Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Whats the advantages and disadvantages of importing it from the likes of Japan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Whats the advantages and disadvantages of importing it from the likes of Japan?

advantage = you get it early
    disadvantage = you need to buy jap games til its released here
    advantage = likely to cost less for machine
    disadvantage = likely to cost more with shipping and import duty
    disadvantage = itll be in japanese til you figure out how to change it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I imported the psp when it came out first (from Japan) man that was fun :D

Didnt have a clue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Helix wrote: »
    was confirmed at e3

Saying "to the best of my knowledge" is not a confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Varik wrote: »
    Saying "to the best of my knowledge" is not a confirmation.

it is

because otherwise the answer to that question is "no comment"

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    it is

because otherwise the answer to that question is "no comment"

There are many times when "No comment" is also a Yes.

Was PSN hacked?

No comment <Yes>

Anything that is not a firm yes/no can be probably taken as the worst possible outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Pricey Memory Cards
    There are four different memory card sizes planned for release in Japan on December 17 alongside the system: 4GB (2,200 yen, about $29), 8GB (3,200 yen, $42), 16GB (5,500 yen, $72), and 32GB (9,500 yen, $124).

These prices are ridiculous and expect them to be eye watering by the time they stick a € symbol in front of them. Hopefully 3rd party companies will come out with much cheaper solutions than Sony's prices.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Pricey Memory Cards

These prices are ridiculous and expect them to be eye watering by the time they stick a € symbol in front of them. Hopefully 3rd party companies will come out with much cheaper solutions than Sony's prices.

A class 10 SD card can do 10 MB/s read/write.

It all depends on how fast they are, if they are not much better or the same then it is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hope those memory card prices aren't true. Ridiculously expensive.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I hope those memory card prices aren't true. Ridiculously expensive.

Seems to be true:

http://playstationfans.com/playstation-vita/ps-vita-package-and-accessories-details/

Also other accessories there..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just left the Eurogamer Expo at Earls Court. Played Wipeout 2048 on the Playstation Vita.

One word review: Awesome

Two word review: Really Awesome

There are prices out for launch games, seems psn versions will be a decent bit cheaper in some cases.

And there may be some UMD for digital trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Pre-orders open on many sites now. Though play asia won't sent it to ireland.

Was really hyped about this for the last few months but for some reason something is telling me to just wait til proper launch next spring. Not all games have full english. Would still love to have it around christmas though.

Anybody importing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

This and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus announced today, my bank account is screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played a game on it yesterday and it was better than the PS3 version with the touch screen. Sony really have a gem on their hands this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

February 22nd
    Get Ready: PS Vita is Coming February 22nd

+ Posted by Jack Tretton // President & CEO

This afternoon on stage at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, I shared some very exciting news that I know the PlayStation Nation has been anticipating since we unveiled PlayStation Vita back in January. For those looking to get their hands on the ultimate in handheld entertainment, I’m thrilled to let you know that starting on February 22, 2012, PS Vita will be available at major retailers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe.

PlayStation Vita North America 3G packaging

Our first-party studios and army of publishing partners have been extremely hard at work to ensure that PS Vita launches with a vast library of titles that deliver unique gameplay experiences that go beyond any handheld or mobile device on the market. We have more than 100 games currently in development globally that span many different genres, including Sound Shapes, Resistance: Burning Skies, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Capcom’s Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed, EA Sports’ FIFA, Activision’s Call of Duty, and numerous others that you’ll hear about in the months ahead.

I’ve had the chance to spend some time with several of these titles and I think you’ll be blown away by how each takes advantage of the technology packed into PS Vita to deliver amazing gaming experiences. With its vibrant 5-inch OLED screen, dual analog sticks, dual cameras, and front and rear touch panel, PS Vita will deliver rich, immersive games with stunning graphics, which simply can’t be found anywhere else. Now you’ll be able to play shooters and action titles on-the-go with controls that are familiar, and you won’t have to block out the gorgeous screen to interact with the games.

In addition to the deep portfolio of games, you’ll also have access to native social applications – near and Party – that help you connect with your friends and fellow PS Vita owners. We also recently announced that PS Vita will have your favorite social networking applications like Facebook, foursquare, Skype, and Twitter, so you can share and connect with friends. With PS Vita, you can enjoy the best handheld gaming experience available and stay connected to the people and interests you care about.

It’s never been a better time to be a part of PlayStation Nation and I can’t wait for you to experience this revolutionary handheld system. Stay tuned for more exciting updates as we near the February 22, 2012 launch!

****, February.

Probably won't import as i'd like the reassurance of buying it here.

Also 4.65" is pushing it for a phone with the nexus.

• Advertisement

Some of the screen is dedicated for the buttons, so it's a tad bit smaller in reality.

****, February.

Probably won't import as i'd like the reassurance of buying it here.

I am on same boat, just now it's all about how the heck am I going to get funds :O.. This and the release of CS:GO I can not wait for :D..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Do stores accept any pre orders yet,the only thing putting me off is that Mass Effect 3 will be out about a fortnite after & I just know i'll have a load of games to finish. Stop looking at me unopened copy of Portal 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's not like it'll sell out...
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If they have Uncharted/ and or resistance for launch, this thing will explode. And its 3 days before my birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Launch lineup:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    WipEout 2048
    Reality Fighters
    Little Deviants
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip
    Everybody's Golf
    Escape Plan
    Top Darts
    Hustle Kings
    Unit 13
    MotorStorm RC
    Super Stardust Delta
    Gravity Rush

Are you taking notes, Nintendo? THIS is a launch lineup. :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-22-sonys-playstation-vita-eu-launch-line-up

Uncharted and Wipeout for me, maybe more.

The MotorStorm RC game looks pretty fun too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I want them all and a Vita. I dont ask for much ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

which ones are the AAA games? Or the best of the bunch? Besides Uncharted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement