Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

hollyhock wrote: »
    :Ddown 2lbs on thurs,ive done out a little graph for myself from last week,22 weeks,(i know,i know,nobody wants to hear that yet!!),but i reckon at a doable 1lb per week,thats just over 1.5stone,so ive 2 gone notches down already,if you could see the downward curve every week i hope that will keep my motavation up!!:D i'll try it and see,anyway,good luck!
    meant to say 22 weeks til christmas,ssh!

thats okay....thats just over 5 months.....I'd be happy with 2lbs a month....

but going to tone the hell outa my body :D last summer i was losing inches like mad....ppl were always commenting....so i know i can do it! and college middle of september is only 3 days a week. so I KNOW i can fit in 4 work outs a week!

And i delibertly chose a physical work placement at my aunts stud farm...we're going to be building stables, mucking out stalls, exhausting dirty sweaty work! when you finally finish for the day....you KNOW you've been working hard! That placement will start around middle of september aswell...but at least i can come home for lunch to my own house and have a decent healthy hearty lunch! no snacking on crap!

Plus being around ppl who know im trying to lose weight...i'll be too ashamed to eat crap infront of them...so that'll keep me in line.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

hollyhock wrote: »
    :Ddown 2lbs on thurs,ive done out a little graph for myself from last week,22 weeks,(i know,i know,nobody wants to hear that yet!!),but i reckon at a doable 1lb per week,thats just over 1.5stone,so ive 2 gone notches down already,if you could see the downward curve every week i hope that will keep my motavation up!!:D i'll try it and see,anyway,good luck!
    meant to say 22 weeks til christmas,ssh!

Hollyhock, there's a graph on ticker factory also which is brill. I see you have the ticker in your signature but it doesn't show up right here.

Double Strawberry Flan

Serves 8, 4pp per serving!

1 Large Sponge Flan, (200g)
    200g Fresh Strawberries
    400ml Boiling Water
    1 Sachet of Birds Low Fat INSTANT Custard (75g)
    1 Sachet of Greens Quick Gel (Or 35g of baking Gelatine)

Sounds like a really delicious "dessert" without reaching for crap and chocolate, lots of fresh fruit....i say one could easily doit wi
    th summer fruit, mixed fruit...kinda what ever is in season. even some kiwi would be nice in with the strawberries, and garnish with fresh mint.

Click the Link for the video on how to make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niamh621

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    hmmmm silly question....

but would frozen fruit work fine in smoothies? Should i thaw them first before using them in liquidizer? the one i have doesnt do ice cubes, so i dont know if it would do "frozen fruit".
    No need to defrost..I use frozen all the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

hmmmm silly question....

but would frozen fruit work fine in smoothies? Should i thaw them first before using them in liquidizer? the one i have doesnt do ice cubes, so i dont know if it would do "frozen fruit".
    niamh621 wrote: »
    No need to defrost..I use frozen all the time..

+1 on that. I have a really cheap blender from Argos and I always put frozen raspberries into it to make smoothies, it just takes a little bit longer to blend than if they were thawed out but it makes the smoothie lovely and cold. I put in handful of frozen raspberries, a banana (chopped) and a dash of sugar free summer fruits dilute and a dash of water and it is gorgeous, just like the raspberry innocent smoothies, if not better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Caros wrote: »
    Hollyhock, there's a graph on ticker factory also which is brill. I see you have the ticker in your signature but it doesn't show up right here.
    Im not an expert on the laptop,I rem trying to set one up ages ago and couldn't get to show it,when i joined boards nearly everyone had a ticker under their posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Monife wrote: »
    +1 on that. I have a really cheap blender from Argos and I always put frozen raspberries into it to make smoothies, it just takes a little bit longer to blend than if they were thawed out but it makes the smoothie lovely and cold. I put in handful of frozen raspberries, a banana (chopped) and a dash of sugar free summer fruits dilute and a dash of water and it is gorgeous, just like the raspberry innocent smoothies, if not better :)

Sounds good Monife - do you point the smoothie??

Sounds good Monife - do you point the smoothie??

No you don't need to point it as it is fruit and just a dash of sugar free (no added sugar) dilute which is also 0PP. :)

someone was saying before about using courgette instead of lasagne sheets.....

how would i go about that? do i need pre cook or do anything special with the courgette? skin on or off ect?

:D Thanks

Anyone up for a lil excercise/experiment/something to do?

Wanna compare shopping lists? And maybe give each other tips on better alternatives? Its crap weather outside...we actually have the lights on here...its so black and dark outside, big black thundery skies.

My shopping list:

Courgettes x 3
    Baby Leaf Mixed Salad
    Light Choices Ceaser Dressing
    ww dessert Yoghurts
    Tinned pears
    Tesco Microwave Steamed Rice with mixed veg
    Sprite Zero
    Chicken Breasts
    Quorn Mince
    Knorr Stock Pots
    Maggi SO Juicy
    Cous Cous
    curry powder
    Extra Light Soft Cheese
    Ryvita Thins
    Green Isle Chicken Bacon Sweet Corn Pancakes

(Light Choices Carrot cakes did get added and removed a few times....but alas they stayed off)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Does anyone know the difference points wise between the philadelphia mini pots Light and the Extra Light ones?
    I know the Extra Light are 1PP but I always buy the Light one, anyone any idea if the PP are the same?

• Advertisement

Boop22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the difference points wise between the philadelphia mini pots Light and the Extra Light ones?
    I know the Extra Light are 1PP but I always buy the Light one, anyone any idea if the PP are the same?

Philadelphia Light Mini Tub 1pp

Philadelphia Extra Light Mini Tub 1pp

PP values for all the different ones attached :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Scribbling

Anybody know how many points Basa fish would be?

someone was saying before about using courgette instead of lasagne sheets.....

how would i go about that? do i need pre cook or do anything special with the courgette? skin on or off ect?

:D Thanks

Anyone up for a lil excercise/experiment/something to do?

Wanna compare shopping lists? And maybe give each other tips on better alternatives? Its crap weather outside...we actually have the lights on here...its so black and dark outside, big black thundery skies.

My shopping list:

Courgettes x 3
    Baby Leaf Mixed Salad
    Light Choices Ceaser Dressing
    ww dessert Yoghurts
    Tinned pears
    Tesco Microwave Steamed Rice with mixed veg
    Sprite Zero
    Chicken Breasts
    Quorn Mince
    Knorr Stock Pots
    Maggi SO Juicy
    Cous Cous
    curry powder
    Extra Light Soft Cheese
    Ryvita Thins
    Green Isle Chicken Bacon Sweet Corn Pancakes

(Light Choices Carrot cakes did get added and removed a few times....but alas they stayed off)

Can't help ya on the courgette front, absolutely hate them!!!

But here is my shopping list for this week.

4 breasts of chicken
    1 block of dubliner light cheese
    Wholewheat fusili pasta
    Lettuce x2
    Tomatoes
    Fresh beetroot
    Cucumber
    Onions
    Grapes x2
    Apples
    Bananas
    Honeydew melon x2
    WW Yoghurts
    Old el paso fajita seasoning x3 (Just had some of a packet over stirfry chicken salad, gorgeous, but quite spicy)
    Alpen Light bars x3 (wouldnt usually buy this much but were on offer)
    Tuna x2
    Tesco Light Choices Caesar dressing
    McCambridge brown bread
    Tesco brand Diet redbull x4 (for vodka :) )
    Prawn cocktail snack-a-jacks x4 (nibbles with a few drinks)
    Multipack popcorn
    White bread (for my OH)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Boop22 wrote: »

Philadelphia Light Mini Tub 1pp

Philadelphia Extra Light Mini Tub 1pp

PP values for all the different ones attached :D

Great thanks a million lainey :-)

Monife wrote: »
    Can't help ya on the courgette front, absolutely hate them!!!

But here is my shopping list for this week.

4 breasts of chicken
    1 block of dubliner light cheese
    Wholewheat fusili pasta
    Lettuce x2
    Tomatoes
    Fresh beetroot
    Cucumber
    Onions
    Grapes x2
    Apples
    Bananas
    Honeydew melon x2
    WW Yoghurts
    Old el paso fajita seasoning x3 (Just had some of a packet over stirfry chicken salad, gorgeous, but quite spicy)
    Alpen Light bars x3 (wouldnt usually buy this much but were on offer)
    Tuna x2
    Tesco Light Choices Caesar dressing
    McCambridge brown bread
    Tesco brand Diet redbull x4 (for vodka :) )
    Prawn cocktail snack-a-jacks x4 (nibbles with a few drinks)
    Multipack popcorn
    White bread (for my OH)

I've never had courgette until about 2 weeks ago, so i want to try it in the lasagne, might save a few points :)

My mum gets the usual veggies, salad stuff, milk her self for the house, but my stuff then specifically for my eating i get my self.

oooh where are the alpen light bars on offer? They didnt crop up in the tesco shop online...tho...i'd only be getting cos there on offer, i dont usually get them....so i'd only be eating them cos they're there....out of site....out of mind...and out of my mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

People may already be familiar with this site but if not i thought it might be useful...

http://oldchem.health.officelive.com/AweekofProPointmelasandrecipes.aspx

I've never had courgette until about 2 weeks ago, so i want to try it in the lasagne, might save a few points :)

My mum gets the usual veggies, salad stuff, milk her self for the house, but my stuff then specifically for my eating i get my self.

oooh where are the alpen light bars on offer? They didnt crop up in the tesco shop online...tho...i'd only be getting cos there on offer, i dont usually get them....so i'd only be eating them cos they're there....out of site....out of mind...and out of my mouth!

It was in Tesco. Buy 3, get the cheapest one free. They are all around €2.10/€2.20. I got three different ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Question :) Does anyone else have days where they are really hungry. Don't get me wrong it's not from lack of eating. I've eaten all my 29 for the day and very sensibly not on snacking, on good solid meals with plenty of 0pp veg and a few pieces of fruit but my stomach is constantly rumbling or empty? I've just started TOTM today and had a good walk this morning so was thinking it may be this? Just wondering if anyone else has been through same.....thanks :)

oooooh really happy....i had my dinner like 2 hrs ago...and im still STUFFFFFFFED

It was high in points....but its really satisfied me....so totally worth it

2 Large chicken breasts cooked in maggi so juicy, 4pp each (9pp for 2)
    400g Steamed potatoes 8pp
    100g Steamed peas & corn 2pp
    Gravy made from granules 1pp

Total 20pp! but god it was worth it....it was all hearty good eating!

Breakfast 9pp

Lunch 9pp

Dinner 20pp

and i'm still waaaaaaaaay within my daily allowance :D REALLY HAPPY!

Wheat free day :D had no carbs at lunch :D and potatoes in my dinner :) so I have no bloating today :D

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Question :) Does anyone else have days where they are really hungry. Don't get me wrong it's not from lack of eating. I've eaten all my 29 for the day and very sensibly not on snacking, on good solid meals with plenty of 0pp veg and a few pieces of fruit but my stomach is constantly rumbling or empty? I've just started TOTM today and had a good walk this morning so was thinking it may be this? Just wondering if anyone else has been through same.....thanks :)

maybe up ur protein, its worth spending few extra points on protein....i added an extra 5pp to my dinner tonight, and OH MY GOD it made such a difference....STUFFED!

i could have easily spent 5pp on....bread, crap, biscuits.....but spending it on chicken has stopped me snacking so far this evening :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lainy if I did my shopping list I be here all day lol

Back from camping and did ok at pointing, have some weeklies left but will need to be good now and stick to my daily's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sorry for the delay guys ...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay guys ...

Thanks again for doing this GT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

MaggieMay2 wrote: »

I would be like that some weeks more than others - even using all my weeklies!!, maybe try drink more water.
    I also found these weeks were the weeks I lost more :D

I dont believe anyone at any time should feel "starving".

if your hungry....eat, but make sure your actually hungery and not just thirsty....or looking for an excuse to have that mars bar in the press :) just eat HEALTHY good stuff...even if its over your points,

Its not just about points, its about how you spend them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Just wondering how far can you go without repaying the fees? As in how many weeks can you miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I have hungry days as well, I normally add some more healthy food to my main meals drink more water and make sure I have some fruit and Im fine:)

Just wondering how far can you go without repaying the fees? As in how many weeks can you miss?

I think you get two holiday weeks you can miss,

And i think then its 6 weeks you can miss before your data is wiped from the computer, but you re-activate old card, but would have to pay the re-registration i think.

you could always ring up to get a definite answer 01 870 3900 or Low call 1850 234 123

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

I dont believe anyone at any time should feel "starving".

if your hungry....eat :) but just eat HEALTHY good stuff...even if its over your points,

Its not just about points, its about how you spend them. :)

No I agree and like that I was never starving just really empty with loads of tummy rumbles. And like you said I'd never put up with that so I did eat fruit etc and kept filling myself with healthy foods, thats what extra weeklies are there for. And also when you say spending them I just couldn't figure it out, as I ate nothing unhealthy, fruit veg carbs and protein, no sugar snacks or crisps/bread. If your hungry your body is telling you it needs more so I did. Just curious if it randomly happened to anyone else as I'm doing WW a while and it was the first time that there was NO filling me.

Lainy I had good amounts of protein maybe not enough at lunch after reading back on tracker and I had about 3 litres of water. I reckon it was just the day that was in it and I'm back to normal today :D Thanks for the help and advice guys!!

• Advertisement

yeah....every now and then...i'd get weird random days where i just cant get satisfied...and feel empty! But i think its a chain reaction....i say it it depends on the days previous too..like a spike or fall in sugar, hydration levels. I notice the weeks where I'm consistant in drinking my 2 - 3 litres of water....i have less.....random attacks of hunger...and for me at least...it takes a day or two of drinking loads of water to get my hydration levels back to a comfortable feeling.

I call them my bottomless pit days...where literly nothing will satisfy my hunger. and I could be after like 3 litres of water.

Ryvita and Light Cream cheese are a great lil filler without doing too much damage...ill happily go over my daily points by 4 or 5pp on Low fat healthy snacks....then 15 - 20 pp on something like grilled cheese sandwich.

My favourite cream cheese is Tesco Extra Light Garlic and Herb whole tub is 6pp, and has the flavour of full fat :) and its Waaaaaaaay cheaper than philly, and has a really long shelf life, which is really hand for me....can buy half a dozen tubs and have them in the fridge,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement