Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    bar sob and strauss, i think the leinster stats are fair.

What about Nacewa? He's perhaps our best player and he's below average in RC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

*gets game*
    *plays with Leinster*
    *goes to editorium*
    *all SOB's stats to 100*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

matthew8 wrote: »

What about Nacewa? He's perhaps our best player and he's below average in RC.
    actually yeah you're right, and healy too

Anyone notice how good the Italians are in RC? Aironi and Treviso rated better than Ulster, Connacht and half the top 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

tolosenc wrote: »
    *gets game*
    *plays with Leinster*
    *goes to editorium*
    *all SOB's stats to 100*

Sean O'Brien can hack into RC and increase his stats to .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

just a reminder, I'm organising a PS3 tournament:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74973372#post74973372

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Schorpio wrote: »
    You can't. Or at least I haven't been able to. There is an Xbox section on the Project Novo forums (here) where somebody has released a patch for 360. It's alright, not great. Nothing as extensive as the ps3 version and certainly nothing like those impressive screenshots! He has made a second version of his patch, but you have to donate to him to get it. :rolleyes:

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

matthew8 wrote: »
    Anyone notice how good the Italians are in RC? Aironi and Treviso rated better than Ulster, Connacht and half the top 14.

Based on this years performance I'd rate Trev near enough Connacht, but not better than Ulster.

I edit'd the stats on SOB, Healy, Isa and Struass.. and Hagan a little.

It's a pity it doesn't transfer over when you play online tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

is project novo free?
    and does it include jersey and emblem updates?

• Advertisement

Brendan97 wrote: »
    is project novo free?
    and does it include jersey and emblem updates?

It is free, but no international jersey updates.

Project Novo installed, and the All Blacks are just unreal.

No chance of beating them, ever.

Anyone find passing/offloading a bit of a pain. So often for me simple passes seem just to go to no one.

Also, on hard mode, turnovers are too easy. Pull everyone in, grab their scrum half, then pile all of your forwards in and turn it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anyone find passing/offloading a bit of a pain. So often for me simple passes seem just to go to no one.

Also, on hard mode, turnovers are too easy. Pull everyone in, grab their scrum half, then pile all of your forwards in and turn it over.

Haven't played against the AB's yet but I have noticed against certain teams it's ****ing mental trying to put down a player.

The offload is a pain but I can understand why it's done since Rugby is a hard sport to create good AI for, you always end up cheating. But it's challenging none the less. Provides for some fantastic tries.

I love thanking screenshots of this game though it just has that right look.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978179782/screenshot/595825477989660615

• Registered Users Posts: 37,931 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

will there ever be a project novo for the ps3.

Id imagine with the new update that came with the euro versions that it could be impossble

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

PTH2009 wrote: »
    will there ever be a project novo for the ps3.

Id imagine with the new update that came with the euro versions that it could be impossble

The must up-to-date project novo is the one for ps3. Google it there and they'll bring you to the link. It's the 360 on that's tragically crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

i beat the AB's with Ireland in career mode. They had 90% possession and territory but somehow i sneaked two tries past them! Great day for Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭twinytwo

The must up-to-date project novo is the one for ps3. Google it there and they'll bring you to the link. It's the 360 on that's tragically crap.

Is it what, after waiting so long for the game i nearly cried...

cant maul off a lineout,
    cant take a quick lineout,
    cant kick an up and under,
    no player can intercept the ball during a pass,
    cant make subs,
    cant change the starting lineup for games on line,
    the game dosent seem to know what offside actually is.
    Everyone online makes up for being crap at the game by just going the ABS the whole time

... and since when can john hayes do a spinning left handed offload while he is being hit by too guys that goes half way across the pitch.

they have o brien break at like 50.... im like are u serious.

twinytwo wrote: »
    Is it what, after waiting so long for the game i nearly cried...

cant maul off a lineout,
    cant take a quick lineout,
    cant kick an up and under, Yes you can
    no player can intercept the ball during a pass,
    cant make subs, Yes you can
    cant change the starting lineup for games on line,
    the game dosent seem to know what offside actually is.
    Everyone online makes up for being crap at the game by just going the ABS the whole time Ranked matches have the same stats for both sides doesnt make a difference who you go

... and since when can john hayes do a spinning left handed offload while he is being hit by too guys that goes half way across the pitch It's a game.

Fix

Stev_o wrote: »
    Fix

Are you sure about the stats thing??? iv seen two ABs hold off 5/6 aussies to rob a ruck..

i mean a proper up and under.

Unless im blind there is no option to make subs on the xbox

Yes it is a game..but at 50 quid a pop.. you would think at least somewhat realistic would not have been a big ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Are you sure about the stats thing??? iv seen two ABs hold off 5/6 aussies to rob a ruck..

Yes it is a game..but at 50 quid a pop.. you would think at least somewhat realistic would not have been a big ask

It's deffinitly the same stats for everyone online, I've beaten the ABs with connacht.

For a proper up and under hold Y and then press A to jump when you're under.

Subs are in the start menu under manage squad.

It's a million times better than RWC game, and as for realism the graphics are certainly very good.

To make subs press start, then MANAGE TEAM, then 'SWAP PLAYER' and then scroll down until you go into BENCH PLAYERS.

Yeah it has it's flaws.. but it's definitely the best rugby game I've ever played. 7/10 for me. I can see the flaws as being easily fixable, so this game after a few major patches will be great.

Like things like off-loading, passing are very buggy. What I don't understand is how the AI is able to off-load with so much success and I can't string more than 3 passes together. I did figure out it's easier to pass if you don't SPRINT.

Also the defense is terrible.. If the other team gets the ball I find it next to impossible stopping them throwing the ball around a load and getting a try. Is that something I'm doing wrong?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Can anyone tell me if the PC version of Rugby Challenge has an offline multiplayer mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Like things like off-loading, passing are very buggy. What I don't understand is how the AI is able to off-load with so much success and I can't string more than 3 passes together. I did figure out it's easier to pass if you don't SPRINT.

Also the defense is terrible.. If the other team gets the ball I find it next to impossible stopping them throwing the ball around a load and getting a try. Is that something I'm doing wrong?

You need to turn the offload frequency and success sliders well down. I'm still trying to get that balance right. Nearly there and the game is far more enjoyable for it.

But there are serious issues with the defensive element. I generally control the scrum-half off the back of the ruck or scrum or whatever and use him as a sweeping defender ignoring everyone until the ball makes it out to the wing. It usually works fine, but a well timed pass back inside can really open up my defence and the FB is often running the opposite direction and can't get into position on time. Need to figure out how to cope with that one! :o

It def has it's flaws but Sidhe have always said they are a small company and weren't going to be able to produce a top class game first time out. This is the template and they are hoping that if it is successful enough they can build on it. For example they really wanted to get set pieces in, but didn't have time, so that's one of the priorities for the follow up. Personally I think it's a very decent game and if they can build on it we could get a truly great game from them. Here's hoping...

molloyjh wrote: »
    You need to turn the offload frequency and success sliders well down. I'm still trying to get that balance right. Nearly there and the game is far more enjoyable for it.

But there are serious issues with the defensive element. I generally control the scrum-half off the back of the ruck or scrum or whatever and use him as a sweeping defender ignoring everyone until the ball makes it out to the wing. It usually works fine, but a well timed pass back inside can really open up my defence and the FB is often running the opposite direction and can't get into position on time. Need to figure out how to cope with that one! :o

It def has it's flaws but Sidhe have always said they are a small company and weren't going to be able to produce a top class game first time out. This is the template and they are hoping that if it is successful enough they can build on it. For example they really wanted to get set pieces in, but didn't have time, so that's one of the priorities for the follow up. Personally I think it's a very decent game and if they can build on it we could get a truly great game from them. Here's hoping...

Yeah agreed.

I tried that, sliding the off-load sliders (to the left presumably?) but still seems a tad unfair. I guess it just takes a bit of tweaking.

Also, I presume it just effects the AI's offloading, and not your own?

Does anyone find that short kickoffs are too common, and that the computer tends to retrieve it's own kickoffs an awful lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah agreed.

I tried that, sliding the off-load sliders (to the left presumably?) but still seems a tad unfair. I guess it just takes a bit of tweaking.

Also, I presume it just effects the AI's offloading, and not your own?

I presume so. Haven't noticed much of a difference in game for myself anyway, but I've been trying to reduce the number of offloads I perform too. I had started out just whacking the pass button and hoping for the best, but I'm moving towards actually trying to build phases and simulate as much as possible a real (Northern Hemisphere) rugby game....you know, the way it was meant to be played! :D

• Advertisement

I dunno iv felt that you'v got to line up your passes more so then any other rugby game. Same applies for offloads if i offload too late it ll skimper across the ground where as if i do it straight away it'll find it's target.

As mentioned above it's a great template and iv more respect for Sidhe making this product from scratch then HB's effort.

Advertisement