Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,099 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Completed the City2Surf 14km run on sunday,
    Starts in Sydney CBD, and finishes on Bondi Beach.
    Anyone that know sydney, will know that's in ridiculous hilly.

Here's the elevation of the course, that 2km hill in the middle is nicknamed heartbreak hill.
    Gradient%20map.JPG

Was aiming for 70mins, but crossed in 63.08, pretty delighted with that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

CWS is opening with 865lbs in the squat this weekend at the SPF Pro/Am.

I can see him getting a grand quite soon, he'll def get 950+ this weekend.

Some f*cking unit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

CWS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Hanley wrote: »
    CWS?

Chad Wesley Smith.

Yep Chad Wesley Smith and he lifts Raw Dogg

• Advertisement

Da Za wrote: »
    Yep Chad Wesley Smith and he lifts Raw Dogg

I thought he lifted 865?

I thought he lifted 865?

As far as I know that's what he got last time and is opening with it. Unreal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

295671_224750264238604_208939265819704_622917_368751_n.jpg

Some digits would be nice, science-boy.

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Where's the magnitude in that?

four reds+a yellow+an ickle red+collar = 260 magic beans

• Advertisement

Awesome.

Is he old enough to buy drink yet?

He's 22 in september. Not old enough in Iran though!

I'm pretty much on the verge of finally been able to do handstands. Had a look at a beast skills tutorial and did some headstands, figured out how to use my hands for balance from there and 5 minutes later I'm holding handstands for 5 seconds.

Studying? Pah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'm pretty much on the verge of finally been able to do handstands. Had a look at a beast skills tutorial and did some headstands, figured out how to use my hands for balance from there and 5 minutes later I'm holding handstands for 5 seconds.

Studying? Pah!

when your a jobless bum you can do them on street corners while begging.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm pretty much on the verge of finally been able to do handstands. Had a look at a beast skills tutorial
    On beastskills they do handstands against the wall the way most people do, that is kicking yourself up so your face is away from the way.

On a gymnastics site, www.gymnasticbodies.com many of them recommend doing it the other way, your face facing the wall. I think it might be better for training balance, not certain of other advantages. This facing the wall sounded weird and is tricky to get into at first, you must walk your way up the wall.

This is also a great exercise

Here is another which shows how you walk up the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Studying? Pah!

5 minutes? Bah, spent months getting up to be able to do them. I had a good bit of strength to gain first but the balancing part is taking ages to get right and every few failures I miss my roll out and land square on my back >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

Anyone tried the Poundstone shake yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

gymsoldier wrote: »
    Anyone tried the Poundstone shake yet?

yeah, I've done it when I wasn't really hungry, or when I was in a rush. You need to use lots of water or its hard to swallow, and it also made me gag, but its really convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

I really should have worded that differently

• Advertisement

Turns out handstand push ups are easy. Tried some there and just did a set of 5 without any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Turns out handstand push ups are easy. Tried some there and just did a set of 5 without any trouble.
    Pro tip: Tape a pillow to the top of your head :D

Owen_S wrote: »
    Pro tip: Tape a pillow to the top of your head :D

Not really that important when you can rep them out effortlessly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

If you have a BW press you'll get 20+ in no time. It's just getting used to the movement.

token wrote: »
    If you have a BW press you'll get 20+ in no time. It's just getting used to the movement.

I doubt I do anymore, but I did 8 without too much bother on my 3rd attempt at them. I ight do em tabata style as part of my experiment mentioned in the other CF thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

token wrote: »

I doubt I do anymore, but I did 8 without too much bother on my 3rd attempt at them. I ight do em tabata style as part of my experiment mentioned in the other CF thread!

Aren't your FAE's in 7 days??!

Michael 09 wrote: »
    Aren't your FAE's in 7 days??!

Give or take...

The HSPUs required 3 steps from my desk and about 15-20 seconds. I skipped training tonight to study, cut me some slack!!

Are you sitting them too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Are handstand push-ups as hard as a bodyweight press? My 1RM is pretty close to my bodyweight, might have a go at these.

Didn't you press 90 or something a few months ago?
    I mean short of a bout of AIDS you surely can't have been surprised that a HSPU was still there.

• Advertisement

Owen_S wrote: »
    Are handstand push-ups as hard as a bodyweight press? My 1RM is pretty close to my bodyweight, might have a go at these.

Significantly easier.
    d'Oracle wrote: »
    Didn't you press 90 or something a few months ago?
    I mean short of a bout of AIDS you surely can't have been surprised that a HSPU was still there.

Strict pressed bodyweight in the gym about 8 months ago.... I figured I'd be able to do a few like, but it was my first time trying them and have seen people complain about how hard they are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement