Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

Serious supply issues with this. Gamestop just sold out in Stephens green.

The cut of Reddan in this. Plays ok so far. Probably preferred rugby 2005 on the xbox as that is all I have to compare. The defending is a bit manic in this with the player selection the main cause of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah.. I made the boo-boo of 'removing players' from Leinster that are no longer signed. So now I don't have enough space, don't want to swap out players I already have...

I just installed the project novo, which has reset everything, so I'll use the 'change player' function... So word of advise to anyone else.. DON'T REMOVE PLAYERS

for xbox or ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Comments on Leinster players:
    Strauss and Nacewa are very bad in this, even though they're 2 of our best players. O'Brien is below average too...
    Jennings and Hines are beasts! Very fast, great in the loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

for xbox or ps3

I have it on PS3..

Been playing it for the day, have gotten comfortable on hard... I imagine once I get comfortable on pro the game will come into it's own.. but at the moment finding it a tad shallow and lack of depth... lack of tactically changing running lines and stuff... should be able to set up first attacker, second attacker if available etc. and the defensive part is quite weak.

I think if they just slowed the whole gameplay down a tad it'd make it more interesting... seems a bit fidgety at the mo. Got a feeling this game will be patched several times over the upcoming months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Just got the game today. I've played about 7 or 8 games, found easy and normal too easy so switched to hard. This is where I see some issues cropping up...

It just seems impossible to keep possession for more than 3 or 4 phases before a turnover happens, like I could have the whole pack in the ruck but still lose it??

My biggest issue with the game really is the attacking lines. There always seems to be a forward as first receiver and the scrum half isn't always passing from the ruck, the backline never lines up as it should do. This is where RWC 2011 gets it right (although it gets most other stuff wrong), it always has the backline lined up properly. There should also be an option for the out-half to drop back into the pocket for a clearance as he is always too flat (on the rare occasion he is first receiver). I do know you can pass straight to the out-half with R1+L1 but it doesn't work as well as it should.

I also thought that any of the ridiculous offloading would be gone but no, it's not. On Hard difficulty, there was a game where the opposition went the length of the pitch just offloading every single time I tackled. Not even one ruck and they went in underneath the posts. It was annoying to say the least. It's fine if the team is New Zealand and they offload a good bit but the amount of offloading from teams like Aironi is just outrageous.

That's just my first impressions anyway, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I really do hope some of those issues are fixed with future patches etc.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Just got the game today. I've played about 7 or 8 games, found easy and normal too easy so switched to hard. This is where I see some issues cropping up...

It just seems impossible to keep possession for more than 3 or 4 phases before a turnover happens, like I could have the whole pack in the ruck but still lose it??

My biggest issue with the game really is the attacking lines. There always seems to be a forward as first receiver and the scrum half isn't always passing from the ruck, the backline never lines up as it should do. This is where RWC 2011 gets it right (although it gets most other stuff wrong), it always has the backline lined up properly. There should also be an option for the out-half to drop back into the pocket for a clearance as he is always too flat (on the rare occasion he is first receiver). I do know you can pass straight to the out-half with R1+L1 but it doesn't work as well as it should.

I also thought that any of the ridiculous offloading would be gone but no, it's not. On Hard difficulty, there was a game where the opposition went the length of the pitch just offloading every single time I tackled. Not even one ruck and they went in underneath the posts. It was annoying to say the least. It's fine if the team is New Zealand and they offload a good bit but the amount of offloading from teams like Aironi is just outrageous.

That's just my first impressions anyway, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I really do hope some of those issues are fixed with future patches etc.

On the offloading, reduce the offload success rate. That should fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

matthew8 wrote: »
    On the offloading, reduce the offload success rate. That should fix it.

Thanks, I'll try that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

dorgasm wrote: »

Stick with hard or pro anyway, no point playing any lower. Took a while for me to start liking the game cause at first try it seemed a bit all over the place.

You get use to it eventually and i found my team started to take a better shape as i got more familiar with the game.

Everyone looks like they are from New Zealand though...

Also Jennings in a beast!

circos wrote: »
    Stick with hard or pro anyway, no point playing any lower. Took a while for me to start liking the game cause at first try it seemed a bit all over the place.

You get use to it eventually and i found my team started to take a better shape as i got more familiar with the game.

Everyone looks like they are from New Zealand though...

Also Jennings in a beast!

Too true on Jennings, I really like the pace of all the forwards in this to be honest. You needed a very pacey back to score in RWC for comparison. Some of the tries you score in RC are brilliant. Full back play is awful by players and AI alike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Brilliant game so far. Took me a few games to get in to it but loving it so far. Had to switch to club only career as the international team had fake names (real annoyance). Great gameplay though and definitely a lot more solid than RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

matthew8 wrote: »
    Too true on Jennings, I really like the pace of all the forwards in this to be honest. You needed a very pacey back to score in RWC for comparison. Some of the tries you score in RC are brilliant. Full back play is awful by players and AI alike.

Yeah i also switch to my fb, don't trust the AI.

Great first attempt at this anyway, cant wait for the sequel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

RWC plays more like a 7s game. If the makers take it down that route, it'd be great.

RC is significantly better, but still only a 7/10. There are plenty of failings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Does anyone with the PC version find that the lag is pretty bad on most games? Could it be a ports problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

PC Mods are already out.

Look how good this game looks with full licences. F*cking HB Studios.

Ab2.jpg

argn1.jpg

978d2656.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Where did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Here http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.php?45873-Jersey-Updates-for-PC

Just hoping we get a roster update in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

^^^
    Looks like somebody put a lot of effort into BOD and forgot about the rest!
    Jerseys look class though

Wow. Nice, hopefully an indie update for the consoles soon too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Just had a try scored against me by Aironi...they were playing knock on advantage and ran into touch to run around to in goal...and they scored...this game is already worrying me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

how much is it in tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Cool_CM wrote: »
    ^^^
    Looks like somebody put a lot of effort into BOD and forgot about the rest!
    Jerseys look class though

Too right, almost looks like a taller version of Kidney running out behind him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

.ak wrote: »
    I have it on PS3..

whats easiest way to load in nova file to Xbox 360

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I think i'm gonna have to get this for the pc too. Those jersey's are class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Has anybody been able to get the Ireland strip for Xbox360?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

In Rugby Challenge do the players on the international teams (e.g Ireland, England & Wales) look like themslves and you only have to change their names and stats (if you want to) or do you have to change the whole player's appearance?

Also you allowed to download the changed ("real" created ones) kits
    on PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

whats easiest way to load in nova file to Xbox 360

You can't. Or at least I haven't been able to. There is an Xbox section on the Project Novo forums (here) where somebody has released a patch for 360. It's alright, not great. Nothing as extensive as the ps3 version and certainly nothing like those impressive screenshots! He has made a second version of his patch, but you have to donate to him to get it. :rolleyes:

Brendan97 wrote: »
    In Rugby Challenge do the players on the international teams (e.g Ireland, England & Wales) look like themslves and you only have to change their names and stats (if you want to) or do you have to change the whole player's appearance?

Also you allowed to download the changed ("real" created ones) kits
    on PS3?

The players look/stat'd exactly the same as they are in the Leinster/Munster/etc lineup. So you just have to change the names. This can be tricky tho as the likenesses aren't the best. ;)

... or you can download the project novo file for the PS3, which will do everything for you.

Although I spent a long time correcting the Leinster/Munster team as I felt they weren't stat'd correctly (and some of the likenesses were way off, Redden, SOB's scrumcap etc., etc.), and then you need to do that AGAIN to the Irish players as well.. painstaking.

Although TBH, playing with the clubs is 100% more fun than playing with the national teams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I wasn't happy with the Leinster stats either so I changed them straight away. I was probably a bit too generous though and I messed them up and they are rated higher than the all blacks now! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I wasn't happy with the Leinster stats either so I changed them straight away. I was probably a bit too generous though and I messed them up and they are rated higher than the all blacks now! :(

bar sob and strauss, i think the leinster stats are fair.

Advertisement