Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Whats the advantages and disadvantages of importing it from the likes of Japan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Whats the advantages and disadvantages of importing it from the likes of Japan?

advantage = you get it early
    disadvantage = you need to buy jap games til its released here
    advantage = likely to cost less for machine
    disadvantage = likely to cost more with shipping and import duty
    disadvantage = itll be in japanese til you figure out how to change it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I imported the psp when it came out first (from Japan) man that was fun :D

Didnt have a clue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Helix wrote: »
    was confirmed at e3

Saying "to the best of my knowledge" is not a confirmation.

Varik wrote: »
    Saying "to the best of my knowledge" is not a confirmation.

it is

because otherwise the answer to that question is "no comment"

• Advertisement

it is

because otherwise the answer to that question is "no comment"

There are many times when "No comment" is also a Yes.

Was PSN hacked?

No comment <Yes>

Anything that is not a firm yes/no can be probably taken as the worst possible outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Pricey Memory Cards
    There are four different memory card sizes planned for release in Japan on December 17 alongside the system: 4GB (2,200 yen, about $29), 8GB (3,200 yen, $42), 16GB (5,500 yen, $72), and 32GB (9,500 yen, $124).

These prices are ridiculous and expect them to be eye watering by the time they stick a € symbol in front of them. Hopefully 3rd party companies will come out with much cheaper solutions than Sony's prices.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Pricey Memory Cards

These prices are ridiculous and expect them to be eye watering by the time they stick a € symbol in front of them. Hopefully 3rd party companies will come out with much cheaper solutions than Sony's prices.

A class 10 SD card can do 10 MB/s read/write.

It all depends on how fast they are, if they are not much better or the same then it is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hope those memory card prices aren't true. Ridiculously expensive.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I hope those memory card prices aren't true. Ridiculously expensive.

Seems to be true:

http://playstationfans.com/playstation-vita/ps-vita-package-and-accessories-details/

Also other accessories there..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just left the Eurogamer Expo at Earls Court. Played Wipeout 2048 on the Playstation Vita.

One word review: Awesome

Two word review: Really Awesome

There are prices out for launch games, seems psn versions will be a decent bit cheaper in some cases.

And there may be some UMD for digital trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Pre-orders open on many sites now. Though play asia won't sent it to ireland.

Was really hyped about this for the last few months but for some reason something is telling me to just wait til proper launch next spring. Not all games have full english. Would still love to have it around christmas though.

Anybody importing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

This and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus announced today, my bank account is screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played a game on it yesterday and it was better than the PS3 version with the touch screen. Sony really have a gem on their hands this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

February 22nd
    Get Ready: PS Vita is Coming February 22nd

+ Posted by Jack Tretton // President & CEO

This afternoon on stage at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, I shared some very exciting news that I know the PlayStation Nation has been anticipating since we unveiled PlayStation Vita back in January. For those looking to get their hands on the ultimate in handheld entertainment, I’m thrilled to let you know that starting on February 22, 2012, PS Vita will be available at major retailers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe.

PlayStation Vita North America 3G packaging

Our first-party studios and army of publishing partners have been extremely hard at work to ensure that PS Vita launches with a vast library of titles that deliver unique gameplay experiences that go beyond any handheld or mobile device on the market. We have more than 100 games currently in development globally that span many different genres, including Sound Shapes, Resistance: Burning Skies, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Capcom’s Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed, EA Sports’ FIFA, Activision’s Call of Duty, and numerous others that you’ll hear about in the months ahead.

I’ve had the chance to spend some time with several of these titles and I think you’ll be blown away by how each takes advantage of the technology packed into PS Vita to deliver amazing gaming experiences. With its vibrant 5-inch OLED screen, dual analog sticks, dual cameras, and front and rear touch panel, PS Vita will deliver rich, immersive games with stunning graphics, which simply can’t be found anywhere else. Now you’ll be able to play shooters and action titles on-the-go with controls that are familiar, and you won’t have to block out the gorgeous screen to interact with the games.

In addition to the deep portfolio of games, you’ll also have access to native social applications – near and Party – that help you connect with your friends and fellow PS Vita owners. We also recently announced that PS Vita will have your favorite social networking applications like Facebook, foursquare, Skype, and Twitter, so you can share and connect with friends. With PS Vita, you can enjoy the best handheld gaming experience available and stay connected to the people and interests you care about.

It’s never been a better time to be a part of PlayStation Nation and I can’t wait for you to experience this revolutionary handheld system. Stay tuned for more exciting updates as we near the February 22, 2012 launch!

****, February.

Probably won't import as i'd like the reassurance of buying it here.

Also 4.65" is pushing it for a phone with the nexus.

• Advertisement

Some of the screen is dedicated for the buttons, so it's a tad bit smaller in reality.

****, February.

Probably won't import as i'd like the reassurance of buying it here.

I am on same boat, just now it's all about how the heck am I going to get funds :O.. This and the release of CS:GO I can not wait for :D..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Do stores accept any pre orders yet,the only thing putting me off is that Mass Effect 3 will be out about a fortnite after & I just know i'll have a load of games to finish. Stop looking at me unopened copy of Portal 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's not like it'll sell out...
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If they have Uncharted/ and or resistance for launch, this thing will explode. And its 3 days before my birthday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Launch lineup:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    WipEout 2048
    Reality Fighters
    Little Deviants
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip
    Everybody's Golf
    Escape Plan
    Top Darts
    Hustle Kings
    Unit 13
    MotorStorm RC
    Super Stardust Delta
    Gravity Rush

Are you taking notes, Nintendo? THIS is a launch lineup. :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-22-sonys-playstation-vita-eu-launch-line-up

Uncharted and Wipeout for me, maybe more.

The MotorStorm RC game looks pretty fun too!

I want them all and a Vita. I dont ask for much ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

which ones are the AAA games? Or the best of the bunch? Besides Uncharted.

AAA
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    WipEout 2048
    Unit 13 [Made by Zipper, the guys behind SOCOM and MAG]
    MotorStorm RC

Worth Looking Into
    Reality Fighters
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip
    Everybody's Golf
    Escape Plan
    Super Stardust Delta
    Gravity Rush

Will Probably Ignore
    Little Deviants
    Top Darts
    Hustle Kings

If I have to sell my 3DTV to get this, I think I will... Really looking forward to this.. Uncharted and Wipeout/Motorstorm I think... Wonder when Resistance will be out?.. It's one of my favourite franchises aswell as Killzone..

Wonder if PS plus members will get stuff for this, as content is meant to be cross platform in a lot of cases (unless it needs touch). psones games don't count.

heres a hands on from when i got to play with the vita there a short while ago

http://clickonline.com/games/playstation-vita--hardware-hands-on/4521/

cannot bloody well wait til i get one through the office doors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

http://andriasang.com/comz2b/ridge_racer_courses/
    Namco Bandai held a Japanese media briefing for its PlayStation Vita launch titles yesterday. Impress Watch and Famitsu.com delivered impressions and screens for Ridge Racer.

As we previously detailed, Ridge Racer (which appears to be the game's final Japanese name) carries a lower price compared to most Vita launch titles. The game's package version is priced ¥3,980. The download version is regularly priced ¥3,580, but through March 31 you can pick it up for the special price of ¥2,980. Regardless of the version, the game requires a Memory Card.

One of the tradeoffs for the low price appears to be content. The sites report that the demo build had just five cars and three courses, and this will be true for the final version as well.

The course list includes Harborline 765, Highland Cliffs and Southbay Docks, all form past entries in the series. They can be played in normal and reverse.

Namco Bandai will, of course, be offering download content to add to the game. Details on DLC will be shared in December. The game's main menu has an option for directly accessing PlayStation Store.

The official Namco Bandai reason for the low price is that it hopes to get as many players as possible in order to make the Planetary League mode more active. In the Planetary League, players throughout the world split into circle, x, triangle and square teams. Every 24 hours, the game sends out new team battle missions. At the end of the month, the game's servers will determine the rank of each of the four teams based off points earned during the missions.

These team battles can be played as real time races via Wi-Fi and Ad-Hoc. Or, you can play against rival ghost data. The game supports Vita's Near functionality for transferring ghost data.

For those hoping to use Ridge Racer to show off your pricey new portable, Famitsu.com reports that the game has detailed visuals and fresh colors thanks to the OLED screen, with the night courses looking particularly pretty. Due to the focus on detail, the game runs at 30 frames per second rather than the 60 some Ridge Racer fans may have hoped for.

*clears throat*...WHAT!?

• Advertisement

Sounds like the main game is just a starter pack and the meat will be provided by DLC. It will all depend on the pricing to see if its a success.

However, the 30 frames a second news is disappointing. Normally, Ridge Racer games are good for showing off a new systems graphical capabilities. Hopefully, it still looks good.

well the retail version of the game is €40... that's essentially full price for a handheld game

well the retail version of the game is €40... that's essentially full price for a handheld game

But regular PSV games in Japan are going to be in the region of 5,900 yen [€57] so Ridge Racer will be cheaper.

Again, we won't know exactly how much the prices will be here until they are announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Goin to trade in my dusty 250gb Slim Xbox over this. Can't wait. Uncharted and Gravity Rush for me! :D

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/ps-vita-to-stream-playstation-3-games--1043176

The article basically discusses the long-rumoured remote play feature of the PSV, but includes some details such as:

- developers of PS3 games will need to opt-in to allow streaming to the PSV
    - and the games will be sent in PSP resolution, [480 x 272] and the PSV will then upscale the content in real-time to match the resolution of its screen.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    - developers of PS3 games will need to opt-in to allow streaming to the PSV
    - and the games will be sent in PSP resolution, [480 x 272] and the PSV will then upscale the content in real-time to match the resolution of its screen.

You got that a bit backwards

Remote play will work without any changes to the games but will be limited to 480X272.

Developers can implement it to their games where that game will be then capable of 480, and likely many games will include it.

Notorioux wrote: »
    Goin to trade in my dusty 250gb Slim Xbox over this. Can't wait. Uncharted and Gravity Rush for me! :D

Probably best trading it in now if it's just gathering dust... Try GAME, Xtravision, Gamestop and HMV just ring and see which offers the best... Trade in price may drop by Febuary and keep the credit safe or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Lost interest in the vita after e3 , price is hurting me at this moment of time , i wait a year or 2 till they release a newer cheaper model , the umd situation is kinda bs if they expect us to rebuy pso games but least ive no intention of selling my psp :pac:

Probably best trading it in now if it's just gathering dust... Try GAME, Xtravision, Gamestop and HMV just ring and see which offers the best... Trade in price may drop by Febuary and keep the credit safe or something..

probably better just selling it on adverts for 50% more money

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/psvita-games-box-art-revealed-plus-every-game-in-development/

All the game officially announced that i could find, plus some of the box art in the link above.

Army Corps of Hell, Square Enix;

Asphalt: Injection, Ubisoft;

Disgaea 3 Return, NIS America;

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, Ubisoft;

Dynasty Warriors Next, Tecmo Koei;

EA Sports FIFA Football, EA;

F1 2011, Codemasters;

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7, WB Games;

Lumines Electronic Symphony, Ubisoft;

Michael Jackson: The Experience HD, Ubisoft;

Ninja Gaiden (working title), Tecmo Koei;

OddWorld: Strangers Wrath, OddWorld Inhabitants; Puddle, Neko Entertainment;

Pure Chess, RebelPlay;

Putty Squad Vita, System 3;

Rayman Origins, Ubisoft;

Ridge Racer, Bandai Namco;

Shinobido 2, Bandai Namco;

Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Konami;

Stardrone Extreme, BeatShapers;

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz, SEGA;

Supremacy MMA, 505 Games;

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Drinkbox Studios;

The Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, Alawar Entertainment;

Touch My Katamari, Bandai Namco;

Troopies, Bloober Team;

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom;

Urban Trials, Tate Multimedia;

Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition, SEGA;

Orc Attack, Casual Brothers;

Ben 10 Galactic Racing, Bandai Entertainment;

Dragon’s Racing, Ignition Entertainment;

Robot Rescue Revolution, Teyon;

Mortal Kombat, WB Games;

Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft;

Bioshock, Take Two;

Street Fighter X Tekken, Capcom;

Call of Duty, Activision Blizzard

Ridge racer only has 5 cars and 3 tracks , if thats the future of gaming , im quitting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Ridge racer only has 5 cars and 3 tracks , if thats the future of gaming , im quitting :pac:
    If that future also includes DLC, when, if all of the packs are bought cost €100 or above, add me to the list of quitters. Gaming will only crash and burn if that happens.

If that future also includes DLC, when, if all of the packs are bought cost €100 or above, add me to the list of quitters. Gaming will only crash and burn if that happens.

Ridge racer is reported full price , thats just bollox low life company greed

that's only going to happen if people pay for it. idiots are the problem not the developers and publishers

Ridge racer is reported full price

Link?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement