Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

First innuendo of the evening:
    'Dad, why are we stopping?'
    'I've to nip into Jo.'

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

they have to let jo get pregnant through all this right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

To Barry:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Why didn't Dermot go into Phelan's to buy his wine like normal people would? Is it cos everyone who works in Phelan's is away for oiling this week?

And how much does the actor who plays Stephen get paid for his two words every 10th week? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Tommy Dillon is such a creep.

They way he was telling her to keep it quiet....
    I'd say hes at it all the time;)

Definitely. I wonder if that's why they left Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Why didn't Dermot go into Phelan's to buy his wine like normal people would? Is it cos everyone who works in Phelan's is away for oiling this week?

And how much does the actor who plays Stephen get paid for his two words every 10th week? :D

Did anyone notice he never brought the bottle home from the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Laois_Man wrote: »

haha stephen got a smile in there tonight. he must be there longer than alot of the main cast!

i laughed so hard at the posts on the previous page. agree with alot of what i read regarding actors.

i do think the bishop boys are grand though. i see people like that too, they are acting the part well.

leo is a bad actor, but i do like him. his hand movements make me laugh.
    agree about esther. don't think she was great at the emotional scenes, nor cass - but i do like cass.
    yes bob charles is king!

getting fed up with mark's scowly curled lips face.
    would be great if jo got pregnant by tommy. would like to know more about him and his dark past!

one thing i noticed - there's no foreigners in the show at the moment.
    they've done their token african and eastern europeans in the past, but there's none in there at the moment. it wouldn't be a fair representation of current dublin if they didn't have some foreigners floating about. just an observation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

one thing i noticed - there's no foreigners in the show at the moment.
    they've done their token african and eastern europeans in the past, but there's none in there at the moment. it wouldn't be a fair representation of current dublin if they didn't have some foreigners floating about. just an observation!
    They have one foreigner....Jo is from the People's Republic of Cork ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I think some of the "actoors" seem to think they're on the stage of the Abbey Theatre. They seem to feel the need to enunciate every word and to project their voices to the people sitting at the back. It must drive the sound men crazy. Dishonourable mentions to JO! and ESTHER! on that score.

I wish Benjamin would make up his mind about what he wants to be when he grows up. Tonight he wants to be a doctor, last night in the McDonalds ad, he wanted to be a van driver :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I think some of the "actoors" seem to think they're on the stage of the Abbey Theatre. They seem to feel the need to enunciate every word and to project their voices to the people sitting at the back. It must drive the sound men crazy. Dishonourable mentions to JO! and ESTHER! on that score.

I wish Benjamin would make up his mind about what he wants to be when he grows up. Tonight he wants to be a doctor, last night in the McDonalds ad, he wanted to be a van driver :rolleyes:

Taking after his auld fellow so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

If he wants to be a spy he's getting loads of opportunities to practice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

I have to say I really enjoyed tonights episode. I agree that sometimes I can imagine Esther on stage and do feel that she plays to an audience but I thought little Ben was great tonight. That little guy is actually very natural. OOOH Jo is gonna be caught out I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rita's bell was a better actor than some of them

There was few times I could have sworn, that bell was a bit out of tune. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Don't forget to keep supporting the request for a fair city forum!

I don't really understand the difference between a FC forum and what's going on here:confused: Would there be a massive difference:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Sigourney wrote: »
    First innuendo of the evening:
    'Dad, why are we stopping?'
    'I've to nip into Jo.'

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Fittle wrote: »
    I don't really understand the difference between a FC forum and what's going on here:confused: Would there be a massive difference:confused:

Yeah I don't really see why there should be an FC forum, TV is very split at the moment took the mods ages to call the Big Brother Forum Reality TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

It does not neeed a forum or mods because it will end in tears and bannings.

evillive wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that Dermish can't get Jo in the family way, on account of having had mumps? (Just a vague memory from looonng ago.) No way Jo can pass Ben's little sort-of half-sibling to-be as Dermish's in that case.
    How will it unfold? Jo pukes her ring up and blames it on a feed of Beamish and a burger in the Hungry Pig. Later on, she bumps into Orla (with whom she has some sort of appointment about Carrigstown Miss Macra) and announces that she's LATE. 'Ah, no, Jo, sure you're grand. Sure it's only ten past.' (Cue EastEnders dufdufduf di dududuff.)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They should give Jo or Tommy an std that gets passed on to Judy and Dermot as well :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Am I right in thinking that Dermish can't get Jo in the family way, on account of having had mumps? (Just a vague memory from looonng ago.) No way Jo can pass Ben's little sort-of half-sibling to-be as Dermish's in that case.
    How will it unfold? Jo pukes her ring up and blames it on a feed of Beamish and a burger in the Hungry Pig. Later on, she bumps into Orla (with whom she has some sort of appointment about Carrigstown Miss Macra) and announces that she's LATE. 'Ah, no, Jo, sure you're grand. Sure it's only ten past.' (Cue EastEnders dufdufduf di dududuff.)
    ha ha ha i'm p**in meself here...."miss Macra" ha ha
    my sister was Miss macra in the 80's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Fittle wrote: »

I think boards won't do it, can't see there being enough traffic for it..

As far as i can remember, Jo didnt want ( or cant have ? ) children because there is a high chance that they would have huntington's disease...or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

evillive wrote: »

I thought that Jo couldn't risk getting pregnant because of the Huntington's gene in her family :confused: Her sister died of the disease.

jos28 wrote: »
    I thought that Jo couldn't risk getting pregnant because of the Huntington's gene in her family :confused: Her sister died of the disease.
    SNAP :D:D:D

max life wrote: »
    SNAP :D:D:D

If you google 'Fair City Dermot mumps' the third result that comes up is 'Dermot's Secret Garden'. :eek: Huntington's, schmuntington's, there's more to this than meets the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

So who do we think Tommy Dillon will move on to next?

tommydillonmustard.jpg
    "Dolores, can I keep my big tool in your box"

tommydillonmustard.jpg

Niamh i reckon.

Something has been nagging me since the new Laura came into the show. She reminds me of someone else on another show...very similar looking. Then it hit me today...Joey from Home and Away. Does anybody else see the resemblence? ( and strangely enough, Joey is a lesbian too ! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

tommydillonmustard.jpg

Ride me sideways !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement