For stir fry's etc some of the blue dragon sauces are great and low in points so well worth using, but teriayki or soy sauce can give things a kick and again fresh corriander or ginger. I would defo recommend reading through some recipes. I used to look at a recipe and think hmmm I don't have corriander sure it'll be grand without it and in fairness it's there for the flavour and makes all the difference! Also if making cous cous, rice etc, adding a quarter of a stock cube and some diced onion/sundried tomatoes etc can really help. Spend some time in the spices/herb section of the supermarket and you won't know yourself! Sorry for the long post, but I love cooking :o

Thanks a million Maggie May - yeah you're right herbs are pretty handy alright but I'd probably normally use the dried herbs and you have to point them but they're not that much so I could use them! I'm trying to eat more fish but it can be bland if it isn't flavoured properly - I like a little bit of mayo on top of cod or salmon (I'd only have a skim with a knife but it makes a world of difference!). I have always loved my gravy also so it's hard not to have it as much but I know I can factor it into my points - we have 29 like!

I have loads of different dried herbs and spices in the cupboard so no excuses!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks a million Maggie May - yeah you're right herbs are pretty handy alright but I'd probably normally use the dried herbs and you have to point them but they're not that much so I could use them! I'm trying to eat more fish but it can be bland if it isn't flavoured properly - I like a little bit of mayo on top of cod or salmon (I'd only have a skim with a knife but it makes a world of difference!). I have always loved my gravy also so it's hard not to have it as much but I know I can factor it into my points - we have 29 like!

I have loads of different dried herbs and spices in the cupboard so no excuses!:D

Ooooooo on Cod I like to sprinkle a little curry powder, a little goes a long way and then spray with fry light gives a really nice crust to it and I love a bit of a curry taste. I usually have this with green lentils. You can get them in Tesco, 3pp for half a tin. I fry off some diced red onion, courgette/ mushroom/peppers whichever you prefer, then like a quarter/half tin of chopped tomatoes, garlic and fresh corriander. Sometimes I leave it like this or add in 30g tesco extra light cream cheese to make it creamy depending on the humour. Served with some broccoli or BNS chips and your laughing with a dinner for about 8-9pp. You have me hungry now! Going to try the mayo on top thanks for the tip :)

Also my 2 cents I reckon fresh herbs can give it a whole new flavour rather than dried, bit expensive though if buying alot, but they are also 0pp. Dried are defo handy though....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Hi Leahyl, Green Isle have frozen herbs in a packet & are perfect for adding flavour to soups sauces. So far I have come across basil, corriander, parsley and garlic. You will find them in the frozen foods section. Honestly I just assumed they were 0pp but will look at the pack this evening (didnt know dried herbs carried pp).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ProPoints in dried herbs! Didn't spot that in the book. I'd rarely use a tablespoon's worth to be honest but still :eek:

Going to be up 1 to 1.5lb this evening, but my measurements are down, and next week what I've put on will be gone again. So I'm not going to stress it. It's a journey on a back road, not the motorway! ;)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    ProPoints in dried herbs! Didn't spot that in the book. I'd rarely use a tablespoon's worth to be honest but still :eek:

Going to be up 1 to 1.5lb this evening, but my measurements are down, and next week what I've put on will be gone again. So I'm not going to stress it. It's a journey on a back road, not the motorway! ;)

Oh gosh like I said I stand to be corrected but I thought that anything up to a tablespoon was 0pp after that you have to point it, same with spices??? I use alot :) Maybe someone more knowledgeable can clear it up :D

Oh gosh like I said I stand to be corrected but I thought that anything up to a tablespoon was 0pp after that you have to point it, same with spices??? I use alot :) Maybe someone more knowledgeable can clear it up :D

Yeah, it says anything up to a tablespoon is free.

Just think it's weird that they have points is all!

Just checked WW booklet thing and it's 1 point for a tbsp of dried herbs so you're right - up to a tbsp is 0pp but I'd prob use way more than that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Celeriac and Garlic Soup

Hi there, I made this the other day and it was absolutely delicious and 0pp. Just peeled and chopped up a celeriac, 1 onion, 5 cloves of garlic and put into a pot with veg stock just to cover and some salt & pepper. Cook until soft and blend.. very tasty, filling and different for those who like a change!!

• Advertisement

brightstar wrote: »
    Celeriac and Garlic Soup

Hi there, I made this the other day and it was absolutely delicious and 0pp. Just peeled and chopped up a celeriac, 1 onion, 5 cloves of garlic and put into a pot with veg stock just to cover and some salt & pepper. Cook until soft and blend.. very tasty, filling and different for those who like a change!!

Sounds fab brightstar! Haven't tasted celeriac before - is it sweet? And the garlic - 5 cloves:eek: Love it:D! I loooove garlic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 libby82

Hey guys - so 2 days in and I'm finding it not too bad although I am craving more flavour in my dinners - I've had fish the last 2 nights and while it's nice and everything and I season with black pepper it's still very bland so I think that may be why I'm not satisfied - any ideas on how to make something more flavourful without adding points or any recipes for meals full of flavour but low on calories??!

Thanks!

I'm determined to stick it out though!

hey,my favourite at the moment is a salmon darne wit some sweet chilli sauce i think up to i tbs is free and then bake it!! its fab!!

libby82 wrote: »
    hey,my favourite at the moment is a salmon darne wit some sweet chilli sauce i think up to i tbs is free and then bake it!! its fab!!

Brilliant thanks! Must try that:pac:

Garlic soup is gorgeous! If you have the time Roast Garlic and Cauliflower Soup is amazeballs. Roast a whole bulb or 2 depending on the amount of soup you want in the oven with some frylight for about 45 mins. Leave it whole. I also roast a couple of white! onions (while the oven is on sure!) When roasted let it cool and the inside of the cloves are just mushy and squeeze out. They end up sweet and not that strong garlic taste. Then add to pot with Cauliflower florets, onion and some chick stock and boil until cauliflower is soft. Well good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 libby82

Garlic soup is gorgeous! If you have the time Roast Garlic and Cauliflower Soup is amazeballs. Roast a whole bulb or 2 depending on the amount of soup you want in the oven with some frylight for about 45 mins. Leave it whole. I also roast a couple of white! onions (while the oven is on sure!) When roasted let it cool and the inside of the cloves are just mushy and squeeze out. They end up sweet and not that strong garlic taste. Then add to pot with Cauliflower florets, onion and some chick stock and boil until cauliflower is soft. Well good![/QUOT

sounds fab!! rite job for this weather! i added some fresh chilli to my tomato and veg this week!! warmed me up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Sounds fab brightstar! Haven't tasted celeriac before - is it sweet? And the garlic - 5 cloves:eek: Love it:D! I loooove garlic!

Its not sweet but has a hint of celery off it..has a consistency like potato soup and I love garlic too it is absolutely delicious...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It's a journey on a back road, not the motorway! ;)

This could be the best weight watchers advice I have ever heard.. thank you Das Kitty!!

I was down 1lb today happy enough I am down 17lb in 8weeks and every one is noticing the difference. I am so happy in myself I can not wait to go shopping for some super stylish size 12 dresses for Christmas!!

Also a little plus is the lads at work are always jealous of my amazing lunch time meals when they are stuck with the deli accross the road!

This could be the best weight watchers advice I have ever heard.. thank you Das Kitty!!

I was down 1lb today happy enough I am down 17lb in 8weeks and every one is noticing the difference. I am so happy in myself I can not wait to go shopping for some super stylish size 12 dresses for Christmas!!

Also a little plus is the lads at work are always jealous of my amazing lunch time meals when they are stuck with the deli accross the road!

Hi lisa_celtic! Can you tell me more about those 'amazing lunch time meals' you speak of? I have a feeling I might get sick of pittas soon enough!

brightstar wrote: »
    Its not sweet but has a hint of celery off it..has a consistency like potato soup and I love garlic too it is absolutely delicious...

And all 0pp:eek: Sounds great!! Must try it at the weekend!

Hi Leahyl, Green Isle have frozen herbs in a packet & are perfect for adding flavour to soups sauces. So far I have come across basil, corriander, parsley and garlic. You will find them in the frozen foods section. Honestly I just assumed they were 0pp but will look at the pack this evening (didnt know dried herbs carried pp).

Brilliant Shinnie0503 - You actually reminded me of them; I saw them before alright (ages ago) and was going to buy them but didn't in the end. Must try them!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'm feeling very proud of myself today, went to gym and have been planning and tracking like a loony!
    I got a blue dragon sauce for a veggie stir fry this evening, the sweet and sour one.. Hoping it's nice as its only 1 pp per serving, I'll let you all know..

m'lady wrote: »
    I'm feeling very proud of myself today, went to gym and have been planning and tracking like a loony!
    I got a blue dragon sauce for a veggie stir fry this evening, the sweet and sour one.. Hoping it's nice as its only 1 pp per serving, I'll let you all know..

Is that 1pp per half packet? Seems good value pp wise!

Is that 1pp per half packet? Seems good value pp wise!

Yes it is, I checked twice to make sure, but I'll check again just in case!

Ah cool hopefully its only 2pp then for the whole pack. Be nice to have something really saucy ;) ha ha!

Ah cool hopefully its only 2pp then for the whole pack. Be nice to have something really saucy ;) ha ha!
    Ha ha... Would be especially on a Wednesday evening lol

Hey Maggie, I checked that sauce again and it's definitely 1 pp per portion and it is 2 pp for whole sachet. I'll let you know if it's nice. Not a bad dinner for 7 pp... Stir fry veg 0 pp, straight to wok noodles at 6 pp and the sauce at 1 pp.

Hey Maggie, I checked that sauce again and it's definitely 1 pp per portion and it is 2 pp for whole sachet. I'll let you know if it's nice. Not a bad dinner for 7 pp... Stir fry veg 0 pp, straight to wok noodles at 6 pp and the sauce at 1 pp.

7pp :D Nice! In all fairness I'd need a bit of meat with that ;) Ok ok enough enough :p Hopefully it's not too sweet! Yep cool let me know, thanks m'lady

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

If anyone wants to know, you can get straight to wok rice noodles for 4pp - saves two precious points!! They're Amoy I think, I'll have to check, I use then all the time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I'm lucky that I have a mircowave and a toaster at work so I can have proper meals :)

Monday: I had two slices of aldi reduced fat garlic bread 2pp each or 5pp for 2 of them :) I had left overs of Sundays Bolognese on top of that all for 9pp was amazing!!

Tuesday: Stir Fry from the night before, which was carrots beef peppers mushroom onion with half the noodles 3pp from the night before so a 7pp lunch!

Wednesday: Vegetable Soup, two slices of homemade brown bread and a salad so a 5pp lunch!

I occasionally get a roll or a sandwich but never feel as good as I do when I bring my own with me!!

On a different note I'm going to Zipit in Boyle, Co. Roscommon on Saturday about 4hours climbing and zipping!! www.zipit.ie activity points i think so!!

• Advertisement

Well I was only up a half, so I'm delighted really!

Going to have a good week now. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement