Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I remember when Jo and Dermot went to see a doctor and it was confirmed that Jo couldn't have children. This was a long time ago. I remember the two of them in the doctor's office and they were devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Who's the blondey who was behind the bar in McCoy's tonight? Looks like even poor ol Stephen has to go off for regular oiling!

She should get some lines methinks!

I really thought Dermot was going to confront Jo when Ben announced that he had seen Tommy and Jo kissing. Tommy is a shallow character. I think Decco Bishop is credible as the thug. He is definitely better than Denzo! Pleased to see Wayne adding two and two together and arriving at four where Mark is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Who's the blondey who was behind the bar in McCoy's tonight? Looks like even poor ol Stephen has to go off for regular oiling!

She should get some lines methinks!

She's probably the FAS trainee.

Poor Stephen was the FAS trainee about 10 years ago but everybody forgot that he was there. He's keeping a very low profile in case he gets found out and is put on a Community Employment Scheme instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

So who do we think Tommy Dillon will move on to next?

tommydillonmustard.jpg
    "Dolores, can I keep my big tool in your box"

I think for the best jealously story lines it would have to be Orla.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: Tommy looks like Pat Mustard's son, that would explain it.

Tommy makes Pat Mustard look like a boy scout :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Was he a hairy baby ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Have to say i actually felt sorry for Jo last night. She has made a terrible mistake and she knows it. Tomy only saw her as a bit of fun and confirmed it for her last night.he has definitely been around!!

RE the pregnancy, i think i remember Jo discovering she carried the gene for that illness so she decided not to have kids?

LMFAO at Ben; Is Tommy my daddy too? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

When did dermot become so thick! His child says he saw Jo and Tommy kissing and he believes her stupid story.

• Advertisement

Dermot is gullible. Jo knows it and so does Tommy. Dermot looked at her for a second and believed Ben's query but... love is blind. Jo has him wrapped around her little finger and if she said the cat cooked the dinner he would believe her.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

Poor Stephen was the FAS trainee about 10 years ago but everybody forgot that he was there. He's keeping a very low profile in case he gets found out and is put on a Community Employment Scheme instead.

stephen speaks from time to time!! sometimes he says "ok" "there you go" "thanks". i remember a few months ago he actually said a whole sentence!!!!:eek: i had to be picked up off the floor.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

stephen speaks from time to time!! sometimes he says "ok" "there you go" "thanks". i remember a few months ago he actually said a whole sentence!!!!:eek: i had to be picked up off the floor.:D

One night after the credits roll they should cut back to McCoys. Stephen is there on his own, stacking chairs. He turns to the camera and says, "You know, being a barman is a funny kind of life." Then a few bittersweet personal anecdotes, and he launches into a smoky rendition of One More For My Baby (And One More For The Road).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

ameliajane wrote: »
    I remember when Jo and Dermot went to see a doctor and it was confirmed that Jo couldn't have children. This was a long time ago. I remember the two of them in the doctor's office and they were devastated.

I remember that too, I think they were trying for a baby and then found out that she had some kind of condition that meant she wouldn't be able to conceive.
    But lots of us have heard stories about women who were told they couldn't conceive and then years later found themselves pregnant against the odds ;)

I'm guessing, and I could well be wrong, that if Jo doesn't have Huntingtons disease then she's not carrying the gene.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

One night after the credits roll they should cut back to McCoys. Stephen is there on his own, stacking chairs. He turns to the camera and says, "You know, being a barman is a funny kind of life." Then a few bittersweet personal anecdotes, and he launches into a smoky rendition of One More For My Baby (And One More For The Road).

That reminds me of the bit in the meaning of life when Eric Idle is the French waiter talking about his life...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

julyjane wrote: »
    I remember that too, I think they were trying for a baby and then found out that she had some kind of condition that meant she wouldn't be able to conceive.
    But lots of us have heard stories about women who were told they couldn't conceive and then years later found themselves pregnant against the odds ;)

I'm guessing, and I could well be wrong, that if Jo doesn't have Huntingtons disease then she's not carrying the gene.

I would presume (apologies to all geneticists) that she has a recessive gene and Dermot does too...therefore if they have babies there's a good chance the child could have it. Whereas if Tommy doesn't have a recessive gene then he could have healthy babies with Jo. Not sure...but that's a hunch

Jo and Tommy baby storyline would just be too similar to Carol-Louie-Christy baby situation. Fair City have done this scenario so often. The Paul-yvonne- Louis saga wasn't too long ago either. I know it is a possible story but it can get a bit too boring watching the same old pattern emerging. Perhaps if Jo had a Down's Syndrome baby or a child with a severe disability it would inject some different drama to the story. It would be interesting to see how Tommy would react to the child and how Jo who is always trying to be a mothering figure in the story would react. Dermot being the devoted father would surely make even Tommy feel a little bit of guilt which seems to be lacking in his role of late. It would be interesting to see Judith advise Jo about the medical issues involved not knowing the child belongs to her husband.

Perhaps she will not just have one baby but twins or triplets and they all grow up to be identical to Nessa. Tommy will have to answer a few questions then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I cant see Jo becoming pregnant though. I think the affair will go on for a bit longer and ( surprise surprise ) Dermot will find out at Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

max life wrote: »
    I cant see Jo becoming pregnant though. I think the affair will go on for a bit longer and ( surprise surprise ) Dermot will find out at Christmas.

That would be orgional scripting by Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

I think Tommy will start ignoring Jo and she'll turn into a crazy mad stalker woman. We all know she has it in her!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

julyjane wrote: »

She can carry the gene without being a sufferer.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Going back a few episodes now but didn't like Judith's response to Tommy about his mistaken text re extra shifts "Are you from Cork now?". The cheek!!

Jo is wrecking my head at the mo - especially the way she calls everyone luv or luvvie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Kazbah wrote: »
    Going back a few episodes now but didn't like Judith's response to Tommy about his mistaken text re extra shifts "Are you from Cork now?". The cheek!!

Jo is wrecking my head at the mo - especially the way she calls everyone luv or luvvie!

Almost as bad as Niamh calling the children "Chicken"

ameliajane wrote: »
    Perhaps she will not just have one baby but twins or triplets and they all grow up to be identical to Nessa. Tommy will have to answer a few questions then.

That's something to look forward to in about 20 years time ;):D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Haven't seen a few episodes.

So what's the craic? Is Jo pregnant or wha?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

When will the Dermot and Orla affair begin.

If the writers were going to kill one character off, who would you like to see killed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PashaMasha

max life wrote: »
    If the writers were going to kill one character off, who would you like to see killed off?

The one thats bad at acting

• Advertisement

PashaMasha wrote: »
    The one thats bad at acting

Well that narrows it down ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement