Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

KonFusion wrote: »
    Anyone know a decent tactical clothing supplier/website (one that stocks 5.11 gear would be a plus) in the EU that's reasonably priced and has a large range?

I know a good few UK sites, but they all seem very expensive, however I'm open to correction. Thanks :)

Did you try thecamoshop.ie?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Did you try thecamoshop.ie?

Did indeed, but thanks for the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

This is why we should all love the US of A.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

while browsing saw the ol green white and gold on someone
    on this website, wonder if the pic in question was actually an Irish player.
    http://www.airstrike.lt/

(I was googling where to buy a concave spacer/hop up nub at the time)

~b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Google returns this with an image search, googling his name tape brings you top a Russian domain and seemingly a team website here. I don't know how to select another language on the site but given the Irish at the top, they are either linking to the Fighting 69th or just like the phrase and Ireland:P

Googling finished for today:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Blay wrote: »
    Google returns this with an image search, googling his name tape brings you top a Russian domain and seemingly a team website here. I don't know how to select another language on the site but given the Irish at the top, they are either linking to the Fighting 69th or just like the phrase:P

I met a few of those lads at Berget a few years ago, they based their entire team around Irish stuff, patches, names, etc. They had even learned some Irish phrases to issue orders. Boy, were they happy to meet actual real life Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Blay wrote: »
    Google returns this with an image search, googling his name tape brings you top a Russian domain and seemingly a team website here. I don't know how to select another language on the site but given the Irish at the top, they are either linking to the Fighting 69th or just like the phrase and Ireland:P

it russian airsoft it is common practice for teams to be based on nationality but without a focus on accuracy so they more than likely went with irish and then found out about the 69th but the connection and context got lost a little in translation

My girlfriend has this uncanny ability to identify people in movies/TV that
    have stared in other things were you would never ever ever cop it.

Tonight was a superb example. She saw the General in Full Metal Jacket while on ITV
    while asking joker about the peace symbol on his jacket and noticed it
    was Mr. Hamilton from the episode of faulty towers where the Canadian/American asked for the Waldorf salad! how she does it I dunno :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Boa

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Does anyone know if tesco clearwater stock AI ? Or was it just Take aim they stocked? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

I dont think any tesco stores either anymore there was only two places I couldd get take aim and that was the book centre in waterford city and the tesco's shoping centre in Tramore and I could only ever find AI in the book Centre and Iam from Cork :pac: also when I enquired about take aim in both stores I was informed they had stoped printing :( AI is better anyway at least they include the price in three currencies in their revies which is one of the places where TA whent wrong :P

Been goggling Lonex since they brought out those nice
    Pull-string mags.

They appear to go under the name of Bravo too.
    http://www.lonex.com.tw/web/htm/aeg_en.html
    http://www.bravoairsoft.com/

I just had to giggle when I saw they made
    Optical & Ceramic product /Car parts/Airsoft parts and Stationary Pens and Biros! :D

Jack of all trades!

~B

A day of frustration.

Bought an 5KU re-enforced gear box shell with 9mm bushings thinking it would make a nice upgrade and learning bit of kit.
    Although it came with bushings a spring set and a shim set and outside screws you still needed your selector plate,
    safety parts and trigger contacts and screws from the old gearbox.

I took all the old gearbox apart and transferred everything into the new shell.
    Thats when the trouble started!

Pieces did not fit, holes were not large enough on the new shell, holes were misaligned, there was flashing everywhere, there was missing pillar around the trigger contacts so they could no longer be screwed in place, the selector plate would not fit and needed adjust stock parts to fit new shell. The fit of the gears and bearings meant I needed to file/scrape away part of the shell, Spent ages trying to get the right shimming, Put it all together and gear box is slightly thinker than the old one! and wont bloody align in the receiver, and the fire selector switch will only turn from safe to semi and sticks before going to auto.

I spent ages making sure the shims would not cause any problems but looks
    like the fit of the shell is a little crudely make so needs a heck of a lot more work to get it the same thickness, and get things fitted perfectly.

Real headache. I should of just bought replacement bushings for the stock
    gearbox shell!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

stupid question. are you sure it's teh right version of gearbox for the AEG>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So, who here was at the Zombie walk? Fair few softers there(some stuck to the rules and brought nerf, but most just brought aegs and gbbs).

Pics in a little while(have a nice one over the top of an M4 down westmoreland :D

T4RGET wrote: »
    stupid question. are you sure it's teh right version of gearbox for the AEG>

yep, have a lots of torment I've a functioning AEG again but tis still needs
    a little work.

~B

259852_1450322876198_1777020561_675331_5635740_n.jpg

Only time you'll see airsoft there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Still no Amy Winehouse jokes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I'll get the ball rolling so:

I wonder what's going through Amy Winehouse's head now - apart from embalming fluid. Apparently if they filtered her blood they could extract pure cocaine.

They told her to go to the doctor but she said no! no! no!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

I feel bad for her dealer, thats a dent in their pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

For all the Walking Dead fans that havent seen the season 2 trailer!
    !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Please leave the jokes regarding the Late Amy Winehouse off the forum.
    Please have some respect for the dead.

If you were dead you wouldnt like comment such as the above spread about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

andy_g wrote: »

If you were dead you wouldnt like comment such as the above spread about you.
    If I were dead, I'd just haunt the crap out of them in revenge.

What would that make her? a white spirit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

andy_g wrote: »
    Please leave the jokes regarding the Late Amy Winehouse off the forum.
    Please have some respect for the dead.
    Respect for the dead my arse. Certainly not in an age of libel laws and nasty lawyers which means you can't say bad things about people who are still alive. I always preferred Voltaire's view: "To the living we owe respect. To the dead we owe only the truth"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Sure it's Ireland, people become saints when they die regardless of their life. Sure De Valera signed a book of condolences for Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Some folks have put her in the same category as Kurt Cobain, Hendrix, Elvis already... what the toaster?

All respect to the woman, and her family, rest in peace. She lived a troubled life, and obviously had problems we don't know about driving her to such things... her junky ex probably didnt help.

But killing herself does NOT make her the musical legend people are making out. Make her an example of what not to do, placing her on a pedestal of musical martyrdom is no the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

Sure it's Ireland, people become saints when they die regardless of their life. Sure De Valera signed a book of condolences for Hitler.

Eh no he sent a letter of condolence on behalf of the IRA to the German people
    because Germany supplied them with all their guns

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Who the fcuk is Amy Winehouse?
    Seriously. Never heard of the woman till I googled her just now.
    Maybe I'm getting old but a seemingly known drug and alcohol abuser kicking the bucket is hardly news any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement