Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

padser wrote: »
    I've played well over 100 games and never seem an intercept (unless you are counting times when a pass hits the ground and is "intercepted" while still moving - I don't - although the commentators call it an "intercept").

That's all I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

ajeffares wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9nweqiD6CE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    I haven't tried it myself but I think this works.

doesn't show how its done
    i think you have to donate to them for update to do it,could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Ah right well I'm nzot planning on doing myself, but it's out there somewhere.

Ah right well I'm nzot planning on doing myself, but it's out there somewhere.

i'll have a look ,theres a link to a forum where you donate to poster for update
    thanks for your help

i'll have a look ,theres a link to a forum where you donate to poster for update
    thanks for your help

Sorry I cant be of more use, I just can't remember where I heard about that download.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jono123

any1 kno where i can get a 4 man tent for under €40???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

jono123 wrote: »

in my pance.

jono123 wrote: »
    ebay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Played this for the first time today, liked it a lot....suppose I will have to buy it now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Things i didn't like about the new lomu's is how limited the trickery is and passing is, it's difficult, at least at first, to do anything special other than a skip pass.

Also, the squads are already very out dated considering it's a new game (at least in NH rugby), and it's weird that the prop positions seem to be reversed? (tight heads play 1 and loose heads play 3)

The ratings are a bit crap too. Nacewa is one of the worst players at Leinster for example.

BUT, for the most part, really enjoyed the game, only played against mates though, haven't tried it against the computer yet. Seems limited and could get boring after a short while.

The best parts are the kicking from hand, which no rugby game I've seen before got it anywhere near right, but the slow motion makes it great to kick out of hand, or slot drop goals, and makes it a lot more realistic, as any other rugby game I played before, kicking was so crap and innacurate it wasn't really worth it.

Also, after a few phases it gets annoying that the shape of the team can't be kept. I kept getting mike ross as first receiver, followed by Leo Cullen and Fogaty in my backline with Leinster :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I have the same problem as your last one. Leo Cullen is consistently my first receiver. It's frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Teferi wrote: »
    I have the same problem as your last one. Leo Cullen is consistently my first receiver. It's frustrating.

If that happens I just go for a pick and go until my backs have lined up again. What I find annoying is that the outhalf is rarely the first receiver and usually stands out wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Been trying to up rc but nowhere has it. Any word on when a restock is due?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Does anybody know any shops that have Lomu's in stock for the XBOX at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Yesterday something very strange happened, Matthew Rees was given a yellow card in this for a crooked throw.

BDJW wrote: »
    Does anybody know any shops that have Lomu's in stock for the XBOX at the moment?

try gamestop.ie
    as they have separate stock to shops.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/42004_Xbox_360_Jonah_Lomu_Rugby_Challenge.aspx

I've finally come to the realisation that rugby challenge is just as bad as rwc. Challenge may have better graphics and more fluidity but rwc has the basics right, it's structured. Challenge isn't rugby it's pure madness with a rugby ball. If the two could come together to find a happy medium we would be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I've finally come to the realisation that rugby challenge is just as bad as rwc. Challenge may have better graphics and more fluidity but rwc has the basics right, it's structured. Challenge isn't rugby it's pure madness with a rugby ball. If the two could come together to find a happy medium we would be doing well.

Let's look at them bit by bit:

Rucks: Pretty much the exact same
    Scrums: More skill in challenge, I actually really like the scrums in it.
    Lineouts: The throw has more skill in challenge, the jump has more in rwc though it has a bad bug, rwc has the edge because you can maul.
    Kicking: A little tougher in challenge, though very similar.
    Licenses/graphics/teams: RC with a massive, massive advantage because they have clubs
    AI: rwc they're idiots, in challenge they can be as smart or dumb as you want.
    Hands: rwc is one dimensional for handling and offloads, interceptions are far too common. In RC they can be as good as you want.

I don't know how rwc can be considered near as good as RC.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Let's look at them bit by bit:

Rucks: Pretty much the exact same
    Scrums: More skill in challenge, I actually really like the scrums in it.
    Lineouts: The throw has more skill in challenge, the jump has more in rwc though it has a bad bug, rwc has the edge because you can maul.
    Kicking: A little tougher in challenge, though very similar.
    Licenses/graphics/teams: RC with a massive, massive advantage because they have clubs
    AI: rwc they're idiots, in challenge they can be as smart or dumb as you want.
    Hands: rwc is one dimensional for handling and offloads, interceptions are far too common. In RC they can be as good as you want.

I don't know how rwc can be considered near as good as RC.

That's what I thought too before challenge came out but you can't just base it on that. A sport video game needs different categories than just those. For example I could add in:
    Commentary: rwc wins hands down, probably the only big improvement to the game .
    Structure: rwc although very flawed it does have the basic structure. Once you have this the rest can be developed. Challenge is a total free for all online (although increasing the defensive urgency does help offline, this said, when the defensive urgency is turned up it's very difficult to hold onto possession for more than two phases)
    Realism: although challenge has superior graphics you would hardly. Recognise it as a game of rugby. In terms of player positioning, game control and territory rwc wins.
    Online play: neither have any depth online, although challenge has leader boards. Challenge is also far more laggy so neither getting any bonus marks in this department.

Also on your points
    Kicking: huge innovation here by sidhe and then they go and mess it up my 1 not being able to put your player in the pocket and 2 making a mess out of the drop goal.
    Ai: is equally bad on both games. Watching your bots defend is just to torture.

Overall rwc got the basics right but they didn't develop on that. Challenge have a huge amount of ideas and they have stuck them all in but they have skipped out on a lot of the basics. If we could get the two development teams together I think they could come up with a serious quality game.

Also with the licences etc. I don't really care what teams are used all that matters is the gameplay. You get that right and you work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

BDJW wrote: »

I saw it in Smyth's out near the Cabinteely Luas stop. Sorry, I don't know the area at all but I was in there with some mates trying to get Halloween stuff and spotted it. It's 55 bills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I don't really care what teams are used all that matters is the gameplay. You get that right and you work from there.

RC is the first iteration, RWC is the 4th(??). Sidhe have admitted this isn't the finished article, but pretty much the first draft. Something to build on and hopefully the first step to a truly great rugby game. Given that I'd take RC over RWC any day. RWC is no different really from Rugby 08. And there's no excuse for that. At least Sidhe can say this was the first time they made a union game.

molloyjh wrote: »
    RC is the first iteration, RWC is the 4th(??). Sidhe have admitted this isn't the finished article, but pretty much the first draft. Something to build on and hopefully the first step to a truly great rugby game. Given that I'd take RC over RWC any day. RWC is no different really from Rugby 08. And there's no excuse for that. At least Sidhe can say this was the first time they made a union game.

Meh I don't buy that tbh. They are a professional business that have produced many rugby league games. If it's not the finished article don't sell it. Fairly pricey for a "first draft".

Meh I don't buy that tbh. They are a professional business that have produced many rugby league games. If it's not the finished article don't sell it. Fairly pricey for a "first draft".

They had to get the game out for in and around the RWC and are a small company. To get to the finished article would take a good deal of time and money that a small company can't invest in an unproven title. Get the first draft out. If it sells well enough that gives them the freedom to build on the title.

They had to get the game out for in and around the RWC and are a small company. To get to the finished article would take a good deal of time and money that a small company can't invest in an unproven title. Get the first draft out. If it sells well enough that gives them the freedom to build on the title.

I disagree. i think this game is much further on than a first draft. I think it is only a few (internal) revisions away from a great finished article. I think people are being ridiculous.

They said in an interview that they wouldnt release it until it was ready, that's why the date kept getting put off

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

They said in an interview that they wouldnt release it until it was ready, that's why the date kept getting put off
    it was actually something to do with the top 14 & rabodirect pro12 licences.
    thats why they released it in the southern hemisphere first because they though the people there wouldn't care as much if some of the details were missing.

Brendan97 wrote: »
    it was actually something to do with the top 14 & rabodirect pro12 licences.
    thats why they released it in the southern hemisphere first because they though the people there wouldn't care as much if some of the details were missing.

What he said...

They released it in the SH only a couple of weeks after it was originally due out. They couldn't up here because of licencing issues.

if anyone is on the rugby challenge forum on their website could you please tell them: If you are making a sequel don't focus on licences, renew the old ones and get maybe one new one (e.g. SA licence or 6N licence) but to mainly focus on the gameplay of the new one

Brendan97 wrote: »
    if anyone is on the rugby challenge forum on their website could you please tell them: If you are making a sequel don't focus on licences, renew the old ones and get maybe one new one (e.g. SA licence or 6N licence) but to mainly focus on the gameplay of the new one

Sidhe forums? never heard of them.

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    Sidhe forums? never heard of them.
    you type in rugby challenge into the browser, then go into the rugby challenge website and then forum is written in big letters at the top.
    I've seen you on that forum mystic86 i know everything

Advertisement