Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Think you're pretty fearless ... well, I beg to differ. I raise you:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Think you're pretty fearless ... well, I beg to differ. I raise you:

Holy Sh1t!
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Holy Sh1t!
    :eek::eek::eek:

Those guys do not feck about Aido!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Good luck to everyone getting the leaving cert results tomorrrow morning, just think about tomorrow night ;):D But seriously even if we dont get what we want, its not the end of the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

I failed my leving cert nearly three years ago now and Iam fully qualified to repair computers after two effortless years in FETAC :) Their just like cars every household has at least one and are always needing maintenence (yeah I know I spelt that wrong :pac: ) Best of luck to all awaiting results !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone getting the leaving cert results tomorrrow morning, just think about tomorrow night ;):D But seriously even if we dont get what we want, its not the end of the world!

But some of the memories from results night could be,haha :p

Anyway, like the others have said, best of luck to those getting those getting results in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I was fairly nervous getting them, i was nearly afraid to open them to be greeted with disappointment. Turns out i passed everything and will be starting my college course in 2 weeks! Hope everyone got what they wanted points wise and enjoy tonight! Essay over :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I was fairly nervous getting them, i was nearly afraid to open them to be greeted with disappointment. Turns out i passed everything and will be starting my college course in 2 weeks! Hope everyone got what they wanted points wise and enjoy tonight! Essay over :P

I was the same. Turned out i done better than i thought getting 420 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Firing .22lr M1 Carbine...possibly the most fun I've ever had:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Go to the US.
    Find a firing range.
    Bring your passport and wallet.
    Do the prep course.
    Ask for a Garand.
    Put 150 rounds through it.
    Edit your post above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

NakedDex wrote: »
    Go to the US.
    Find a firing range.
    Do the prep course.
    Ask for a Garand.
    Edit your post above.

True..it was fun by Irish standards anyway:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Go to the US.
    Find a firing range.
    Do the prep course.
    Ask for a Garand.
    Edit your post above.

Seen some neat stuff here in Little ol Ireland too from looking at shooting sections of boards and visiting Midlands Range in Co Offaly.
    Kar98's (lovely to fire) .303 smle, SL8 made to look like an SL9 M4(semi only chambered in .22), AR15 based rifle bloke in Limerick got one licensed for hunting!!! Glocks, P226 and various other things you would not ever think would be allowed in the country. Bull Pup semi-auto rifles in .22lr, Rugars with banana style mags. Would love a SAKO TRG
    but its about 3 grand and another grand and a half for a scope. There is even a 1200m range in Ireland for those fortunate enough to be able to afford to shoot out to that distance (with Irish ammo prices being Nuts)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Well Done.

I cant remember what I got in my leaving cert (class of 94).
    I know I got an E in Technical drawing despite being very good at it normally. I remember being in the exam and not believing the questions were so easy so I interpreted them wrong and kicking myself later when the idiot in the class done well.

Also when I was in school Computers was not considered an actual Subject that gave you points in most colleges and Uni's except in Limerick at the time. My leaving cert for Computers came from UL at the time.

Doing computers was done at the time instead of doing a foreign language so that screwed me when I later applied to the Army Cadets as I did not meet basic qualifications and it required a foreign language at the time.

I remember getting my results over the phone. I was on the set of Braveheart when it was being filmed in Ireland with the FCA as extras.
    I was in a Kilt with my face full of Mud, and there was a queue a mile long
    for the phonebox where all people from the FCA who had lied about their age when signing up were waiting to ring the Mammy or Daddy to get their results.

Ended up doing Computer Programming in Limerick, not getting a grant as was not living far enough from the college, Hating Pascal and Cobol, and completely failing my first years exams cos I left early to meet my first girlfriend cos I was a horny teenager. She dumped me that year and I became a drop out. Later went on to do a HND in electronic engineering where I learned absoultly nothing at all via a night course, did a fas course and landed on my feet working for a semi-conducter company in 97 and am stuck in the place ever since hating every single day of my Job. :D
    But it pays the bills!

If I knew back then what I know now what I actually might of liked to do as a career when doing my leaving, I would have kept art after the Intercert and pursued trying to get into something like special effects or designing movie sets. Would have LOVED to have a job working on the likes
    of the Lord of the Rings sets making scenery and models etc.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

c4e9e91b8a9860ffeefb6dc37da94ebf.jpg
    3ca761d55decfd80d2fa8e027df9d438.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Congrats to all the Leaving Certers, pass or fail, make the best of it. :)
    bullets wrote: »
    Also when I was in school Computers was not considered an actual Subject
    Lucky you.. when I was in school the feckin things hadn't even been invented yet.. anyone remember spectrum 48's and commodore 64's?

God I'm gettin old.. :rolleyes:

:D

Steve wrote: »

Lucky you.. when I was in school the feckin things hadn't even been invented yet.. anyone remember spectrum 48's and commodore 64's?

I had a C64. The bloody tape reader never worked for the thing. And sweet jesus, the codes you had to type in. If you lost one of the code sheets. Bye bye game. No internet back then :(

I hear ya man!
    I remember playing the ZX81 - when it was cutting edge... :D:rolleyes:

Now, where's my zimmer...:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

swiftblade wrote: »
    I had a C64. The bloody tape reader never worked for the thing. And sweet jesus, the codes you had to type in. If you lost one of the code sheets. Bye bye game. No internet back then :(
    Yeah, and the only way to copy games back then was to duct tape two cassette recorders together, press play on one and record on the other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

im on tv in 30 mins, see if ya can spot the sa58!

thermo wrote: »

What channel Lar?

• Advertisement

Yeah, spill... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

rte 1, program called bombings, its a documentary on the attack on the miami show band in 1975, im in the re-construction scenes.

*hits record*

Yeah, and the only way to copy games back then was to duct tape two cassette recorders together, press play on one and record on the other :D

C64, Atari 2600 and a Spectrum. I still laugh when kids complain about ten second loading times on their Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

rte 1, program called bombings, its a documentary on the attack on the miami show band in 1975, im in the re-construction scenes.

I Seeeeeeeeeeeee Youuuuuuuu :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Ah lad, you got blown the **** up! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

C64, Atari 2600 and a Spectrum. I still laugh when kids complain about ten second loading times on their Xbox.

Thank god I missed the times of loading games off tapes :D

Thank god I missed the times of loading games off tapes :D

There were times on the C64 where you really didn't know if it crashed or was still loading. Thats how long the load times where. And the controller (if you were lucky enough to have one) was a piece of poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

swiftblade wrote: »
    There were times on the C64 where you really didn't know if it crashed or was still loading. Thats how long the load times where. And the controller (if you were lucky enough to have one) was a piece of poo feat of technical brilliance for the time.

FYP :)

• Advertisement

No, he's right. It had all the control qualities of a marmoset on an ice sheet after an oil spillage during a hurricane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement