Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jo and Niamh must have the same wardrobe

Niamh's been wearing granny outfits since she was 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Still a roide

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Why is Niamh being such an utter b1tch to Orla? She was so catty!

Spotted Jo going to buy the crisps with no purse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Anyone else think that Mark will be written out but not killed?

I have a feeling that if things don't improve for him or if he falls out with Delores and family again, that he might have either a suicide attempt, or else end up getting seriously hurt by someone dodgy and ending up in hospital,
    or else start drinking too much regularly and ending up in hospital one night.
    I think one of these will be his "wake up call",and that he'll then go back to being a good lad again. Don't think they'll kill him off either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Thursday, 18th August
    The council workers arrive to try and fix the plumbing issue and Bob does his best to get them to clear things up as his business is suffering. A delighted Decco reveals that he got Dermot to delete the CCTV footage. While Dermot turns to Deegan and pleads with him to get his hard drive back. Deegan is annoyed to learn that the CCTV footage has been deleted and they have no case against Denzo and Mark. But Damien makes thing worse when he admits to Deegan that he saw Mark and Denzo on the footage.

Robert becomes intrigued by the pipe systems in Carrigstown and begins to study them in the hope that he can come up with the solution to the plumbing problem. Mark and Denzo go for drinks in the Station Bar and he confides in Denzo what happened with Damien. However, their chat is short lived when Deegan arrives and tells Mark he knows that he was in the Smart Office.

Denzo freaks when he that Mark is going to reveal that Decco was involved and takes the brunt for the robbery. A gutted Mark that Denzo is know going to take that fall for something Decco did. Christy becomes even more worried about the community situation, but Ray persuades him not to own up, as they would be annihilated about it.

Mark attacks Damien for telling Deegan about the CCTV footage and tells him that the Bishops are a better family as they don't turn on one another. Barry distributes his newsletter and it's a resounding success with the whole community.

Decco is shocked to hear that Denzo confessed to something he didn't do. Decco tells him that it's a new 'level of thick' for him and Mark will never be one of them. They decide to give the hard drive back, which Deegan in turn gives to a relieved Dermot. Later Mark approaches Denzo but he is told to stay away from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I missed when Sarah died - did she actually die or was she just in a coma/state of shock I don't think she's dead - there's no way a hole could have been dug so quick to bury her!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

deelite wrote: »
    I missed when Sarah died - did she actually die or was she just in a coma/state of shock I don't think she's dead - there's no way a hole could have been dug so quick to bury her!!!

No she was definitely dead. As far as i can remember, Barry checked for a pulse aswell

max life wrote: »
    No she was definitely dead. As far as i can remember, Barry checked for a pulse aswell

Denzo said "she isn't breathing" either...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What was up with Ray? He was it for 5 seconds asking a stupid question. It didnt make sense for him to be in that scene. :confused:

I think he was shown asking Niamh if could take out Ruth, he feels left out with Cass and Bela taking her out and he sees Niamh and her family as his family since he was married to Gina I guess

I kinda liked that scene myself

Still a roide
    Who?

• Advertisement

Who?

I think Niamh, she still looks good to me

angel01 wrote: »
    I think Niamh, she still looks good to me
    Very bad dress sense !!

Very bad dress sense !!

In fairness, she isn't picking her outfits ;)

Niamh is one character that always seemed older than her supposed age (btw what age is Niamh?) - when she was at school having her affairs with Barry and Leo she looked way older

In fairness, she isn't picking her outfits ;)
    I think, in other soaps anyway, the cast members go shopping for clothes with the wardrobe department. They pick clothes that suit the character. Maybe this doesnt happen in FC. I read somewhere that this happens in British soap.

I was watching QI last night and they were discussing the most secure way to know if somebody is dead (not breathing and pulse - didn't rate:D nor did putting a mirror under the nose to see if it mists up) apparently the only sure way to know is by using a stetescope - did Barry or Denzo have one to hand......(okay so I'm bored - summer time ):D

Denzo said "she isn't breathing" either...

Considering Denzo makes Homer Simpson look like Professor Stephen Hawking, I wouldn't be too quick to believe anything he says. ;)

With regard to Niamh's clothes, I reckon that's the way the actress dresses in real life. Surely if you've been playing a character for the past 15 years you'd expect some sort of input in what she wears? It's not as if Niamh plays an old-fashioned character either. I've never seen Niamh wearing anything other than frumpy skirts and frumpy tops. They must be a real passion killer for Paul :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

I thought Orla looked unreal tonight..Is she still with Keith?? Also I want Tommy and Jo to get back to their anticts..It gives me a good image of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Niamh would actually look so much better with nice clothing. I didn't find Cloghda or Orla that attractive in that scene with the three of em

closeline wrote: »
    I thought Orla looked unreal tonight..Is she still with Keith?? Also I want Tommy and Jo to get back to their anticts..It gives me a good image of her.

One week Orla and Keith were madly in love planning their wedding. The next week they decide that they're not in love with each other and they go their seperate ways - just like that. :rolleyes:

Agreed. She looked fantastic tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Niamh would actually look so much better with nice clothing. I didn't find Cloghda or Orla that attractive in that scene with the three of em

Agree a style change would make her a lot more attractive.

Agree a style change would make her a lot more attractive.

I think they should bring in Blaithnaid (ex afternoon show presenter) as Niamhs mother :D (could be a baby swap / or Niamh given to Gina to raise / or Cass had a fling with Blaithnaid and Niamh is the result) !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

I think they should bring in Blaithnaid (ex afternoon show presenter) as Niamhs mother :D (could be a baby swap / or Niamh given to Gina to raise / or Cass had a fling with Blaithnaid and Niamh is the result) !!!

They'd be around the same age. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    They'd be around the same age. ;)
    Yeah Blaithnaid is about 40 and Niamh is in her mid thirties i think

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yeah Blaithnaid is about 40 and Niamh is in her mid thirties i think
    i'd be in favour of asking blaithnaid to audition though.........just to annoy her

More as Niamh's sister than mother they look around the same age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

The part where Niamh asked Denzo to leave the office and then walked out without getting him out - is unreal - what business person would leave their office with the likes of Denzo still in there. I think there needs to be a change of story/script writers they seem to have run dry of ideas. Shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

they are more sister ages than mother and Daughter. Whats Niamh 30'ish, in the soap and in real life. Blaithnaid is a little under 40 i guess.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    they are more sister ages than mother and Daughter. Whats Niamh 30'ish, in the soap and in real life. Blaithnaid is a little under 40 i guess.
    Both are fiesty aswell.....typical redheads :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Both are fiesty aswell.....typical redheads :P

Maybe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement