Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

whydave wrote: »
    some good WW2 pics here !

anyone following this link just be aware it is NSFW

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

watched the boxing match last night, and have to say david haye is a joke. he spent more time on his knees praying Klitschko would not murder him in the ring than he did fighting. for all haye's talk before the fight i thought he would at least put up a fight!
    i lmfao when after the fight he had his boot off(to show the media his sore toe) to back up his excuse for a joke of a performance.

rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Klitchco has offered a rematch, handy money for him I suppose. Haye should have pulled out if his toe was an issue. Muppet.

If he had won it would have been "haye fights through pain barrier" yada yada

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

So glad i didnt order it on sky box office, would have been such a waste of 25 euro. Thats a day of skirmishing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I paid for it and I loved every second of it. Klitschko had said he'd go 12 roounds with Haye (for the max punishment before knocking him out) and his post-match interview he seemed really annoyed that he didn't KO him before the final bell.

All in all, a fantastic matrch and it just goes to show how full of hot air Haye was and is, and how you just don't **** with Eastern Europe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Having spent a fair bit of the day today carting around a M249 - I feel this dudes pain with the M240 Bravo - that's one heavy ass piece of kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I paid for it and I loved every second of it. Klitschko had said he'd go 12 roounds with Haye (for the max punishment before knocking him out) and his post-match interview he seemed really annoyed that he didn't KO him before the final bell.

All in all, a fantastic matrch and it just goes to show how full of hot air Haye was and is, and how you just don't **** with Eastern Europe!

In fairness to Haye that was probably his like first proper heavy weight fight, hes a cruiser weight that took the step up.

I understand him running his mouth a bit in previous fights since he was fighting has beings and nobodies, but going up against someone with a good reputation mouthing like that is asking for trouble.

His after match interview was pretty poor with his excuse.

But this is modern day boxing, loads of circus stuff before the fight, then a mediocre fight. I'm glad I didnt pay cause I think everyone knew what would happen.

Klitch just kept him controlled and at length and dropped some hurting bombs when he could, it was obvious Haye was going to have to get in close to do anything so it was easier for Klitch then Haye.

And by the end Haye was just throwing wildly, Haye looked very much built for speed in that fight but he didnt utilise it at all, and I've no doubt if he did have a toe injury that would cause problems because he just wasnt that agile at all and wasnt launching off his right.

But I always learned to get the excuse in early ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Sorry I didn't put money on Klitschko, it was a sure thing for him to win really.

Feel sorry for some guy on the boxing forum that put forward €50 for Klitschko to go down:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Blay wrote: »
    Feel sorry for some guy on the boxing forum that put forward €50 for Klitschko to go down:pac:

Feel sorry....for his downyness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Damn you Steam sale, wasting all my money! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

boomstickjq4.jpg

1818Dolled.jpg
    This one is for you Thermo !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

been there done that dave! have you ever seen a brown bess grenade launcher??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

AKs are for primates.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

There a competition here some of you guys might like to enter http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/IA-Competitions/ Win a 5.11 Multisham backpack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You have to know what brand of zip is used...

If anyone here does know, they should be mocked mercilessly for being a nerdy wee geardo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

YKK brand.

I don't know if that's right, but they make something like 80% of the zips worldwide so it's a 1-in-5 chance.

Yeah i looked in the product description it's YKK, as Dex said they make most zips worldwide oddly enough.

I say this with the utmost respect for you two, seriousness, humour, and for those of us on boards with social lifes, sex lives, friends, and log books with many hours 'outside'....

Nerds, pair of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

zero19 wrote: »
    There a competition here some of you guys might like to enter http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/IA-Competitions/ Win a 5.11 Multisham backpack

You're about 5 days too late, in a moment of weakness I ordered one earlier this week. I guess I'll have to enter the comp anyway.

And yes, I did know they used YKK zips. How? I didn't read the product brief, I actually watched the 5.11 product vid before ordering. Does that make me more or less nerdy/sad/pitiful??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

If you haven't tried it yet, you should! :)

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    I say this with the utmost respect for you two, seriousness, humour, and for those of us on boards with social lifes, sex lives, friends, and log books with many hours 'outside'....

Nerds, pair of you.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
    If it makes a difference, I replied to that message while on the way back from a night of jagerbombs, loud guitars and rooftop-snowboarding.

Just because I can recite the periodic table by atomic number doesn't mean I don't have a life.

Firekitten wrote: »

Nerds, pair of you.

Also a true nerd wouldn't have made a basic stats error. 4-in-5 chance, not 1-in-5.

Dear amazing Scottish beer, you clearly have after effects beyond headache and dehydration, but I'll forgive you because you are truly spectacular.

NakedDex wrote: »
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    If it makes a difference, I replied to that message while on the way back from a night of jagerbombs, loud guitars and rooftop-snowboarding.

Just because I can recite the periodic table by atomic number doesn't mean I don't have a life.
    damn it, so can I... ><

still, zipnerd!

It's less a case of zip-nerdery and more a case of watching too much Discovery Channel. The show "How It's Made" was responsible for that random piece of - until now - useless information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

NakedDex wrote: »
    It's less a case of zip-nerdery and more a case of watching too much Discovery Channel. The show "How It's Made" was responsible for that random piece of - until now - useless information.
    In defense of Dex (and other "Zip nerds"), YKK have a reputation as by far the best zip maker in the world. One of the recommended checks for the quality of any product, (and also to see if you are buying a fake) is to check the zip. If it doesn't say YKK be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭DBSound

VERY off topic I know but here's some music for you. :cool:
    'Who are you' is a new Demo that's only a few days old.
    The other 3 are from an EP we recorded a couple of years back.

http://soundcloud.com/cellardoorcobh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Bullets reminds himself....if its not broken dont open it!
    And dont get curious about how things work when drunk.

Those tiny tiny ickle ball bearings on the inside of 40mm grenades are very difficult to find at night and when you've been drinking cider.

Currently in the collection 1 grenade. Need 5 more for that revolver thing.

~B

If you need replacements, give me a shout. I replaced dozens in mine that deformed or were damaged/lost from the spares stores in work. Turns out that particular size is mere microns out from a size used in variable bleed valves on jet engines. I can get a few down to you.

Pro-tip for the future though, a dab of Vaseline in the aperture holding the ball bearing holds it in place and lubricates it without impeding operation. It also prevents it from rolling if it does fall out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Anyone know a decent tactical clothing supplier/website (one that stocks 5.11 gear would be a plus) in the EU that's reasonably priced and has a large range?

I know a good few UK sites, but they all seem very expensive, however I'm open to correction. Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement