Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PashaMasha

max life wrote: »
    Well that narrows it down ;)

Narrows it down to:

Barry O'Hanlon
    Charlie Kelly
    Paul Brennan
    Bela Doyle J
    Suzanne Halpin
    Yvonne Doyle
    Rita Doyle
    Dolores Molloy
    Wayne Molloy
    Niamh Cassidy
    Dean Dowling
    Leo Dowling
    Dermot Fahey
    Sean Cassidy
    Rachel Brennan
    Christy Phelan
    Damien Halpin
    Carol Foley
    Jo Fahey
    Ray O'Connell
    Orla Kirwan
    Mark Halpin
    John Deegan
    Keith Mc Grath
    Bob Charles
    Benjamin Fahey
    Adam Bermingham
    Zumo Bishop
    Decco Bishop
    Denzo Bishop
    Pete Ferguson
    Eileen Bishop
    Louie Gleeson
    Cass Cassidy
    Robert Daly
    Esther Roche
    Vivienne Lynch
    Charlotte Lynch
    Neasa Dillon
    Judith Dillon
    Tommy Dillon
    Caoimhe Dillon
    Zak Dillon
    Dearbhla Dillon
    Finn Mc Grath
    Philip O Connor
    Sash Bishop

Take your pick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

PashaMasha wrote: »
    Narrows it down to:

Barry O'Hanlon
    Charlie Kelly
    Paul Brennan
    Bela Doyle J
    Suzanne Halpin
    Yvonne Doyle
    Rita Doyle
    Dolores Molloy
    Wayne Molloy
    Niamh Cassidy
    Dean Dowling
    Leo Dowling
    Dermot Fahey
    Sean Cassidy
    Rachel Brennan
    Christy Phelan
    Damien Halpin
    Carol Foley
    Jo Fahey
    Ray O'Connell
    Orla Kirwan
    Mark Halpin
    John Deegan
    Keith Mc Grath
    Bob Charles
    Benjamin Fahey
    Adam Bermingham
    Zumo Bishop
    Decco Bishop
    Denzo Bishop
    Pete Ferguson
    Eileen Bishop
    Louie Gleeson
    Cass Cassidy
    Robert Daly
    Esther Roche
    Vivienne Lynch
    Charlotte Lynch
    Neasa Dillon
    Judith Dillon
    Tommy Dillon
    Caoimhe Dillon
    Zak Dillon
    Dearbhla Dillon
    Finn Mc Grath
    Philip O Connor
    Sash Bishop

Take your pick :D

You missed out Shebe!!! :D Probably the best actor of the lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

my two least liked characters in fair city are jo and esther.... but i don't want to see anybody of the current cast killed off. maybe a move away, but not death.

the last two that left that i did a mega happy dance about was robin and kylie... sweet jebus they wrecked my head something fierce!

btw, where is ray hiding? they should bring back angela as well so i could hear her say "that's terrible raaaaaaaaay" again lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

My least favourite characters and I would not miss would be:

Barry O'Hanlon and Jo Fahey

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If the writers were going to kill one character off, who would you like to see killed off?

How about starting with a character who does completely inappropriate things which are totally out of keeping with the nature of their character's personality, simply because a storyline has been wedged (about as subtley as a sledgehammer) into that character's life?

Narrowing it down to:

Yvonne Doyle: A girl who wouldn't harm a fly is suddenly kicking 100 colours of shyte out of her husband Damien.

Damien: A guy who was a normal blokey Dub but is rapidly reduced to the personality of a jellyfish after being frequently hit over the head with a frying pan by the usually saintly Yvonne.

Bella Doyle: The giggolo of Fair City suddenly develops a remorse of conscience and a limp after he realises that years of cheating on poor Rita is having a detrimental effect on her health so that she eventually speaks with the aid of a bell.

Jo: The Corkwoman with morals, principles and scruples as big as herself, suddenly decides to jump into bed with a randy gardener.

Dermot: A usually intelligent guy who can't for the life of him see that his wife is shagging her Tidy Towns partner, despite being told by his 7 year old son.

Charlie: A real-life salt of the earth Dub who all of a sudden, and without warning, adopts an accent in keeping with Penelope Keith from "To The Manor Born".

Barry: A former teacher, pillar of the community and crusading journalist who in the space of a month becomes a murdering, money-laundering skanger, working for a notorious drug-dealing family.

I could go on but I'm starting to get tired. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Yvonne Doyle: A girl who wouldn't harm a fly is suddenly kicking 100 colours of shyte out of her husband Damien.

I take it ya mean Suzanne?? But to be fair to Yvonne, she's done far too much slutting around to suddenly decide she's a lesbian!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I take it ya mean Suzanne?? But to be fair to Yvonne, she's done far too much slutting around to suddenly decide she's a lesbian!

lol, sorry I meant Suzanne! You make a very fair point about Yvonne so I'm definitely going to add her to the list as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

SarahBeep! wrote: »

lol, sorry I meant Suzanne! You make a very fair point about Yvonne so I'm definitely going to add her to the list as well!

Something that grinds my gears about that Yvonne character is her accent ( or silly inconsistencies in it). She certainly doesn't have what you'd typical refer to as a Northside accent, ie. Pronouncing right as 'righisssssh'.
    Fair enough. But, it's when she calls Bella "ahh Da" or Rita, "ahh Ma, loike".
    It's painful at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If the writers were going to kill one character off, who would you like to see killed off?

Caoimhe closely followed by Charlotte

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Caoimhe closely followed by Charlotte
    Ah but if you killed off Caoimhe you would have to suffer Neasa going back into grieving mode. Remember how she was after Turlough got sliced by a mirror(sorry, died tragically). Jeez couldn't go through that again.

• Advertisement

I dont how Orla is being a friend to horrible Jo she dont like hearing she is doing anything wrong in her affair

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Would have to be Caoimhe she is a useless actor and character!

Poor Cass last night he never gets any luck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

This thread has over 1 million views now... come on you lurkers, why not post :D

blondie7 wrote: »
    Would have to be Caoimhe she is a useless actor and character!

Poor Cass last night he never gets any luck :(

I dont get why Tommy would believe Mark straight way that Cass is involved with drugs :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I dont get why Tommy would believe Mark straight way that Cass is involved with drugs :confused:

I understood that Mark said that the DVDs were bootleg and the proceeds were used to fund drugs. I don't think he actually said Cass was involved in drugs.
    Either way, poor Cass, another get rich quick scheme down the tubes.

I understood that Mark said that the DVDs were bootleg and the proceeds were used to fund drugs. I don't think he actually said Cass was involved in drugs.
    Either way, poor Cass, another get rich quick scheme down the tubes.

Ok but why did Tommy believe Mark straight way :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Without a doubt, Caoimhe and all of the Bishops!! By a country mile, the worst actors on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

Carol actually wrecks my head the most!Bring back all the dodgy gangsters she was involved with and get rid of her!She must have run out of storylines by now-how long is it going to take people to do the maths ffs and come up with mini Christy....?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sunday, August 14th
    Despite Mark's bad attitude, Pete tries to persuade Damien to let Mark work with them again. However, Mark's mind is elsewhere when he learns that Decco stole two laptops from the Smart office. He eventually persuades a reluctant Denzo to find the laptops and return them to him so he can replace them before their disappearance is spotted. When Decco finds out the laptops are gone, he goes to Dolores's house and threatens both Mark and Dolores. This sends Mark into a rage and he beats up Decco, to Dolores's horror. Mark throws Decco out of Dolores's house and he leaves vowing revenge.

Pete arrives back to chaos and tells Mark it's time to go. Dolores gives Mark an ultimatum - she'll give him a second chance but he must control his temper. Mark finds Damien and swears he has cut his ties with the Bishops and begs him for another chance. But Decco vows Mark will never escape the Bishops.

Orla tries to borrow money from Niamh, who suggests she take on a crummy job to increase funds, but Orla scoffs at the suggestion. Niamh's disapproval increases when Dermot confronts Orla over his credit card bill and she that Orla still hasn't paid him back. Orla asks Ray for a loan, but when he comes up short Orla considers Niamh's offer. She resists the temptation to use Dermot's credit card to pay her debts and, putting on a brave face, finally refuses Niamh's job offer. When she bumps into Jo, she asks her to get Dermot to lay off, which Jo duly does.

With Judith hugely excited at the prospect of her weekend in Paris with Tommy, Jo suggests they have a goodbye session before he goes. When they finally give Ray the slip so they can get together, their tryst is interrupted by Pete, who is about to stumble upon them when he receives an SOS from Dolores to come home immediately. However, Orla spots them together and that things are still on between Jo and Tommy.

Tuesday, August 16th
    Dermot complains to Leo about the security of the office and says that Pete and Damien are making a huge mess. Barry does his best to try and build bridges with Vivienne but she is reluctant to trust him again. He meets with Wayne and Charlie, who suggest that he should do a 'look back on Carrigstown community' with a collage of community images.

Mark begs Zumo to get Decco to lay off but he refuses to help him. Decco swears that he is going to humiliate Mark. He decides to get his revenge by stitching Mark up, saying to Leo it was Mark who stole the computers and telling him to check the CCTV. A horrified Leo watches the footage back and spots Mark and Denzo walking into the Smart Office with bags, but is unable to see what they do after that.

Sash and Sean clash over who's boss, but Sash soon that Sean fancies her and begins to use this to get him to do the worst jobs for her. Charlie comments that the back of Christy's house smells like a sewerage, which makes him more determined to fix his drain. He is shocked at the price he is quoted by Pete, and Sean suggests that Ray might be able to help him.

Ray arrives and brings a whole host of equipment with him, which worries Christy. He goes out the back with a shovel, sweeping brush and wrench, and goes to work. Later he proclaims that he has fixed it and Christy can pay him with a bucket of chicken dippers and pints.

Damien and Pete pay Mark for his help but then dock his wages for the upset he has caused. Vivienne is impressed when she sees the interest Barry has created about the newsletter and how he has rallied the community together. Dermot becomes even more stressed when he that he can't find the hard drive with all his Belfast clients' information on it.

Christy, Sean and Ray go to McCoys for drinks and are shocked when they hear that McCoys' and the Hungry Pigs' drains are not working. Decco learns from Denzo that he has dropped him in it as well, as he went to the Smart Office with Mark.

Wednesday, August 17th
    The whole of Carrigstown begins to suffer from the drainage problems and Christy is convinced that Ray's 'plumbing' is at fault. He becomes even more concerned when he learns that Charlie has called the council. He is then put on the spot when Charlie volunteers him to speak at a local meeting saying that 'he is honest and people will listen to him'.

Leo approaches Damien and demands to know if Mark could have taken the keys of the Smart Office. He tells a mortified Damien what has happened and sacks both him and Pete. A furious Damien goes after Mark and thinks Mark is lying to him when he tells him that he is finished with the Bishops and did not steal the laptops. Damien then goes back to Leo and asks him to tell the guards about what Mark and Denzo did. But Leo wavers about doing this to Mark. Suzanne learns of what has happened and worries about Damien's approach to Mark.

Finn tries to insist to Wayne that he does not fancy Neasa. Decco and Zumo approach Leo and threaten him about shopping Denzo to the cops, but Leo refuses to be intimidated. Sash is berated by Robert for using her sexuality to get Sean to do the worst jobs like clean out the portaloos. Bob is impressed that Sash is managing to keep McCoys open during the plumbing problems.

Barry begins to feel like part of the community again as people begin to call to his house and use it as a base. Vivienne approaches Barry and gives him an article about her and Charlotte and Charlotte's fight with cancer.

Suzanne warns Mark that Leo may shop him. Mark tells Denzo that they could be in trouble. He chats to Damien about it and is shocked to learn that Damien requested that Leo reveal all. He storms out of the house and spots Leo telling Deegan what happened. He tells Deegan that he has CCTV footage to prove it. But over in the Smart Office, Decco enters the building and forces Dermot to wipe the CCTV footage, promising him that he will give the hard drive back to him.

Ok but why did Tommy believe Mark straight way :confused:

Yeah, you're right. I didn't cop that initially. Why did he believe the DVDs were dodgy just because Mark said so????

• Advertisement

Yeah, you're right. I didn't cop that initially. Why did he believe the DVDs were dodgy just because Mark said so????

Mark has been shown to be very pally with Denzo Bishop and worked for them yet Tommy had no problem believing him straight off

Mark has been shown to be very pally with Denzo Bishop and worked for them yet Tommy had no problem believing him straight off

Maybe Cass should go back to the market and start suggesting that Tommys vegetables might not be organic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Maybe Cass should go back to the market and start suggesting that Tommys vegetables might not be organic. :)

Nothing the matter with Tommy's organ, by all accounts. (But you might want to give it a good wash under the tap.)

PS Careless ploughing can cause a vegetable to become mis-shapen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Dermish and Jo role-playing.:eek: 'My name eez Taneeta. I like ze strange men, ja.' :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Alice1

Eeeeeugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

It's like bad am-dram. Its time for a new soap to compete with this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Is the actress who plays Jo pregnant?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I don't usually bitch about FC but orla's acting was abysmal. How does she accept money for such a dreadful performance..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭baldbear

Is the actress who plays Jo pregnant?

Don't think so. Its just a bit of a gut shes got going on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

baldbear wrote: »
    Don't think so. Its just a bit of a gut shes got going on!

Oh I don't know, she had the tell-tale big handbag in front of her tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement