Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Helix wrote: »
    Varik wrote: »
    So, vats going up by 2%(probably).

Yea i get to spend more on my Vita as well as everything else or i'm taking a short trip and giving some other country my money.

so you're going to save the €5.00 extra your vita is going to cost you by travelling to another country to buy it? logic fail

Would have been going anyway at some point might as well time it for vita.

or that saved 5 could note cover buying it online some uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

or that saved 5 could note cover buying it online some uk.

except with the exchange rate itll cost you €12 more to buy it online in the uk without the postage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does anyone know if the Vita will be released in Singapore the same time as Tokyo? I'll be passing through at the start of Jan and would defo pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

aeLsi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 habanaboy

Anyone have any news on the Vita Launch in Ireland? Any official dates, bundle options, multiplayer features? I heard that it's in Mid-February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Apparently Feb 22nd.

This thread is updated regularly enough with Vita info:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056322742

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Feb 22nd, if you pre order you get a fiver off a select game (Escape plan being the best) a pair of blue earphones and some avatar items tshirts etc for PS home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Feb 22nd, if you pre order you get a fiver off a select game (Escape plan being the best) a pair of blue earphones and some avatar items tshirts etc for PS home.

Is this for all stores or just certain stores?

Is this for all stores or just certain stores?

According to an e-mail I got today, GAME, HMV, Amazon, GameStation, Argos and Blockbuster are doing it - both the Wifi and 3G versions.

Better get it pre-ordered so... Now just to save up the funds...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

official preorders get it a week early too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Still no word on EU/US memory card prices? Not a chance i'd consider pre-ordering until details are known.

Was reading that if you buy the largest card the the high discounts for psn versions of games will mean that after 8 games it's paid for itself, but it's a big initial cost along with the vita.

Was reading that if you buy the largest card the the high discounts for psn versions of games will mean that after 8 games it's paid for itself, but it's a big initial cost along with the vita.

What you mean by the high discounts for psn versions of games?... Is the full games going to be cheaper to buy in the PS Store than in game shops?

What you mean by the high discounts for psn versions of games?... Is the full games going to be cheaper to buy in the PS Store than in game shops?

Yes, according to Sony. I was reading that the games could be discounted almost 40%, meaning about eight games will cover the cost of a 32GB memory card with their savings.

Otacon wrote: »
    Yes, according to Sony. I was reading that the games could be discounted almost 40%, meaning about eight games will cover the cost of a 32GB memory card with their savings.

That's in addition to the discount on PSN stuff for the vita that will be out for the first few months of release.

Looking by Japanese prices there are some good discounts over the albeit inflated Japanese price for games.

It's a lot of money on day 1 and i'm not sure how long it take for me to buy enough games to start making a saving but i probably do it to go along with any PLUS stuff that may be included.

Great move by Sony, but I will admit I do prefer the ole cases etc... Might only buy games I am definately going to keep in the store..

Been reconfirmed that the Vita will only allow you to register one account.

Via Joystiq.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

How is the 3G version going to work? Is it free or will you have to sign a contract/pay as you go?

I'd be happy enough with the normal wi-fi to just play online at home but if the 3G is free (like the kindle) then it'd be worth the extra dosh.

How is the 3G version going to work? Is it free or will you have to sign a contract/pay as you go?

I'd be happy enough with the normal wi-fi to just play online at home but if the 3G is free (like the kindle) then it'd be worth the extra dosh.

Vodafone are the Irish partner. You'll have to pay per month for it, not sure how much though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Thanks. Wi-fi only it is so.

Thanks. Wi-fi only it is so.

If you have a decent enough smartphone, you can turn it into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot to use with your Vita. That's my plan anyway.

Been reconfirmed that the Vita will only allow you to register one account.

Via Joystiq.

You need to reset it to change, it was said that accounts were tired to cards but now it's both.

What I want to know is if I take out the EU account card, reset the vita which would only lose the account and wifi setting can I then insert a card with my US stuff and set up vita for that account or will each card be set for once instance of the account on the vita.

And visas versa.

Possible stupid question: Where is the memory card slot? Or is the game slot also where the card goes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Some prices from play.com, they aren't that good with £=> € conversion.

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=playstation+vita

PlayStation Vita 16GB Memory Card
    £39.99

PlayStation Vita 8GB Memory Card
    £27.99

PlayStation Vita 4GB Memory Card
    £14.99 Free delivery

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    £39.99

WipEout 2048 (PlayStation Vita)
    £29.99

Modnation Racers: Roadtrip
    £29.99 Free delivery

Kotaku.com wrote:
    The official pricing, included with all the other accessories in today's launch lineup announcement, comes in $10 less for the 4GB card ($19.99) and $20 less for the super-size 32GB card ($99.99). The 8GB and 16GB cards will cost $29.99 and $59.99, respectively, according to Sony.

Also no 32GB for Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I think you'd have to be nuts to buy a Vita in EU/UK. When my aunt is going to the US in Spring I'll get the Vita (wifi only), 16GB memory card, Uncharted and Little Deviants all for only €283 (dollars converted). Much more better value than getting the Vita on its own for €250 here! Anyone else going to buy in the US?

Actually, I might go for the 32GB for an extra €30 :D

• Advertisement

DarkDusk wrote: »
    I think you'd have to be nuts to buy a Vita in EU/UK. When my aunt is going to the US in Spring I'll get the Vita (wifi only), 16GB memory card, Uncharted and Little Deviants all for only €283 (dollars converted). Much more better value than getting the Vita on its own for €250 here! Anyone else going to buy in the US?

Actually, I might go for the 32GB for an extra €30 :D

I take it your not factoring in tax?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement