Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your drinks cabient!

• 26-07-2011 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Well I'd be interested to see other peoples drinks cabinets, at the moment mine is poorly stocked as I've just started but in August in expecting a very very nice addition (hopefully) to it! I've also a few nice glasses such as 2x Duvel, 1x Chimay & 1x Erdinger, Although they won't fit in this cabinet unfortunately.

25072011619.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Ah sure why not, I don't have anything better to do at 12:30am than creep up to the kitchen with a camera in hand. Not got much of a collection, just a few beers I haven't brought myself to open yet (and a Hobgoblin that I can't be bothered to open). Fuller's Vintage Ale 2008, Brewdog Tokyo*, Liefmans Goudenband, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Orval, and a Duvel that I'm keeping for a year to see if I notice a difference.
    image308medium.jpg

And my glasswear, why not!
    image309medium.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

All my drink is kept under the sink in my bedroom which is why you can notice shampoo and hair gel and stuff.

scaled.php?server=706&filename=1003375m.jpg&res=medium

Nothin dead exciting really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I wouldn't know where to start!
    I have a shocking amount of drink in my house.

There's the cupboard in the kitchen full of spirits (and some fortified wines and such).

There's a few bottles floating around the kitchen that wont fit in the cupboard.

My beer and wine is under the stairs (some of the wine is boxed).

Then there's the bottom of a wardrobe upstairs that has all my ageing beer and any unopened bottles of spirits.

Might get around to picturing one of them today.

Mo14 wrote: »
    Ah sure why not, I don't have anything better to do at 12:30am than creep up to the kitchen with a camera in hand. Not got much of a collection, just a few beers I haven't brought myself to open yet (and a Hobgoblin that I can't be bothered to open). Fuller's Vintage Ale 2008, Brewdog Tokyo*, Liefmans Goudenband, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Orval, and a Duvel that I'm keeping for a year to see if I notice a difference.

I covet your Dogfish Head 90 (although I do have one myself);)

I covet your Dogfish Head 90 (although I do have one myself);)

Can't bring myself to open it, because when it's gone, it's gone :(

So I'm hoping to source more before I open it, pretty hard to do living in Kilkenny though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Drink it. Hoppy beers deteriorate and shouldn't be aged.
    So I'm hoping to source more before I open it, pretty hard to do living in Kilkenny though.
    A few months back Dogfish Head decided to halt exports. There will be no more for the foreseeable.

Drink it, enjoy it, as soon as you can.

BeerNut wrote: »

A few months back Dogfish Head decided to halt exports. There will be no more for the foreseeable.

Yes I know it shouldn't be aged, it probably won't last THAT long there, it's just a shame as it's certainly one of my favourite beers. I guess I was hoping a trip to Dublin would yield a bottle or two forgotten about on a dusty shelf somewhere. But I think I've left it too long, ahh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Here is the contents of my cabinet

102_1411.jpg

And I forgot this one in the photo

102_1412.jpg

And the glasses

102_1413.jpg

102_1414.jpg

102_1415.jpg

OK, here's the cupboard in the kitchen :

[IMG][/img]2011_07_26_164227.jpg

KJ wrote: »
    And the glasses

Were those Porterhouse and Bull and Castle glasses bought in the respective pubs, or "acquired" in another manner? I ask because I'll be taking a trip up to those pubs soonish and I'd love one of those Brain Blásta glasses if they actually sell them.

• Advertisement

Were those Porterhouse and Bull and Castle glasses bought in the respective pubs, or "acquired" in another manner? I ask because I'll be taking a trip up to those pubs soonish and I'd love one of those Brain Blásta glasses if they actually sell them.
    I bought the Bull & Castle one in the pub.
    The Porterhouse one I got in a restaurant in Temple Bar when I asked the manager if I could have one and the Brainblasta one was given to me by drinkstore.
    I reckon they probably have them in their pubs though.

Hommelbier ages exceptionally well - I actually don't care for 'young' hommel any more.

Orval is pretty hoppy, too.

But having said that, yes, I must drink my Dogfish Head soon (there'll be no sharing this one!)

Hommelbier ages exceptionally well - I actually don't care for 'young' hommel any more.

Orval is pretty hoppy, too.
    Different sort of hoppy ;). Hoppy's a terrible word, I shouldn't use it. What I mean is the delicate grapefruit and passionfruit aromas and flavours, but mostly aromas, that are central to beers like 90 Minute IPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

My drinks cabinet would be far better stocked if somebody didn't decide to help themselves to half of it before, that right Mo14?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Good to know the Bull and Castle glasses can be bought - wouldn't mind getting some of those.

My drinks cabinet would be far better stocked if somebody didn't decide to help themselves to half of it before, that right Mo14?

That must have been terrible, sorry to hear that.

That must have been terrible, sorry to hear that.

Must have been worse being the guy who drank half of it the next morning, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Does anyone else keep their empty bottles? I've loads in the shed, all different bourbons and Japanese whiskey etc. I can't seem to throw them away. I should be banned from master of malt web site while drinking lol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Dave_Kilkenny & Mo14: take it to PM please.

Great thread by the way.

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Does anyone else keep their empty bottles? I've loads in the shed, all different bourbons and Japanese whiskey etc. I can't seem to throw them away. I should be banned from master of malt web site while drinking lol.

No but I've great trouble emptying them. I always like to keep a measure or two for future reference or comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I can tell none of ye are alcoholics, your cabinets are too well stocked! :)

KJ and the beer revolu, I'll be over to sample your wares soon. ;)

Does anyone else keep their empty bottles?

Nope, haven't the space for that, but I do keep the cap off of each new beer I try. People sometimes think that's weird, oh well.

Wondering where you got the bottle of Chambrod from?

I actually got it in sainsburys

I've bought Chambord in Bradley's and the Abbot's in Cork.
    Any decent offie should have it.
    Don't the Wine Centre have it?

@KJ I see you have the silver select. I've been through many bottles of that but I prefer the gentleman jack, I've also the jd scenes of lynchberg here, empty of course :)

I drank mine the other night and it definitely has lost something - still a beautiful beer but lacking those lovely floral hoppy aromas. (mine was bottled May 2010).
    Kind of kicking myself for keeping it so long.

I've gotten my hands on a bottle of 120' which I won't make the same mistake with:D

I keep some if I like the bottle or if the contents were really special.

No but I've great trouble emptying them. I always like to keep a measure or two for future reference or comparison.

Yup, I have that problem too.
    And more than once I only 'got' a whiskey on the very last drop - psychological, no doubt.

I drank mine the other night and it definitely has lost something - still a beautiful beer but lacking those lovely floral hoppy aromas. (mine was bottled May 2010).
    Kind of kicking myself for keeping it so long.

I've gotten my hands on a bottle of 120' which I won't make the same mistake with:D

Uh oh, mine was also bottled May '10. That's it, it'll be drunk tomorrow! Shame about the lack of floral hoppy goodness, pretty much the beer's best feature. I'll just hope you got a dud bottle and mine will be perfect ;)

Is there a shop with the 120 Minute still in stock? Or did you get your hands on it in another manner?

A case of knowing someone who knows someone whose husband brought some from The States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

mines not too bad, although the vodka is gone (:eek::( and the wine is in a bit short supply :( - all down to buying a car this week and being too skint for a restock).

beers in the fridge, everything else is on the sideboard, all the ususal suspects and strangely mead! :rolleyes:

Wouldn't mind seeing more pictures put up :) That's what interests me.

@KJ I see you have the silver select. I've been through many bottles of that but I prefer the gentleman jack, I've also the jd scenes of lynchberg here, empty of course :)

Silver select is really really nice. I've not had the Gentleman Jack though. Might have to pick it up next time im in the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jjanderton

OK, here's the cupboard in the kitchen :

[IMG][/img]2011_07_26_164227.jpg

Nice set of collection...I like your all stuff. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

wine_fridge.jpg

This is about 240 bottles and some other stuff.

and

drinks_cabinet.jpg

for the booze. The three bottles in front are what I keep in the freezer.

Can I've two from the top and four from any of the other rows, please, Carol.

• Advertisement

Recently added this
    96211620.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Day to day drinks:
    drinks1.jpg

Featuring lots of different claret and cote du Rhone, a Spanish macabeo, Whiskey (Bushmills, Bushmills 10 y.o, Greenspot, Jameson, Redbreast 12 y.o, Jameson Gold and Greeore 8 y.o), Whisky (Tallisker 10 y.o, Caol Ila 12 y.o) Absinthe (La Fee) Vodka (Absolute, Zubrovka, Finlandia and Tamov) Gin (Bombay and Tanqueray) and beer (Helvick Gold, Leffe, Hoegarden, Tiger, Hens Tooth, Goldings, Golden Glory). Not pictured (Smithwicks, Carlsberg, Spaten, additional / duplicate bottles)

Tasty Whiskey/Whisky:

drinks2.jpg

Featuring Midleton Very Rare, Mdleton Single Cask, Midleton Barry Crocket Legacy, Caol Ila Distillery's Reserve Jameson Gold, Tallisker Distillery's Reserve, Jameson Distillery and Distiller's Reserve, Knappogue 1995, Bushmills 21 y.o., Redbreast 15 y.o., Redbreast 12 y.o, An Cnoc 12 y.o, Glendronach 15 (Tawney Port), Jameson 18 y.o, Kilbeggan Distiller's Reserve (new one), James 12 y.o, Glenfarclas 10 y.o pre 2008.

Not pictured (my other, secret, whiskey stash of Midleton Single Casks, older V.R.'s and Scottish independent bottlings).

Moral of the story - I need more beers!

My spirit collection: nothing of any great interest I'm afraid. I haven't bought anything new since last year and have worked my way through a few bottles since.
    6026421081_d48da6b9a3_z.jpg
    Current beers:
    6026416723_e156c98090_z.jpg

Recently added this,
    [Georgia Moon, Corn Whiskey]

Just wondering where you picked that up?
    Tasty Whiskey/Whisky:

drinks2.jpg

Featuring Midleton Very Rare, Mdleton Single Cask, Midleton Barry Crocket Legacy, Caol Ila Distillery's Reserve Jameson Gold, Tallisker Distillery's Reserve, Jameson Distillery and Distiller's Reserve, Knappogue 1995, Bushmills 21 y.o., Redbreast 15 y.o., Redbreast 12 y.o, An Cnoc 12 y.o, Glendronach 15 (Tawney Port), Jameson 18 y.o, Kilbeggan Distiller's Reserve (new one), James 12 y.o, Glenfarclas 10 y.o pre 2008.

Not pictured (my other, secret, whiskey stash of Midleton Single Casks, older V.R.'s and Scottish independent bottlings).

Have to say thats an amazing collection there, a nice display case really would do it justice.

I got it from master of malt web site. Great site really. They ship 8 bottles for 10 euro with a courier with a 2 day delivery. I buy all my bourbon from them, knob creek costs 28 sterling but it's 65 euro in o'briens. They also do very expensive whiskeys by the dram too. Nice way to try stuff that's just way too expensive by the bottle. Just having a drop of bulleit bourbon as I type this, it's delish :)

• Advertisement

I decided that I needed to move my ageing beer cellar and take stock of what I have so I thought I'd photograph everything while I was at it (unopened bottles of spirits have the same home). So this is what lurks in my closet!;)

rum_tequila_etc.jpg
    Rum, Tequila etc.

whiskey_etc_2.jpg
    Whiskey etc. (there are two Taliskers - discovered the second one after I took the photo)

large_bottles_1.jpg
    Some large bottles.

large_bottles_2.jpg
    Some more large bottles including the last 2 Kriek Boon 2005 from our wedding in 2007

lambics_and_sours.jpg
    Mmmm Sours.

Orval.jpg
    Orval L-R: 06, 08, 09, 10,11

Brewdog_Brooklyn_etc.jpg
    Brewdog, Brooklyn Etc.

Hommel_Eisbock_etc.jpg
    Hommel (probably the last few 50cl bottles in existence - bbe 12 08) and friends

All_tidy.jpg
    My new, tidy beer cellar.

Now, I wonder if I'll ever get around to picturing my wine and drinking beer?

Tough act to follow ^^^

DSC_3575.jpg

Got three new additions from my brilliant girlfriend for my LC Results/Birthday.

I really should add something besides vodka to my drinks cabinet, have a bit of a taste for rum so I'll look into that soon.

In the picture,
    Smirnoff Black
    Karlson Gold - Single distilled potato vodka, very sweet nice sipped on its own chilled (Not extremely cold)
    Legend of Kremlin minature,

vodkas.jpg

I took your advice and got a bottle brought back for me from Spain. Gonna taste it later today

Two more little presents :rolleyes: The Russian Standard & Finlandia.
    Drinks cabinet could really do with a little variety between the spirits at this stage :P

drinks.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

20110819_175301.jpg

I liked this thread!
    Decided it was time to take stock of the beer under the stairs so I thought I'd take some photos and resurrect this thread while I'm at it.

DSC00823rs.jpg

and the ones that wouldn't fit in the first photo

DSC00824rs.jpg

The only undrinkable beer there is the Charles Quint - it was past it's best when I bought it cheap and 2 or more years under the stairs won't have done it much good.

The only ones I haven't tasted are the Dogfish Head 120" and the Schneider Tap X.

Since my last posting, 3 bottles of Shandon Century, a couple of Orval and a couple of Goudenband have gone up to the ageing cupboard.
    Maybe I have too much beer in the house?:rolleyes:

Dogfish Head 120" and the Schneider Tap X
    Top tip: don't drink them in that order ;)

Top tip: don't drink them in that order ;)

Thanks!
    I'm at a bit of a loss regarding what to do with the 120".
    I kept my last bottle of 90" for too long.
    However, the 120" bottle suggests ageing for up to a decade.
    Confused:confused:

Drink it. When I had it it was on draught and had a lovely fresh hop flavour but no harshness. It'll mellow into more of a liqueur, I'd say, but I'd be inclined to drink it young.

• Advertisement
Advertisement