Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Whatever these shower are on, I want some.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

It's funny - I don't know why but it's funny.

At least we now know what the number one cause of sickies on Australia is ....

possum attack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Whatever these shower are on, I want some.

Welcome to 2003!

Gerrowadat, it's impolite to point out that I've been out of circulation for a few years. I don't like to think about that time gap ... in the prison, they made me ... do things ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

in the prison, they made me ... do things ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

so will the REAL IAA stand up for the people that stand up for them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    so will the REAL IAA stand up for the people that stand up for them ?

Grow up man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

swiftblade wrote: »
    Grow up man.

Was watching "big" on film4 on Saturday.

Arkslippy wrote: »
    Was watching "big" on film4 on Saturday.

Good movie. Don't like Tom Hanks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I love Dicey, great guy, solid bloke.

But he literally must have just snorted a kilo of cocaine if he thinks hes going to win by taking a boards.ie mod on at quote tennis haha!

Fair play to Steve for letting that thread run a few :D

Also,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056350295

Brilliant thread, we are literally turning into the gutter press " reliable source" that is literally an exact translation, to someone who doesnt enjoy eating the sleeves of their Cedarwood state jumper from pennies

"I'm going to tell a whopper load of cock and ball combo here, but I might jsut get away with it"

HAHAHAH

TheDoc wrote: »
    someone who doesnt enjoy eating the sleeves of their Cedarwood state jumper from pennies

Awesome. That's me sorted for a new way to insult people! Wait though Doc - be careful ... oooooooh ... that could be defamatory to Pennies!
    You're associating their doubtlessly legendary products with a certain sort of hate inducing cretinous individual thereby damaging their company rep!

Bad form Doc - I think you're going to seriously need to start retaining some lawyers to deal with the inevitable back lash. Or perhaps the posts will just magically disappear and it'll all be kosher...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Scumbags, complete scumbags in Clapham - in some countries people have to fight just to live, there they're fighting and rioting over hair straighteners...

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Scumbags, complete scumbags in Clapham - in some countries people have to fight just to live, there they're fighting and rioting over hair straighteners...

Have to agree. Feel like punching the TV. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Have to agree. Feel like punching the TV. :mad:
    But then you'd break it and have to join the rioters to loot a new one...

Steve wrote: »
    But then you'd break it and have to join the rioters to loot a new one...

...or go and punch a few of them. Wouldn't fix the TV, but would make me feel better :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

...or go and punch a few of them. Wouldn't fix the TV, but would make me feel better :)
    Yeah, watching it on Sky News at the mo, it's very disturbing. I'm just thinking how easy it could spark off here given we've been infinitely more fncked up by our 'leaders'.

Steve wrote: »
    Yeah, watching it on Sky News at the mo, it's very disturbing. I'm just thinking how easy it could spark off here given we've been infinitely more fncked up by our 'leaders'.

What anoys me too is they keep refering back to the police shooting as the trigger for these other events, when in reality people just thought it would be good crack to kick up a fuss.
    Mob rule. Pople turn into nothing more than animals when in a crowd. You may even be surprised to find out some of those people rioting have normal everyday jobs, money, well educated. It's not just the lower classes.

But they won't be the ones who pay. They will go home tonight back to their beds, maybe have a brew, while others are left homeless. Lives destroyed. Pure and utter scum. :mad:

To hell with that lads - this isn't over some lad getting shot by police - this looks to be opportunism and sheer scumbag-ism.

I'm following this on on facebook (through friends status updates from people living there) and on newsnight - it's staggering to watch entire city blocks in Croydon up in flames.

Check this out:

http://twitter.com/#!/paullewis

Not the biggest fan of twitter, but for 'on the spot' reporting of this it's the only way to go.

/// latest seems to be that it's spread to Notting Hill - so it's not just the 'usual' areas...

When you see them breaking into a Ladbrokes you know it has nothing to do with a shooting.

People always complain the irish don't protest enough. Thank F**k they don't :eek:

• Advertisement

What anoys me too is they keep refering back to the police shooting as the trigger for these other events, when in reality people just thought it would be good crack to kick up a fuss.
    Mob rule. Pople turn into nothing more than animals when in a crowd. You may even be surprised to find out some of those people rioting have normal everyday jobs, money, well educated. It's not just the lower classes.

But they won't be the ones who pay. They will go home tonight back to their beds, maybe have a brew, while others are left homeless. Lives destroyed. Pure and utter scum. :mad:
    Well, the police shooting WAS the trigger.

Only its been spun to seem 'excessive' when infact yon yobbo, shot AT the police, wounding one, and the police were just better shots...
    They claim a special bobby also 'pushed' a young woman when they went to protest peacefully at the station... nobody says what she was doing though.. probably going for him... its all perspective
    End of the day, they wanted an excuse it seems... anyway, in typical British fasion, looters have been queuing... Only here...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Afro man was gonna loot.....but then he got high

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

283556_10150333097076944_676346943_9517534_665178_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Firekitten wrote: »
    Well, the police shooting WAS the trigger.

Only its been spun to seem 'excessive' when infact yon yobbo, shot AT the police, wounding one, and the police were just better shots...

Just a quick note, it's been established now that the guy in question never actually fired a shot. The police seem to have panicked and shot each other. Bearing that in mind, and given the already-unravelling official account of the incident, and the Met's fairly dubious form in that regard in recent years, I don't think its surprising that people don't take their word for it that the killing was justified.

It spiralled off into something else entirely now - same as the Love Ulster thing here - but the initial disturbance outside the police station was directly triggered by the shooting. Or, I suppose more accurately, the police's liaison people's very clumsy handling of events immediately after the shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Josef fritzl has spoken out in anger at the recent riots, blaming the cause on irresponsible parenting he said ''you never saw my kids out on the street like that!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

What I really hate the most about these riots are the lives that are ruined, and those that are being taken away. Many people have lost their homes and livelihood to the rioters, but what about the people that have been killed in these riots? I know about four people that were killed in these riots, so the rioters solution to one death is to kill more? One man was shot in his car and three men were ran over by car. Also, when one man tried to help the three men who were knocked down, he discovered that one of them was his youngest son.

I don't think the word scumbags even begins to explain what some people are doing.

The riots has now hit dublin..gangs have raided Argos,and are now waiting at collection point C!!

My buddy Phillip had his lip removed today.

We call him Phil now.

Just a quick note, it's been established now that the guy in question never actually fired a shot. The police seem to have panicked and shot each other. Bearing that in mind, and given the already-unravelling official account of the incident, and the Met's fairly dubious form in that regard in recent years, I don't think its surprising that people don't take their word for it that the killing was justified.

It spiralled off into something else entirely now - same as the Love Ulster thing here - but the initial disturbance outside the police station was directly triggered by the shooting. Or, I suppose more accurately, the police's liaison people's very clumsy handling of events immediately after the shooting.
    you're right, somehow they managed to shoot eachother... however the man in question was armed, they recovered a firearm at the scene (no not an officers one).

Every time there's a police shooting, everyone questions it, over and over and over, every single case. I don't think i can recall one that hasn't been. Its great... the fact we can have a, few enough to question, and b, a society that CAN question the,, is amazing. However, nearly all resulted from operational decisions that were correct. This I expect, will also prove to be the case in this incident.
    Hindsight is a beautiful thing. A chairleg now, was an iminent, hidden threat 5 minutes before. Officers dont have that benefit.

If people wish to protest, or challenge a decision, or event, they can do it peacefully. Kicking off and destrtoying life and livelyhood is NOT the answer. End of the day... the police shot an armed gangster, the rioters have done far far worse. They do not occupy any form of moral high ground, or even a bit of a marshy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49 today! If you purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG,you would have $33. If you purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers, you would have $0 today. But, if you purchased $1,000 worth of beer, drank all the beer and turned in the aluminum cans for recycling, you would have $214. Therefore the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg Plan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement