Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Downloaded the game this morning from steam. My computer isn't able to handle the game though. :( I tried lowering the graphics quality, resolution, everything.

My graphics card is an Intel G41 Express Chipset, I'm guessing that's not very good? :o

you need a min i think of 512 mb graphic card,is your pc new or how old
    if you need advice,pm me as i repair and upgrade pc to gamers

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

a couple of years old IIRC

Would an old GeForce card be better, I have either GeForce4 or GeForce6200 lying around somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

xbox 360 version or pc and is there a link to project novo option file
    cheers

Just got it going with PS3. If you google the project novo the forum page tells you where to look for an xbox version.

Also just been denied for the third time by the TMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Rugby challenge is v. good, commentary not great but most of the other flaws are based on the players which can be fixed (like Strauss and Nacewa being very poor for Leinster). One thing that stands out though is the lack of an offside rule.

178037.JPG

178038.JPG

Images getting cut/stretched, it's very strange. During the pre game loading, it also happens to the Sidhe logo among other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

B0X wrote: »
    You select the full back by pressing LB and RB at the same time. To select the defender closest to the attacker, press B.

yeah I know the buttons, the fullback one isn't working for me, also the only way i seem to be able to switch player is to press b, I can't choose someone further down for whatever reasons,
    probably the same reason my players will not bind in a maul or when I win an opposition lineout the ball gets stuck to the ground :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Game in dundrum sold out. Anyone know how I can get my hands on an xbox version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

matthew8 wrote: »
    Rugby challenge is v. good, commentary not great but most of the other flaws are based on the players which can be fixed (like Strauss and Nacewa being very poor for Leinster). One thing that stands out though is the lack of an offside rule.

I think the off side players cant be selected. I noticed that a little X appears underneath them. Im not sure what happens when you're controlling the player that's offside but they probably didnt want there to be penalties every 2 seconds.

a couple of years old IIRC

Would an old GeForce card be better, I have either GeForce4 or GeForce6200 lying around somewhere.

Whats the memory on the nvidia 6200 and what your cpu and ghz etc

178037.JPG

178038.JPG

Images getting cut/stretched, it's very strange. During the pre game loading, it also happens to the Sidhe logo among other things.

your graphic card can't handle the frame rate and needs more speed,does it freeze or drop in graphics

• Advertisement

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Just got it going with PS3. If you google the project novo the forum page tells you where to look for an xbox version.

Also just been denied for the third time by the TMO!

cheers

maybe start lists who playing the rc and what is being played on
    pc,xbox or ps3 ,that way players can find each other and play each other,if game good enough ,maybe start a league or irish something
    just a idea
    I Mod on counter-strike source and team-fortress 2
    i see if they want to setup a rc server for pc users

Whats the memory on the nvidia 6200 and what your cpu and ghz etc

512MB

Intel Core 2 quad CPU; Q6600 @2.40GHz
    your graphic card can't handle the frame rate and needs more speed,does it freeze or drop in graphics

I see, cheers. Yeah it's stop/start during the game.

512MB

Intel Core 2 quad CPU; Q6600 @2.40GHz

I see, cheers. Yeah it's stop/start during the game.

graphic cards are cheap,think i saw 2 on adverts.ie
    komplett.ie or try normal site
    buy off web as cheaper than shops

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

There are 50 players on the Irish Squad and I have struggled to get them all and know who they all are. No idea how I will know who is who in the England/Wales/France/Scotland/Arg/Italy

Any body got these done or have tips on how to know who is who? Or is there a spreadsheet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I just used the last match day 22 for each team. Didn't bother with the full squad of players. Lads don't get injured enough for the need to change loads of players.

graphic cards are cheap,think i saw 2 on adverts.ie
    komplett.ie or try normal site
    buy off web as cheaper than shops

Any recommendation in terms of make/model? I wouldn't know where to begin re graphics cards. My budget would be €100-€150 say.

Any recommendation in terms of make/model? I wouldn't know where to begin re graphics cards. My budget would be €100-€150 say.

whats the watts on your psu - power supply in watts 500watts.600wts or 1000 watts
    is your pc custom or manfacturer ?
    then i give you few links to few cards under 100 delivered
    and waht windows version you running vista or windows 7

Manufacturer, Windows Vista, dunno where to find watts!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone know how to add players you've created into teams? If I go into team edit I can only seem to remove, or change players....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Manufacturer, Windows Vista, dunno where to find watts!
    Check on your power supply in the machine. It should be labelled. If not then im not too sure...

Also, get rid of vista :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Can anyone give me some sort of a downloadable update with the real international player names?

Cheers for the help KK, and everyone else. Much appreciated...

Cheers for the help KK, and everyone else. Much appreciated...

any questions ,let me know with installing

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone know how to add players you've created into teams? If I go into team edit I can only seem to remove, or change players....

Use change player, you will find the player you created under the "no competition" competition, I think its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

padser wrote: »
    Game in dundrum sold out. Anyone know how I can get my hands on an xbox version?

Gamestop in jervis centre - about 8 left. Just in. 4th place i tried. Hmv have said they have not had any at all

Better be worth all this hassle......

Edit - FYI Gamestop 5e cheaper than game as well at 49e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭clsmooth

So its literally just a change of name?

Ty was getting quite frustrated.

Yep and all the players have the same initials as the real life version

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Use change player, you will find the player you created under the "no competition" competition, I think its called.

Yeah.. I made the boo-boo of 'removing players' from Leinster that are no longer signed. So now I don't have enough space, don't want to swap out players I already have...

I just installed the project novo, which has reset everything, so I'll use the 'change player' function... So word of advise to anyone else.. DON'T REMOVE PLAYERS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hi guys. Just a few questions.

Any patch for the Xbox360 version?

Is there a list of the proper players names for International sides (I have awful OCD and need them to be perfect before I play)?

Advertisement