Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

bubbaloo wrote: »
    DISASTER!! :eek:
    I went to my WI last night and I knew it was going to be bad but I was UP 2.5lbs!!! It was actually the best thing that could have happened to me because it has given me such a kick in the arse to get back on track. I was messing around there for the past 3 weeks, saying "ah it's grand, I'll just have a bit of this, and a bit of that", up a lb, down a lb, but that's it! I'm done! I am re-starting my healthy life. I am not going back to the weight I was when I started WW - a whole 3 stone heavier than I am now. I am not going back to looking like that, feeling like that, living like that!
    I brought breakfast and lunch to work so I have complete control over what I eat. And I parked 1.5 miles from work so I have to walk there and back - EVEN IF IT'S RAINING!!!! :D

So here I go - who's with me??? :pac::pac:
    I'm with you! That's excellent, parking 1.5 miles from work. I resolved to run during my lunchtime at least twice a week. Resolve resolve resolve! I get so annoyed with myself for messing around like you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Heya,
    Just got this book in the post yesterday which I pre-ordered ages ago- Weight Watchers Book of Recipes: More Than 150 Recipes Updated with ProPoints Values - Ordered it from Amazon UK as God knows when it'll be for sale over here or for how much but it is soooo good. Loads of amazing recipes and real homely food. Made a really great lasagne from it last night.
    I think I have been going through a bit of a slump lately like a few others on here so wanted a new recipe book to mix up what I've been eating for the past few weeks. I'm not endorsing buying loads of ww products but I personally find the prepointed recipes handy as I don't have to sit pointing every single thing and it's the first book I've seen in ages with more than half of the recipes things I would actually eat. Here's hoping I can get those scales going down again.
    Tried making the bran muffins at the weekend with cranberry bits in but came out really dry. Think I'll try them with bananas next time for a bit of extra flavour.

what the book called, I could do with a new one!

I am also going to resolve not to guess PP as guessing is messing :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    thats why i find these carb free things so hard :( yeah i'd wouldnt mind giving them up....but its like....mmm yeah what do i have instead?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've asked my brother in law to come up with a meal plan for me, so hopefully he'll come up with something. I don't want to stick to it forever but if I could do it next Monday - Friday and see if it makes a difference, that'd be ideal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Baby75 wrote: »
    what the book called, I could do with a new one!

I am also going to resolve not to guess PP as guessing is messing :p:D

It's actually called "Weight Watchers Book of Recipes: More Than 150 Recipes Updated with ProPoints Values". Not very original I know but a friend of mine has the book with the old points value in and she is also a big fan of the recipes in there. There's a bit of everything in there which I like from breakfasts through to desserts. Looking forward to planning a few recipes for next week from it and getting a good shop in. The chinese sticky ribs and chicken with cashew nut looked particularly tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

For recipe ideas the below blog is brilliant. She includes the pro points in all her recipes which is brilliant!! Loads of great ideas...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/recipe-index.html

Quick question, you know the way we call them pro points and the Americans call them Points Plus, are they the same values for us. I'm asking because on the above blog she calls them Points+. I've calculated with my calculator as she breaks them down but just wondering for other sites? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down 2lbs today DELIGHTED :D Finally properly back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    For recipe ideas the below blog is brilliant. She includes the pro points in all her recipes which is brilliant!! Loads of great ideas...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/recipe-index.html

Quick question, you know the way we call them pro points and the Americans call them Points Plus, are they the same values for us. I'm asking because on the above blog she calls them Points+. I've calculated with my calculator as she breaks them down but just wondering for other sites? Thanks

UK use grams,
    US use onces,

thats the actual difference. So best bet is when using american recipes....cook and measure in onces, and the points will correct.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    UK use grams,
    US use onces,

thats the actual difference. So best bet is when using american recipes....cook and measure in onces, and the points will correct.

Yep saw that after and using the nutritional Info she supplied it worked out the same. I bought myself a set of measuring spoons and cups as alot of recipes I use use US measurements. It can be a little pain changing it but with the oul internet it's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I should probably be working for Hovis, the amount of times I've pimped out it's Nimble bread to friends, but rejoice, I have found a shop own brand that is also 3pp for two slices - Dunnes Stores 'Better For You' Granary Bread is 1pp per slice and 3pp for two. Trying to track the Hovis down anywhere other than Lidl was starting to become a nightmare!

okay very silly non scales victory.....but last few days.....ALOT of my bloating has gone down :) Been lashing the water into me like there's no tomorrow

Woooo cos omg....i was almost painfully bloated last few weeks....not only was i not losing weight....but i looked like i was GETTING BIGGER!

But woooo still fat...but flatter at least!

• Advertisement

I should probably be working for Hovis, the amount of times I've pimped out it's Nimble bread to friends, but rejoice, I have found a shop own brand that is also 3pp for two slices - Dunnes Stores 'Better For You' Granary Bread is 1pp per slice and 3pp for two. Trying to track the Hovis down anywhere other than Lidl was starting to become a nightmare!

Oooo yea I saw that too and completley forgot to post it, thanks shanna. I know I can rarely get to Lidl too being in the city centre. The Dunnes granary one is great too and a nice change from the Pitta breads. Makes a decent sambo and none of that bread thats just air malarky! ;)

Oooo yea I saw that too and completely forgot to post it, thanks shanna. I know I can rarely get to Lidl too being in the city centre. The Dunnes granary one is great too and a nice change from the Pitta breads. Makes a decent sambo and none of that bread thats just air malarky! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

What values should you have on the personal weighing scales, bmi I know but water and fat I do not...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LaneyC

Hey Everyone,

Just discovered this thread, its brilliant. I'm doing WW since Sept last year & I'm down 2 stone 10.5lbs! Only 1lb from my goal weight, but I think I might lower it a bit more when I get to it.

Even though I'm so close I'm finding it so hard to lose the last little bit. It's so much slower. Any tips on how to boost the weight loss and stay motivated?

Also just had delicious M&S Thai fish cake, it was only 5pp! I was very pleasantly surprised. Had M&S Lightly dusted Lemon Sole Fillet yesterday and it was also 5pp. It was so tasty I had to check the points again because I didn't believe it. I highly recommend them both!

Looking forward to having lots of other people to share tips with as none of my friends are currently doign WW.

Thanks y'all.x :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MonkeyMe

Hi,

I just got the iWatchr app today and wanted to get started on WW. When I calculated the points for my daily porrige breakie, it came out at 10 (!!!) pro points :eek: Can that be right?
    I usually have about 50g of wholegrain oats, 1tbs of milled seed+berry mix, 200ml of non-fat milk, and 1 banana. All seems so healthy, how can that be that many points???

Hi MonkeyMe,

That does sound high but the only thing is it probably keeps you full for ages. I'm checking it in my ww folder now. 30g of porridge oats made with water is 3pp. So by my calculation, 50g should be 5pp. Then the milk could be between 2-3 points depending if its skimmed or semi skimmed. I can't find any pps for the seed & berry mix but I do know that a dried fruit & berries can use up a few points. Not that they are the same but for example 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds is 1pp.

Breakfast is so important so you need to have a good one. I normally use about 9pp for my breakfast, it sets you up well for the day!

Hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MonkeyMe

Thanks, LaneyC... that's about the points I got from the calculator. And you're right, breakfast should probably be what you spend most points on. Will have to cut out that scone and latte I love for lunch, though :( Otherwise my 29 points will be gone by lunchtime. :eek:

Oh... and a banana is 1 point, right?

it does sound about right tbh

50g oats = 5pp
    200ml Skimmed milk = 2pp
    nuts/seeds/berry mix could easily be about 2 - 3pp
    fresh fruit is 0pp (dried fruit has points)

but does sound like a decent hearty healthy breakfast...dont be afraid to spend points on GOOD foods!

Banana is zero points, all fruit is free now as long as its not in syrup or dried etc...but just don't overdo it on the bananas!

I find if I don't have a decent breaky & use a good few points then I end up snacking mid morning & during the day. It's worth it and it sets you up nicely for the day. I'd have some fruit mid morning if I felt peckish! You'll find your own way to get best value for your points., everyone has different likes & dislikes. I used to have a major weakness for Jambos/sausage rolls/breakfast rolls but when I worked out the pps they're just not worth having. Plus you feel so much better when you had a healthy meal.

Good luck.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

down 5.5lbs today - take that last weeks gain :D wasn't perfect food wise with the bank holiday but did tons of exercise which seems to have paid off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

LaneyC wrote: »
    I used to have a major weakness for Jambos/sausage rolls/breakfast rolls but when I worked out the pps they're just not worth having. Plus you feel so much better when you had a healthy meal.

Yes, me too!

I love when I make the healthy ww friendly points:D

Wi after a break is for me tomorrow and I'm back in the zone tomorrow (and after a nice glass of wine for myself tonight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

i started back following ww today i gave it up after about 4 months cause i found the weight loss was slow. I calorie counted instead but just went around in circles would loose a 1lb one week gain it back the next very frustrating so ive decided slow is the way to go at least its moving. I have gotten really into exercising the past 6 months i work out 6 days a week doing like spinning, boxercise step aerobics and some weights so i think my problem with calorie counting is i was actually under eating i use to stick to 1200 calories but got no where. i noticed today with my 29 point allowence i ate more than i would have calorie counting so im happy to back on ww and sorry i doubted it and wasted the past 3 months going around in circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

elsy wrote: »
    I have gotten really into exercising the past 6 months i work out 6 days a week doing like spinning, boxercise step aerobics and some weights so i think my problem with calorie counting is i was actually under eating i use to stick to 1200 calories but got no where. i noticed today with my 29 point allowence i ate more than i would have calorie counting so im happy to back on ww and sorry i doubted it and wasted the past 3 months going around in circles.

The reason you haven't lost is probably because you're not eating enough to counteract all the exercise. If you are exercising to that extent then maybe you should eat some of your activity points.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

yea I think thats exact where I went wrong I'll be able to work out my activity points and eat extra hopefully it will do the trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

For the 1st time in 8 months I decided to take a week off and eat what I liked. That was on Saturday. I enjoyed Sunday and Monday eating rings around myself but started to feel lethargic and headachy and grumpy. Also felt really guilty and actually scared that I was on a slippery slope to stopping completely. So yesterday (Tuesday) I decided it wasn't worth it and I'm back on track now and started pointing again today.
    i just wanted to remember what it felt like not to point and calculate and weigh and track and to be honest I just felt horrible.
    I'm not gboing to WI this Friday coz it will be a waste of money as I know I have gained. So I'm going back the following week even though I'm back to pointing from today. It was an interesting experience, but one that I don't want to repeat

NimmyZ wrote: »
    For the 1st time in 8 months I decided to take a week off and eat what I liked. That was on Saturday. I enjoyed Sunday and Monday eating rings around myself but started to feel lethargic and headachy and grumpy. Also felt really guilty and actually scared that I was on a slippery slope to stopping completely. So yesterday (Tuesday) I decided it wasn't worth it and I'm back on track now and started pointing again today.
    i just wanted to remember what it felt like not to point and calculate and weigh and track and to be honest I just felt horrible.
    I'm not gboing to WI this Friday coz it will be a waste of money as I know I have gained. So I'm going back the following week even though I'm back to pointing from today. It was an interesting experience, but one that I don't want to repeat

i noticed that too....after last week of hanging out and partying with my friend...i felt so blahhhhh cranky...sluggish...bloated....even depressed....my body was pissed off at me....bloated....backed up....

but this week now....i'm like jumping off the walls enery :P if it wasnt for this crappy rain i'd be doing excercising outside.

how it makes your body feel....is a great motivation on not to splurge on junk!

fecking hell i must have drank like 8 pints of water today....was gasping! finally getting a natural thirst back...peeing like a racehorse all day....wooo! means my body is hydrated again :D and bloating gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    UP 1.25Lbs?!:eek:

back above 200lbs,:mad:
    I had lost 3st, not anymore, :mad:
    I was within 3lbs of breaking the 14st barrier, now 4.25lbs...:(

depressing to have an 'UP' at such a pivotal point!!:o

ah well, this way I get to hit those mini targets twice!!:D:cool::D:cool:

guys,

I dont get this ...

I always do a sanity check WI the day after my actual WI to ensure I havent had a false gain(dehydration, etc..). so I did one this morning only to see

13st 11.75LBS on the scales, thats a 6.5lbs swing from yesterday's 14st4.25LBS ??!?!?!?:eek::eek::eek:

How is that possible? I ate the same amount I always ate, water intake was similar, .....

Really cant wait till next wednesday's WI now, there gcould be a pile off mini goals getting the road!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Oooo yea I saw that too and completely forgot to post it, thanks shanna. I know I can rarely get to Lidl too being in the city centre. The Dunnes granary one is great too and a nice change from the Pitta breads. Makes a decent sambo and none of that bread thats just air malarky! ;)

Hi folks,

Is nimble bread really 3pp for 2 slices? I eat it most of the time but had been pointing it as 4 as that's what our leader told us.
    If it's 3 then I'm delighted!

:D

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Is nimble bread really 3pp for 2 slices? I eat it most of the time but had been pointing it as 4 as that's what our leader told us.
    If it's 3 then I'm delighted!

:D

Yep I've taken to pointing all breads as none of them are similiar. Like alot are 2pp for one slice but 5 for two slices. I've pointed the Dunnes one with my calculator and 1 slice is 1pp and 2 is 3pp. If you don't have access to a calculator when needed though it's better to point like that, ie 2pp for one and 4pp for 2. Better to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

I dont get this ...

I always do a sanity check WI the day after my actual WI to ensure I havent had a false gain(dehydration, etc..). so I did one this morning only to see

13st 11.75LBS on the scales, thats a 6.5lbs swing from yesterday's 14st4.25LBS ??!?!?!?:eek::eek::eek:

How is that possible? I ate the same amount I always ate, water intake was similar, .....

Really cant wait till next wednesday's WI now, there gcould be a pile off mini goals getting the road!!

Wow GT that sounds extreme alright! Did you way at the same time of day? I notice a huge difference between morning weight and evening weight - probably due to fluid retention etc. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement