Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I'd imagine 4pp, most 330ml btls of beer are 4pp. Its a good estimate anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Supermummy wrote: »
    im still looking to know how many pro points in a BUD lite, is it1pp as is a low cal larger or is it like the coors lite the same points as say an ordinary larger. Drank a few at weekend and I so dont know how to point them. Any help would be appriciated. thanks

Hi Supermummy. Bud Lite's alcohol content is 4.2% like Coors Lite etc so it's a light low calorie beer not low alcohol. This means I'd assume it's 4pp per bottle same as the others.

It's the low alchohol larger (I think it's like Becks or something not sure) that's 1pp

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Yeahhhhh me! 1 pound down at Wi today so there's my September off to a good start, I actually managed to gain 2 and a half in August, so gutting but now here I am again saying 5 pounds to goal!! Hen at the weekend and will make good choices but there's no point pretending! There will be lots of alcohol.. Going back to evening Wi next week as I was skipping the meeting to run back into work, but not staying doesn't work for me.. I'm prepared to be up next week anyway, evening wi's put me almost 2 pounds heavier, but I'll take it, get to stay for the meeting and get to gold before Christmas!! I'm giving myself that as a present!!! The gift of gold:)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    when i do start driving confidently....i say it might actually make me more active! I'll be able to go to the gym, I'll be able to do thinks like take the dogs to the beach and woods and walk ways and go for walks, Take part in more charity walks and stuff like that...always seeing "events" id love to do...but no way of getting there.

But I wont be driving around on my own yet for a VERY long time. have to wait 6 months anyways before i can apply for my test. I paid my deposit for South Africa tonight. So now I have a deadline to work to....10 months to get thru college, lose weight (30lbs hopefully) and get my full licence!

Ohhh you have so much to look forward to.. and im sure you will be looking and feeling great for all those events! and the shopping for south africa will be great fun when you get to buy new clothes cos of weight watchers.. thats what im most excited about... a new wardrobe! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PharmNS

Hi all!

Have been slightly off the wagon the last while, nothing awful just demotivated. Trying to make more of an effort this week and get back to basics in a bid to kick-start things again.

However, I have this one major reservation about the PP plan and i think thats on my mind. Basically, it bugs the hell out of me that foods which have healthy fats/oils are so disproportionately high in PP. I have very high cholesterol and am hoping losing weight and improving my diet will help this. Yet, if i want to eat foods that aid in cholesterol reduction I have hardly any points left for anything else. I'm thinking of oily fish as an example. Just had two small pieces of mackerel (95g each).............11PP!!! There are zillions of studies out there that show that these good fats don't have a negative impact on weight (in reasonable quantities) yet WW treat them the same as the fat in a snickers. Frustrating!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

and as of today I also need to start shopping for glasses. Just back from eye test...need glasses for computer work. I'm not surprised! Cos my eyes used to get so tired when I was in college.

Track Track Track Today :D

and as of today I also need to start shopping for glasses. Just back from eye test...need glasses for computer work. I'm not surprised! Cos my eyes used to get so tired when I was in college.

Track Track Track Today :D

That could be a great thing for you! Having a really funky unusual pair of glasses makes me feel so much better about my image. If I feel heavy or am fed up with my crappy clothes at least I feel I have one cool accessory. Even if my eyesight magically repaired itself overnight there is no way I'd give up my black and pink glasses!! So, no laser surgery for me either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Hi guys..just wondering does reaching your 5% goal mean your half way to reaching your goal...im new to weighwatchers,only joined 4 weeks ago so still getting the hang of it!
    Thanks!

audi02 wrote: »
    Hi guys..just wondering does reaching your 5% goal mean your half way to reaching your goal...im new to weighwatchers,only joined 4 weeks ago so still getting the hang of it!
    Thanks!

Not necessarily Audi02 - it depends how much you have to lose, or want to lose. Some people might only need to lose 10% of their starting weight in which case 5% would be halfway. But, others might need to lose anything up to 50% or more maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

Hi Everyone, been off the radar and off the plan for a month or so,work stress, hayfever and a cold all contribiting to the just dont have any motivation feeling, anyway, i weighed myself at home last night and am back to it. 4lbs up but a lot of that could be from weekend boozing am hoping. 15 more weigh ins till christmas, goal 20lbs off, think that that is achievable. Am going to treat myself the the ww magazine this evening, the new one is out, anyone got it yet? I was in lidl last night and they had some jars of ww sauces for €1.29 each, the roasted tomato pasta one, 2pp per half can and the tikka masala one, 3 pp per half can. Bought them, useful to have for those rainy evenings when you can't be bothered with from scratch. Chat soon and keep up the great work!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Having a very bad week food wise, not eating crap but just eating too much of the right things - if we forget the chocolate fudge cake Saturday night! Off work too for rest of week, have bad dose of conjunctivitis and haven't been exercising.

brenmcp wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, been off the radar and off the plan for a month or so,work stress, hayfever and a cold all contribiting to the just dont have any motivation feeling, anyway, i weighed myself at home last night and am back to it. 4lbs up but a lot of that could be from weekend boozing am hoping. 15 more weigh ins till christmas, goal 20lbs off, think that that is achievable. Am going to treat myself the the ww magazine this evening, the new one is out, anyone got it yet? I was in lidl last night and they had some jars of ww sauces for €1.29 each, the roasted tomato pasta one, 2pp per half can and the tikka masala one, 3 pp per half can. Bought them, useful to have for those rainy evenings when you can't be bothered with from scratch. Chat soon and keep up the great work!!!!!

that the october ww mag?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

yep the oct mag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I got the October mag, its quite good, has a few nice looking recipes in it and success stories.. a good read ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

brenmcp wrote: »
    yep the oct mag

have to say i find their food dishes manky , nothing normal in them

have to say i find their food dishes manky , nothing normal in them

since they revamped it a few months ago it is WAAAAAAY better than it used to be! :) I've tried alot of the recipes...and alot of dishes/recipes I've been trying ww magazine have featured pretty simular recipes...:)

one can always tweak the recipes....I don't always follow them to the T but I'll use them as a core and add or subtract pp as required till I get a dish I like. :)

Tracking going well today :) got my pink little note book, every bite i write...even if its a zero pp strawberry! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just back from weigh in, lost half a pound. Not overly pleased but a loss is a loss and had a big loss last week so I don't feel too bad.

Damage will be done tonight - going out for a chinese because I passed my driving test this morning!!!!!!!

Third time taking it, so pleased to pass it.

lizt wrote: »
    Just back from weigh in, lost half a pound. Not overly pleased but a loss is a loss and had a big loss last week so I don't feel too bad.

Damage will be done tonight - going out for a chinese because I passed my driving test this morning!!!!!!!

Third time taking it, so pleased to pass it.

CONGRATS! You must be thrillllllllled! well done! i was just over the moon to have got thru the theory test!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

CONGRATS! You must be thrillllllllled! well done! i was just over the moon to have got thru the theory test!

Yeah really pleased, had a really stressful morning involving me tearing down the road to get a break light fixed 15 minutes before my test! But just happy to pass!

Just back from weigh in, down half a pound, the half pound I gained last week!! I'm just glad I didn't gain,because to be honest I did not deserve a loss!

Gonna sort my meals out tonight,enough is enough!

• Advertisement

Oh and I'm sure most that go to the meetings know this, its 14 weeks till Christmas, a pound a week and you'll have a stone off!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

just back from weigh-in, down 3pounds! couldn't believe it! was so determined after gaining .5lb last week! gonna keep that determination going! :)

so far today tracking going REALLY well! :) i've had dinner and i'm stuffed :D

still have a few points later which I've already allocated to ryvita and cream cheese.

Plan Track Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

hey, last night for my tea i had scrambled eggs with tomatoes , i used one whole egg, with three extra egg whites! I had them with two ryvita. it was really filling but is there a maximum number of egg whites you can have before you have to point them? It just seemed too good to be true to have such a filling supper for 3pp!

nanofano wrote: »
    hey, last night for my tea i had scrambled eggs with tomatoes , i used one whole egg, with three extra egg whites! I had them with two ryvita. it was really filling but is there a maximum number of egg whites you can have before you have to point them? It just seemed too good to be true to have such a filling supper for 3pp!

1 egg white = 0pp
    2 egg whites = 1pp
    10 egg whites is 2pp (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

nanofano wrote: »

1 egg white = 0pp
    2 egg whites = 1pp
    6 egg whites = 2pp
    10 egg whites = 3pp
    14 egg whites = 4pp

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Just home from Weigh In and I'm down 4.5lb this week got my first silver seven after two weeks.. very happy total of 9.5lb gone in two weeks... :)

Very happy Bunny!

Done eating for the night! and I'm UNDER my daily points..been a while since i've done that....tracking properly day 1.... SUCCESS!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

PharmNS wrote: »
    Not necessarily Audi02 - it depends how much you have to lose, or want to lose. Some people might only need to lose 10% of their starting weight in which case 5% would be halfway. But, others might need to lose anything up to 50% or more maybe.
    Thanks a mill thats a help anyway. I must ask my leader at my meeting this week. Thanks

• Advertisement

audi02 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill thats a help anyway. I must ask my leader at my meeting this week. Thanks

Hey if you look at the back of one of your books it will give you 5% and 10% of your starting weight,and also gives recommended weight for your height.. not sure what exact book but can check when I get home...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement